Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits Within
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Tattered~Seraphim
I've just checked my rulesbook and realised that I listed mystic armour under spells not powers on Hecate's bio. oops! It's always active apparently.

Soon as she can, Hecate's going to go astral.
Ophis
oops used wrong stats for attack, had 2 extra dice...

rolled and editted in
Dentris
The troll scored no hit. The fire base DV is thus 11 (ouch).

He soak 8 of them. (He is lucky, and has magical resistance) Therefore he recieves 3 boxes of damage.

The orc is unable to move, enthralled by Hecate's spell.

Emo Samurai's turn.
Ophis
I presume the spell resistance power?

That only protects against sorcey, and the innate spell power, which my attack was neither.

Sorry to rules lawyer but I want toasty troll!
Dentris
I'll check my rulebook...But that would mean one less hit on the soaking roll...
Ophis
plus being an adept he can't have the magic resistant quality(which still only specifies spells)

edit:- just seen your post I checked my book and paraphrased what it said. One box is one box more
emo samurai
Tu Shu Guan attempts to punch the elf.
[ Spoiler ]
BlackHat
Free action to put spell-defense (4) on myself, the witch, the fire spirit, and whoever else materializes next.

Complex action to use influence on the elf (who I expect will have a decent willpower- but whatever). Charisma+Magic = 8 dice: [4] [6] [5] [5] [1] [1] [1] [5] = 4 hits. (Opposed against target's willpower). The suggestion (mentally communicated?) is to defend her.
Ophis
Once this fight is over can we have a rollcall to remind me what everyone is? In character for chatty stuff would be great.
BlackHat
Agreed. biggrin.gif
Ankle Biter
Ahh, blast, looks like I missed the train, ah well, have fun guys.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Ankle Biter)
Ahh, blast, looks like I missed the train, ah well, have fun guys.

WHat do you mean, missed the train? I don't see why you can't be in?
DireRadiant
Are we getting to IP 2 about now? Going from astral to mundane I go from 3 to 2 IP, so this is my lsat this comabt turn.

Pretty simple for my part, simple action stand up, simple action perceive the mundane world.

Perception 4 + Int 4 = 8
6 3 4 2 2 2 5 1 = 2 hits

I doubt I'll see anything special, but you never know.

DireRadiant
QUOTE (Dentris)
Ok, combat time. I roll initiative and defenses to speed things up, but you roll everything else (except secret rolls, obviously). All the materialization spirits are materialized, while the possessing spirits are still in astral space. Your memory of the recent events are obscure. It appears you were just summoned and now people are directly attacking you.

Initiative:

Tattered Seraphim: 5
DireRadiant: 4.5
Trol: 4.3
Black Hat: 4
Ophis: 4
Orc: 3
Emo Samurai: 2
Cold-Dragon: 2
Elf: 1.5
Ankle Biter: 1

Ankle Biter, your last in IP, so plenty of chance to stay in, it hasn't even gotten to your turn yet really.
emo samurai
So does Tu Shu Guan do anything to the elf?
Cold-Dragon
Heh, this is one reason I should be leery of late day posting. *reads on to see what he/she/it needs to do*

Is it safe to assume we're all relatively close to the troll? Not sure how I would have to move to deal with him.
Cold-Dragon
Using the Engulf power, and as far as I can tell, it's essentially like doing a normal attack, just with a different result.

Being touch, I also believe I get a +2 dice since I only need to make contact.

*crossses fingers and some hairs*

agility + unarmed combat +2 for touching

2,2,6,3,6,2,6 = 3 hits

Hopefully, everyone else trying to attack Mr. Troll will provide enough penalties on him to give me a chance....I forgot my agility sucks as a plant spirit. ^-^;

At least if it holds, it'll give a little time...
Ankle Biter
Err, ok, looks like I can play after all, then, sweet.

Character sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Ankle Biter
Mr Twinkle will say something like...

"Ere, what for you hitting us?"

On his initiative, other than that he will make no offensive moves.

Edit-name correction.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Ankle Biter)
Err, ok, looks like I can play after all, then, sweet.

Character sheet
[ Spoiler ]

I have regeneration, so I think you can have it too, if that helps.
DireRadiant
I've posted the result of my sucessful possesion from IP 1, I'll be waiting on the rest of the IC posts of IP 1, elf, and twinkle toes I believe, and the top of IP 2 before posting again.
Ankle Biter
Well, Elf is before me, so I am waiting for them to post.

Also.

Why iz you calling me twinkle toez? all of me iz twinkles.
DireRadiant
Sorry, confused you with the elf maybe.
Tattered~Seraphim
Ooops, getting a bit muddled here. Have I posted too soon then ('Cate being first on the IP list)?
DireRadiant
Possibly, the elf might have killed you already.
Tattered~Seraphim
That would be a nightmare if that happened!
Right, I'll remove that post put it in here for storage and repost it hopefully.

Hecate uses the advantage of the other spirits attacking the troll and the spell defences to haul her manifested form backwards, behind the others, giving the order for the entranced orc to attack his troll companion. Better that probably than try to set a manabolt on him with him watching and attack her again. She couldn't take another hit like that. Azure blue eyes blaze with anger. The troll would definately pay for hurting her like that! She takes a stance towards the back, out of the troll's immediate reach, standing ready with her magician's staff in her hands, but ready to go astral again at a moment's notice.
Dentris
The elf scored 4 hits on his dodge test...Damn I'm lucky today.

Cold-Dragon: The ruling about touch attack is that you only need to get as much hits as the defenders, while other actions need at least one net hit to succeed. I rerolled for you, but you still had three hits...

The troll rolled only 1 hit on his unarmed parry...(luck is limited after all)...but decided to use one point of edge...(from his group edge, because they are NPCs), scoring one additional hit. It is still engulfed, although he managed to soak more boxes than it actually received...

Tattered seraphim: you are aware all actions taken by the orc willbe given a penalty equal to his willpower because he resists your orders...

DireRadiant's turn
Cold-Dragon
At least he needs to get out of the engulf to move around (though I'm not sure if this doubles as subduing and he has to break free first to fight). But at least I tried! ^-^
Dentris
The troll needs to take his next action to break free. If he doesn't he has to soak the damage again and cannot act on his next round.
Tattered~Seraphim
Hhmmm.......... it might be a good idea for Hecate to go astral quickly!
emo samurai
Should have learned a few spells. Oh well.
Cold-Dragon
Even if Hecate goes Astral, it's not a safe bet. The adept might be evil enough to know how to perceive. Otherwise the mage could certainly try something. Also, locked out of our home planes as we are, We can't actually go somewhere in a blink of an eye, though we can do normal astral running (so tracking is certainly possible).

We did surprise them though. It's not an impossible idea to restrain them all briefly so we could flee? Shadowrunners aren't the only ones that can duck out to save their skins.
BlackHat
I didn't see the elf's roll to resist Adsinistrati's influence power, did I miss it?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Sep 26 2006, 09:15 PM)
Are we getting to IP 2 about now? Going from astral to mundane I go from 3 to 2 IP, so this is my lsat this comabt turn.

Pretty simple for my part, simple action stand up, simple action perceive the mundane world.

Perception 4 + Int 4 = 8
6    3    4    2    2    2    5    1 = 2 hits

Question. Can I make a dead body move? There may be a difference in what possesion and inhabitation can do as far as the vessel.

Posted IC to handle either way.
Cold-Dragon
Nono, a body 'can' move. It's just the fact the dead person has nothing to stimulate muscles and nerves anymore. Mechanically speaking, you can walk, talk, urinate, etc.

But you might not be able to show any form of brain activity unless you use an electricity power in the head. XD Regenerate will take care of oher potential problems that would have come up later from decay.
Dentris
QUOTE (BlackHat)
I didn't see the elf's roll to resist Adsinistrati's influence power, did I miss it?

No, i just didn't post it it appears. She used one point of edge and got 5 hits...
Dentris
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Sep 26 2006, 09:15 PM)

Perception 4 + Int 4 = 8
6    3    4    2    2    2    5    1 = 2 hits

Question. Can I make a dead body move? There may be a difference in what possesion and inhabitation can do as far as the vessel.

Posted IC to handle either way.

You can move just as you can make an articulated doll move. If it is a possible physical movement, even if there is no ''power'' left, you can do it.
DireRadiant
I'm done for turn one then, waiting on new initiative and see what happens in the meantime. Should I survive, then the stuff of nightmares will begin.

I can't help thinking it would have been fun to try and possess the troll after he got injured enough to be weakened. Might not be too late to do it even.
Dentris
The troll gets 6 hits to get out of the engulf against 7...He's out of luck and is still stuck.

BlackHat's turn.
BlackHat
Influence again. I'll make Mr. Root Monster the 4th benificiary of spell-defense.
He's using edge? I will too. wink.gif

Charisma+Magic+Edge = 9 dice:
[2] [1] [1] [6] [6] [5] [2] [5] [2] = 4 hits
Rerolling 6s: [1] [4] = +0 hits.

4 hits again.
Ophis
I'm up next so I'll charge the elf's spirits as troll appears tied up. I'll activate flame aura as I go.

Charge unarmed= 14 dice (it gets +1 on it's defence)

another nice roll - 1, 2, 5, 6, 4, 1, 5, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2, 1, 5

6 hits doing 6P(fire)
Cold-Dragon
Wait, I had 7 hits and the troll got 6? O_o Dang....Apparently I rolled well when keeping him in check! (Well, Dentris did, lol).
Ankle Biter
Well, Everybody else seems busy, so next pass I will wander up to that elf lass and ask what she's fighting for...
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Ankle Biter)
Well, Everybody else seems busy, so next pass I will wander up to that elf lass and ask what she's fighting for...

You know girls just can't resist the big baubles?
Dentris
The elf got two hits on his influence resistance check. The earth elemental defending against the attack got not hits...he is badly damage by the attack (7 boxes of damage).

The orc attack the troll with 1 hit, but the troll soak it all (he cannot dodge)

Emo Samurai's turn
emo samurai
Tu Shu Guan says "I don't suppose we could just stop fighting? We obviously have powers that aren't usable by most conjured spirits, and you have no hope of winning anyway. I think it's a good time to talk."

[ Spoiler ]
Cold-Dragon
I don't have leadership, and I have no idea what modifiers would work in any case. At best, I would have to use edge if I wante to use a roll. All I want for now is to try simple persuasion that wouldn't involve a check. As things are, it's just crazy enough to work.
Dentris
I'll call that a combat truce...you can talk any way you choose, but if any of you wants to make an attack action, I'll roll initiative again...

Oh yeah, by the way. I was suppose to tell you after the fight the little you remember about your banishment.

You were living your normal metaplanar life when really high rated spirits came to your house/lodge/whatever how you call it, captured you and brought you before a single spirit who appeared to be more powerful than anything you witnessed before (although you were alone before him, it appears everyone lived the same thing at the same time). He told you how disappointed he was of you and that you will pay for your crimes. He then condemned you to Evanescence and after that, you remember being punched by an angry troll physical adept. The mighty spirit never told you what was your crime...
Cold-Dragon
Hmmm...troll adept....nope! Doesn't ring a bell! wink.gif lol...

At least he didn't banish us to polish shoes.
BlackHat
Using "Influence" on the elf (again) to get him to trust Adsinitrati to protect him:
[5] [6] [6] [4] [6] [6] [6] [2] = 6 hits

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012