Full Version: Spirits Within
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Ophis
Okay here's the roll... 12 dice

1, 5, 4, 2, 6, 6, 4, 5, 4, 2, 6, 4

five hits.
BlackHat
Adsinistrati (when its her turn) will also float up out of the reach of the ghouls. She will then attempt to use her influence power on one of them to make it attack another. Since htey are dual-natured, Adsinistrati can affect them from the astral.

Dice pool: 6 (damn -2 from area): 3,3,1,1,5,2 = 1 hit.
He'll probably resist it, but maybe not. biggrin.gif
Ankle Biter
Edit. Dammit they raped regen in this edition. I picked 2 powers totally useless on the asral plane didn't I? frown.gif

So does the reduction in force carry over to skills, or am I totally screwed?

Either way I'm done for the turn once I've taken a swing, next turn I will go full defensive, and try to stop these guys hitting the squishier people in the group. Which is apparently me.
Ophis
Do'h forgot about the bg count I loose the last four dice on that, so only get 4 hits.
Dentris
QUOTE (Ankle Biter @ Oct 24 2006, 08:58 AM)
Edit. Dammit they raped regen in this edition. I picked 2 powers totally useless on the asral plane didn't I? frown.gif

Either way I'm done for the turn once I've taken a swing, next turn I will go full defensive, and try to stop these guys hitting the squishier people in the group. Which is apparently me.

For spirits, since skill is relative to force, you also lose 2 points in all your skills, meaning you have 4 less dice (2 from attributes, 2 from skills) than normal.

I mean, how else would ghouls be dangerous to you.

Ophis: I'm at work, so I'll post the resolutin of your action when i get back home.
BlackHat
Lopping off another two dice frmo my previous roll means I get no hits, and also glitch. No wait, no hits means its a critical glitch.

SO happy Adsinistrati is moving out of reach. biggrin.gif
Dentris
QUOTE (BlackHat)
Lopping off another two dice frmo my previous roll means I get no hits, and also glitch. No wait, no hits means its a critical glitch.

SO happy Adsinistrati is moving out of reach. biggrin.gif

I may be mistaken, but i thought the ruling about glitches was mre than half the dice rolled ended up being 1, not just half the dice.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Dentris)
QUOTE (Ankle Biter @ Oct 24 2006, 08:58 AM)

For spirits, since skill is relative to force, you also lose 2 points in all your skills, meaning you have 4 less dice (2 from attributes, 2 from skills) than normal.

I mean, how else would ghouls be dangerous to you.

Ophis: I'm at work, so I'll post the resolutin of your action when i get back home.

Oh, well, at least with the penalty I still got one hit on my attack roll.

Hang on, don't ghouls being forced dual natured have a penalty too?
Ophis
Yes to their magic rating...
Dentris
BlackHat: You can't use your Influence power until the sunset because of your glitch (I reread the rule and the wording is: half or more), but otherwise you remain unharmed.

Tu Shu Guan's turn.
BlackHat
Lol, okay, I thought it was a glitch originally - so I can't be too disappointed. biggrin.gif
Good luck Mr. Johnson!
emo samurai
Tu Shu Guan says "I think it's best that you run," goes astral, and moves outside the warehouse. If he can't do all that in one turn, he just goes astral and leaves.
Dentris
Turn into astral form takes a complex action, so the only thing you can do for the turn is that. Post a reply in to IC topic accordingly.
BlackHat
Well, speaking is a free action, and movement isn't part of an action at all so I think he can do all three
DireRadiant
When it comes to the All Seeing Eye turn again. He will attempt to Possess the body of one of the dead guards.

1 hit = 3 3 4 6

The BG count makes things nasty.
Ankle Biter
Mr Twinkle is gonna shout

"Let's take this out da background zone."

Then, still on the defensive, start making his way out of the atral nasty zone. I need them 2 forces back.
BlackHat
On Adsinistrati's turn, she will conceed to the will of the other spirits - having lost her one real weapon. wink.gif With another warning to the Johnson (who is probably so totally screwed) she'll go through the wall.
Dentris
Well, since DireRadiant posted what he wanted to do and the ghouls had only 1 initiative phases, it's Medh's turn.
Ophis
Another firebolt at the same one and float along with the others to try to get out the BG Count.

8 dice
6, 1, 4, 6, 5, 3, 1, 3= 3 hits
Ankle Biter
Err, where is everybody? frown.gif
BlackHat
Waiting to flee from this combat. wink.gif
Dentris
ok, sorry for the delay, i was having a lot of work with my job and all. I'll speed up things a little bit.
DireRadiant
Can the All Seeing Eye run out with the possessed body and take it through the astral gateway?

And for soemthign of the woman's on teh way?
emo samurai
Tu Shu Guan makes an Etiquette test to see if he should scratch the dog's head. If he shoudln't, then he won't. If he should, then he gives it the scratching of its life, since I got

3 1 6 3 2 4 6 6 5 5, 5 successes.
emo samurai
He got 6 successes on his Negotiation test. He's going to offer to bring a piece of meat of the dog's choice through the gateway and be his companion for a month.
Dentris
well, as i said in the post, looking like a dog doesn't make him a dog. He may want more spirit-related favor than animal-related.
emo samurai
Tu Shu Guan is Mandarin Chinese for "Library." biggrin.gif
emo samurai
4 hits on his assensing test. 1,4,3,5,4, 5, 2, 2, 5, 5.
Dentris
The girl is dissapointed, with a force of 7 and is a free muse shadow spirit.
emo samurai
Is she lying?
Ophis
I think we've found our target...
emo samurai
Why do you think that? She's probably lying. Even if she was a shadow spirit, she wouldn't become ultra-powerful this quickly.
Dentris
Mwhahahahahaha!

Have i laugh evily out loud?
BlackHat
Disguise roll to impersonate the girl:
#D=8 : 35466633 n1=0 n6=3 nHit=4

Fully aware that Dentris might be deviating from canon here, and that Adsinistrati might be wrong, but I'm going to have her say it anyways,.... unless we should know this ahead of time... people don't typically become spirits... so eve nif this one has, it seems fair to assume we don't believe her.
Dentris
as spirits, you are fully aware people cannot become spirits...And i'm not deviating from canon a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012