Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits Within
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
DireRadiant
All Seeing All Knowing Eye, updated to reflect edge of 2

[ Spoiler ]
Cold-Dragon
If we're not starting tomorrow, I would suspect soonish.

Now is probably a good time to note I'm more available for posting in evening times and later (life is just too hectic to guarantee earlier). Good thing for consistancy though.
Ophis
Okies, I can't resist it... force five here I come...
[ Spoiler ]

First use for karma, more edge...
emo samurai
Same here.
BlackHat
DireRadiant: Can we call him ASAKE?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (BlackHat)
DireRadiant: Can we call him ASAKE?

You can call him whatever you want. smile.gif
BlackHat
"Sir Gerald Von Poopsmith, the Third?"
DireRadiant
Just remember, he -knows- what you called him, and may be a very nasty vindictive patient spirit waiting for the right moment to tell you the wrong thing that will get you very hurt, or obtain your True Name. And then you'll be sorry!
Tattered~Seraphim
What about 'Al'? Like Al from Quantum Leap, who seemed to know most of what was going on.
Cold-Dragon
Does this mean we're gonna make a Television Tradition, or 'Classics' Tradition? wink.gif
Dentris
Ok, combat time. I roll initiative and defenses to speed things up, but you roll everything else (except secret rolls, obviously). All the materialization spirits are materialized, while the possessing spirits are still in astral space. Your memory of the recent events are obscure. It appears you were just summoned and now people are directly attacking you.

Initiative:

Tattered Seraphim: 5
DireRadiant: 4.5
Trol: 4.3
Black Hat: 4
Ophis: 4
Orc: 3
Emo Samurai: 2
Cold-Dragon: 2
Elf: 1.5
Ankle Biter: 1
Ophis
Holy crap, we appear to have started!

Cold-Dragon
Yeah...and I'm near the bottom! >.< lol!
Ophis
Gives you time to plan, sensible way to start smile.gif
Cold-Dragon
I guess we need the 1st up to start then. wink.gif lol. Now lets hope those getting shot at have decent force...
Ophis
*Wanders off to kick Tattered Seraphim*
Dentris
My ruling about combat is simple. You have 24 hours to post something or you automatically go into Full Defense...

Oh, and by the way, how do you like the introduction? Don't worry, things will be cleared out after the combat.
Cold-Dragon
Introduction was good to me. ^-^; My only hope is that that assault rifle is a 6p one, otherwise it might hurt. ^-^; Course, maybe if I look all cute and defenseless, I won't get shot!

I suspect I was knocked root over trunk with that banishing though.

- - Oh, by a day to post do you mean by persons turn, or for all in general? I'd have several days depending on those listed if it's one way, or else I would need to post later if nothing happens tonight.
Dentris
a day by person's turn...
DireRadiant
Is there still time for me to possess either the head shot, or more likely the heart attack victim? I'm thinking if I can possess, I can regenerate and keep one alive.

If I can't keep either alive, then the head shot corpse is about to succumb to a case of inanimate possession....

[ Spoiler ]
Cold-Dragon
Convenient for keeping yourself a living vessel to walk around - no mind after its dead, no reason for a mind to come back if you revive the corpse via power. "You could live your new life as <insert guards name here>!
BlackHat
Can we go ahead and post our actions if we know what we want them to be, and then resolve them in order? OR should we wait to see how things play out in the few seconds before the action itself?

Also, can we post about how we materialize around the shadowrunners? or are we near the flash of light off in the distance? Range is likely to become important as soon as the mortals turn their weaponry on us.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Cold-Dragon)
Convenient for keeping yourself a living vessel to walk around - no mind after its dead, no reason for a mind to come back if you revive the corpse via power. "You could live your new life as <insert guards name here>!

I haven't kept track, but if anyone else is possessing, with my Regeneration and body swapping, we can get quite a view mindless almost living vessels.
emo samurai
A few, not a view. A little English lesson, if you will.
Cold-Dragon
Maybe we should use our spirit Nucwear Wessiles? :>

Typo's! Machine Sprites gone wild (programs must be 18 months or older to order).
Tattered~Seraphim
Sorry! I was checking the boards last night, and I didn't see that anything had come up! sarcastic.gif
Tattered~Seraphim
Right, Hecate's casting mob control on the group about to attack them. Her command is to 'stop what you're doing, don't move!'
Just to check, I'm rolling magic 4 and spellcasting 1 to cast it?
Right, here goes:
Rolls: 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1 = 3 hits.

Resisting drain:
Rolls: 6, 6, 5, 1 = 3 hits
DireRadiant
Hmm, I know the All Seeing All Knowing Eye can't arrive materialized, therefore I need to possess before I can affect the mundanes, but how is everyone else arriving? How long does it take to materialize anyway?
BlackHat
I think its a complex action to go either way... but I'm not sure.
I think the GM said the materializers are all materialized... and the possessors are all astral.

Do we have any inhabitors anymore?
Tattered~Seraphim
What about some of the people gathered around?
DireRadiant
Aren't we going to be affected by Mob Mind as well?
Tattered~Seraphim
I think that Hecate's standing in front of the other spirits. I think it's a line of sight spell, and she's focusing on the people in the shadows.
emo samurai
She could see between the spirits if she weren't at the front, anyway.
Tattered~Seraphim
Yeah, but to also avoid catching any of the other spirits in the spell.
BlackHat
*wants to post*

biggrin.gif I sitll think combat would move faster if everyone posted what they wanted to do at once, and we sort it out in initiative order. We could probalby have our side of this first round resolved by the end of the day.
emo samurai
I'll post mine.

Tu Shu Guan attempts to mollify the three with good old-fashioned diplomacy.

"We are not here to hurt you; we were sent by no summoner, and we do not in fact know why we are here to begin with."

4 successes on the Etiquette test with Charisma + Etiquette.
DireRadiant
How do you know what I am thinking?
emo samurai
It's convenient to believe that you aren't here to hurt them. And it's safe to assume that the rest of us are in the same boat as Tu Shu Guan.
DireRadiant
I have no problem with metagaming, it's just that there needs to be the vaguest hint of IC justification for the fact you know who I am, what's happening, and that you feel free to speak for all of us. Otherwise the explanation IC might be because this is all your fault! You are responsible, that's how you know everything!
emo samurai
Tu Shu Guan adds: "Or at least I don't."

He recovers quickly; he is used to dealing with strange social situations.
Ophis
Screw diplomacy, I'm in an odd situation, pick a target, the elf I think and Launch an attack at him. Medh, is pissed off.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Tattered~Seraphim)
Right, Hecate's casting mob control on the group about to attack them. Her command is to 'stop what you're doing, don't move!'
Just to check, I'm rolling magic 4 and spellcasting 1 to cast it?
Right, here goes:
Rolls: 5, 5, 3, 2, 1 = 2 hits.

Resisting drain:
Rolls: 6, 6, 5, 1 = 3 hits

I think your spellcasting ranks are = to your force, just like your magic, and pretty much every other stat except edge (or physical stats while materialized). Check with GM for sure.

I'm on deck. Ready to post either after the NPC troll goes ahead of him if I get the greenlight to chronomancy. wink.gif
BlackHat
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Sep 26 2006, 12:35 PM)
"We are not here to hurt you; we were sent by no summoner, and we do not in fact know why we are here to begin with."

Not to beat a dead horse, but Dentris did say "It appears you were just summoned"... so saying that you were not summoned would really be more of a con than a negotiation - since it would appear that you were. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Also, say that in one-second. wink.gif Cause that's how much time passes before they start kicking our asses and diplomacy is out the window. sleepy.gif

According to initiative, the Troll is going to unload on someone in about... NOW
Tattered~Seraphim
Ta BlackHat. Editted post to include the extra rolls.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Tattered~Seraphim)
Ta BlackHat.

eek.gif What is "ta"?
Ophis
English short for Thanks as in ta muchly rather than thank you very much.
BlackHat
Ah biggrin.gif
Dentris
Ok, sorry about the delay...I teach grade 3 children during the day. wink.gif

For actions: you can post your actions beforehand in the OoC section, but it is possible the battle changes before your turn comes, so you may be unable to change it afterwards (if i post your actions before you change it). You are invited to do so if you want, though it is not mandatory.

Tattered Seraphim: The orc scored no hit on his resistance test, the troll scored 4 hits and the elf scored 4 hits.

Dire Radiant: As you enter the astral form of Ferlown's dead body, you slowly feel the physical world around you. Within a second, you gained the complete control of your vessel.

The troll attack Hecate with his bare hands...scored 4 hits. Hecate rolled 2 hits. The total unarmed damage of the troll is 9 physical...(damned troll physical adepts wink.gif ). Hecate managed to soak 1 of them, for a total of 8 boxes

Ophis's turn
emo samurai
Screw diplomacy.
Ophis
Hey ho, the troll has made himself a big target. I'll try and toast him.

Okay i roll 12 dice for my exotic ranged weapon - 3 for shooting into melee

6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 6, 3

Hooray for me that was a good shot 6 hits!

Thats base power 5p(fire) plus any net sucesses after dodge (he's at -3 for dodging while in melee).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012