Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits Within
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
emo samurai
I'm wondering how you'll run negotiation rolls. Will I make a few arguments and get a bonus/penalty based on how well I as a player argue, or will it just be a straight roll?
Dentris
usually a single roll with modifiers depending on how well you argued.
emo samurai
Maybe I shouldn't have posted Tu Shu Guan's thoughts. mad.gif
DireRadiant
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Maybe I shouldn't have posted Tu Shu Guan's thoughts. mad.gif

Why do you think that?
emo samurai
Maybe Dentris would've been more susceptible to the tactic if I didn't post it.
BlackHat
Unlikely.

For one, the 25K is offered to the group - you don't really have the authority to change your mind about payment afterwards, and try to get a lab for yourself. biggrin.gif Secondly, what are the odds that this guy has an alchemy lab? If you're going to keep going on and on about them, you should at least look for magicians or talismongers or something.... Random guys in cars and Johnsons don't usually go home to unused alchemy labs wishing they had met a spirit that wanted to make use of them.
emo samurai
True... here's hoping he knows somebody with one.
Ankle Biter
uh, Did myslef or Medh find any place for us to hang out during this time? if not Mr Twinkle will still be happily looking around for a place to stay, until fetched.
emo samurai
I have plans... so many plans... vegm.gif
BlackHat
Are we aware (or am I mistaken about) that we can no longer go to the metaplanes? Also, isn't it impossible for a body to actually BE on a metaplane?
emo samurai
His SOUL'S on the metaplanes. And I think we're only banished from our home planes.
BlackHat
Hense my question. The Johnson just said he was told the soul was in another body. So either that's false, or its not on a metaplane. And, if we can't go to the metaplanes, there is no point in agreeing to even look.
Dentris
Johnson isn't aware of all the metaplanar physics. He is probably only repeating what the kidnapper said.

Also, you do not know if you can go back to your home planes. You haven't tried it yet. You assume you can go back to any planes, though, but you will suffer evanescence everywhere anyways...
emo samurai
The same as on Earth, 1 force point per month?
Dentris
QUOTE (emo samurai)
The same as on Earth, 1 force point per month?

right, but since metaplanes do not have a lot of physical material goods, evanescence is impossible to prevent there.
emo samurai
Fair enough. Can we go back to Earth at any time from the metaplanes?
Dentris
Emo:You need to find your way back, making a similar skill check than a normal mage trying to find his body.

All: you are now in a mana domain rating 2...consider your rating to be 2 less than your actual rating as long as you stay there.
emo samurai
How does Mr. Johnson seem? What's his personality like, as far as Tu Shu Guan can tell? Does he seem like the vengeful type? Does he seem like it's worth it keeping him happy? 3 successes on the Perception test and 5 successes on the Assensing test. This is before we enter the domain. After the look-see, I enter the domain with Mr. Johnson.
emo samurai
What'll the power pact be like? Will we be able to make multiple pacts with one person?
Ankle Biter
Mr Twinkle is just quietly following medh. He stayed astral during the meet, so I am not sure if the Johnson would have sen him.
Tattered~Seraphim
Sorry guys bout being somewhat absent. A hideous amount of work to do this week. Service will resume shortly, namely on friday.
Dentris
QUOTE (emo samurai)
What'll the power pact be like? Will we be able to make multiple pacts with one person?

It's one power pact per magician at the time. For a day, you lose the use of one of your power, but in exchange, you may cast one spell known by the caster.

Cold-Dragon
Like apologies for being MIA - hellish weekend, evil college, manic babysitting, fixing computers, internet, etc....

I will try to catch things up by monday at latest (maybe tonight even).
emo samurai
Tu Shu Guan has Search, BlackHat.
BlackHat
yeah but *I* don't know that. wink.gif

Also, I mgiht have missed it, but did the Johnson ever tell us if the body was male or female?
DireRadiant
Are we at -2 force or simply -2 dice pool when making tests in the aspected area?
Dentris
since you are spirits, you have -2 force...mana variations have a deeper effect on you than normal magicians.
DireRadiant
So,

Assensing for this end of the astral link.
1 hit Glitch = 1 3 1 6

emo samurai
4 hits on his assensing test to find the link. 5 5 6 5 1 2
Cold-Dragon
*hates it when this happens* >.<

Life is basically being a mean party pooper, since I never did anything on Monday as I said. Since I don't know when I'll get my schedule back in workable order...I'm afraid I'm gonna drop from the spirit game. -_-

You have plenty of spirits anyways. One less semi goody two shoes may help you along anyways.

kill me, ghost me, make me wander off, whatever. Sorry for all this.
emo samurai
DENTRIIIIIISSSS!!!
Dentris
Sorry for the slow week, I've been busy at work.
BlackHat
I am confused about what Adsinistrati thought she saw? was it like, the astral signatures of two spirits fading away in the astral space, or the sorts of astral signatures left by a human when they are in a place too long... and in this case, does he not see the bodies belonging to these signatures?
Dentris
Blackhat: You saw just what i described. The astral signtaures were there, then they faded. If you want to know more, you'll have to check IC.

Emo: you do not have to lower the barrier to continue, by the way, the trail to the metaplanes can be followed from the outside. Your character may lie if he wants to, though.
emo samurai
I had no idea. My character would, though. Can I count my post as edited?
BlackHat
Force (at -2) + Assensing = 6 dice
[4] [3] [5] [6] [5] [2] = 3 hits
Dentris
Initiative (high initiative frenzy):

Tu Shu Guan: 5.5
Mr. Twinkle: 5.4
The All Seeying: 5.3
Hecate: 5.2
Goul Pack A (3 ghouls): 4
Medh: 3
Adsinistrati: 1.5
Ghoul Pack B (3 ghouls): 1

Tu Shu Guan's turn
BlackHat
How exactly is initiative being generated? It seems imposible to have a fraction?
Ankle Biter
Initiative.reaction probably.
BlackHat
Ah, that would make sense...
Ankle Biter
goodie, ghouls, Mr Twinkle was feeling peckish...

I assume my hardened armour remains active while I am astral? if so, action one is punch a ghoul, if not, action one is manifest.

here is my punch roll, for when it comes up.
[1,4,4,5,3,3,3,3,3,3] 1 hit, err, uh oh.

Will wait in IC thread for tu shu.
Dentris
BlackHat: I roll initiative. In case of a tie, the highest reaction goes first. If there is another tie, the highest edge goes first. If there is still a tie, both actions go at the same time. Fraction initiative is based upon that. 5.5 goes before 5.4...

Ankle Biter: Hardened armor is not active in astral space. You need mystic armor for that. (However, if you have both hardened armor and mystic armor, your mystic armor is also hardened)
Ankle Biter
No worries, my first action is to manifest then, maybe some ghouls will be polite enought to try to hit me with normal weapons...
emo samurai
I roll to hit, and I get 2 successes. I suck, man. frown.gif
DireRadiant
The All Seeing Eye is going to move UP out of reach of nasty dual natured ghouls.
Dentris
Hecate's turn.
Tattered~Seraphim
I'm sorry guys, but my workload's ended up heavier than I expected, and thus I don't have enough time to be able to invest in this game any more, and have any kind of character left in Hecate. I'm really sad about this as I was enjoying it loads. Unfortunately, this is another case of RL comes first, and my Masters comes first. Sorry guys. frown.gif
Dentris
No problem tattered seraphim. Come back anytime if you want.

Mr. Twinkle receive 3 boxes of damage, Tu Shu Guan receives 4 boxes of damage.

Medh's turn once i upload the ghouls'action
Ophis
Medh is going to launch a fire bolt at the other pack of ghouls, I'll roll it in the morning as I'm in a hurry.
Tattered~Seraphim
Thanks Dentris. Hopefully when my workload eases a little in a couple of weeks I hope to be able to return to the game (will have only 2 modules compared to 3, plus project).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012