*tries to pull it off too, not that it'll matter!*

healing spell, force 3 (don't feel like killing myself, heh. 6 dice

5,6,3,5,2,6 = 4 hits

Well, I feel better anyways. XD

drain resist versus 1 ( 3 - 2). 6 dice

5,1,2,6,4,1 - 2 hits

no pain, but gain!
DireRadiant
What does this Tu Shu Guan look like IC? I can see he's talking a lot, so I know what he sounds like. Or really, I know what he's saying.
DireRadiant
If nothing else happens, I'm moving to possess the troll.

3 1 4 5 5 1 5 6 = 4 hits
BlackHat
Now might be a good time to describe what we all look like IC like someone mentioned before.

At the moment, Adsinistrati appears as a nude human female with dark hair, eyes ,nails ,etc. She has demonic black bat-wings, and a little tail - but despite those monstrouse features she would be considered very attractive if the rest of you wern't all spirits with no ability or desire for that sort of thing. wink.gif
Dentris
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
If nothing else happens, I'm moving to possess the troll.

3 1 4 5 5 1 5 6 = 4 hits

You can't possess a vessel who isn't prepared...You either need an inanimate vessel, a willing magician, to body of an astrally projected individual or a prepared vessel.
Dentris
QUOTE (Cold-Dragon)
Wow...that's a lot of hits.

*tries to pull it off too, not that it'll matter!*

healing spell, force 3 (don't feel like killing myself, heh. 6 dice

5,6,3,5,2,6 = 4 hits

Well, I feel better anyways. XD

drain resist versus 1 ( 3 - 2). 6 dice

5,1,2,6,4,1 - 2 hits

no pain, but gain!

3 boxes healed for Tattered Seraphim. He is now back at 6 damage boxes.
Cold-Dragon
Actually, you can possess non prepared vessels, it's just harder than a prepared one. Inhabitation requires prepared vessels.

A possession spirit simply has to fight the vessel for control of the body. Failure means they can't possess them, at least for a short while (critically glitching means there's some freaky weird reason you can't take them over). I think vessels resist with willpower....it's in SM. heh.
Dentris
You are right. Vessels resist with willpower and intuition.

The troll got 4 hits too.
Cold-Dragon
I sense a new fight commencing. >.<
Ankle Biter
As it makes a little more sense here and My character has nowt to say right now, here is Mr Twinkle's Description.

You know geodes? Those hollow rocks that have pretty crystals inside, right?

Imagine enlarging one, so that all the crystals in it are fairly big, ranging in size from tealight to breadbox.

Now take all of the pretty crystals, especially the pink ones, seperate them out, then reassemble them into the shape of a troll.

Mr Twinkle fits together fairly loosley, none of the crystals that make him up actually flex, they just move relative to each other.
emo samurai
Dentris, can we make more than one spirit pact?
Dentris
You can have more than one spirit pact, unless they are mutually exclusive (you cannot have more than one dream pact, for example) It might be a dangerous thing, though to spread your formula too much.

devil.gif

DireRadiant
Since it seems a bit late to use Edge to reroll failures, considering all the IC action that has occured in the meantime, I'll skip that part then.

Though I would have gotten two more hits. Going to miss out on that nice strong regenerating troll body, ah well... not that it would have been useful anyway.
DireRadiant
1 5 4 4 1 2 6 1 = 2 hits to re inhabit Felworth

5 4 1 1 1 4 6 6 = 3 hits. Divination, will working together with these other spirits be better for returning me to my home plane?
emo samurai
Wanna schedule an IRC session for all of us?
emo samurai
double post.
Dentris
Emo Samurai: No, i prefer doing it by post for now. I'll make ad hoc IRC sessions when i feel it's necessary, but i usually find it hard to set up a meeting when everyone is available.

DireRadiant: "working as a team as its goods and bads, but you cannot watch your back alone"
emo samurai
What about this Saturday? How does that work for everybody? I'm free for every time before 4:00 P.M. Midwest American time.
BlackHat
If I Recal Correctily (IRC rotfl.gif ) IRC isn't generally used much on these boards. Especially not on a game of this size. I certainly wouldn't want to try to get like 7-8 people (how many people are playing anyways) to schedule time to be online together. Especially on a weekend.

Personally, I prefer taking my time when I post. Gives me a chance to be descriptive, or phrase something just-so. In IRC, there would be a rush to respond in real-time and it would only work to speed up dialogue and combat, but you'd lose a lot of the descriptive stuff unless people planned it out ahead of time (which really only the GM can do).
emo samurai
:.(... Can we do it next time we enter combat?
Tattered~Seraphim
Personally I'm against the idea of an IRC session, especially at the moment. Emo, remember that there are at least a couple of us who aren't running to American times. Plus they're difficult to organise with everyone together, and like BlackHat said, descrfiption can get lost, and that's something I personally enjoy using in posts and taking my time.
On another point, sorry guys but just for the next week or so my posting may get a teeny bit sparse- I'm currently trying to write a 5000-word dissertation piece first draft by next monday if possible, and still have a hell of a lot of reading to do- gah! Sorry guys. So it's prolly going to only be one or two posts a day max atm from Hecate.
Dentris
I'll keep IRC sessions for special missions with only one or two players at the time...If you get away from the team for a while, it would be better to solve this on IRC rather than on the boards to speed things up, but otherwise i'll keep it on the boards.
emo samurai
BlackHat, why aren't you updating? You are kinda key at the moment.
BlackHat
Dude, its only been 4 hours since I last checked the board. wink.gif I have a life outside of Shadowrun.

biggrin.gif Checking now, though, because I don't have MUCH of a life.
Cold-Dragon
This is why SR should be phone internet friendly - though it'd be a bitch to type with those! wink.gif lol.

I'm for post by post, since I'm limited what sort of IRC thingies I do, and my time, as mentioned before, is late in the day.

that....and I'm not entirely certain what IRC is? ^-^; I'm an IM sort of critter.
BlackHat
Wondering if the windows are see-through-able or not. I assume they don't have the lights on in there, but energy-drain takes line-of-sight (like spellcasting) - not sure if astrally percieving will negate the darkness, especially if hte windows are tinted.

If Adsinistrati is unable to get a good look, he will place the card on the curb (sticking it in the ground or somethign so it doesn't blow away) and go astral - into the vehicle, and feed from there. Not sure if that can be done, come to think of it - since you can't usually use powers across planes like that - so actually, he'll reform in one of the unused seats (if theyr;e in the back, he'll ride shotgun. if theyr'e in the front, he'll take a backseat view).

Depending on who or what is doing what to whom, Adsinistrati might take a different form upon reforming - but something inannimate (an not unusual in a car) would probably be the least-conspicious (Hrm, assuming spirits in object form can see - I guess they can). Otherwise, screw it - I'll be a kid.

Unless one of them is doing a lousey job - I'm hoping they won't notice the creepy little kid watching from the other side of the car... but man would that be fucked up if they did.
Ankle Biter
Seriously, take the kid form, wait a few minutes then say "Coo isn't it dark in here?"

The shock and awe will feed you for a month. rotfl.gif

Yeah I know I know, there's probably only the one emotion you can feed on, but shock would be such a funny one. BOO!! Munch munch munch... BOO! Munch munch munch.
Tattered~Seraphim
Bad A.B! No biscuit! nyahnyah.gif
BlackHat
QUOTE (Ankle Biter)
Yeah I know I know, there's probably only the one emotion you can feed on, but shock would be such a funny one.

Suprisingly, as the rules are written, it doesn't say that Shadowspirits can only feed on one type of emotion - they just generally can only inspire one type of emotion (so that sort of dictates which one they have access to). Of course, it makes a lot more sense to have Succubi feeding on lust and sex instead of hate and violence. smile.gif

Eventually, Dentris might want to make a ruling on that, but for the time being, I'm set. wink.gif

Also, it'd be funny to take a newborn baby's form and start screaming "Waa! MOMMY DADDY!!! WAAAA!"
BlackHat
Oh yeah, the Magic+Whatever roll for energy Drain when it comes up (I think that's what I roll anyways):
3,4,6,5,4,5,4,3 = 3 hits.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Tattered~Seraphim)
Bad A.B! No biscuit! nyahnyah.gif

Wonder if the moderators have a "NSFW" icon we can put next to the "IC" and "OOC" ones. biggrin.gif
Tattered~Seraphim
NSFW? Huh?
DireRadiant
Blackhat is going to post a full motion graphical video of AB in action....
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (Tattered~Seraphim)
NSFW? Huh?

Not Safe For Work.

Also note NWS
Not Work Safe, and the rarer

NMS
Not Mind Safe
For thinks like lemonparty, tubgirl, pain4 and goatse that can totally scar your puny mortal mind. and probably get the authoroties called on you...

Also biggrin.gif Waaa Daddy!

To elaborate, how about the form of a baby in a basket, and you appear on random porches...

NMS
[ Spoiler ]
DireRadiant
What I'm most concerned with is when the succubus figures out that The All Seeing All knowing Eye's Engulf power is literally generating Nightmares that cause stun in the target.
emo samurai
A.B.?
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (EMO SAMURAI)
A.B.?

kidding, right? indifferent.gif
emo samurai
Oh, right.
Tattered~Seraphim
*Shakes head at Ankle Biter.* You're sick! But it's a funny idea! biggrin.gif
emo samurai
Dentriiiiiiiis!! DENTRIIIIIIISSS!!!
BlackHat
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
What I'm most concerned with is when the succubus figures out that The All Seeing All knowing Eye's Engulf power is literally generating Nightmares that cause stun in the target.

Or that Adsinistrati's own energy drain generates more stun which become physical, and kills the poor bastards before we figure out how to use thier phone. biggrin.gif
emo samurai
Is it too late to change Realistic Form to Mutable Form? Tu Shu Guan doesn't feel like impersonating anybody.
BlackHat
QUOTE (EMO SAMURAI)
Is it too late to change Realistic Form to Mutable Form? Tu Shu Guan doesn't feel like impersonating anybody.

Mutable Form would be the power that lets you impersonate someone specific (if it is also realistic). Realistic form just lets you appear to be an actual chinese man - but no one in particular.
emo samurai
Fine, Chinese man it is. I just don't want to materialize naked or be stuck walking around in a "Look at me I'm a free spirit" imperial robe.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (BlackHat)
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Oct 4 2006, 09:16 AM)

Or that Adsinistrati's own energy drain generates more stun which become physical, and kills the poor bastards before we figure out how to use thier phone. biggrin.gif

Talk about a negative feedback cycle... pun intended.
emo samurai
Dentris, will we ever learn greater free spirit powers? And how will we laern great form powers like Astral Gateway and Storm?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (EMO SAMURAI)
Dentris, will we ever learn greater free spirit powers? And how will we laern great form powers like Astral Gateway and Storm?

You didn't buy them already in chargen?
emo samurai
No, I had to play face. That's 10 BP right there (Etiquette and Negotiation). Then I needed enchanting skills, another 5 BP. Then I needed a high Force to use them, 32 BP. Then I bought Search with 3 BP and Realistic Form with my Edge point.
Cold-Dragon
On a belated note, SR is technically NSFW by default, since you never know what you're gonna find - like animals doin it in an automobile.
BlackHat
QUOTE (EMO SAMURAI)
No, I had to play face. That's 10 BP right there (Etiquette and Negotiation). Then I needed enchanting skills, another 5 BP. Then I needed a high Force to use them, 32 BP. Then I bought Search with 3 BP and Realistic Form with my Edge point.

You didn't "NEED" any of those things. wink.gif But they were probably good buys anyways.

As for the celestial robes, if that's what you look like, you will always have them on. Without mutable form, you can't change your clothes - and technically they are a part of your body. You can cover them up, but you cant' take them off and leave them behind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012