Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3D Art & Art Tools
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Kyoto Kid
...here's the base draft of the child Leela (OK, not totally SR, but in a few years this little girl would be come the elusive demolitionist known as the "Queen of Diamonds")

Leela as a young girl II

...I think this one is better than the first (and yes, I am aware of the poke through of the waistband, didn't catch it before rendering but it has been fixed on the working version).

I am considering posting the finished version to the Daz forum Realistic Renders collection.
Caine Hazen
Ok, the Battletech guys kick our communities ass when it comes to 3d... http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

Why don't we have a mod in play for Shadowrun style gaming wink.gif
Caine Hazen
Ok, the Battletech guys kick our communities ass when it comes to 3d... http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

Kyoto Kid
...ahh just give Leela a couple more years & she'll blow them all to kingdom come.... grinbig.gif
swirler
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Apr 3 2008, 06:46 AM) *

heh
could be because we do not have a videogame worth playing
rotfl.gif
Kyoto Kid
...especially after Microsquish geeked the online one that was in development. I saw some of the prelims and it was shaping up pretty well.
john_doe
<-- is green with envy.

Anyone reside in the midwest that wouldn't mind taking on a tutor? biggrin.gif

This damn app has me frustrated to no end... I knew there was a reason i went into Network Administration, and not Graphical Art.

/sigh
Gray
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Apr 3 2008, 08:46 AM) *
The Dev of that Battletech mod that they had information on is a 3D artist by trade. He might be kicking our butts, but he's a ringer.
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (john_doe @ Apr 3 2008, 12:27 PM) *
Anyone reside in the midwest that wouldn't mind taking on a tutor? biggrin.gif

You have to make that drive down 75 there and get to Dayton wink.gif

Oh, and since its a Mod, we'd need a Mod community to take a project of that nature on. The problem the SR MMO projects had was thinking they could get away building "open source" and use the rights to the SR name... stupid stupid maneuver on their part. I saw what they were working on and I felt it was better as an RPG style too, not as an MMO (I won't get into it though, as that would decend into its own thread biggrin.gif )

Strangely, I'm a network admin who would rather make the move over to graphic arts
john_doe
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Apr 3 2008, 12:05 PM) *
You have to make that drive down 75 there and get to Dayton wink.gif

Works for me. about 2-3 hr drive. (those Ohio troopers don't like us Mich folk)

QUOTE (Caine Hazen)
Strangely, I'm a network admin who would rather make the move over to graphic arts

Oh, i never said i wouldn't like to do graphic art. The computer thing just comes more naturally to me i guess.

Oh well, nothing some late nights and a little determination won't correct right? Not to mention i learn with much more success if i can see someone else doing it and then trying to mimic what they did.
Fuchs
From Sink, Hollywood, Sink:

Street picture (Quick render)
Kyoto Kid
...keep getting a Timeout Error. I noted DA seems to be having some issues lately as I frequently get the Down for Maintenance screen. I'll try later.
Gray
...Yeah, I get a time out when I try to view it as well.
Kyoto Kid
...ok like we need any more dents in our already battered wallets...

However, Renderosity has an interesting offering they just announced so I thought it appropriate to mention here
Redjack
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 3 2008, 10:27 PM) *
...ok like we need any more dents in our already battered wallets...

However, Renderosity has an interesting offering they just announced so I thought it appropriate to mention here

Oh... You HAD to go there.... Then I saw this one as well...
Caine Hazen
You guys are killin my finances.... I gotta make it to the Cons, quit it! grinbig.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Apr 4 2008, 06:03 AM) *
You guys are killin my finances.... I gotta make it to the ons, quit it! grinbig.gif

...at least you're a lot closer to GC Indy (probably even nonstop from MKE on Midwest Air). Besides having to fly "Meatlocker" class for half the day I will most likely have to go through a couple godawful hubs like Dallas and Atlanta to get there which is probably why I won't make it this year (now I understand why John Madden bought his own bus).

...whether you go to heaven or hell after you die, you first have to change planes in Atlanta.
--old airline pilot axiom.
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 4 2008, 10:50 AM) *
...at least you're a lot closer to GC Indy (probably even nonstop from MKE on Midwest Air).

What's this fly you speak of.. its a 2 hour road trip for me (only 1 hour for Origins) Screw that sort of short distance fly wink.gif

I'm hoping to quite the current video game addiction though and get back on some projects in the 3d realm. Having a current computer means catching up on a few games I really wanted to play though
Kyoto Kid
...I thought you lived in the land of cheese, beer, and GBP football.

I'm way out here in podunk P'town Oregon.

Frag, maybe I'll take two weeks off & go Amtrak. At least I can get a bedroom & they have a bar car. Rather spend 2 - 3 days in leisurely comfort than 5 - 8 hours in pressurized hell. grinbig.gif

Games, on the computer? I think I still have a couple floppies with Advent, Wizadry, Castle Wolefenstien, Zork, and Starcross in a box somewhere. grinbig.gif The only digital based games I end up playing now are the ones the undocumented features in Windows force me into just so I can get my work done.
john_doe
5 hours by car myself. Anyone know if there is gonna be a meet and greet again this year?
Caine Hazen
Oh, we can make a meet n greet happen... Although youi gotta be careful when they get out of hand. Watch the Con subforum for something on it.
john_doe
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Apr 4 2008, 01:50 PM) *
Oh, we can make a meet n greet happen... Although youi gotta be careful when they get out of hand. Watch the Con subforum for something on it.

Will do.

with a little luck, i'll get some free time this weekend so i can work on, "poor attempt at rendering, stage 1"

Oh ?. Do i have to install Daz 1.8 to get the faerie outfit and hair, and then move that into Daz 2.0?
Or is there a free download for it by chance?
swirler
QUOTE (john_doe @ Apr 4 2008, 01:37 PM) *
Oh ?. Do i have to install Daz 1.8 to get the faerie outfit and hair, and then move that into Daz 2.0?
Or is there a free download for it by chance?

i got it with something... maybe it was the free 3d bridge stuff?
swirler
big sale today only at content paradise
Kyoto Kid
...well not being a Poser user kind of moot for me.

Now if they were running another special on P6, I might have been interested.
swirler
the poser stuff can work with Daz, atleast the way I understand it anyway
Kyoto Kid
...Not all Poser based files work with D|S even though Poser is used by D|S development. A lot of poser content uses Dynamic posing/fitting which is not supported by D|S. For Poser clothing/Hair content to work it must also be rigged for D|S. One of the ways way to determine this (other than the description blatantly mentioning it is not designed for or compatible with D|S) is if there is also a list of D|S morphs. I would always check the "Readmes" first before purchasing, for this is where such information is listed.

Renderosity does a bit better (and I think is a bit more "D|S friendly") in this department in that they usually list requirements and compatibility up front in the content description.
Eldritch
Hey, I just kinda skimmed the thread, and I heard you guys mention the Dystopia products, but don't rememebr if you referenced their website.

Team Dystopia

In their forums, there is quite a bit of free stuff. But you might have to sign up for a forum account to get to their 'treasury'

Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Eldritch @ Apr 5 2008, 12:07 PM) *
Hey, I just kinda skimmed the thread, and I heard you guys mention the Dystopia products, but don't rememebr if you referenced their website.

Team Dystopia

In their forums, there is quite a bit of free stuff. But you might have to sign up for a forum account to get to their 'treasury'

...referenced and bookmarked grinbig.gif
Kyoto Kid
...just found a deal on Poser 6 through Purplus Software. 74.95$ new. Awfully tempting guys.
Gray
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 2 2008, 12:39 AM) *
...here's the base draft of the child Leela (OK, not totally SR, but in a few years this little girl would be come the elusive demolitionist known as the "Queen of Diamonds")

Leela as a young girl II

...I think this one is better than the first (and yes, I am aware of the poke through of the waistband, didn't catch it before rendering but it has been fixed on the working version).

I am considering posting the finished version to the Daz forum Realistic Renders collection.

Here is someone for young Leela to play with. I did a scene of Sam, elven gunslinger adept, at 11 years old. She has just run away from the scene of her father's murder. He was a Lone Star officer, and he was gunned down by a street gang.

Sam @ 11 years old.
Fuchs
From "Sink, Hollywood, Sink":

Carroway "appearing" at the meeting.
Gray
From Puyallups III: This Time It's Corporate...

The Getaway

Spades (human Face, driving), Ramses (dwarven Egyptian mage, casting a fireball) and Sam (elven Gunslinger Adept, shooting out of the sun roof) evade corporate secruity in the end phase of a 'Run.
Redjack
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 6 2008, 01:44 PM) *

What car did you use?
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 6 2008, 04:22 PM) *
What car did you use?

It's The Veepster from Vanishing Point, with the free Night Stalker Texture. I got it because you can also turn it into a police car or a taxi. It also has flat tire and crash morphs.

I made Washington state plates for the car, but of course you can't see them in the shot. I re-rendered the scene. I fixed Sam's trigger finger and gave her a different expression, turned Spades' head so you can see his face, and straightened out Ramses' fireball finger. I also put a second point light on the fireball.

Here is a shot of the Washington state plate I made for the Veepster.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 6 2008, 06:18 AM) *
Here is someone for young Leela to play with. I did a scene of Sam, elven gunslinger adept, at 11 years old. She has just run away from the scene of her father's murder. He was a Lone Star officer, and he was gunned down by a street gang.

Sam @ 11 years old.

..OMG she is darling. As Knasser commented on the Queen of Diamonds pic by GawthBunnyBlue you just want to scoop her up & take her somewhere's safe. Definitely in my DA faves.

So did you use just V4 like I did, or one of the child/teen figures?

QUOTE (Fuchs @ Apr 6 2008, 07:37 AM) *
From "Sink, Hollywood, Sink":

Carroway "appearing" at the meeting.

...this is great. I love the reactions of the others.

QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 6 2008, 11:44 AM) *
From Puyallups III: This Time It's Corporate...

The Getaway

Spades (human Face, driving), Ramses (dwarven Egyptian mage, casting a fireball) and Sam (elven Gunslinger Adept, shooting out of the sun roof) evade corporate secruity in the end phase of a 'Run.

...nice action, reminds me of a recent run where the Short One popped out the sunroof & blasted away with her six guns while our mage cleared he road ahead (stunballing several bikers - ooooh that road rash is nasty).

Gotta get some more vehicles as I only have the limo. Trouble is they ain't cheap. Gotta get Daz to do an "Auto Show Special" sale. grinbig.gif
Gray
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 6 2008, 08:38 PM) *
..OMG she is darling. As Knasser commented on the Queen of Diamonds pic by GawthBunnyBlue you just want to scoop her up & take her somewhere's safe. Definitely in my DA faves.

So did you use just V4 like I did, or one of the child/teen figures?

Thanks. smile.gif I used V4, with 100% Young Morph on the exact same face I use for Sam at 19 yearsd old. Fairly high Young and Thin morphs on the body, breast size down to almost nothing, and scaled the whole character down to 75%. Then I used a much more girly hair style (Brooke Hair) that still looked similar to her adult hair (Action Hair).

I almost bought the Millenium Girls to make young Sam, but they do not have enough clothing options. They are based on V2 so they are pretty old models.

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 6 2008, 08:38 PM) *
Gotta get some more vehicles as I only have the limo. Trouble is they ain't cheap. Gotta get Daz to do an "Auto Show Special" sale. grinbig.gif

Yeah, more vehicles is one of my goals. All I have is the Veepster, but it doubles as a taxi and a police car, and has flat tire and wreck morphs. I definitely need to get a bike for Sam.
Kyoto Kid
...for the 8-9 year old Leela I need to get some of the kids clothes as the V4 & even Ashley clothes are all rigged for breasts. I can't get the strap top to flatten down any more than I have without distorting it.

I have both the V4 & A4 Cross Dresser licenses on order so then I can use some of the male clothing like T shirts tank tops & such as well as some of the kids stuff.

Am looking to do the scene just after Leela lost her parents where she unloads her dad's Ceska into a Serb soldier about to grab her.
Gray
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 6 2008, 08:06 PM) *
...for the 8-9 year old Leela I need to get some of the kids clothes as the V4 & even Ashley clothes are all rigged for breasts. I can't get the strap top to flatten down any more than I have without distorting it.

I have both the V4 & A4 Cross Dresser licenses on order so then I can use some of the male clothing like T shirts tank tops & such as well as some of the kids stuff.

Am looking to do the scene just after Leela lost her parents where she unloads her dad's Ceska into a Serb soldier about to grab her.

I used vest from the V4 Faith set, and the breast morphs seemed to work fine. The shorts are from the JeanZ for V4 set. The sneakers are the same ones you are using for Leela.

The next scene for young Sam is probably her picking up her slain father's service pistol and learning to shoot. Her father (a single parent, his wife died in child birth) didn't let Sam or her brother Michael touch guns. She hunts down the gang and kills all of them but the informant who helps her find them (one of her father's snitches), about 2 years later. The gang was sloppy and failed to find where Sam was hiding. Much to their astonishment, their deeds came back to haunt them in the form of a 13 year old girl with an Ares Predator.
Kyoto Kid
...Sam being 11 is at the first Tanner stage (measure of maturity - I used to proof medical journals). Leela on the other hand is an adolescent so she would still have a more "boyish" physique (I used a bit of the V4 Male morph & then slimmed her down again). Again when I get Cross Dresser up and running, I should be able to use a male T shirt or child's blouse on her.

in the "Hi Mr Drone" pic I was able to get the Domino Shorts to fit. With the Textured Layer Editor, I can alter the appearance any way I like (as I did on the shoes, belt, and top for the Leela child pic and for the Domino Shirt in the Captive Audience pic).

Finally got the memory upgrade installed. Boy what a difference it makes. Finally was able to go back to working on "Captive Audience" last night. Couldn't get the crate to load (must have put it in the wrong folder) but I had an old oil drum prop so I used a couple of those. Pretty much finished save for the render (still gonna take some time). Light Dome Pro is great BTW, saves a lot on memory resources (which cuts down on rendering time) as it has several different res. settings & lets you set up very realistic looking lighting. I'll see how it looks tonight. If I can I'm also going to substitute one of the Sky MATs I made in Bryce.
Gray
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 7 2008, 11:18 AM) *
...Sam being 11 is at the first Tanner stage (measure of maturity - I used to proof medical journals). Leela on the other hand is an adolescent so she

Sam's probably at the second Tanner stage (starts on average at 11.15 years of age, with a range of 8.5 to 13 years), as she has very slight breast development in the picture.

What is the Tanner Staging System?

I'll see what I can do with an earlier picture of Sam with her dad and brother. Like you say, I might have to use the V4 male morph. I haven't decided, but I think Sam's brother is human. I wanted to make him a troll, but I'm not sure that's possible. Her parents were both human, and she's an elf. The real trick will be finding something to use for a Lone Star uniform for her dad.
swirler
what about the april fool male model madness thingy?
would that help?
it's supposed to make the female vic clothes fit male vic better
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Gray)
Sam's probably at the second Tanner stage (starts on average at 11.15 years of age, with a range of 8.5 to 13 years), as she has very slight breast development in the picture.

...ach, you are correct, been a few years (did the medical journal gig 15 - 18 years ago, about when I started playing Shadowrun 1st ed.).

I'll see what I can do with an earlier picture of Sam with her dad and brother. Like you say, I might have to use the V4 male morph. I haven't decided, but I think Sam's brother is human. I wanted to make him a troll, but I'm not sure that's possible. Her parents were both human, and she's an elf. The real trick will be finding something to use for a Lone Star uniform for her dad.

Ironically Sam has a bit more in common with the Short One in that KK's parents and twin sister were elven and she was the odd human. KK and Sam are also the roughly same age. Like Sam, KK was introduced o the Shadows at a young age herself (12) after she was abandoned by her father at Holladay Park in the Lloyd District of Portland (not the nicest of neighbourhhods in the walled city).

I'll have to work up the child version of KK tonight.

Gray
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 7 2008, 03:15 PM) *
...ach, you are correct, been a few years (did the medical journal gig 15 - 18 years ago, about when I started playing Shadowrun 1st ed.).

Ironically Sam has a bit more in common with the Short One in that KK's parents and twin sister were elven and she was the odd human. KK and Sam are also the roughly same age. Like Sam, KK was introduced o the Shadows at a young age herself (12) after she was abandoned by her father at Holladay Park in the Lloyd District of Portland (not the nicest of neighbourhhods in the walled city).

I'll have to work up the child version of KK tonight.

I also started playing Shadowrun with First Edition, about 20 years ago. Where has the time gone? smile.gif

Sam's brother did not approve of her slaying all the gang members, but he did not turn her in, and the case was never solved. He's about 2 1/2 years older than Sam, so he would have been 13 or 14 when their father died. He was not present when their father was killed.

Their mother died a few days after Sam was born from complications of childbirth. She still wears her mother's locket, which has a picture of her brother Michael (2 1/2 years old) holding Sam (newborn) in the hospital. Their father was a single parent until he was slain 8 years ago.

I'll work on the Rodriguez family portrait tonight as well (Sam = Samantha Margarita Rodriguez). Sam was a child chess prodigy, so maybe I'll set it at one of her tournaments. Her brother is very good at chess too. Maybe have them with first and second place trophies if I can find some trophy models.
Kyoto Kid
...the family portrait sounds pretty nice, I am looking forward to seeing it.

I like the idea of going more into a character's background (as is evidenced by my novella length backstories). I am also planning on doing a couple pics of the young Leela during happier years before the the Serb Invasion as well as the Groznek family (she also has managed to hang onto a locket with pictures of them). Need to find an appropriate necklace with a locket pendant (hers is oval shaped and opens as a triptych).

If I could only get the rights from CGL, I would love to actually write Rhapsody in Shadow as a novel.
Gray
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 7 2008, 03:24 PM) *
I like the idea of going more into a character's background (as is evidenced by my novella length backstories). I am also planning on doing a couple pics of the young Leela during happier years before the the Serb Invasion as well as the Groznek family (she also has managed to hang onto a locket with pictures of them). Need to find an appropriate necklace with a locket pendant (hers is oval shaped and opens as a triptych).

Yeah, Sam's backstory is getting to be a short story at least.

I have not found the perfect locket, either. The one I've chosen is a heart-shaped locket for V3, and I have to manually position it. She also has her father's chess set. I just need to change the matierals on the pieces on the chess set freebie I found, as the pieces in her set are gold and silver, not black and white.

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 7 2008, 03:24 PM) *
If I could only get the rights from CGL, I would love to actually write Rhapsody in Shadow as a novel.

I was thinking along the same lines. I'm not sure how much you can protect fan fiction, but I know on original works you can put a license on them on Deviant Art, including written works.

I don't know their policy on derivative works, and I don't know if CGL would give you "fair use" of their material if you put a license on it. Of course, if you want to publish, you'd really have to find out if CGL is accepting unsolicited material, or turn the story into "Vanilla" Cyber Punk, and then I think we lose a lot of flavor unique to the Shadowrun universe.
swirler
on a side note, Gray I have commandeered your pic of Sam Pouting. It is my desktop on my psp. biggrin.gif
Fuchs
Haywire in the jungle

(Quick Character Render)
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 7 2008, 01:53 PM) *
Yeah, Sam's backstory is getting to be a short story at least.

I have not found the perfect locket, either. The one I've chosen is a heart-shaped locket for V3, and I have to manually position it. She also has her father's chess set. I just need to change the matierals on the pieces on the chess set freebie I found, as the pieces in her set are gold and silver, not black and white.

...I have that locket too, but in the hand drawn versions of Leela the design is somewhat distinctive. Well, this could become my first project in Wings3D.

I was thinking along the same lines. I'm not sure how much you can protect fan fiction, but I know on original works you can put a license on them on Deviant Art, including written works.

I don't know their policy on derivative works, and I don't know if CGL would give you "fair use" of their material if you put a license on it. Of course, if you want to publish, you'd really have to find out if CGL is accepting unsolicited material, or turn the story into "Vanilla" Cyber Punk, and then I think we lose a lot of flavor unique to the Shadowrun universe.

...I don't think that CGL is in the market for publishing fiction, especially pre-crash 2.0 fiction. When SR 4 was announced I was about two thirds the way through running the original campaign arc for which I was going submit a proposal to WK when the playtest was complete. The door was shut on taking any new submissions as they were set to abandon 3rd ed in favour of the new rules and "updated" setting. Felt like kind of a sucker punch in a way after all the work and research I did.

I thought of the plain Vanilla route for novelised version but you are right, the unique feel would be lost and it could come off as just a "bad pastiche" of the original ("sounds kind of like that game Shaodwrun...but, probably just a bad rip off".)
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Apr 7 2008, 03:39 PM) *
Haywire in the jungle

(Quick Character Render)

...damn she's so stealthy almost missed her.

Nice job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012