Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3D Art & Art Tools
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
cryptoknight
That's awesome... it's going to cost a bundle for all the models and clothing and accessories I want.

I noticed their firearms pack doesn't have any SMGs... as a huge fan of both Ingram Mac-10's and M11's as well as the MP5... does anybody know of another vendor for dazzle that has a larger weapons accessory list, or a way to modify the AR-15 to look like an MP5?
Redjack
I bought this MP-5 and am very happy with it.
This Mac-10 really rules with the accessories.

I also got the M4 Weapon System. [ Second Picture ]

Daz has several free firearm packs to help round out as well. And here is a free Desert Eagle.
Fuchs
I am happy with the assault weapons packs.
cryptoknight
Thanks for the tips!

Now I just need to find some jumpsuits and other various clothes... and figure out Dazzle...

then spend about $500 getting all the models, gear, and clothing I want... heh
Gray
Here is a good freebie Sci-Fi assault rifle. He has poses for it as well. => Porsimo's freebies

Also, while there's not a ton of things available for him, here's a free model. ==> Apollo Maximus
Gray
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 29 2008, 03:59 AM) *
Ok! SFW this time, here's a male and female Ork, as I see them:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/245090...e7ba509c7_o.jpg

Very interesting look. I especially like their faces, and the ears are spot on the description in the SR4 book. Just my opinion but I think they are too big in the body to represent the average Ork, but certainly look great as way above average Orks.

According to earlier sourcebooks the average Ork is 6'3" and weighs about 210 pounds, which is the size of a large safety, tall running back or small linebacker in the NFL. Your Male Ork is easily the size of an offensive or defensive tackle (not the fat ones but the good, quick ones). My guess is about 6'7" and over 300 lbs.

Of course by the same data, your average elf looks like an anorexic, and probably could not wield a weapon bigger than a dagger (6'3" 159 lbs) or light pistol.

Here's a good article on the subject, based upon the height and weight tables (and extrapolations of more realistic weights) in SR3: ==> How much did you say he weighed?.

According to this guy's conclusions, your male Ork is only slightly above average. Either way, nice job.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 30 2008, 02:49 AM) *
Very interesting look. I especially like their faces, and the ears are spot on the description in the SR4 book. Just my opinion but I think they are too big in the body to represent the average Ork, but certainly look great as way above average Orks.

According to earlier sourcebooks the average Ork is 6'3" and weighs about 210 pounds, which is the size of a large safety, tall running back or small linebacker in the NFL. Your Male Ork is easily the size of an offensive or defensive tackle (not the fat ones but the good, quick ones). My guess is about 6'7" and over 300 lbs.

Of course by the same data, your average elf looks like an anorexic, and probably could not wield a weapon bigger than a dagger (6'3" 159 lbs) or light pistol.

Here's a good article on the subject, based upon the height and weight tables (and extrapolations of more realistic weights) in SR3: ==> How much did you say he weighed?.

According to this guy's conclusions, your male Ork is only slightly above average. Either way, nice job.

Well, in my head, elves do look seriously anorexic. They have stronger muscles per-pound in the same way dwarves do, but they have MUCH less muscle mass than humans, whereas dwarves have stronger muscles AND more of them. In my head, Elves are eerily thin, lithe, almost 'alien' looking - and manage to still have human strength on top of being ridiculously underweight.

I want to get the Ork chick I rendered a good mop haircut, and render an animation of her background-dancing with the Ork boy singing 'Baby Got Back'. smile.gif

Also, here is a SFW-ized version of my original, which has the female of each metatype, side-by-side:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9200500@N05/2453059099/sizes/o/
HentaiZonga
To summarize: Healthy Ork men should look like football linebackers. Healthy Ork women should look like voluptuous fertility goddesses. Healthy Elf men should look like anorexic rock stars. Healthy Elf women should look like anorexic fashion models. Dwarves and Trolls should have much shorter legs and longer arms than the other metatypes, and should be nearly overflowing with musculature.
swirler
in SR1 or sr2 wasnt it that Elves had hollow bones or something like that?
I'd need to pull my books out to look
Kyoto Kid
...OK here is pretty much the last draft of the Violet alleyway scene, jsut a few things to add to "trash" things up a bit & it will be done. The keycard lock panel is my first original texture prop.

Alley Cat Violet - 3

I will be entering the final version on next month's themed render contest "doorways" on the Daz PC forum.
Redjack
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 30 2008, 12:25 AM) *
Alley Cat Violet - 3

I will be entering the final version on next month's themed render contest "doorways" on the Daz PC forum.
That one turned out really well.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 29 2008, 11:25 PM) *
...OK here is pretty much the last draft of the Violet alleyway scene, jsut a few things to add to "trash" things up a bit & it will be done. The keycard lock panel is my first original texture prop.

Alley Cat Violet - 3

Nice!! Two suggestions:

1. Give the cat a noise-based displacement map; make sure it's higher on the tail.

2. Give Violet's jewelry a reflection map.
Gray
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 29 2008, 11:08 PM) *
I want to get the Ork chick I rendered a good mop haircut, and render an animation of her background-dancing with the Ork boy singing 'Baby Got Back'. smile.gif

Did you try the Pixie hair style? Or by Mop do you mean more like Wild Dreads?

QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 29 2008, 09:49 PM) *

I did a little research, and 6'3" 159, while pretty skinny is not considered underweight for a human male with a slight build (barely so, but still true) ==> Height/Weight Chart.
Extrapolating the low range for humans to be close to the medium build range for elves, a slightly built elf could look very anorexic indeed, and yet be perfectly healthy, however the average elf would just look skinny. Again, just my view.
Kyoto Kid
Redjack: Thanks one of the more challenging scenes I have attempted considering all the re-texturing, lighting and issues I was encountering with the render process (would occasionally get a runtime error, addressed this on the Daz Nuts N Bolts forum).

HentaiZonga: Still learning the ropes a bit. The cat's texture is a standalone freebie so I'm not sure if I can alter the map in with the D|S texture editor. I thought the tail looked rather odd.

I am getting the Mil Cat Bundle (seems there was coupon deal I wasn't aware of) that has the full Mil Cat with more morph and adjustment handles as well as more textures (they have a really nice British Shorthair which is what Morey is supposed to be).

The rings on the collar are supposed to be polished copper, they looked great in the studio light set I used to design the character but faded in the more subdued light of the setting. I'll have to fix that tonight.

[addendum]

...discovered I did have the 97% discount Bundle Coupon that Swirler mentioned about a while back (the topic came up yesterday on the Daz Forums). Hence I now have the full Mil Cat bundle for less than the price of a can of Fancy Feast™. I also noticed that Hexagon 2.5 was just gone on sale (very convenient as I hadn't yet placed my order) so I'm paying only 1/3rd the list price.

ic.gif Violet: Such a deal, eh Morey?
ic.gif Morey: ngow...? prrrrut?
ic.gif Floater Bot: mmmmmm...bleep...
swirler
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 30 2008, 10:22 AM) *
...discovered I did have the 97% discount Bundle Coupon that Swirler mentioned about a while back (the topic came up yesterday on the Daz Forums).

yeah I got the Freak bundle with that
I figured it was going to be the most useful to me out of the ones available

wish they'd have let me use v4 or a4 pro
lol
Kyoto Kid
...if they were offered, I would have gone for the A3 Pro or Complete bundle. A4 just looks too frighteningly real (anime characters shouldn't look real).

Thought seriously about The Freak myself but I've been hearing it is hard to find clothing. Of course I guess could just get another XD license and then dress him up in the Edwardian Suit grinbig.gif

...besides, really been wanting the Mil Cat bundle for some time now.
cryptoknight
How do you know which are the 7 bundles that you get with the 97% coupon?
Kyoto Kid
...after you register your copy of DS there is a page that shows you serial number and several products. At the bottom of the page there is a link (I believe underneath the Coupon Code). This takes you to a page with the bundles that can be purchased with the Coupon. If you want to work on trolls and Big Orks, I would suggest The Freak bundle or if you are hard up for backgrounds and futuristic props, go for the Sci Fi Sets and Vehicles (all the sets and one of the vehicles are by Stonemason who I feel does some of the best detail).
swirler
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 30 2008, 01:06 PM) *
...if they were offered, I would have gone for the A3 Pro or Complete bundle. A4 just looks too frighteningly real (anime characters shouldn't look real).

Thought seriously about The Freak myself but I've been hearing it is hard to find clothing. Of course I guess could just get another XD license and then dress him up in the Edwardian Suit grinbig.gif

...besides, really been wanting the Mil Cat bundle for some time now.

yeah the XD license works great
I got the V3 SWAT suit from Planet vixens and it converted to the freak with no probs

yeah A3 would be nice too
of course there is quite a bit of free stuff out for siriuxs(sp) the behemoth I think, including suits, so that is an option
swirler
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Apr 30 2008, 01:07 PM) *
How do you know which are the 7 bundles that you get with the 97% coupon?

under products and promotions, daz3d bundles
any of those should work
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Swirler)
yeah the XD license works great
I got the V3 SWAT suit from Planet vixens and it converted to the freak with no probs

...love to see the result.

Someone over on the Daz forums posted a pic of the Daz Troll in the V3 Morphing Fantasy Dress. Pretty bleedin' funny.
swirler
Oh I found this place for decent free hair the other day
forgot to mention it.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 30 2008, 02:06 PM) *

Yah I keep looking at A4 and doing a double take... thinking she's actually a picture of somebody.

I like that... A4 is definately on my list... and the free hair rocks!

Anybody know where I can find a lot of free clothes? I'm looking for things like utility jumpsuits... not the skintight stuff.

Kind of like the picture on this book
http://www.amazon.com/Friday-Robert-Heinle...9985&sr=8-2
Kyoto Kid
...I noticed that some of the facial expressions look downright scary on A4. I feel she lost the anime charm becoming a morph of V4. Oh I like A4 for doing fully realistic Japanese characters (I even used her as the basis for the Short One), but for straight anime style, I'll stick with A3.

For Clothing you just have to look around. Beware that some content you see will be Textures & not the actual clothing. Furthermore If you are using D|S make sure that it doesn't just mention Dynamic fitting. That is for Poser only and will not work in D|S. Overall, Poser tends to dominate most of the website free offerings but as long as the content includes morphs you should be safe. And keep in mind if something doesn't work you aren't out anything but the few minutes it took to download and and extract.

Sites to check include:

Renderosity: (you have to join but it costs nothing). There is a fair amount of D|S freebie content here and there is a D|S search filter.
ShareCG: This is a fairly extensive site with freebie offerings for just about every 3D platform. Most will mention if they will work in D|S or not [IMO, This site is your best bet].
Poserworld: Despite the name you can find a lot of good stuff here that will work. Keep in mind that all D|S clothing and hair content is rigged in poser.
Content Paradise: CP tends to be pretty much Poser Oriented as they are one of the primary distributors for Smith Micro but a few D|S things can be found there.

These are the biggies. Renderosity is also nice in that it often links to other sites (as well as to ShareCG) where you can find more free stuff than is often shown. They also have a weekly Wednesday sale as well and their store prices are pretty reasonable.

I would also suggest checking out Evilinnocence's Crosdresser clothing conversion. Like D|S, the core software is a free download and you need to purchase licenses for the characters you want to convert clothes to. Each license allows you to transfer from any character available in the EI listings - e.g. you only need the V4 license to convert clothing to V4 from A3, V2, The Girl, Stephanie Petite, etc...). This can greatly expand your available "wardrobe" as you can convert clothing content from any other model, including non D|S characters and even cross gender (for example, I converted the D3 Edwardian Suit to V4). Licenses run about 9.97 and do not expire. The core CrossDresser programme has also just gone through a major upgrade and now lets you import the actual clothing morphs and adjustments as well.
Gray
Found some cool oriental buldings and things here.

Also I did a render of my take on the male and female elf. ==> Elves

@ Swirler: her hair is one of the freebies you mentioned earlier. There's no fit for V4 but I just changed the X-dimension ot 103% and moved the hair up until it was on top of her head. Then I parented it to her head. Very nice find. Thank you. wink.gif
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 30 2008, 04:47 PM) *
I did a render of my take on the male and female elf. ==> Elves

Hrm. Not bad, but I still think they should be a bit thinner. I like the faces, though.
Gray
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Apr 30 2008, 04:13 PM) *
Anybody know where I can find a lot of free clothes? I'm looking for things like utility jumpsuits... not the skintight stuff.

It's not quite free, but if you join the Platinum Club on DAZ you can get this for $1.99 ==> S.P.V. Tactical Suit for A3. It would be mine already if it was for V4.

QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 30 2008, 08:04 PM) *
Hrm. Not bad, but I still think they should be a bit thinner. I like the faces, though.

Think of them as above average in your world. wink.gif I have an almost eerily thin body morph for V4 called Alice. I'll do a picture with her and try to make a male to match.
swirler
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 30 2008, 07:04 PM) *

thinner?
really?
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 30 2008, 06:04 PM) *

...I have to agree with Swirler. Any thinner and woman be knocked off her feet by the wind from a passing GMC Bulldog. There's a point to where too thin can become grotesque. I think Gray has them pegged pretty dead on.
Gray
My take on male and female orks ==>Orks
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 30 2008, 08:45 PM) *
My take on male and female orks ==>Orks

Nice thighs and hips, but I think she should be a lot bustier. Ork females should scream "fertility".
swirler
did someone say NAN characters?
well okay male ones anyway
heh

EDIT:
the ALICE Figure by Aery Soul is for sale at renderosity. Apparently it will be unavailable after tomorrow. It might be interesting for elves. I'm thinking about getting it.

it's reqs the v4 base
Gray
QUOTE (swirler @ May 1 2008, 10:27 AM) *
did someone say NAN characters?
well okay male ones anyway
heh

EDIT:
the ALICE Figure by Aery Soul is for sale at renderosity. Apparently it will be unavailable after tomorrow. It might be interesting for elves. I'm thinking about getting it.

it's reqs the v4 base

I hasve the Wild Side Hair used in the NAN morph pictures. It is a nice product.

I got the Alice product last week, and I don't really like it. She's so skinny the morph has to make V4's head smaller so it doesn't look too huge. And somehow she has big perky breasts. Must be implants. wink.gif

This is the body I use as a base for my female elves, just need to add Fitness, young and thin morphs. ==> Fearill for V4
swirler
QUOTE (Gray @ May 1 2008, 04:48 PM) *
I got the Alice product last week, and I don't really like it. She's so skinny the morph has to make V4's head smaller so it doesn't look too huge. And somehow she has big perky breasts. Must be implants. wink.gif

This is the body I use as a base for my female elves, just need to add Fitness, young and thin morphs. ==> Fearill for V4

lol
strangely enough though, she looks alot like I picture trid starlets in SR to look, more than slightly inhuman
grinbig.gif
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Gray @ May 1 2008, 03:48 PM) *
I hasve the Wild Side Hair used in the NAN morph pictures. It is a nice product.

Aha! Now THAT'S how I expect elves to look.
Gray
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 1 2008, 08:45 PM) *
Aha! Now THAT'S how I expect elves to look.

Do you man the Alice model or Fearill? Fearill is what I picture female elves to look like, only I made my render even skinner than the base as a nod to you (Fitness 1.0, Thin .5, Young .5) wink.gif

This is what Fearill looks like unaltered ==> Fae Princess
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Gray @ May 1 2008, 07:51 PM) *
Do you man the Alice model or Fearill? Fearill is what I picture female elves to look like, only I made my render even skinner than the base as a nod to you (Fitness 1.0, Thin .5, Young .5) wink.gif

Fearill, and yes, that's perfect.
Gray
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 1 2008, 10:59 PM) *
Fearill, and yes, that's perfect.

Cool! wink.gif

What morphs did you use to get your female ork's teeth to stick out? For the male I just use the Ogre head and work backwards, but I can't get V4's lower teeth to stick out.
Gray
QUOTE (swirler @ May 1 2008, 07:17 PM) *
lol
strangely enough though, she looks alot like I picture trid starlets in SR to look, more than slightly inhuman
grinbig.gif

Yeah like some street doc did her plastic surgery... because the legit docs refuse to touch her any more.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Gray @ May 1 2008, 08:06 PM) *
Cool! wink.gif

What morphs did you use to get your female ork's teeth to stick out? For the male I just use the Ogre head and work backwards, but I can't get V4's lower teeth to stick out.

Try these:

LipUpThin 1
LipLowOut 1
LipLowFull 1
LipLoLarge 1
MouthSmall -2
MouthNarrow -2
JawFull 1
MandiblSmall -0.5
ChinProtrude 1
TthLoWolf -1*
TthLoSharp -1*
TthLoHeight 3
TthLoWidth -2
TthLoDepth -2
TthLoBack -5.25
TthLoXRot 3.5

* these two do the magic, the rest just point them in the right direction and move the rest of the face to accomodate
Fuchs
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Apr 30 2008, 11:13 PM) *
Yah I keep looking at A4 and doing a double take... thinking she's actually a picture of somebody.

I like that... A4 is definately on my list... and the free hair rocks!

This suit may help you.

It is thight, but the zipper works.

(Used here zipped up though.)

Or this one: Trooper
Fuchs
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 2 2008, 12:30 PM) *
Try these:

LipUpThin 1
LipLowOut 1
LipLowFull 1
LipLoLarge 1
MouthSmall -2
MouthNarrow -2
JawFull 1
MandiblSmall -0.5
ChinProtrude 1
TthLoWolf -1*
TthLoSharp -1*
TthLoHeight 3
TthLoWidth -2
TthLoDepth -2
TthLoBack -5.25
TthLoXRot 3.5

* these two do the magic, the rest just point them in the right direction and move the rest of the face to accomodate

I did something similar, but then switched to a sized down set of horns, moved and parented to the mouth.
Gray
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 2 2008, 05:30 AM) *
Try these:

LipUpThin 1
LipLowOut 1
LipLowFull 1
LipLoLarge 1
MouthSmall -2
MouthNarrow -2
JawFull 1
MandiblSmall -0.5
ChinProtrude 1
TthLoWolf -1*
TthLoSharp -1*
TthLoHeight 3
TthLoWidth -2
TthLoDepth -2
TthLoBack -5.25
TthLoXRot 3.5

Thanks. I could get the the teeth pointy, but I couldn't get them to stick out over her lip. Interesting that you made TthLoWolf and TthLoSharp negative numbers, but that's how I get my big dwarf noses on M3 (NoseSmall -475% and NoseBig -250% are the base components)

Going to finish a male and female dwarf picture for tomorrow. I took your advice and made the male dwarf shorter (hobgoblin size morph instead of goblin) the limbs shorter , and the torso stockier and more heavily muscled (although probably not as heavy as you'd have done) on the male and he looks great. I also made his head bigger and his ears slightly pointed. I just need to find a good hairdo to match his beard. I have to make the female tonight.

QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 1 2008, 12:35 AM) *
Nice thighs and hips, but I think she should be a lot bustier. Ork females should scream "fertility".

I know that thematically they scream fertility (typical preganacy yields 4 babies), but practically I don't see an overly huge bosom on someone with the high muscle mass/low body fat ratio of an Ork. Especailly if they didn't have those 4 babies yet. Again just my take. wink.gif
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Gray @ May 2 2008, 06:11 AM) *
Thanks. I could get the the teeth pointy, but I couldn't get them to stick out over her lip. Interesting that you made TthLoWolf and TthLoSharp negative numbers, but that's how I get my big dwarf noses on M3 (NoseSmall -475% and NoseBig -250% are the base components)

Going to finish a male and female dwarf picture for tomorrow. I took your advice and made the male dwarf shorter (hobgoblin size morph instead of goblin) the limbs shorter , and the torso stockier and more heavily muscled (although probably not as heavy as you'd have done) on the male and he looks great. I also made his head bigger and his ears slightly pointed. I just need to find a good hairdo to match his beard. I have to make the female tonight.

I know thematically they scream fertility, but practically I don't see an overly huge bosom on someone with the high muscle mass/low body fat ratio of an Ork. Again just my take. wink.gif

Ah, but see, that's all the more reason to have an overly huge bosom - they need the mating display. Given their breeding habits, Orks should be rather more sexually dimorphic than humans, with a lot more secondary sexual display. I seem to remember reading that a lot of an Ork's negative modifiers to Logic and Charisma come from their bodies screaming with hormones - adrenaline, testosterone, and progesterone - and that ignoring their instinctual, neurochemical impulses can actually be painful for them. While not directly related to breast size, it certainly leads credence to the idea of Orks as symbols of potency and fertility, which should manifest in their physiology - both because form and function tend to be related, and because if Mana has anything to say about it, things will Tell their true Natures.

Gray
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ May 2 2008, 09:59 AM) *
Ah, but see, that's all the more reason to have an overly huge bosom - they need the mating display. Given their breeding habits, Orks should be rather more sexually dimorphic than humans, with a lot more secondary sexual display. I seem to remember reading that a lot of an Ork's negative modifiers to Logic and Charisma come from their bodies screaming with hormones - adrenaline, testosterone, and progesterone - and that ignoring their instinctual, neurochemical impulses can actually be painful for them. While not directly related to breast size, it certainly leads credence to the idea of Orks as symbols of potency and fertility, which should manifest in their physiology - both because form and function tend to be related, and because if Mana has anything to say about it, things will Tell their true Natures.

Ignoring Mana, which I concede can do whatever the it wants to do, the primary building block of big breasts is fatty tissue. And to account for the high mass of an ork a higher precentage of their make up is muscle as compared to a human. My female ork was certainly not flat chested, I just didn't add any morphs to the breasts other than the effects of the full body morphs Body Builder, Amazon, Fitness, Toned, and Voluptuous.

With all those hormones running around, who needs a big display to attract a mate? A charged up male ork would probably mate with any warm body, even a skiiny little elf, not that she'd sit still for it necessarily, but he still might try. wink.gif
Redjack
QUOTE (Gray @ May 2 2008, 01:38 PM) *
With all those hormones running around, who needs a big display to attract a mate? A charged up male ork would probably mate with any warm body, even a skiiny little elf, not that she'd sit still for it necessarily, but he still might try. wink.gif
Not to be a chauvinist, but female orks are also baby producing machines. Going back to the orcs & trolls looking like horrors out of mythology, I don't see them looking attractive either.
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ May 2 2008, 02:51 PM) *
Not to be a chauvinist, but female orks are also baby producing machines. Going back to the orcs & trolls looking like horrors out of mythology, I don't see them looking attractive either.

Right and being that some of them used to be human. they might even repell their own kind.
Redjack
Here is my current WIP on Shadowrun races. Gray and I are very close. I still have a little work to do. I placed the elves, orks and humans all together. Wish I could find good lower fangs for the ork female. I used M3/V3 and the same MATs (one for males, one for females) for consistency across all three. I'll add trolls and dwarves next week. Gotta mod the skin textures on the troll for the dermal.
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ May 2 2008, 06:07 PM) *
Wish I could find good lower fangs for the ork female.

Maybe one of these will help? ==> Millenium Teeth

Maybe turned upside down?
Gray
There are some free items on DAZ. Days of Cider is free, but today is the last day, it's a scenery set, and Darcy for V4 is a character that is free until 5/13/2008.

Link to DAZ New 3D Models page
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012