I'm not sure why

oh well
soo much sorting
it will be glorious when I am finished though
no more 2 ho0urs of looking over and over for things I want for a scenee
well I hope anyway
lol
Redjack
How do you sort the MATs/Poses from the Objects when the title is not explicit?
Gray
I found out you can turn V4 and other figures into low poly versions by changing the level of detail. ==> LOD Tutorial

Also found this cool freebie at Pretty3D. => Sam flexing in the mirror.

I need to find something to use for Sam's apartment, and I'll redo this image. There is no post work in the image. The reflextion was rendered.

I gave up on the new content manager style. The old LE models and 2.0 freebies disappear every time I try to use it. They are still on the file system, but hard telling what folder they got whisked away to when it reshuffles everything in the content manager.
swirler
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 20 2008, 11:09 AM) *
I need to find something to use for Sam's apartment, and I'll redo this image. There is no post work in the image. The reflextion was rendered.

I gave up on the new content manager style. The old LE models and 2.0 freebies disappear every time I try to use it. They are still on the file system, but hard telling what folder they got whisked away to when it reshuffles everything in the content manager.

did you refresh your content? you have to do that when you use the new style the first time. that brought that stuff up for me to see when I did it
it works fine now

this guy has some apartment possibilities

this other place has some things you might be able to convert into apartments
Gray
QUOTE (swirler @ Apr 20 2008, 03:51 PM) *
did you refresh your content? you have to do that when you use the new style the first time. that brought that stuff up for me to see when I did it
it works fine now

How do you do that manually? I have "Automatically Refresh Content" turned on and they disappear every time I go to the new interface and they never reappear.

Thanks for the apartment ideas... I have the Bronx apartment, but it's not grungy enough for the Puyallup Barrens. I'll check out some of the other models on the other site.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 20 2008, 10:09 AM) *
I found out you can turn V4 and other figures into low poly versions by changing the level of detail. ==> LOD Tutorial

Also found this cool freebie at Pretty3D. => Sam flexing in the mirror.

..ahhhh...nice, very nice. Also signed up on Pretty3d, some really nice stuff there...

If you have Stonemason's Backstreets there are interiors to Building 4 (the one with the Garage sign on it) that look out onto the rest of the setting.

QUOTE (swirler @ Apr 20 2008, 12:51 PM) *
this guy has some apartment possibilities

this other place has some things you might be able to convert into apartments

...yeah been LuckyDragons's site before. Have the Radio Station, Courtroom, Police Station, Cell Block (hehheh) and a couple of the props.
swirler
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 20 2008, 03:22 PM) *
How do you do that manually? I have "Automatically Refresh Content" turned on and they disappear every time I go to the new interface and they never reappear.

to the right of the content tab there is the pushpin and the triangle,
click the triangle and go down to "search for content" or something like that
I just accidentally clicked it so it's doing it again
lol
it seems like there was another place but I cant find it atm
Redjack
I call this one: The Absolute Wrong View of a Dragon
(You might have to be logged into ArtZone to view it.)
Kyoto Kid
...if you are logged int\o the main Daz site are you able to view it?
swirler
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 20 2008, 07:02 PM) *

ugg artzone isnt working on the new firefox for some reason
well unless you open it in an IE tab
bleck

heh nice one
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 20 2008, 09:02 PM) *

I just get this when I try to view it: You do not have permission to access this forum.

I just imported my DAZ account to Artzone, but for some reason it won't let me see it. But it does let me see the gallery of the Guy on Artzone named redjack. Weird.
Redjack
Sorry... Here is The Absolute Wrong View of a Dragon
As well as Peek-a-Boo!
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 20 2008, 10:18 PM) *

Nice... I don't have the full version of the Millenium Dragon. but I do have the Sub Dragon. I've been itching to do an image with him... and you've just inspired me. wink.gif

QUOTE (swirler @ Apr 20 2008, 08:37 PM) *
to the right of the content tab there is the pushpin and the triangle,
click the triangle and go down to "search for content" or something like that
I just accidentally clicked it so it's doing it again
lol
it seems like there was another place but I cant find it atm

I got it to work finally. There are more thigns in here than I even remembered. Thanks.

I redid the image with Sam and the mirror, using the Bronx Apartment freebie. Maybe she put up new wall paper? Not unheard of in 2070 I'm sure. Now I need to find some cases for her gun collection, mostly old relics like a Colt M1861 Navy.

==> Sam flexing in the mirror redux

Mirror and lingerie courtesy of Pretty3D.
Redjack
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 20 2008, 08:30 PM) *
Nice... I don't have the full version of the Millenium Dragon. but I do have the Sub Dragon. I've been itching to do an image with him... and you've just inspired me. wink.gif

You don't? Its free in 3D Bridge Starter Pack
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 20 2008, 10:47 PM) *
You don't? Its free in 3D Bridge Starter Pack

Yeah I have the LE version from the starter pack. But I don't remember seeing a Red Dragon Texture for it. Maybe it was uninstalled with the 2.0 content? Or did you use a shader on the green texture?
Redjack
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 20 2008, 09:12 PM) *
Yeah I have the LE version from the starter pack. But I don't remember seeing a Red Dragon Texture for it. Maybe it was uninstalled with the 2.0 content? Or did you use a shader on the green texture?

The starter pack has the full version. I can't seem to find where the Mil Dragon LE was bundled...
I did the red dragon from the green dragon. (The surfaces tab is your friend!)
Gray
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 21 2008, 07:44 AM) *
The starter pack has the full version. I can't seem to find where the Mil Dragon LE was bundled...
I did the red dragon from the green dragon. (The surfaces tab is your friend!)

The one I have came in the Starter Pack and the 2.0 Freebies. As far as I can tell they never made a "full version" with lots of morphs. They went straight to Millenium Dragon 2. I just thought that maybe the 2.0 freebies deleted the red dragon texture or something. I have the full version of the Millenium SubDragon, and he has morphs more like V4, although not nearly as many.

Yeah the surfaces tab is cool. That's how you get the mirror to make a reflection. Or you can make a green Veepster out of the white one the same way. smile.gif

I'm playing around now with making a water surface for a swimming pool with reflection turned up and the opacity turned down. It looks fairly close, but it doesn't blur or bend the images beneath the surface like real water. It'll need a little post work in Photoshop.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 20 2008, 07:18 PM) *

...LOL

Red 7: Hang on, I seem to have a problem here give me a moment to lock it down...
Red 2: Eject! Eject!
Red 7: uhh I can't, seems the canopy's....YAAAAGHHHHHHH! [sound of growling & snarling then silence]

QUOTE (Gray)
I redid the image with Sam and the mirror, using the Bronx Apartment freebie. Maybe she put up new wall paper? Not unheard of in 2070 I'm sure. Now I need to find some cases for her gun collection, mostly old relics like a Colt M1861 Navy.

==> Sam flexing in the mirror redux

Mirror and lingerie courtesy of Pretty3D.

...really nice (whew, glad the boss wasn't walking by at the time).

BTW downloaded the mirror. Got to do the Short One practicing her attack poses.

I think I saw a gun case on Renderosity. For old guns (both revolvers and rifles) the Questor Western Guns freebie (Daz Free vault) works pretty well. The revolver KK is using in the pic I did of her is the Dragoon (longest barreled revolver in the set).
Redjack
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 21 2008, 01:43 PM) *
Red 7: uhh I can't, seems the canopy's....YAAAAGHHHHHHH! [sound of growling & snarling then silence]

I'm trying to enter a dragon a day into their daily deal over at Art Zone.
Got a cool one for tomorrow as well.
Gray
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 21 2008, 01:43 PM) *
...really nice (whew, glad the boss wasn't walking by at the time).

Sorry, shoulda warned you it was PG-13. smile.gif

QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 21 2008, 02:41 PM) *
I'm trying to enter a dragon a day into their daily deal over at Art Zone.
Got a cool one for tomorrow as well.

Not sure this would go over well in their daily deal since many of the models/images are from Rendoerosity (Bladerune, the background, etc.), but here is my Dragon of the Day ==> Sam with fantasy elf ears riding Millenium Sub Dragon
Kyoto Kid
...sweet. Your little gal really gets around. Background in Bryce?

Speaking of getting around, here is the initial draft of a piece I will be entering into the Anime & Fantasy thread on the Daz Forum.

Alley Cat Violet

Still working on the lighting. Found a neat neo-Victorian/Goth ensemble that more fits her look. Gotta get her virtual cat Morey in the scene somehow (maybe on her shoulder or on a prop like a crate or box (found some really nice ones on Lucky Dragon's site.). Also may include the Short One as well since she & Vi have been on a couple missions together.

BTW just installed and Registered Poser6 tonight and have Hexagon in my cart at Daz. Guess I'm really getting serious about this 3D thing.
Redjack
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 22 2008, 11:31 PM) *
BTW just installed and Registered Poser6 tonight and have Hexagon in my cart at Daz. Guess I'm really getting serious about this 3D thing.

Sounds like you took the high dollar plunge.

I did my first render importing into Bryce (v5.5) tonight!! I call her Nessy
The dragon is the eastern dragon, exported from Daz into Bryce. Then all the scenes and the rendering is Bryce. I had only the slightest touch up with Photoshop (v7.0) where the dragon pierced the water to simulate the disturbance of the water.

I know its pretty simplistic, but baby steps.... Now if I could figure out Carrara.... Every time I get into that, I just get overwhelmed by the interface. Daz is so dang intuitive and even Bryce isn't too bad. Another cool thing is that Bryce, Hex and Carrara all have very similar controls.
Kyoto Kid
...actually found a good deal on P6 for only 75$ . Yeah Hexagon will set me back a bit more but still saving almost 50$ with my PC menbership. I've been very active on the Daz forums as of late (which explains my absences from DS now & then), checking on what the best tools are for what I can afford.

I really want to start developing my own content, not just for saving a few Zloty's, but also for more originality. For example I really want to do Leela in her runner getup (but nobody is offering a set of bib overalls and Bomber Jacket) and Violet in her SteamPunk ensemble. I'd like to do some of the unique SR props like the actual Ruger Super Warhawks that the Short One uses or Vi's drones.

I now have four of the five tools needed: Poser6, Daz|Studio, Bryce, and Gimp. Hexagon will be the last piece.

BTW I like your Nessie. Yeah Bryce is a bit of a steeper learning curve than D|S or even Poser, but it is so powerful. I'm currently playing with the texture functions at the moment and messing around with re-texturing a Floater Bot. My next step will be to disassemble it to learn the Boolean functions. Yes, you can actually design objects in Bryce.
Caine Hazen
Nice looking Red, glad to see you aboard the Bryce wagon.. though its render engine is slow it can still do some amazing things way cheaper than Vue. Oh, if you want to create real nice water disturbances, learn how to get around in the terrain editor... and some GIMP/PS skill and you can design wakes without touchups. Its something I'm playing with in one render I want to do. Unfortunately its in the "file" behind the work I gotta get done nyahnyah.gif
Gray
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 23 2008, 08:47 PM) *
nobody is offering a set of bib overalls and Bomber Jacket and Violet in her SteamPunk ensemble.

If it converts ok in Cross Dresser, here is a nice set of overalls for V3 ==> Summer Delights for V3
swirler
hey speaking of crossdresser there is a coupon fromt he last email they sent
it was supposed to end the 22nd but it wasnt working right and the web person set it to work a few more days
so if anyone needs to get any licenses or outfits from evil innocence (crossdresser) now is the time
20% off!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 24 2008, 04:02 PM) *
If it converts ok in Cross Dresser, here is a nice set of overalls for V3 ==> Summer Delights for V3

...pretty good, I'd have to create legging extensions though. I tried the D3 "Simply Cool" overalls but they are still too big in the butt for Leela's petite frame even after conversion. Once I get Hex and figure out how to model and rig clothing of my own design I'm going work on a series of plain "everyday" styles. Seems there's far more "fashion" oriented than "basic" clothing content.

Swirler, I still have some resources in my account at EI. As i understand they are going to do an Ashley Teen license (even though she's an INJ morph, the Ashley figure rigs differently than V4 so a lot of the V4 clothing doesn't work very well).

Oh, speaking of kids, I also have a patch to fix the Young FBM in V4.2 from Richard Hazeltine on the Daz forums. As you may have discovered, when you load it, only the head morph works.

{
    version
    {
    number 4.01
    }
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.FBMYoung.pz2"
    }

Instructions to install (not mine):

Find the Young morph injector in Windows Explorer [Young.pz2]. Right-click on it, choose "Open With," then open it in Notepad or Wordpad. Delete all the text you see.

Copy Richard's fix (above). Paste it into the window. Save the file over itself.

Of course, if you're using Mac, this probably won't apply. XD

Now I haven't done this before myself so you may want to save the existing morph as a backup somewhere so you can restore the original settings in case this doesn't work.

Note: See my response below
swirler
well i got around to submitting my first dragon one for the group
here it is
I know i need to do alot more to it but i ran out of time

Blue dragon
swirler
okay I did this one for todays dragon draw

Dragon and toys
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 24 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Oh, speaking of kids, I also have a patch to fix the Young FBM in V4.2 from Richard Hazeltine on the Daz forums. As you may have discovered, when you load it, only the head morph works.

{
    version
    {
    number 4.01
    }
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.FBMYoung.pz2"
    }

WARNING:

If you haven't yet installed he fix above Do Not Change Anything. I noticed when I opened the Morph in Word Pad as instructed, there was a lot more text than the seven lines above which apparently includes Delta Targets or something like that. All of these would be overwritten and replaced with the simple statements above. I have submitted a response on the Daz Forums as to my concerns.

QUOTE (swirler @ Apr 25 2008, 07:20 PM) *
okay I did this one for todays dragon draw

Dragon and toys

...looks nice but rather small to see any details. Any chance for a larger version?

I do wish we could directly post images in DS like other forums allow, but I also understand the Mods' concerns.
swirler
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Apr 26 2008, 06:46 PM) *
...looks nice but rather small to see any details. Any chance for a larger version?

I do wish we could directly post images in DS like other forums allow, but I also understand the Mods' concerns.

oops I linked to the thumbnail
lol
here is the full version
HentaiZonga
Hrm. One complaint I have regarding all of the metahumans I've seen so far: They look far, far too 'human'. I'm going to try my hand at a comparison line-up tonight, to see if I can illustrate my mind's eye of what elves, dwarves, orks and trolls should look like.
swirler
i had a pretty decent dwarf female and an orc male and female started but the saves didnt work
bleck
I will have to try again
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (swirler @ Apr 26 2008, 06:07 PM) *
oops I linked to the thumbnail
lol
here is the full version

...cute. They also have a Nessie and a Protoceratops.

...looks like make-believe SAMs & AAMs are about to be the least of worries for that B1-B crew... grinbig.gif

OK learned of another (and much simpler) way to fix the Young FBM that doesn't require messing with the Deltas code & such.

1. Expand "Daz's Victoria 4" folder
2. Select the "Morph Injections" top level folder (don't open any of the subfolders)
3. Double Click on the "INJ Base V4" Icon
4. Double Click on the "INJ Morphs++ V4" Icon

If your also going to use Aiko 4 then click on the "INJ Aiko V4" icon
much

This will activate all the morph sliders in the Parameters tab including the "missing" Young FBM.

Hence I have reworked Leela again as the Young morph makes creating teenage and adolescent characters a heck of a lot easier (and clothing fit much better).

For example:

Leela Redux (again)

...unrelated, however here is also an update of the Violet scene I have been working on. Just have a couple small details I want to add, which require me to create some new props.

Alleycat Violet take 2
Redjack
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 27 2008, 04:34 PM) *
Hrm. One complaint I have regarding all of the metahumans I've seen so far: They look far, far too 'human'. I'm going to try my hand at a comparison line-up tonight, to see if I can illustrate my mind's eye of what elves, dwarves, orks and trolls should look like.

So just to settle my own curiousity, give me your feed back on these.
Short of needing calcium deposits what would you change on this troll?
And what would you change on this ork?

Gray
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 27 2008, 05:34 PM) *

It's been my take that Shadowrun Metas should look more human than their "Fantasy" counterparts. I believe this because they are descended (either directly or 1 or 2 generations removed) from humans.
One might even say they are "human" based on their classification as sub-species of Home sapiens:

Dwarf - Homo sapiens pumilionis
Elf - Homo sapiens nobilis
Human - Homo sapiens sapiens
Ork - Homo sapiens robustus
Troll - Homo sapiens ingentis

Some orks and trolls used to be human. Some renditions of Fanstasy trolls barely look even humanoid, let alone human. One does not need to look a whole lot different to be singled out and discriminated against. Just enough to be noticed. Just my two nuyen.
Fuchs
QUOTE (Gray @ Apr 28 2008, 04:42 AM) *
It's been my take that Shadowrun Metas should look more human than their "Fantasy" counterparts. I believe this because they are descended (either directly or 1 or 2 generations removed) from humans.
One might even say they are "human" based on their classification as sub-species of Home sapiens:

Dwarf - Homo sapiens pumilionis
Elf - Homo sapiens nobilis
Human - Homo sapiens sapiens
Ork - Homo sapiens robustus
Troll - Homo sapiens ingentis

Some orks and trolls used to be human. Some renditions of Fanstasy trolls barely look even humanoid, let alone human. One does not need to look a whole lot different to be singled out and discriminated against. Just enough to be noticed. Just my two nuyen.

And don't forget that there's a trend for a global ideal of beauty today, based upon the requests cosmetic surgeons get, which means that people might be going for a more "human beuaty" look in 2070 too, thanks to even better cosmetic surgery.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 28 2008, 01:27 AM) *
So just to settle my own curiousity, give me your feed back on these.

On the Troll:

I'd lengthen the arms by 33% to 50% (If it's based off of 'The Freak' or M3, I'd set Arm Stretch to 3.0 or 4.0). Then, I'd bend the Chest and Neck each forward at 15%, and the Head back at -30%, to give it a slightly 'hunch-backed' stance. I'd also shrink the eyes; again, if this is M3 or 'The Freak' (both of which will take all of M3's morph injections, btw), I'd put the 'small eyes' head morph at about 0.35 or so. Incidentally, where'd you get those horns? They're perfect.

On the Ork:

1. I'd make his head bigger; I'd say scaling the Head's X to 125% would do just fine. The nose and ears are *PERFECT*, btw - I'd be very interested to know what dial settings you used. The mouth is also done very well, but I'd give him a wider mandible and a wider mouth. I'd also lower and slope back the dome of the forehead a bit, and make him more barrel-chested; in my mind, Orks have the bone structure of a Neanderthal.

Does all that make sense?
HentaiZonga
Update: Here's a (NSFW - Nudity!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!) side-by-side of my notion of what the females of each metatype look like:

NSFW - Nude Troll, Ork, Elf, Human, & Dwarf

-- Edited to remove NSFW link which is in violation of TOS - Redjack
MYST1C
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 28 2008, 02:27 AM) *

Make him more massive.
Head, shoulders, waist, hips - the whole torso should be wider.
My personal "archetype" pics for troll physiognomy are the troll race picture in SR2/SR3 and the cover of Sprawl Survival Guide (of course, in SR4 trolls are officially a bit smaller now).

QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 28 2008, 02:27 AM) *

Shorten his ears. All metahumans have pointy ears but only elves have elongated pointy ears (a lot of SR artist have gotten that wrong, as long as the game exists...).
And what's with the pig-like nose?
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 28 2008, 01:55 PM) *
Update: Here's a (NSFW - Nudity!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!) side-by-side of my notion of what the females of each metatype look like:

Woops! Sorry about that. I coulda SWORN I'd read the TOS... my bad, won't happen again. wink.gif
Fuchs
What about those?

Male SR Races

Female SR Races
Redjack
Ok, since its all opinion here I'll post in mine to continue our discussion.

QUOTE (Fuchs @ Apr 28 2008, 02:16 AM) *
And don't forget that there's a trend for a global ideal of beauty today, based upon the requests cosmetic surgeons get, which means that people might be going for a more "human beauty" look in 2070 too, thanks to even better cosmetic surgery.
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Apr 28 2008, 07:24 AM) *

The main difference I see is that yours are too human IMO. In my game the differences are more stark and contrasting. I agree some metas would undergo body modifications to look more human, but I'm interested in your average meta.

QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 28 2008, 03:38 AM) *
On the Troll:

I'd lengthen the arms by 33% to 50% (If it's based off of 'The Freak' or M3, I'd set Arm Stretch to 3.0 or 4.0). Then, I'd bend the Chest and Neck each forward at 15%, and the Head back at -30%, to give it a slightly 'hunch-backed' stance. I'd also shrink the eyes; again, if this is M3 or 'The Freak' (both of which will take all of M3's morph injections, btw), I'd put the 'small eyes' head morph at about 0.35 or so. Incidentally, where'd you get those horns? They're perfect.

On the Ork:

1. I'd make his head bigger; I'd say scaling the Head's X to 125% would do just fine. The nose and ears are *PERFECT*, btw - I'd be very interested to know what dial settings you used. The mouth is also done very well, but I'd give him a wider mandible and a wider mouth. I'd also lower and slope back the dome of the forehead a bit, and make him more barrel-chested; in my mind, Orks have the bone structure of a Neanderthal.

Does all that make sense?
I'll play around with the settings and get back to you. Thanks for the specific tips though. The horns are from Daz Ultimate Horn Pack. One of the first things I want to do in Hex though is create my own horns.

Looking at your picture (please repost a safe for work link), IMO, the first thing that strikes me are the impossibly small waists you have assigned (esp in the ork & troll) I like the Troll face, though perhaps the arms are a bit long for me. The ork face is hard to see so not a lot I can say there.

QUOTE (MYST1C @ Apr 28 2008, 07:15 AM) *
Make him more massive.
Head, shoulders, waist, hips - the whole torso should be wider.
My personal "archetype" pics for troll physiognomy are the troll race picture in SR2/SR3 and the cover of Sprawl Survival Guide (of course, in SR4 trolls are officially a bit smaller now).

Shorten his ears. All metahumans have pointy ears but only elves have elongated pointy ears (a lot of SR artist have gotten that wrong, as long as the game exists...).
And what's with the pig-like nose?

Hmm.. I like the ork's ears and I disagree with your assertion. You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but it is only that.. wink.gif
The nose is a little snooted, but it was one of those things that felt right at the time. Made him less homo-sapien without being totally non-human to me. I think I will play around with posting multiple ork heads to get some ideas on variations.

I'll play around with some of the settings using your advice later this week and post up my own side-by-side for everyone's scrutiny and praise/criticisms.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (HentaiZonga @ Apr 28 2008, 12:55 PM) *

Question: would 'censor bars' make it SFW? I regrettably have no suitable clothing that won't hide some of the shape I want to illustrate.
Kyoto Kid
...if you're using Daz Studio Victoria 4.2 with V4 morph++ pack, you should have the V4 basic wear set which includes a sports bra and shorts. These should conform with the figure morphs. The trick is I find they work a lot better when applied them to the base model before morphing.

If you are using Victoria 3 there is a "Spandex" morph which obscures details and I believe a basic bodysuit included.

...don't know if this will help as I do not have the Creature Feature morphs or She-Freak which some use for the larger physique metatypes (which is also why I primarily have been sticking to humans and the occasional elf).
Gray
Here is a picture of Ramses, my friend's dwarf character in a Dumpshock game, with a Tolkienesque beard applied instead of his usual short, well trimmed beard. Is he still too human looking?

==> Ramses as LOTR dwarf.

and the same charcter in his normal garb with a short beard

==> Ramses, Egyptian mage

I honestly thought the huge nose, ears, hands and feet were almost too big, but maybe they are not big enough? He's also flabby and not too muscular because he's a mage, not a warrior (Goblin size morph and Kobold body type morph from Character Pack 1). As for the beard, unless he is like Evan Almighty and it just grows back instantly every time he shaves, I see no reason a Shadowrun dwarf even needs a beard, unless he wants one. Or starts a dwarf culture that mandates beards. I always thought the beard was a cultural thing with dwarves in a Fantasy setting. And in some Fantasy descriptions the female dwarves have beards too. I don't recall ever seeing a female Shadowrun dwarf depicted with a beard.

I could go on about elves with impossibly thin limbs, necks and waists, and 30 cm long ears, but I chose to stick to dwarves for today. Not that their is anything wrong with that style, just a little more Manga oriented than I pictured Shadowrun to be. smile.gif

Would you say this guy looks too human as well? It's the closest real life comparison I can think of to what we are talking about. The fun thing is we're all right to one degree or another.

==> Reconstruction of Neanderthal Child (Homo sapiens neanderthalensis and to be fair, cross classified as Homo neanderthalensis: from the Anthropological Institute, University of Zürich)

He kinda looks like Tom Petty.

On another note here is a human character I'm working on. She's supposed to look like Keira Knightley, and I made a custom skin texture and eyes with the help of one of the vendor resource packs from Renderosity. Let me know what you think.

==> Keira

I had to reload DAZ from scratch including the whole runtime. so she's all I got done this weekend. On a good note, with a clean install of the lates version of DAZ, the search for new content runs a lot faster now.
HentaiZonga
Ok! SFW this time, here's a male and female Ork, as I see them:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/245090...e7ba509c7_o.jpg
Fuchs
A piece I did for the upcoming "Jamaica in the Shadows" campaign.
cryptoknight
You guys are amazing... rather than reading through 30 plus pages of posts...

Have you all come to find a single product that you all prefer to use, or at least a consensus as to which would be easiest for a new person to 3d modeling to use?

Redjack
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Apr 29 2008, 11:20 AM) *
Have you all come to find a single product that you all prefer to use, or at least a consensus as to which would be easiest for a new person to 3d modeling to use?

Start with Daz Studio. Its free and users most Poser models (Everyone I've ever tried). Some of the (non-free) plugins/add-ons are awesome for adding effects (fog, fire, etc)

Get a Graphics program (GIMP, Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop) for touch ups.

I have not made it to the point of successfully creating my own models yet. Beyond a program to do that (lots of them out there) as I understand it to rig them you have one choice... Poser.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012