Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-Town
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Meriss
"Guess so." Steve nodded and took a quick look around while unholstering his Colt.

"Gimme a hand with this would ya." He indicates the tarped back of the truck. "And the tracker is prolly just Uncle Phil making sure we ain't taking off and selling his truck fer beer money in Vegas or some shit. An' what in hell is that.... ?" He points to some random piece of wildlife.
fistandantilus4.0
MITNick climbs out, heading for the tracker and making sure there's no other little surprises, just to be safe.
SinN
Chester looks at MIT-Nick heading towards the tracker, then to Steve.
Maybe Im new at this whole shadowrunnin thing, but unless you can prove that the tracker is the work of your uncle, I say we trash it. As a matter of fact, I say we trash it anyway. I dont apreciate bein watched while I work. Im sure some can agree.

Chester takes a look at the critters, trying to recognise if they're the awakened ones the team was warned about.
ludomastro
The animals in Chester's field of view do not appear to be awakened in any way.

There is off to the left a sound that breaks into the relative peace. It is a small scrawnny looking dog. It almost looks like it is watching the team.
Redjack
After Flash pulls the gear out of the truck, straps on his backpack. "I'm a city boy, born and bread, so this whole get back to nature job is just a little- hell, a lot off the beaten path." He turns on his chameleon suit, "Though I am used to slipping in to places unseen and busting a few skulls."

His adrenaline is beginning to flow at the thought of a little danger. As he pulls the chameleon suit hood over his head he smiles, while looking around. 'Bout time to find out what these boys are made of.
SinN
Chester looks astrally towards Flash and smiles.

I can still see you.
Meriss
Steve rolls his eyes at the kid. "Look mojo boy, iffin' I take this thing back to Uncle Phil in less than pristine condition, he's going to have me by the short hairs. He might not kill me but it won't be pleasent."

He glances over at MIT-Nick. "Where the fuck is the dumb ass thing?"
fistandantilus4.0
MITNick grunts from his now prone position underneath the rig, ignoring most of the chatter while he digs around, looking for the tracker.
Workin' on it.
Redjack
As the team begins to get their gear together and thoughts turn to the trek ahead, Flash speaks up. "Now I ain't ne'er been in the military or boy scouts, so I'm not sure which'n is the best way fer us ta do this, but I fig'r with me havin' this suit I stick with what I know and that's running point." Cause that's where the action will be and got knows I don't want mage boy blastin' it before I git to have some fun.

Under the mage, he smiles. As he talks, Flash checks his own ammo, making sure that he loaded the live rounds and not the gel. "I wanted the fly-spy to give me eyes a little ways ahead. Don't I need a command program or the like?" Flash's knowledge of computer systems seems to be a little more rounded than his cadre of software.
fistandantilus4.0
MITNick hollers out from beneath their wheels. I can take care of the buggies Johnny Flash. You don't really need a "command" program. Don't think that does what you think it does. The bugger needs a Pilot soft to run. Should come with one of those, 'pendin' on where ya got it.
...Now where is that damn thing?
ludomastro
Moments later MITNick spots the tracker welded to the frame of the truck in a less than obvious location.
fistandantilus4.0
Alright, they welded the fuckin' thing on. Hey kid, come magic this damn thing off.

MITNick's little feet kick from beneath the truck as he moves around, frustrated and annoyed.
SinN
Chester raises his eyebrows.

This should be fun. Cross your fingers that I dont blow the car up.

Chester slides underneath the vehicle, to get a better look to see if he should even attempt a spell.
Meriss
Steve vents some of his frustration "Awwwww. Guys c'mon! You may not care about my hide but I do! Uncle Phil will kill me if I don't get this thing back to him in one piece!"

He processes some of what MIT-Nick said. "An' don't the weld mean its Uncle Phil's bug?"
SinN
Chester ignores Steve and speaks to MIT-Nick and Flash.
I could summon a spirit. They can get to places we can't. If we can't get it off, we can always just break it from the inside. Just shut it off. And we could keep usin it to get through this place. Like a guide. Waddya think?
fistandantilus4.0
We were all inside for a good fifteen minutes. If they did it quick, it'd only take a minute, two tops to put a quick weld on it. But the fact that you'd even suspect your dealer of rigging our wheels sure doesn't make me feel very much more comfortable.

MITNick steps away frim away from the truck, none to eager to be close to a mag-o-boy at work.
Meriss
"Just let me know when it's over. Try not to blow up the truck." Steve covers his face melodramatically.
SinN
Chester rolls up his sleeves and holds his hands out and quietly chants in Sperithial.

Chesters Conjuring roll
[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
A wizened old man with white hair and a walking stick appears before Chester on the astral.

Where abouts did ya need my help?
SinN
Chester smiles.

Thank you for being here, wise spirit. Reside on the astral until I call you.
ludomastro
Alright young one. Just don't let an old man stand for too long. Arthritis ya know.
SinN
Hm.... I'm gonna play this one safe.
Wise spirit, come back. I have a task for you. Chester points to the truck.
Underneath this vehicle is an item in a metal box that is welded to the car. The item is a tracking bug. It's used to find someone who doesn't want to be found. I need you to destroy this item, without damaging the vehicle. Do you understand?
ludomastro
I got ya, young one. You don't want to be found, I want to go home. I think that's fair. The spirit pokes at the truck with his walking stick. A shower of blue sparks fly out from roughly the same area as the tracking bug. That oughta do ya. The spirit fades from the astral.
Redjack
Flash views the whole magical exchange with a bit of disdain. It's like cheating., he muses. Whipping up stuff out of nothing. Willing changes to be made. The more he thought about it, the more he was sure he didn't like magic. Too much there he couldn't control or affect.

"Are we ready?" he asks, ready to be on the way.
SinN
Just a sec
Chester turns his attention back to the spirit.
Now for your last task, then you may return to your home on the metaplanes, with my thanks. We are searching for a place out here thats isnt part of the original design, if you get what I mean. A research center of sorts. I suppose since I summoned you here, you would be familiar with what Im talking about? For your last task, I would ask you act as a guide through the woods here, until we get to our desired location. Once we are there, you are free to go home.

Damn Im good..
ludomastro
Almost as if muttering, the venerable spirit adds, Damn kids and their requests. They have new fangled gadgets that work perfectly well and they drag an old man out of bed ....

-----

After leading the group for a while ...
SinN
Chester's senses begin to flicker.

Does anyone else feel that?

He stops and looks around.
Perceptiop test
[ Spoiler ]

This isn't......natural. Get ready for somethin guys.

Initiative Roll
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
His weapon in his right hand, Flash stops, raising his left and making a fist like he'd seen in any number of military sims. As he crouches and Chester speaks, he realizes that no one saw him with his chameleon suit turned on.

From his position crouched in the tall grasses, he attempts to blend in. One of the things he'd been told was that it was harder for the wiz-boys to pick you out if you hid amongst living plants. Now is the time to test that theory.
Meriss
"Feel what kid?" Steve remarks. "Not all of us have an in mojo wise."

But despite his words Steve's hand strayed to his Colt, just in case.
SinN
Chester raises his hand to silence Steve.
Sshh...
He waits in silence and looks around to try to find what's making him nervous.
Something's about to let us know it's here, and chances are, we're not welcome in these parts.
ludomastro
A large winged deer swoops down and is headed for Chester with its antlers at full tilt.
SinN
Ah shit! This is a Peryton. They've got a taste for meta-human flesh and can throw up a silence spell. Watch out for the antlers!

Chester sees the Peryton heading his way and readies a spell.

Force 5 Mana Bolt
[ Spoiler ]

Chanting in Sperithial once more, he unleashes the spell, almost shouting as the mana flows through him, and finnally out of his out-stretched hand.
ludomastro
The peryton reacts in pain at the surge of raw mana flowing through it. The effect of its silence fade momentarily as the winged deer drops out of sight before taking to the skies once more heading away from the group. The forest is not deathly quiet any longer but it is far from its former level of noise. The chirping of birds can be heard once again.

-----

The sun continues its march across the sky and the group finds a little relief with a cool breeze passing through.
ludomastro
The old spirit smiles at Chester and turns toward the goal. "Not bad there kiddo. Now if'n you can keep up with an old man, let's go. I'm tired and want to get back to my nice warm, soft bed." More under his breath than out loud, he adds, "And the nice girls waiting on me."

-----

The terrain turns far more rough than it was previously. As the sun is about to go down the group meets up with the remains of an office building. Somehow, the sat-photos and the schematics didn't come close to the level of plant growth around the building. However, the closer one gets to the building the less of large trees becomes apparent. There is even visible asphalt where the parking lot used to be. There are some shadowy vines covering the building and a large tree has managed to take root through the entrance atrium. Birds are flocking around the area and grass is poking through in several places.

The old spirit turns to Chester, materializes and speaks to the whole group, "Now, ya's here. Be careful cause they's more than forest out here." Laughing the spirit fades away returning to the metaplanes.
Redjack
As the winged-deer swoops in and prattles off following Chester's blast, Flash keeps his attention on the perimeter. He assumed there would be a follow up attack or additional threats. Luckily, they did not materialize.
-----------------
The day is long and the march longer than he was used to, but he was used to working out and physical labor. As his team mates began to show little signs of fatigue, he was happy that he did work out often and even more that genetics had favored him; He was after all an ork.
-----------------
As they near their destination, Flash steps out ahead of the team even more before stopping to drink in the details of the area. The building, the decay, the tree..... and the birds. He thought to the only birds he had experience with: Pigeons. They tended to flock and group for food. Pigeons, of course, ate seed and bread. He watched the birds with a little trepidation. He envisioned them as a meat eating, ravenous flock of horror like in the trids Awakened Crows Attack and On Wings of Death.

He kneels and sends the fly spy out ahead. Time to establish a perimeter.
<<@Team [Flash] Time to figure out what we got on the outside. Any of these things magical?>>
SinN
<<Team[Chester]- My sense aint tinglin, so most likely not. Be careful though, they aint hostile, yet.>>

Chester walks onto the perimeter and scans the area, taking in the scene.

Here we go.
ludomastro
Nothing attacks Chester as he walks out into the open. A few birds go silent and a few more fly off.

-----

The fly spy takes in the area and relays the video feed without too much trouble. The general state of decay is evident from all angles.
Meriss
"Sure ask if they're magic. Pff... Tell me when I get my time to shine would ya?" Steve grumbles.

He looks around and tries to spot any obvious stairs or any direction to go.

"Be a shadowrunner I thought, see the world I thought." Steve continues his grumbling. "Fat lot o' good that did me."
SinN
Chester looks side ways at Steve.
Shadowrunning isnt about being a hero. He looks down and quickly scurrys to the front door. He pokes his head inside through the holes of broken glass.
Well? Shall we? Chester steps through the door.
Redjack
Flash directs the fly-spy through the broken doorway, around Steve & Chester. He follows up behind the duo, a grimace on his face. He considered pushing the two to the side and storming in. He vanquished the thought, deciding there was danger enough for all, besides someone would be needed to drag the team back out... and they sure weren't strong enough to carry him.
<<@Team [Flash] By all means. Lets.>>
ludomastro
The fly-spy makes short work of the terrain - child's play really. The various vision mods map out the atrium of what used to be a nice building. Not just plascrete and paint, this place had some actual work done to it. The thermographics show the whole area lit up like Ares Day. It would appear that the infrared lights are still in working order. The image outlines some small animals in what would otherwise be the dark recesses of the building.
SinN
Looks like this place actually mattered. Wonder what was so important. Maybe more than one thing.

He looks towards MIT-Nick
Think you can use some of this tech stuff? If its still workin I mean.

Then to the rest of the team.
Where do you think we should start fellas?
fistandantilus4.0
MITNick shrugs, looking over the wreck of the building.
If it's still got power goin' through it, I might be able to see about a little game of Plug 'N'' Play. The system should be outmoted enough that it's matrix security system shouldn't be able to stand for very long against a concentrated assault . I am concerned though, about there still being power. We should set up a jamming system as well, just to be safe. If it's got power, who knows what else it might still have.

I wouldn't count on there being a decent wireless system. We'll need to get in to see if there's anything I can patch into.
SinN
Dunno about the rest of you, but I think makin sure we know this place has, and taking control of it sounds like a great place to start.
fistandantilus4.0
Not having to crouch in the doorway with the rest of the Last Action Heroes, MITNick pokes aronud the doorway. Where there's security, there's an access panel. Where there's an access panel, there's some sort of access verification; card reader, keypad, something. And where there's a verification system, there's always going to be someone that's oging to fuck it up, and has to contact security, meaning a means of communication.

Security riggers were big back when this bunker was made, so maybe if I can find the optic lines used for contacting security, or the camera feeds, I can tap into that and see what still works.

MITNick pokes around the doorframe with a screwdriver in hand, looking for a likely panel.

Give me a sec here to see if there's anything I can work with. ..... Oh, and make sure no damn flying venison tries to take a bite outta me while I aint lookin, 'k?
SinN
Chester lights up his palm with a little mana and smirks.

Got ya covered.
Meriss
Steve rolls his eyes at the kids display. He unbuckles his pistol from its holster and stands in the "ready" position.

"Jest hurry it up."
Redjack
Flash keeps watch on the external perimeter, several meters from the doorway and the team. The fly-spy allows him a view to the internals of the facility and his augmented optics a watch of the external. All this stealth is wearing on his patience though. The things that have kept Flash from rising to greater heights in life have been his lack of patience and his proclivity to seek a little action, even when he should sit patiently by. As he begins silently tapping his foot, his boredom begins taking hold. Time for something... Anything...

He then stops and focuses on the fly-spy for a moment.
<<@Team [Flash] Infrared lights mean power. This facility is more than a little old for functional power.>>

He begins to focus his attention looking for cameras.
ludomastro
Flash easily spots three cameras in the lobby area. Two of them are obviously broken, the third seems to have been incorporated into the nest for some type of bird. The last appears to be in working order.

The team hears a howl from outside as the shadows begin to get longer. At the same time, the facility external lights come on. It would be more accurate to say that the remaining working lights come on. Approximately two out of five are still working. As the light power up, birds begin to fly around the entrance to the building. The resulting shadows from the fading sunlight and the artificial lights give the area a slightly unnatural feel.
Redjack
Flash highlights the third camera over TeamĀ®Net.
<<@Team [Flash] This run just got a lot more complicated.>>

Unseen by his team mates under his mask, a big smile crosses his face. There is a reason he's called Flash and not Slick or Ghost......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012