Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: What the Future Holds
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Grey
We're elves, 8 years is nothin'.
Digital Heroin
I thought Chet was the oddball, the only elf in the family?
Fallon_Blackthorne
Wraith is an Elf as well...
Grey
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
I thought Chet was the oddball, the only elf in the family?

Err... I changed my concept around a bit. Nothing drastic, but I'm an elf as well. If you can hop on AIM tomorrow we'll chat about it. I'm getting off work now though.

p fogg: I just messaged you with a link to the very rough draft of my sheet. I'll have the rest of it done tomorrow.
Panzergeist
Sooo... This means another day till we start?
Grey
No, thats why I gave him a rough sheet, so he could start things. I'll just finsh the details up later.
phelious fogg
Well we are up and running. Welcome to CAS 2063, soon ot be CAS 2064. Its 8am, start your day (First Post is a Flavor Post, but you have all been called in for duty)
Panzergeist
Hey, you said it's the last day of our contract; does that mean this run is necesarily going to be a short-order run that all takes place within the day, without a few days for legwork?
Panzergeist
Oh, and why do we visit all three corp clinics right before every run? For double-redundan checkups?
phelious fogg
Panzer, it just means this is the last day they can hire you for a job, at the end of the day, they pay you and you can do whatever, but you are more or less bound to do whatever job they ask you to do today (You can still negotaite for hazard pay or something, and you could probably walk away, but how intelligent that is I dont know) More or less the visit is to check up on things / figure out whats going on. Also keeping tabs on stuff is part of your job description..
Panzergeist
So, you're saying that whatever this job is won't take us more than a day, right?
Digital Heroin
Read that more carefully... it's the last day they can hire us for a job. The job could last ten years, as long as they lay it down today, we're obligated.
phelious fogg
DH: IM sure there is something about a run not lasting more than X days... ah yes.

Clause 142, Paragraph 3 : No asset is required to work a case for more than a week, in the case that such a case lasts for more than seven days, other assets will be brought onto the project, and the current assets will be released from obligation.
Bearclaw
If it takes more than a few days, Rover will definately have to ask for an extension of the contract to cover the time.
phelious fogg
Go ahead, but could we at [whine]least[/whine] get the story rolling?
Hehe, Now I'm the impatient one.. sigh...
Bearclaw
Gotcha'. Working on my first post.
Bearclaw
So I'm in. Where's everyone else?
Grey
I'm going to wait for Digtal Heroin to post before I do mine.
Panzergeist
Any day now guys. Not everyone can go last. The thread is languishing on page 2, let's pick it up.
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Panzergeist)
Any day now guys. Not everyone can go last. The thread is languishing on page 2, let's pick it up.

You can stop that anytime now; the trying to act like you're the GM. Real life happens to most people on occasion.
phelious fogg
Im with DH on that one. Earlier it was sort of okay, but now its sort of aggrivating.
Grey
Seriously, its an online game. They go slow. If you want something faster, go find a game on AIM or something. First posts are always the longest, so it takes more time to set them up. Deal with it.
kevyn668
Sorry guys you're probably waiting on me. Work's had me down, lately. Opens Houses....blaaa
Grey
Me too, I'm still working on my opening post, but I only get a minute here and there to work on it.
phelious fogg
Dont worry, Im not so much in a rush, take your time. I wont be here this weekend, so I wont be posting any updates until Monday.
Bearclaw
eek.gif
Panzergeist
You're right, I'm being too impatient. Not trying to do the GM's job, I just forget that other people don't have as much time as me, and can't read and write as fast.
Digital Heroin
I'm not going to comment any further, mainly because if I do, it'll be out of rising aggrivation, and I have enough going on right now to worry about as it is. It would also not be fair to what has the potential to be a very good game. My focus shall be IC for the game for the time being, OOC will be for rolls and such only from me.
Panzergeist
Oooh, a few questions that slipped my mind. Will you roll dice for us, or will we do it ourselves? If a character does something that the other characters don't know about, should we PM it or post it? And any house rules I need to know?
phelious fogg
As far as dice rolls are concerned its up to you.. If you want me to roll, Ill need to know what rolls you want to make and what dice you want to add to them (combat pool, karma, etc) Im willing to let people make rolls until they look suspicious (look i have 2 skill insomething, and I always suceed type things)

Edit: Forgot your other question. If you dont want other people to know whats going on, post as such, I dont want a lot of PM's going around needlessly. Also that way if some other person not involved wants to read the story, he can do so without feeling like he is missing info.

Oh yeah, be afraid, be very very afriad.
Panzergeist
Okay, time for my first action. I astrally perceive everyone in the room, including my teammates. (1 2 2 2 2 3) Son of a bitch! That has got to be my worst perception test ever. What do I see?
Grey
Pretty colors.... silly.gif
phelious fogg
Ill respond once everyone chimes in, or if that doesnt happen, sometime wednesday. Yes, all you will see is pretty colors, and know that everyone is indeed alive.. hehe, Ill post more IC once everyone chimes in.
Panzergeist
Okay, so no cyberzombies, good to know.... I'll assense Theodore as soon as everyone else has had a chance to respond.
Grey
What kind of border passes are needed to get to Tulsa from where we are?
Digital Heroin
I would have been able to tell you, but I lost my wickedly detailed map with my reformat...
Panzergeist
I assense Theodore as he leaves. 1 1 2 4 5 7 on the intelligence roll, 1 1 1 2 3 7 on the complementary aura reading. Should be 3 successes. Also, didn't he say we got 15 grand now and 15 more after the job? I didn't read about him giving us credsticks anywhere, or do we have bank accounts that he transfers the payment to?
Bearclaw
QUOTE (Grey)
What kind of border passes are needed to get to Tulsa from where we are?

They're both CAS right?
kevyn668
Passes? We don' need no stinkin passes! biggrin.gif
phelious fogg
You dont need any border passes, they are both CAS. I assumed ther company had a standard account they payed you out of that you would have access to.. oops, anyways yeah, its wired to an account. Gah.. Ill post what you see in character Panzer.
kevyn668
is there any way I can get locker or storage spot in the van? I like to toss some guns, ammo, and armor in it. It would make it easier than having to run back to the doss to get the "good stuff" wink.gif
Digital Heroin
There's room in the RV for toys. Nothing too massivly exessive though.

Gonna need the specs sent back to me on the RV, though. Lost them in my recent reformat.
phelious fogg
Type: Winabego Rancher Modified
Handling Speed Accel Body Armor Sig Auto Pilot Sensor Cargo Load
3/3 150 5 4 4 2 0 1 4 72 450
Seating Entry Fuel Econ S/B L/T Chass Base Cost
3+2b 2d+1t+1r D(100L) 8km/L - - RV 5661,500
Features: Remote Control Interface, Rigger Control Adaptation, Removed
Manual Controls, (2) Basic Living Amenities +162CF People Space,
APPS, Concealed Armor, Crash Cage, Rollbars, Proximity/Shock
Anti-Theft
System (Rating 10), (6) Spotlite, Runflat Tires, Winch (2000kg),
Electronics Port, ECM (Rating 2), ECCM (Rating 4), Retransmission
Unit,
Power Amplifier (Rating 10), Computer/Electronics Shop,
Vehicle Shop, (2) Drone Rack, Small Pop-Up Remote Turret w. 9 Recoil
Compensation/Smartlink Adaptation, 1000 Round Ammo Bin,
Tranceiver (Rating 6)

Weapon Type Con Reach Mode Ammo Damage Modifiers
Ares MP LMG HW Hah! N/a FA Belt 7S 9 Points Recoil Compensation,
Smartlink
Adaptation

kevyn668
An HK, an ingram, a pistol or three, ammo for 'em. A suit of armor (the camo stuff), a gas mask and my tac comm (w/ Battle Tac Reciever, BTW wink.gif ) Is that cool?

Ya know, after looking at it that seems like a trunkfull. Is that too much? I can trim it down rather easily if needs be.

Also, did anyone else grab a Battel Tac Reciever? And for that matter, DH did you take any Battle Tac stuff?
Digital Heroin
Heck, we've got plenty of room... I didn't go Battletach, I don't think... not sure why... might have been the Avaliability of the drone mods...
kevyn668
Cool.

Oh well on the BT thing. At lest I have a kick ass personal comm..and rightly so for a merc. smile.gif
Panzergeist
Sweet van. Great fuel economy for an RV too. Never heard of the type though, is it in rigger 3? Also, it says 0 autonav 1 pilot, is that a mistake or is it a bonafide passenger drone? That would be sweet. Also, is the gun turret popup/antiair?

As for my equipment, I have a chemistry kit, forensics kit, medkit, shotgun mic, and laser mic. The only other stuff is personal electronics, fetishes, and wire cutters, which I'll have with me at all times. And I'm a dwarf. You can just stuff me into the overhead compartments if necesary.
Digital Heroin
biggrin.gif It's a custom job, I know my vehicles... heck I've used the system to make a viable power armor, and was working on a missile packing armor with a detatchable drone jet booster...

The Auto's zero on purpose, the 1 pilot is because the RV has the capacity to be remote operated, but that's via the remote deck inside, for when Rawhide's also using his sentinal drone... no autopilot because it detracts from combat operations of a vehicle...

Still more than enough space, this bad boy was designed to be roomy.
Panzergeist
I am doomy the robo-RV, outta the way biatches! You should get dozer blades on the front for running people over. Oh, and a disco ball.
kevyn668
Can we assume that we worked this job together? that's why I asked if I could have a locker in the RV. I figure it'll save some time and then we can just divy up and roll out....

cool?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012