Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: What the Future Holds
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
phelious fogg
Oh yeah, just so that if anyone else is looking here, Im not accepting any new players (those who have already posted are all fine)
phelious fogg
QUOTE (Bearclaw)
Rover's from Seattle. Worked for Fuchi. Bailed during the corp wars, when his division was bought up by Novatech.
Now, he lives in Downtown Ft Smith, on 5th, near Slims Burgers and Beer.

Oddly enough there is a burger joint on Fifth.. or at least was, its been several years since i lived there. Just so you know there are three main roads and everything else is in the triangle between them. Towson, Garrison, and 71
phelious fogg
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Did we (the team) come as a package or we were hired piecemeal?

Up to you guys really, all I have pinned down is that you have been in the opperations pool for Mobius for a few months (3+) and your contract is ending at the same time (the let everyone go at the same time, then start reissuing contracts or hiring new bodies throught the year)
Grey
pf: Ok, so my deck is limited to rating 6 (gag!), but what about programs? Still only rating 6? I sure hope you never have me go up against a system wortha lick, cause with the best deck I could put together under those limits, I'm gunna get my ass handed to me in a Average/Orange host. The only reason I ask about programs, is because I'd like to be able to put some options on them, but that makes the virtual rating (for purposes of MP size) go up. Would something like a Attack 6 with Stealth 4 be ok, even though by MP size, it is rating 10?
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Did we (the team) come as a package or we were hired piecemeal?

Is our decker/rigger team using BattleTac?

Since the Troubles are brothers, they came together... could be they worked with the others before.

As for the BattleTac, I'm thinking that'll be a go on my end. The RV's gonna be a mobile command post, and that's a definite boost to a team.
Bearclaw
I thought the mcpc was limited to 8 at creation, with each stat being limited to 6?!? Can't remember for sure though.
Panzergeist
I didn't think the rating 6 rule applied to deck MPCPs, but I could be wrong. The Kraftwerk-8, which has a rating 8 MPCP, has an availability above 8 anyway, so I know it's not valid, which is too bad because I consider it the bare minimum you need to be a good decker. So, buying a stock cyberdeck, you would have a max MPCP of 7. I don't know what the availability rules are for custom decks at chargen, but I assume you could do at least a little better than the stock cyberdecks.

So, our characters are going to have their own homes in Fort Smith, no corporate housing, right? Any idea how big that city is in the future? And what is the time period of this run?
Grey
Bear: That is always what I go with, but *shrug*, I'll work with what I've got.

With a MPCP of 6 I have a Bod, Evasion, and Sensor of 4, with 6 Masking. Really weak, but hopfully I'll be able to do something with the programs.
Bearclaw
Hey, is Fallon still going to be involved?
Panzergeist
Yes, where is Fallon? I was hoping he'd give me feedback on my spell list.
phelious fogg
QUOTE (Grey)
I'm gunna get my ass handed to me in a Average/Orange host. The only reason I ask about programs, is because I'd like to be able to put some options on them, but that makes the virtual rating (for purposes of MP size) go up.

Okay, MCPC 6 is just fine for a runner who doesnt take on orange hosts unless needed (not ever decker takes on Red hosts for fun) So yeah, an orange host might hurt.. Its SUPPOSED to hurt. As to programs, so long as the avialability is below 8 and the Programs actual rating is below 6 have at it, its okay to have attack 6 with stealth 4 on it.

Sorry, just a personal gripe on shadowrunners, you dont need to be able to kill 20 security gaurds and not break a sweat, you dont need to be able to use conjuring to summon GOD.. Yes as shadowrunners you are good at your job, but you arent invincible, most companies dont use Red hosts, a lot use green and blue, the better off ones use orange.. The Renraku Archology uses a red host..
phelious fogg
We have

Panzergeist: Shaman
Heroin: Rigger
Fallon: Mage
Grey: Decker
Bearclaw: Covert Op
Kevyn: Sam
Panzergeist
Well, red is certainly meant to be more than a starting decker can handle, but even begining deckers have to go against orange once in a while. The trick is simply to do your job with as few system operations as possible, to avoid racking up a security tally. In the abscence of reality filters, agents, and massive response increase, it takes finnesse and a few tricks. So far the things I've found to be useful are doing only one system test per combat turn so you can use your whole hacking pool on it (which is pointless if you have spent your whole hacking pool to raise your DF, but I had a GM who didn't let me do that once), using validate to let you perform a few simple ops without tests, being in masking mode at all times, using command sets to perform multiple system operations while only racking up security tally for one, and of curse, splitting a job into multiple intrusions, with time between them for the security to reset. These all seem pretty obvious to me, so I doubt it's anything you haven't already been doing, but I actually did have a decker on my team once who preffered to just bulldoze the IC rather than avoiding it. He died of dump shock when the system shut down after exhausting all it's defenses on him. scatter.gif If any of you know any other tricks that I haven't mentioned, please do share them, because I plan to play a decker sometime soon.
Digital Heroin
Is it bad when your character has to spend 20 grand for ammo on one gun? biggrin.gif

Alright, done character sans background, which is now in the works... wish I could spend that startup cash now, since I needed just a touch more for my pickup, but it's all good...
Grey
DH: email me a copy of your background so I can make sure mine meshes with yours and whatnot. metis76 at yahoo.com
Panzergeist
I had to spend 20 grand on ammo once. Lemme guess, an LMG with 1 CF of ammo storage, adding up to 10,000 rounds, right? You know what's lame? A MMG has an availability of more than 8, but the Lone Star Strato-9 drone comes with an MMG and has an availability of 3 or so. So you can start with an unarmored drone that's more heavily armed than your citymaster.
Grey
Actually, they erattaed the Strato-9 to availibility 8 and in Rigger 3 Revised it is 8 as well.
Digital Heroin
*eyes his pretties* Errata is irrelevent...

It was actually 2000 AV Rounds for an HMG, but that was the dream. biggrin.gif

Rawhide's done and made, just going to co-ordinate my background with Grey, then he'll be on his way.
phelious fogg
NO HMG'S... GAHHHHH

Cool, just submit him when he is done.
kevyn668
I can get stats to you but I'd like to wait a few days on the background. I do all this at work and its been a nightmare around here lately (well, nightmare is strong. so maybe "hectict"). Cool?
Grey
I'm looking at having mine done either end of work day today, or end of work tomorrow.
phelious fogg
fine by me
kevyn668
Thanks man. Now I don't have to stay late tonight!
Panzergeist
Where is Fallon? Is he going to play?
phelious fogg
I dunno where he is actualy.. hmm.. maybe ill private messege him..
Panzergeist
According to his log he has made a few posts in other threads since he posted here. Maybe he forget about us?
Fallon_Blackthorne
Sry... been really busy with moving. Sent you a Street Sam via PM.
Bearclaw
Hello?
Grey
Guy, I'm gunna be really busy of the next few days, so go ahead and start without me if you want and I'll catch up.
Panzergeist
Well Bearclaw, Gray said he would try to be done tonight, Heroin presumably same time since they are collaborating. I think everyone else is done. So we are just waiting. For people like me who are too lazy to get a full-time job, waiting for people with lives outside of their homes is the hardest part. silly.gif
phelious fogg
So we will probably start monday if i have everything by then...
Digital Heroin
Rawhide is in the mail.
Panzergeist
Why can't we start this weekend?
Digital Heroin
It's the GM's call... hell, most people take the weekend as downtime from posting, when they're not working and can get out a bit...
Panzergeist
Getting out is overated. nyahnyah.gif
phelious fogg
I still dont have Grey's character, so I am going to wait a bit to open up IC stuff, as I think Grey's character is one of teh Trouble Brothers.
Digital Heroin
Aye, he's one of the Trouble Brothers... should be he'll have net acess tommorrow again.
Panzergeist
No idea what you're talking about.
kevyn668
Grey and DH are playing characters that are brothers, apparently. They cooperated on creation and gear. No point starting until the gangs all here. 'Sides, just gives me more time to work on my background.
phelious fogg
I'm glad everyone is happy then..
Bearclaw
So we'll be going soon, right biggrin.gif
phelious fogg
As soon as Grey's character gets to me, I start up the IC thread.
Grey
Damn man, its been WAY too long since I've put together a decker. Doing the math for the deck took most of my free time this morning and I'm getting the programs done now. If you like, I can send you the sheet without the deck and can just send that when its done. I don't want to be holding things up.

(Damn you for not allowing Otaku, they are so much easier to build.)
phelious fogg
Sorry, Im not too familiar with Otaku rules.. otherwise i would have. Anyways you wont need the deck for a few posts im sure, so Yes, if you can get me your character sans deck, then Ill open up the IC posts
Panzergeist
Yeah, the main reason I like Otaku is simply because they are so much easier to keep track of. Creating and playing a decker makes me wish I had a math SPU in real life.
Grey
p fogg: Any chance you'll let me play Otaku? They are 10 times easier than Deckers. I can give you a quick rundown on how they work if you like.
phelious fogg
Sure, I dont see a problem with it, just realize I'm going to be slow with the rules as such.
Digital Heroin
A redneck Otaku? *blink*
Grey
HELL YEAH!

DH: I'm obviously the younger brother now. wink.gif

I'll call my age at 16. That way I'm not a little kid and have two years left before I start to fade.
Digital Heroin
Sheit, Chet hangs out with a brother he's eight years older than? nyahnyah.gif

Works for me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012