Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: What the Future Holds
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Panzergeist
I'll post my next action phase now, even though it doesn't take effect until Heroin and Grey post. I assense the troll (simple) take one last look around outside (simple) and head back to my body.

Here's the assensing roll: Intelligence 1 1 2 5 8 10 Aura Reading 2 2 2 4 5 5
Four successes total. Now back to my body.
Digital Heroin
Pistols (Smartlinked Deputy): 4,5,16

Hooodoggy...
kevyn668
Congratulations, DH. You and Grey have won the first Nicknames. Stay tuned to find out more... biggrin.gif
Bearclaw
When Bearclaw's turn comes up, he'd like to get all Ben Kenobi on the armored Sam next to him.
<edit>OK, I read the IC. I guess the roll below is my first roll, and the second one is my response to whatever he does.</edit>

Adding 3 dice of combat pool, Bearclaw rolls: 09 05 05 05 04 03 03 03 02 01 01 01 #D:12 TN:4 HR:9 S:5.
Crap!
Anyway, that's a 10S wound, and I believe armor is halved against it.

If he's alive, and attempts an action on me, here's my counterattack, with another 3 combat pool:
15 11 08 04 04 04 03 03 02 02 02 02 #D:12 TN:4 HR:15 S:6

<edit>Whoops. Dikote does nothing to the armor rating. So, it's a 10S</edit>
Bearclaw
After his target goes down, Rover would like to use his katana to disable the minigun the troll has. What would my TN be, with a Dikoted katana?
Grey
Duke's Action

Free: Call Shot (Troll's Head, bypassing armor)
Simple: Shoot (Predator 3 with Gel Rounds and Smartlink 2)
Simple: Take cover (going back to full cover behind the couch)

Target Number should be 4. Base of 4, +2 for Called Shot, -2 for Smartlink.

Pistols (+4 Combat Pool): 08 05 05 05 04 04 02 01 #D:8 TN:4 H#:8 S:6

So thats 7M Stun staged up to 9D Stun.

One other thing I should note is that the gun in silenced, so it'll be harder for the Troll to know where the shot came from (in case he wants revenge).
phelious fogg
@ Bearclaw:

Oh yeah, he is dead by the way, he cant roll enogh dice to resist (he already has a five box wound, platelet factory) Luckily his inititive is higher than yours so he still gets to attack you first.

Choping the Minigun? Lets see..
Base TN 4, + 4 Running, +4 Called shot, so we are looking at TN12 to hit it, and Ill assume that if you get a good swing in, your katana will probably mess it up really good.

Also You cant counter attack someone wielding a gun (The already have a +2TN modifier for using a ranged weapon in melee)

@Grey:

Silencers only work well at a range, but giving the other gunfire going on, he'd have a difficult time figureing it out anyways.
(Just curious why does a decker have smartlink 2?)
Grey
Heh, my first thought to your question was "Why wouldn't he have one?"

The Trouble Brothers have had a hard life and faced a lot of danger. A smartlink is a small purchase to help make Duke at least somewhat effective in the real world. He decided he didn't want to be the Otaku that runs and hides whenever there is danger (though sometimes he does have the flashbacks of his parents being gunned down).

Its very common for Deckers to have some ammount of combat cyber so they aren't defencless in the real world.
phelious fogg
Yeah I know, I wasnt bothered by it, but found it surpising none-the-less. Anyways, I need to cover the next few actions and start a new inititive round. Hopefully Ill have that up tonight, when i have more time.
Panzergeist
I thought called shots were +4? Does the smartlink give you -2 AND reduce the called shot modifier to +2? If so, I should have gotten one for my characters in a couple other games. And Fallon, what kind of character are you playing? I had thought you were a mage, until I saw that reference to an adrenal pump.
Grey
Yeah, thats the joy of the smartlink 2 over 1. You get an extra -2 for called shots.
phelious fogg
Fallon's the Odd Street Sam in the group. He is very very full of Bioware. Oddly enough he doesnt have smartlink.

Anyways Bearclaw, I used four dice to dodge his bullets (i think that will put you out of dice after your attack). So one human is down.

Troll Body 17 resists 9D (-4 power from cyber "dermal sheathing 3" and "Ceramic Bone Lacing"):
11 11 09 07 05 05 04 04 04 03 03 02 02 01 01 01 01 #D:17 TN:7 HR:11 S:6
Takes a light wound
Troll Body 17 resists 9D (-4 power from cyber "dermal sheathing 3" and "Ceramic Bone Lacing"): 14 09 05 05 05 05 04 03 03 02 02 02 01 01 01 #D:15 TN:5 HR:14 S:6
Takes a Light wound (again) He also resists knockdown, I like trolls!
Troll now has a medium wound.

Anywho.. Ill have the IC post up in a bit, the two humans in the lobby are both down now, leaving a troll waving a minigun.

Fallon, you get cover from the desk, narrowly avoinding getting hit by the minigun (thanks to you running for the stairs)

Also new combat round.

The Lobby Now
Grey
p fogg: if you could update that map of the room again, I'd thank you lots for it smile.gif
Fallon_Blackthorne
I gots top give you props for the Trog w/ a minigun... in all my ten years of playin this game, that scared me more than anything. It takes alot to get me scared.... eek.gif
Grey
QUOTE (phelious fogg)
The Lobby Now

Link is broken
phelious fogg
link fixed.. darn capital letters.
Grey
eek.gif Rawhide is leaving his little brother behind!? eek.gif
kevyn668
Fallon_Blackthorne Posted on Mar 5 2004, 01:45 AM
  I gots top give you props for the Trog w/ a minigun... in all my ten years of playin this game, that scared me more than anything. It takes alot to get me scared.... 

You too, huh? smile.gif

Initiative: 21
kevyn668
ya know, a Manabolt would come real handy with the trog...seeing as how he just shrugged off two deadly wounds...Don't everybody jump at once. smile.gif
Panzergeist
I'll fricking manabolt him next turn, when I'm in my body. I thought Fallon way playing a mage, so I figured there would be no problem with me stepping outside for a few seconds. So anyway, second phase, I assense the troll, look around outside, and head back to my body. 3rd and final phase, I'll re-enter my body. Then next round I'll rescue you mundanes from the big, scary troll.

And when you say I saw someone, do you mean the aura of a physical body, or an astral form?
Digital Heroin
He's not leaving Duke behind, as much as he's getting to the RV to save everyone's bacon... biggrin.gif
phelious fogg
@Panzer: I've edited the ICl post to include you entering your body, and you saw a physical form observing you on the astral.
Panzergeist
Wait, is this the end of the first initiative pass, or the entire turn?
Grey
Thats what I'm trying to figure out.

Anyhow, my initiative for next round is... 11! My highest possible smile.gif
kevyn668
I may have jumped the gun w/ initiative post. It may have just been the end of the first pass. oops
phelious fogg
Its a new Round of combat, I posted Panzers Third action as him slipping into his body. That finished up the round. thus the call for new inititives.
Panzergeist
Great, here's my new initiative: 7 I also shout a message to my teamates. (free action)
Bearclaw
Initiative is 12 (well, I actually rolled a 9, but since I lack the adreneline surge edge, I only get 6 smile.gif )

If the troll is still uninjured, the plan is still to hop to him, and hack the weapon. It appears that it's a lot easier to break the minigun than it is to break the troll. After that, I'm hightailing it out of range, following the others who are getting out of town.
Panzergeist
Okay, I'll post my action now, even though it will probably be the last one in the initiative pass. I'm going to hit the troll with a force 5 serious damage manabolt. Putting 3 spell pool into the sorcery test and 3 into the drain resistance test.
Sorcery, target number is the trog's willpower: 2 3 3 3 4 5 8 9 9
Drain resistance, target number 2: 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 9 11 Oh hell yes. No drain, and mondo successes on the sorcery. Say goodbye to your troll problem. Let's make sure to grab his minigun too, those things are great. Anyone else feel like rolling initiative? Speak now or forever hold your actions. I always wanted to say that.
Digital Heroin
Seems like someone's trying to railroad the game here... especially considering you don't know the Trog's willpower...

Rawhide's Initiative: 11
phelious fogg
Fallon's been slow for the reply so I rolled his inititive

Kyle 21
Wraith 18
Rover 12
Duke 11
Rawhide 11
Scuzzy 7

Thats the order you get to post in. Ill update everything as soon as everyone has an IC post

phelious fogg
Oh yeah, once I post the end of combat post in the future, Ill use the spoiler tag to post everyones new inititives, that way you can just post pretty quickly after
Panzergeist
Hey, I was asked to manabolt the troll 4 days ago, so I'm doing it.
Digital Heroin
That's not the point, you've already pretty much declared a sucess, forgetting once again you are not the GM of this game...
kevyn668
Lets dance.

1st shot: Base TN: 4, Smartlink (-2 to TN), No Recoil
Pistols: 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 9
Combat Pool (2 dice): 1, 4

2nd shot: Base TN: 4, Smartlink (-2 to TN), +1 Recoil (Canceled by Personalized Grip)
Pistols: 1, 2, 5, 5, 5, 5
Combat Pool (2 dice): 3, 4

Free Action: drop behind the couch.

Well, nothing to write home about, but in this case, I'm satisfied w/ mediocrity.
Panzergeist
I simply noted that I appear to have a high number of successes. What's wrong with being confident?
Digital Heroin
Ok, you've completely missed the point here... without knowing the TN you declared successes... are you psychic?
Panzergeist
Well, two of my rolls were nines. Do you think the troll could have a willpower of ten? I'm not missing the point; I understand what you are saying. I just don't see how I could not be successful, given that the troll is a sammy-type, obviously with a lot of stat points invested in physical stats, and therefore probably hasa willpower of 5 or less. Taking into account that my action will come after everyone else's, the troll will also likely take another wound before I cast that spell. Hence, my prediction of success is partially a vote of confidence in the rest of the team.
kevyn668
Okay, both of you to your corners.

Panzer: Stop playing GM.

DH: He did have a pretty good roll.

I like this run so far and I think this very well balanced team. Lets not spoil it. To quote Homer in his Parent Training: "Why don't we cut out the all the cussin' and the fightin'? "

nyahnyah.gif

ps. if either of you happens to be my GM in a different PbP game don't hold this against me smile.gif
Panzergeist
I don't GM online games, mainly because I don't know how to draw up maps like Phogg does. Yes, I know it's easy, I still can't do it. eek.gif
kevyn668
Its easy? Could've fooled me. I spent 3 hours trying to draw up diagrams for a work project before I busted out a ruler and some graph paper. biggrin.gif

It took me 20 minutes.
Digital Heroin
Try working with MS Paint, it's satanic...
Grey
Ok guys, I know that early on Panzer bugged a few of us with the way he handled himself, but I don't think he really knew what he was doing. Can I ask that we all try to get along and just play the game? Lets give eachother the benefit of the doubt, ok?
kevyn668
Posted on Mar 9 2004, 05:22 AM

Amen to that! And the same with WordArt. Those bastards should be dragged out into the street and shot!

Grey Posted on Mar 9 2004, 05:26 AM
  Ok guys, I know that early on Panzer bugged a few of us with the way he handled himself, but I don't think he really knew what he was doing. Can I ask that we all try to get along and just play the game? Lets give eachother the benefit of the doubt, ok? 

Agreed. smile.gif

Edit: So lets go kill that Trog!!
phelious fogg
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Mar 9 2004, 12:22 AM)

I do use paint, why because im lazy, I could use photoshop, or any of a dozen other programs (heck i could even 3d render everything) but in the end, if all you need is quick drawings Paint rocks. oooo boxes ans circles... oooo....

Anyways, I have a big messege too post once everyone gets there actions in for the round. Dont worry about skipping Fallon's turn IC, just post your action for the round and Ill keep the timeline straigt myself. (This is my first pbp game, so Im still learning the ropes)

So, from now on, id like combat to go like this:

At the end of every round, I post inititives in a spoiler tag, then everyone who has an action that turn can post it dont worry about initive order (if you want to wait for what other people do go ahead) In the OCC post any nessassary rolls. After everyone who can act on that initive pass posts, Ill put up an IC post and go to the next pass, If only one of you can act in the pass following the one we are in, feel free to post what you will do in that pass as an IC post, since it will save me a bit of time.

Also, Grey, can you send me a complete character sheet?

p.s. troll has 5 willpower, thats 4 sucesses not bad, you are lucky that this troll isnt the protype version, which has the magic resistance 4 edge. however he does have a mage provideing spell defence.
kevyn668

p.s. troll has 5 willpower, thats 4 sucesses not bad, you are lucky that this troll isnt the protype version, which has the magic resistance 4 edge.

Crap.

however he does have a mage provideing spell defence.

Double crap...

*emphasis mine
Panzergeist
Damn. I considered that possibility, but I figured if that mage outside were providing spell defense, he should also be using those elementals. Damn, damn, damn.
Bearclaw
QUOTE (phelious fogg)
@ Bearclaw:
Choping the Minigun? Lets see..
Base TN 4, + 4 Running, +4 Called shot, so we are looking at TN12 to hit it, and Ill assume that if you get a good swing in, your katana will probably mess it up really good.

OK, I hop over and attempt to disable the trolls weapon, then attempt to disappear into thin air. Unless of course he counterattacks, in which case I guess I'll go toe to toe with him.

Here's my roll. 9 dice, plus 3 combat pool.
21 14 05 05 04 04 03 02 02 02 01 01 #D:12 TN:12 HR:21 S:2

2 successes against a TN 12, not bad smile.gif
phelious fogg
Elementals do more than just fight for you. The can act as power foci! They can sustain spells for you. Elementals are your friends..
Panzergeist
Ah, spell sustaining, forgot that. You do remember that earth elementals can only provide aid sorcery and spell sustaining for manipulation spells, right? No offense, I'm just asking cause I've forgotten that myself a couple times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012