Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: What the Future Holds
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Grey
Called shot to the Trolls head at Init 11.

Pistols TN4, +4 Combat pool: 08 05 05 04 04 04 04 01 #D:8 TN:4 H#:8 S:7

w00t!
Panzergeist
If the decker outfights me in this, I'm going to be pissed. By the way, since we are posting our actions simultaneously now, if someone else kills my target before my combat phase, does that mean I've wasted an action?
Grey
I seriously doubt it. You could just shift the attack over to one of the Elementals or the Mage outside.
phelious fogg
Pretty much what grey said, however, if you want the IC posts to look better than a suddenly switched action, you could always say your character gathers mana blah blah blah, planning to unleash the magic at the troll. OR hoping to drop the foul demonchild with your wrath, or whatever. You dont have to directly say "I toss a Manabolt at the Troll."

Anyways, I need to make a graphic for whats outside the lobby again, that way the people in the parking garage can do what they need, and stuff.

@Grey: Isnt there a modifier for moving the round you are shooting? I seem to remember that you are popping up and ducking under your cover a lot.

TN 4 -2 smartlink + 2called shot +1 small movement
giving you three sucesses, still not bad.

Note to self: Really Really should have had bad guys use more grenades , and especialy smoke grenades.
Grey
I just looked it up, it is for if attacker is walking. In a gun fight it is assumed that your "normal" action is going to be hiding, poping out to shoot, then ducking back down. That is, unless you are a Troll who can get shot 10 times and not take a scratch.

Dude, I'm looking at the chart for modifiers and I may also get a -1 for him standing still. If he is moving I wouldn't get it, but from what you have described, he is just standing there mowing down the place.
phelious fogg
I didnt look anything up at the time, but now that I have, I have to admit you are right, hmmm... Well, in that case you did indeed get seven successes. damn.. poor troll. At least he gets to try and dodge. Poor poor troll.

nyahnyah.gif

I wonder why there isnt a penalty for your friends being in melee with people? Do you think Rover gives the troll partial cover? Guess not. Anyways. I hope to have the graphic up sometime tonight, as well as an update on the combat phase
Grey
I'm gunna laugh my ass off if Duke, the Otaku kid is the one to take out the big bad Troll with a Minigun! nyahnyah.gif

I'll laugh, but I'll also be really stoked.
Panzergeist
Goddamn. If Gray takes out that merc, I might just have to stop playing mages. Scuzzy doesn't even have a gun or gun skill. eek.gif I have to admit, the bullet ricocheting off the troll's head was one of the scariest RPG moments of my life.
kevyn668
phelious fogg Posted on Mar 9 2004, 04:22 PM
  Elementals do more than just fight for you. The can act as power foci! They can sustain spells for you. Elementals are your friends.. 

I believe that's a matter of perspective.... grinbig.gif
phelious fogg

Trolls Init : 6 + 06 04 04 = 20 (Darn, not quite fast enough)
Rover attacks Trolls Gun: 2 Sucesses
Troll tries to dodge (All 6 combat pool) 07 04 03 02 01 01 #D:6 TN:4 HR:9 S:2
Rover Misses, barely, but now Troll is in melee

Full auto on Rover (winces)
(All three round bursts)

Burst 1:
TN 4, +2 melee, -2 smartlink, +2 Medium Wound +3 recoil -3 Recoil Comp: Final TN 6
Heavy Weapons: 11 08 03 02 01 01 #D:6 TN:6 HR:11 S:2 for 11D

Burst 2:
TN 4, +2 melee, -2 smartlink, +2 Medium Wound +3 recoil -3 Recoil Comp: Final TN 6
Heavy Weapons: 05 05 05 04 01 01 #D:6 TN:6 HR:5 S:0 for nothing

Burst 3:
TN 4, +2 melee, -2 smartlink, +2 Medium Wound +3 recoil -2 Recoil Comp: Final TN 7
Heavy Weapons: 07 05 04 03 03 02 #D:6 TN:7 HR:7 S:1 for 9D

Burst 4:
TN 4, +2 melee, -2 smartlink, +2 Medium Wound +4 recoil: Final TN 10
Heavy Weapons: 15 08 05 04 04 03 #D:6 TN:10 HR:15 S:1 for 9D

Burst 5:
TN 4, +2 melee, -2 smartlink, +2 Medium Wound +7 recoil: Final TN 13
Heavy Weapons: 09 05 04 01 01 01 #D:6 TN:13 HR:9 S:0 For nothing.

Bearclaw: I'd Like some damage resistance Rolls for this, and to know if you want to use any karma pool. You are wearing form fitting armor and a secure longcoat, so its really 5D , 4D, and 4D. But with only 5 body, Im pretty sure thats going to hurt. If you have combat pool ready, I'd like to get some dodge rolls, that way you only need a few sucesses to get the heck out of the way.

Sorry I'm taking so long to put stuff up, I didnt expect the Troll to hit anything because of his medium wound.
kevyn668
I don't mean to go against my Gm but....didn't I have a higher Initiative than the troll? I had a 21, he had a twenty.

Of course, he's not shooting me so I'll happily abide by what ever decision you arive at in your gracious wisdom, sir. smile.gif
phelious fogg
Shoot, I got you and rover mixed up... um.. so you still get to shoot him. You are still using gel rounds?
1st shot: 6 Sucesses for 9D
minus armor trolls armor 4D
Trolls Resist: 20 08 07 05 05 04 04 04 03 03 03 02 02 02 01 01 01 #D:17 TN:4 HR:20 S:8
Takes no damage

2nd shot: 6 Sucesses for 9D
minus trolls armor 4D
Trolls resist: 11 09 07 07 05 05 05 04 04 03 03 02 02 02 02 01 01 #D:17 TN:4 HR:11 S:9
Takes no damage

So, for some reason Im now reducing the Trolls init, so that Rover could go first. So now the troll only has 12 init.

Wraith is running away to his car, so now we are at the end of the trolls turn, and hoping the Rover makes it through alive
kevyn668
I was using regular ammo. Duke is using Gel. I'll be better about details in the future. Sorry.
phelious fogg
Sokay, dont worry about it, doesnt change the rolls, since he has two more balistic than impact, and you get plus two power from not using gel. You get the same results.
kevyn668
Cool. cool.gif
Panzergeist
<---- Is really glad to have a rating 6 medkit and force 5 treat.

Okay, so it looks like this mage is in the fight after all, and we have to win fast so we can save Wraith. That is, assumming he doesn't take 18 boxes of damage, which seems likely. Fallon, please tell us you have a platelet factory?
phelious fogg
Wraith is runnning to his land rover, Rawhide to his combat wagon... er RV...

Rover is in melee with the Troll now.

[ Spoiler ]
Panzergeist
Oh, Rover. Okay, got them mixed up. Right, new plan, assuming Rover dies instantly, which looks likely: Everyone run for the garage. With Rawhide's recreational vehicle of doom and my ability to summon city spirits, a car chase should favor us. Rover, you have about 3 seconds to figure out which religion is the one true faith and convert to it. You'll be remembered as the most courageous cannon fodder we've ever met. wavey.gif
Digital Heroin
*urge to kill, rising*
Bearclaw
So, if I've got a plus 4 to my TN for running, shouldn't the person attacking me have the same plus 4? Normally I wouldn't ask, but as I'm plainly a dead man because I somehow missed the 5 foot long hunk of metal the troll is using to shoot me, I figured this would be a good time.

Here's my rolls as things stand:
11 08 04 04 03 03 02 02 01 01 #D:10 TN:5 HR:11 S:2
5 boxes

22 11 04 02 01 #D:5 TN:4 HR:22 S:3
5 more boxes, I'm down

11 02 02 02 02 #D:5 TN:4 HR:11 S:1
10 boxes of overflow, against a body of 5. I'm dead.

PS, since when do you get to dodge melee attacks?
phelious fogg
I always assumed you could dodge a melee attack if you didnt want to counter attack, it just makes sense to move out of the way. In any case, with the +4 Mod because you are running, you only get hit twice. Both times for 9D, each only having one success. Since you ahve 5 CP left Dodging would probably be in your interest.

Plus there is always the hand of god rule, so if you dont want to die you could use that.

So, because its full auto, the first burst will be easier to dodge than the second, alotting two CP to the first and 3 to the second we have the following rolls:
Dodge Test: 05 04 #D:2 TN:5 HR:5 S:1 so his first shot misses.
Dodge Test: 23 02 01 #D:3 TN:8 HR:23 S:1 so he misses again.
So now you dont have ot worry about damage.

Next we have Duke SHooting with 7Sucesses making 9D
5D after armor
Troll Resists: 11 05 05 04 04 04 04 04 03 03 03 03 03 02 02 02 01 #D:17 TN:5 HR:11 S:3
Ouch.. Um troll sucks ass.. takes a Severe wound.
Troll has one box left.

Scuzzy Manabolts Troll with 4 Sucesses
Trolls Resist: 09 05 04 02 01 #D:5 TN:5 HR:9 S:2
Spell Defence on Troll: 10 02 02 #D:3 TN:5 HR:10 S:1

Troll Dies a horrible Bloody death. Now to post the IC for this inititive pass.
Bearclaw
Thanks. I kinda like Rover. I"m not really ready to have him die yet biggrin.gif
Panzergeist
Wait, so now Rover is not screwed? Okay, that's cool. Finding Jesus has a base time of 40 days and 40 nights anyway. nyahnyah.gif Okay, so should we all run to the garage, or let Wraith and Rawhide pull around front and pick us up?
Grey
Well, there is still a Mage out front to deal with, isn't there?

P Fogg: Can you give us another updated map?
Panzergeist
Well, if we could just keep the mage occupied for a few turns, Rawhide could roll around and machine gun him. But with two earth elementals, that's not going to be easy. I think running to the garage would be safer.
phelious fogg
Current Lobby Picture, Includes bit of Garrage
Panzergeist
Okay, so are we doing the next initiative pass, or do we get a little break from the combat sequence for now?
Grey
I think we're in the next pass, I only took one of my actions so far.
Digital Heroin
Initiative: 8

Explosives, miniguns, and mages... oh my!
phelious fogg
Initiative Pass, so the new initives are ten less..

Kyles at 11
Wraith at 8
Rover at 2
Duke and Rawhide at 1
and Scuzzy is too slow nyahnyah.gif
Digital Heroin
Perception: 3,4,5,5,8

Firearms: 1,3,4

He's not going all the way up the ramp, he's just looking to have an escape route planned.
Panzergeist
Well, I still have my move action then, so I run to the southern stairwell.
Grey
Duke dives behind the desk where the secritary is and grabs a datacord and jacks in.

I'll assume I can't do anything this round, spending my time getting jacked in. Next round I'll have a bunch of stuff I'll be doing though. Mostly setting off all the security alarms and checking all the cameras, then taking control of doors and (if they have them) remote turret guns.
Bearclaw
Is some one going to clue the rest of us in on the guys planting bombs under us?
Grey
Duke will when he sees them on the cameras wink.gif
kevyn668
Kyle delays his action until Duke starts to move. Keeping the browning trianed on the doors, he covers Duke's passage to the desk and takes up an over watch position behing the desk w/ Duke and the secretary.

(Rawhide'll shoot me dead if I let his brother get geeked...)
Panzergeist
I'm going on a vacation tomorow and won't be back until next saturday, so I won't be able to post very often.
Bearclaw
Hey, does the dead troll right in front of me have any visable hand grenades?

If so, Rover will grab them and head out the front door, looking for a target.
Panzergeist
Theres a mage with 2 earth elementals out the front door, so I wouldn't recomend that.
Bearclaw
Rover's a guard dog with his hackles up. You guys are his team. He'll figure that if there's more out there, he'll keep their attention long enough that the guys coming the other way will deal with them. Also, I don't believe he knows about the other guys outside. If he does, he's gonna play kill the mage, and make the elementals go home.
Grey
Do any other icons (ie: enemy Deckers) show up with a passive sensor check?
kevyn668
Until Kyle knows about the mage, His only priority is to baby sit the decker smile.gif
Bearclaw
Well, it appears that Rover will attempt to avoid the elementals and separate the mages head from the rest.
kevyn668
He could also do some shouting....
Panzergeist
Okay, now I'm torn. Rawhide is up against 6 guys, while Rover is up against a mage and two rockmen. Who do I support? My inclination is to help Rover, since Kyle's gun won't be of much help against elementals. Maybe Kyle could help Rawhide then? We seem to be between a rock and a hard place. Anyway, I don't have my character sheet or dice with me, so I'll need you to roll for me Phogg. And could you please PM my spell list back to me?
Grey
Rawhide will be getting in his RV and blasting everyone to hell soon enough. wink.gif

Since Kyle said his action is to cover me, his action is used up holding, right? If so, we have new inits coming.

Matrix Initiative: 28

Sensors check to see if there are any other Deckers around (doesn't take an action): 17 05 05 05 04 04 03 03
Panzergeist
I'll need Phogg to roll initiative for me. I guess I'll try and cover Rawhide as he gets to the RV. Oh and Grey, remember to check the parking lot exit for tire spikes.
Panzergeist
Uh, bump? Anyway, I spend my move action running down the stairs. Then I'll probably cast some sort of spell, depending on how far that takes me.
Grey
P fogg: Where you at man?
phelious fogg
Sorry.. been busy with classes and appartment hunting... Ill put up a new post and new map tonight, I swear. Grey, no other decker is there at the moment, but you can see his tracks as clear as day. I've sort of been waiting for more IC posts, but that hasnt happened, and Fallon hasnt posted in a while.. Initiatives are as follows

Duke: 28
Wraith: 17
Kyle: 12
Rover: 12
Scuzzy:12
Rawhide: 11

Rover spends his last action to shoot the Mage, misses, and then a new init happens. Grey is up, the Trix is empty, not even the normal security decker shows up on your scanner, the system is almost crashed as is. Note, you dont have a legitimate account, so Im keeping track of security tally, not that it matters with the system mostly shut down anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012