Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: What the Future Holds
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Grey
Seriously? I don't have an account? I've been working there for a while, if they didn't give me an account, I would have made one for myself.

Anyhow, first thing I do is activate all alarms in the building, red alert for all security personel to get to the main lobby and garage. I also put a call through to Lone Star, calling for a bomb squad and spoof the call from the company's security department.
phelious fogg
Just because you work for them doesnt mean they trust you.. You guys are runners, just at thier beck and call for the moment.. I'm going ot have to read up on Otaku to figure out what rolls you need, but you shouldnt have a problem doing any of that.
Panzergeist
Can I get down the stairs and in view of those bomber guys in my first initiative pass move action, or will it have to wait for the second pass?
Panzergeist
Actually, killing the mage may well have been a job for a pistol, but it's a bit late for that now. Hope you have a lot of dodge dice.
Bearclaw
I'm pretty sure I'm a lot faster than them. I'm going to make a big circle, not run right between them or something clever.
Panzergeist
That might actually work. What's your quickness?
Bearclaw
Quickness is 7. Earth elementals are slow though biggrin.gif
Panzergeist
Yeah, earthies have (F-2) quickness and a 2x running multiplier, so you can run circles around them. Shouldn't be much trouble to get to avoid runni9ng within a meter of them. Just hope the mage doesn't blast you before you get to him.
Bearclaw
well, OOC, I'm more worried about the powers than the actual attack.
Grey
P Fogg: You still out there man?
Panzergeist
What, engulf? You mean you don't have the implant that lets you breathe gravel?
phelious fogg
Yeah still here.. its busy.. I have a deadline comming up, so I might not be around a lot this week.. Ill try to have a new post in around midnight tonight...
Panzergeist
He gave us initiatives, so we can all post our first pass actions now. I already said I was running down the stairs and holding my actions. A couple people haven't posted their actions yet.

Also, I'm designing a custom vehicle for another game, and I need to know how the final price is calculated. You multiply the design points by 100 nuyen, then multiply that by the markup factor from what I understand. Do you also have to multiply it by street index if you are getting the vehicle at character creation? And, do you have to use street index if you build it yourself in game? Also, could you tell me the cost of Heroin's custom-built RV for comparison purposes?
Panzergeist
I feel like that Twilight Zone character who was the only person on Earth. Better watch my glasses.
phelious fogg
So, once I have a clue what everyone is doing Ill post again.. Untill then Im waiting.. so far I have

Bearclaw attacks Mage and dodges Elementals
Panzer runs down stairs
Kyle watches over duke

No clue what Fallon, Grey, or DH have going on..
Grey
Are there any security messures that I could remote control? Remote turrets or the like?
Grey
lol, I just had an idea. I could hack GridGuide, turn on one of the cars in the garage and try to use the bad guys over with it. biggrin.gif

At this point, I'll likely just jack out. My main concern was getting the alarms goign to call all security to the lobby and to call the bomb squad.
phelious fogg
No remote turrets.. sorry, well at least no functional ones.
Grey
Perception check: 10 05 05 05 05 04 03 03
Panzergeist
Well, Fallon hasn't posted anything on any thread since March 9th, so don't hold your breath. If he doesn't come back by Sunday, we should probably just write him off. Heroin just posted his action IC, and presumably will post his pistols roll shortly. That just leaves Grey. I think we need a new rule so that gameplay won't be held up by a single AWOl runner. After someone doesn't post for a certain number of days, their actions should be considered held until they show up, or if it is not during combat, they should be considerd to just go along with the group. I think 2 days would be a good amount of time. That accounts for the possibility that someone may just be busy all day, so it shouldn't be too fast unless someone goes on a vacation. If they come back after 2 days, they can then take their held action, so they don't lose their action entirely unless initiative passes go past. Looking back on the thread, Fallon is the only one who was ever absent for that long, so it shouldn't be a problem for the rest of us.
Panzergeist
Oh, and one other thing: you haven't told me how far I was able to run. Do I get far enough to manabolt one of the demomen?
phelious fogg
Current Lobby / Garrage /Parking Lot

New inits.

Duke: Out of actions.. Jacked out.
Wraith: 7
Kyle: 2
Rover: 2
Scuzzy: 2
Rawhide: 1

I think I've got to autopilot Fallon again, but thats not a big deal. Ill post the next round of combat in a few minutes.

Rover dodges the two slow as hell elementals (no surprise) and they go astral again (again hopefully no surprise)

Rover runs into a barrier around the mage, thunk.

Fallon does something... (Does anyone mind if he gets killed off? would make things run smoother)

Im willing to agree with Panzers suggested house rule. If no one disagrees I can go with that. Main exception is weekends when I cannot always post myself.
Panzergeist
Uh dude, you still haven't answered my question about how far down the stairs I am able to get in one initiative pass. I didn't want to hold my action, I just couldn't take it until you told me whether or not I got far enough to see the enemies and manabolt one of them.
phelious fogg
Ill add the manabolt if you like to the IC post. Anyways you can get down to Wraith's car. I still have to add what Wraith is doing anyways.
Panzergeist
Okay, then I just run to the bottom of the stairs, manabolt the second enemy from the left, and stay under cover. The manabolt is serious damage, force 5. Putting 6 sorcery and 4 spell pool into casting, and the other 2 spell pool along with my 8 willpower into resistance. Casting : 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 9 11 11
Drain resistance: 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 7 9 10 No drain. That's one of the best spells I've ever cast. cool.gif
Panzergeist
I'll also use a free action to yell for wraith to wait for me. My 2nd pass action will be spent getting in the car.
kevyn668
I'm down w/ the house rule, especially if we don't count weekends. I have to do some traveling for work starting Saturday. I may not have acess to a computer until next Thursday. Is that cool? I REALLY like to not get killed off. So, waddya say? Hook me up? Please...?
phelious fogg
I wont kill ya off kevyn.. its just that our good friend Fallon's been gone for almost 20 days... thats a bit of an extended vacation. If you dont have a computer thats fine... I think Ill put it as three days though instead of just two.
kevyn668
3 non-weekend days works for me. Thanks for the pass. smile.gif
phelious fogg
Rover : Earth elemental Engulfs you
(Force - 2) + 4 Pool dice = 8 Dice
Engulf (TN4) : 09 05 05 05 02 02 02 01 #D:8 TN:4 HR:9 S:4
He uses his +1 reach to raise your target numbers by one.

Scuzzy : Goon shoots at you
Pistols(TN7 bad light + range): 07 07 05 04 03 01 01 #D:7 TN:7 HR:7 S:2
Its a 9M pistol.
Grey
QUOTE (phelious fogg)
Rover : Earth elemental Engulfs you
(Force - 2) + 4 Pool dice = 8 Dice
Engulf (TN4) : 09 05 05 05 02 02 02 01 #D:8 TN:4 HR:9 S:4
He uses his +1 reach to raise your target numbers by one.

Rover is using a Katana now, so their reach should cancel eachother out.
Grey
Duke calls a shot at the Mage's head, spends an action to aim, then fires.

Pistols + 4 combat pool: 10 08 05 04 04 03 01 01
phelious fogg
I know... but I figured Id mention it anyways.
Bearclaw
OK, 9 katana, plus 3 combat pool for 12 dice. My katana's +1 cancels his reach +1, so:

08 08 05 05 05 05 03 03 02 01 01 01 #D:12 TN:4 HR:8 S:6

I don't remember how damage against these guys works. If it's normal, I did 10S. If it's will, it's a 4M (I think).
phelious fogg
Actualy, the Elemental is still in Astral, It does however cancel his engulf. Which is the important part. Darn your really high melee skill.. Stupid elemental cant hurt you.. LOL
Panzergeist
Okay, I put 6 dice into dodge. 1 2 2 3 3 9 Damnit. Alright, secure jacket, resisting 4M damage. I put my remaining 3 dice into damage resistance, for a total of 8. 3 3 3 3 3 4 8 9 I take light damage.
Bearclaw
They don't have to materialize to Engulf? Crap
Panzergeist
Don't they have to materialize to use physical powers?
Grey
Well, considering that we were told we could see them, that means they were Manefested.
phelious fogg
They were supposed to be materialized. The idea behind them dissappearing was so that it owuld look cooler when they tried to engulf Rover. I changed the IC post to say Slide back into the ground as opposed to slide into the astral in order to reflect this.
Grey
Did my shot hit the Mage?
phelious fogg
Grey, you did hit the mage, and Ill put an IC post within a few minutes. That makes your 7M(stun) turn into 9S(stun) right?
TN to hit mage : TN4 +1range -1 aim +2 called shot -2 sl2 +4cover (Earth Elemental) = TN 8, you have two successes. Poor mage, he was just returning to his body. The two sucesses stage it up to 9D(stun)

Mage attempts to resist 9D (Armor doesnt apply, called shot)
(4Bod +4cp):09 08 05 05 05 02 01 01
Hehe, dead mage.. But at least the building is still going to explode.
Oh yeah.. test for rampaging elementals

Elemental 1:04 04 02 02 01 01 (Rampaging)
Elemental 2:03 02 02 01 01 01 (Rampaging)

Now you have two rampaing elementals to deal with, but they are only earth elementals, slow as hell so no big deal.

Meanwhile the goons are in a firefight with security.
Panzergeist
Alright, as I speed away in Wraith's Land Rover, I'm going to summon a city spirit. Force 3. Summoning: 1 2 3 5 9 9 Four successes. Drain: 1 2 2 4 5 9 No Drain.
Panzergeist
sleepy.gif
kevyn668
Relax, dude.
phelious fogg
The spirits doing the job you asked it too.. if you want it to relay messeges and such I leave it up to you to describe the spirit
Panzergeist
I put 2 sorcery and 2 spell pool into spell defense, with me, Wraith, the Land Rover, and the Rv as subjects. I cast force 3 Treat on myself. Target number 5, drain of 2L. 4 sorcery and 4 spell pool in casting, 8 willpower in resistance.

Casting: 2 2 2 4 5 5 9 9 one box of damage, healed in 2 combat turns.
Drain: 1 1 1 3 4 8 9 9 no drain

I ask Wraith if he is wounded.
kevyn668
I thought Wraith was sacrificed on the Alter of RolePlaying.
kevyn668
And I thought Wraith was a Mage.
phelious fogg
Wraith is alive as an NPC since Scuzzy is in his Rover, It just made things nice for the escape. He'll die or drive off in a bit once you guys figure out what you awnt to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012