Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under the Crimson Sun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
fistandantilus4.0
The half-elf looks hesitant and apprehensive, but finally nods. Fine ... but we should be going. It isn't well to dwell long in Shadow Square. There's a marker post, just out side the city. The Baazrag Stone, 'bout two miles out. I'll meet you there. He moves to leave.
SinN
Aust nods in aproval.

I will move as fast I can muster. And I thank you for your patience, good sir. I will see you there.

Aust waits for the man to leave, not wanting to take the chance. Once he's out of sight, he turns to his advisor.

Alright, if you have anything to do, you should do it now. Im going to pick up some extra water skins and our noble friend. Ill meet you at the estate in a half an hour?
Lady Door
Hukenna looks at him like he's gone mental. "WHAT noble friend, Aust? And don't even think about saying "You'll see." or I'm not coming. Understood?" She takes a step closer. "Just who do you think you're bringing?"
SinN
Aust grins and places a hand on her back, guiding her to follow him.

Ill be sure not to tell Urgos you forgot about him. Come along, we havent got much time.
Lady Door
Hukenna opens her mouth, then closes it with an audible snap, choosing instead to stare daggers at Aust. "Come along? ... Take your hand off me before I break it, you pompous... aaargh. You... you... are INSUFFERABLE." Hukenna straightens her shoulders and moves away from Aust's guiding hand. "Of course I didn't forget about Urgos. HE, at least, has the good sense to not refer to himself as Lord,... unlike some people I know."
SinN
As they walk, Aust speaks, more in humor than anything.

Well, I am a Lord, am I not? And arent you and Agis always telling me I need to act more like a noble, and less like a rogue? Really, Huukena. Would you make up your mind about me?
Lady Door
Hukenna's mouth twists in something akin to a smile, although her expression stays neutral. Instead of speaking, she gestures for Aust to lead on.

You know, sometimes... rarely... but, sometimes, Aust can be remarkably spot on. I suppose I am going to have to give him some slack. ... Although, he'll probably just use it to hang himself somewhere down the road. She sighs and follows after him.
SinN
Aust notices the expression, knowing he's just won the argument. But he decides not to torture her any longer and moves on.
We'll head to the estate. Im sure Urgos is out and about somewhere on our land.

He says in a low whisper to himself.By the spirits, I hope he's not trying to pretend the workers are his toys and make them fight each other again. They did NOT like that.

Aust decides it best to move a little faster and run to the estate.
fistandantilus4.0
Heading back out of the city-state, the duo eventually make the neighboring lands of Urgos Half-Noble, as he prefers to call himself these days. Or for the last week anyway. Like Aust's, the lands here have been left to fallow, allow the irrigation trenches have been well tended to, and the fields themselves plowed. Urgos does most of the work himself, having nothing better to do with his time. It's planting and tending he's not so good at.

Wandering the lands, the pair eventually find the large half-giant quietly regardign a boulder as if it has jsut made some very good point and he's considering a reply.
SinN
Aust aproaches Urgos.

Having a delightful talk my friend?
fistandantilus4.0
The half giant looks up surprised.
Huh?

Classic Urgos.
SinN
Aust laughs as he slaps Urgos on the back.

Hows your day Urgos?
fistandantilus4.0
The half-giant looks thoughtful, holding his chin and looking at the sky ... then the boulder ... then the sky ... then the elf ... the boulder ... the field. .. the sky ... the elf...
... Slow.
SinN
Aust looks at the sky, the boulder, Urgos, the sky again, and then Urgos again. Then shaking his head.

How would you like some adventure then? A treasure hunt?
Lady Door
Hukenna laughs, her face brightening into a rare true smile. She considers telling him to never change, but... it is Urgos and that would probably mean he would continue wearing the same worn loincloth till it fell apart. Which... he may just do anyway.

Instead, she just waves. "Hello, Urgos. Good to see you again."
fistandantilus4.0
Urgos looks at the boulder thoughtfully...

What kind treasure Delfie.

.... Delfie ... elfie .. two ...

HUKA!

With a cheer, the half giant rushes Huukena, intent on crushing her with a mammoth hug.
SinN
Aust quickly jumps out of the way, allowing the mammoth hug. Laughing as Huukena is gasping for air. He watches for a moment, content.

....Family.
Lady Door
"URGOS!" *cough*, *sputter* *gasp* "URGOS, I ... can't... breathe!" She pats his back with something akin to panic until he puts her down. For a moment, she just breathes and tests to see if her ribs are broken. Assured that they're not, she straightens her halter top and pats Urgos' arm. "Love you too." If you could love me a little less next time, that would be great...

She looks over at Aust and then back at Urgos. "Urgos, I think Aust's feelings are hurt because he didn't get a hug too."
fistandantilus4.0
The half -giant hesitates a moment, then turns to crush Aust with a "loving embrace"
Funny. Delfie not usually like big hugs. But Huka smart, she know better.
*crush*
SinN
Aust looks at her with wide eyes. Then back to Urgos.

No, No. Urgos Im quite alright. My feelings arent hurt at all. He backs away with his hands out.

After Urgos ignores his plea, Aust just stares daggers at Huukena while he attempts to breathe.

*Cough* *cough* Alright......Urgos. *Wheeze* Urgos! *Cough* Cough* Thank...you!
Lady Door
Hukenna just beams back at Aust. Huh. Didn't know someone's eyes could bug that far out of their head. Interesting. Finally, she steps over and pats Urgos on the back.

"Urgos, Aust is turning blue. Probably should put him down now. ... So, uh, what's with the rock?"
fistandantilus4.0
Urgos steps back, letting the elf back down, and giving him a "helpful" pat on the back that puts Aust on the ground.
The half giant helps him up while looking at Huukena.
Rock has bad attitude.

SinN
Aust coughs a minute.

What did it say today? Aust speaks as if this has happened before.
fistandantilus4.0
Urgos looks down at Aust blankly.
.... "Have a delightful talk my friend?" He looks confused.
SinN
Im the rock. Suiting.

He just smiles.

Well, how about that treasure? Shiny things out in the desert and all.
fistandantilus4.0
I dunno Delfie, lots to do here. Rocks need moved. Earth needs moved. Water needs moved. Lots o' stuff needs moved.
Roll Diplomacy
SinN
If this treasure hunt is successful, all the moving that we've done will pay off. Our lands will be green. What say you, my very large friend?

[ Spoiler ]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2553025/
fistandantilus4.0
'What say you? ' You talk funny.

Urgos come.

Urgos starts walking.
SinN
Aust chuckles. It doesnt matter what Urgos says to him, he can never get angry, or even annoyed with his Half-Giant brother.

Great. Now Jace said he would be around here somewhere. Im sure he's in his chambers, lets go get him, then meet our contact outside the city.
Aust is speaking to both Huukena, and Urgos.
Lady Door
"Actually, if you recall, our new-found friend left us at the Fountain. He had some sort of errand to attend too. Either we wait for him here or we continue into town, meet up with him on the road. I'm sure we managed to get back here before he could have. She eyes Aust and smiles innocently. "You'll find that city elves don't have the constitution to keep up with us tribe elves.
SinN
Aust looks at her curiously.

Is she drunk?

He decides that perhaps this is a rare moment of sincerity from his friend and Cheif, and shows a small grin to show his understanding.

Right. Well, then we'll just have to meet up with him. We dont have alot of time, and I dont want to keep our contact waiting too long. Ambush or no, there's no reason we can't be prompt.
Lady Door
Hukenna bites down on her bottom lip hard, stifling the sudden mad laugh that rises up at Aust's grin and nod. Oh, he thinks... cause I said... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... oh... that's classic.

She finally just nods. "If we're going to be heading into the desert to pick up an abandoned wagonload of steel... we should probably get some supplies... and maybe a wagon of our own. No telling if theirs is going to be serviceable or not." She ticks off the supply list on her fingers. "We're going to need water, food, replacement parts for the wagon, bandages, and some healing draughts... which I can procure. Think you can get the rest?"
SinN
Aust nods.

Shouldnt be a problem. All of the we have here. And with Urgos's help, It wont be hard to haul it.
Lady Door
Hukenna thinks for a long moment. "On second thought, the half-elf from the city said that we would most likely not need a wagon of our own. May just slow us down." She eyes Urgos. "I say we just get big guy over here a leather sack and call it good."
fistandantilus4.0
The half-giant nods.
Ya, I haul wagon and band-ages for pretty delfie Huka. No problem
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Thats settled. Lets gather it, and go.

Aust goes to get extra food, and water skins for everyone. Plus a few spare parts for a wagon, in case the one in the desert is broken, with a few tools neccessary for the fix.
fistandantilus4.0
urgos stops half way moving.
Wait ... no wagon ... Just sack? Do I still haul bandages? Confused. Pretty delfie, can you point where I go please?
SinN
Aust gives her a look of See what I have to deal with? Give it a shot.

We'll carry the bandages Urgos, you just worry about what you have.
fistandantilus4.0
The half giant looks down at his loin cloth and sandles, then back at the elf , then shrugs, looking content.
Lady Door
Hukenna smirks, "Urgos, would you mind carrying our supplies?" She hands him the leather sack. "Pretty Delfie over there will carry the wagon parts."
fistandantilus4.0
The half-giant gathers up the supplies. Thank the spirits that at some point the bright idea dawns on him to grab a weapon. He comes trudging back from the shed carrying an eight foot agafari dachi club lined with obsidian shards. The one thing he spent money on since becoming a "noble".

Got stick. Got sack. Got water. Got delfie. .... Got sandals. ... Got loincloth. ... Got..

He wanders a bit as he looks himself over.
SinN
Aust attempts to guide Urgos in the direction they need to go as he's going down his list.

This way Urgos. We have everything, I assure you.
fistandantilus4.0
Waystone Marker
Along the Tyr rode, there is little traffic. Most travelers have found other places to be, and most merchants other places to trade. With an ongoing war, and the iron mines closed, on top of all of the problems with the fields, there is little cause to travel to Tyr these days. The elves are waiting at the way post, along with Urgos the Half-giant, when the bard arrives, running easily down the road, apparently none the worst for the exercise.

Some time later, but still mostly on time, the half-elf rides up on a large black kank. He brings it to a halt about twenty feet away eyeing the half-giant and his miniature tree. With death branches.
SinN
Aust holds up a hand.

Relax friend. Meet Lord Urgos. My brother. He'll be a big help. And when it comes to anything not threatining us, he's harmless, I assure you.

Aust turns to Urgos.

Urgos, say hello to the half-elf.
fistandantilus4.0
Urgos starts to speak, then catches himself, then looks at Aust as if he just caught onto the trick Aust was trying to play on him.
HellO half-elf. Hehehee.... only half a' one ... hehe he winks at Aust as if sharing the joke, or trick, or whatever it is in his mind.

The half-elf looks oddly at the half-giant. He's offended sure, but he seems unsure about just what to do with that.
SinN
Aust, feeling a little embarrased, hushes Urgos. In a whisper:
No Urgos. We dont speak that way to anyone. Okay? He's half, just like you. And we dont say mean things to you do we? I expect you to apologise and show manners. Am I clear?

He turns to the half-elf.

Im sorry for him. He's not quite....well. You understand, dont you?
Lady Door
Did he really just call him "half-elf"? She sighs.

"Forgive me, friend, but it seems our manners have escaped us. You have our names, but we do not have yours. You are... ?" Hukenna shoots Aust a look that says "Gee, THAT was hard. Maybe we should have done that instead of calling him Half Elf!" (It's an expressive look.)
fistandantilus4.0
A fit pair those two are. I am called Dargo. And we should be going. They waste time and breath, while we cook out in the sun. There is shelter from the high sun near some cliffs , only a few hours from here. If your two 'nobles' will deign to get moving that is.

Unsurprisingly, his tone is much less respectful, nwo mroe gruff and straightforward, like a guardsman or campaigner would be.
SinN
Aust buries the desire to punch the man senseless, or let Urgos. Deciding that he's worth more alive and with his tongue not cut out. Instead, he nods to the man with a straight face.

Certainly Dargo. Lead the way, if you could be so kind.

Once they start walking, he moves closer to Huukena to whisper to that only they can hear.

Make sure I dont get to close to our Dargo friend here. I just may slit his thoat on impulse.

His tone is part joke, part serious.
Lady Door
Hukenna smiles at Dargos companionably before pulling Aust back a few steps. Once the guardsman is out of earshot she whirls on Aust, speaking in a furious whisper.

"Listen, I understand your mistrust of Dargos, but... by the Spirits, Aust. You called him a "half-elf"... TO. HIS. FACE. Do you really think he's going to be sunshine and light after that? How would you like if he called you "Tribe-less"... it'd be like rubbing salt into an open wound and you know it. Now, please... try and remember that he MAY be leading us into an ambush. Let's not anger him excessively in the meantime, shall we? Hukenna sighs. "I know this is hard for you. I know this isn't what you wanted to do nor did you ask for it... but, this is your... OUR responsibility now... and we must carry it, no matter how heavy a burden it becomes." She reaches for his hand and presses her fingers against his before letting her hand fall away.

"Let's catch up. Who knows what Jace could be telling him."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012