Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072: Table Talk
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Red_Cap
Created an account at IC, same as my account now here: Red_Cap

2 hits to avoid gunfire. Zing!
Combat Mage
I already have an account at Invisible Castle, my account name is: Elfsam.

Reaction roll to avoid the bullet: 4 Hits
Aria
QUOTE (unsound @ Jul 30 2010, 07:08 AM) *
I know that I myself like to tweak characters long after I've made them, so I've taken the liberty of rolling everyone's status back from finalized to approved. You have one month to settle into your character and figure out any changes you want to make before they become finalized again. smile.gif

I'll change Silk's pacifist quality for Enemy -5BPs (Deep Watch Merc Outfit...killed her Mum...more to come on that in Emerging Conflict...drum rolls please)

Will check out Invisible Castle that everyone is talking about...I've just been using an htm page for die rolls until now...

A

EDIT: ok I have an Invis account called Aria...hopefully that will be enough info so i don't need to link anything...

Back to reading all the IC posts...you lot are the most prolific writers I've seen yet smile.gif
AStarshipforAnts
I've got an IC account under the name 'AStarshipforAnts'.
Suicidal Street Sam
Just as a quick heads-up, if you guys go view your profile on invisible castle (upper right, below your name), and then once on the profile page view your "rolls in the roller" (assuming you have any), it should take you to a page which displays all your rolls...which you can then copy the link to and place in your dumpshock signiture. Should make it easier for unsound.

EDIT:
Also, while playing around looking at some of your profiles and dice rolls, I noticed (and had not before) that you can format your dice rolls.
"Xd6.hits(5)" will display the hits you get, rather than the sum of your roll. So...yeah.
Karoline
QUOTE (Suicidal Street Sam @ Jul 30 2010, 10:41 AM) *
EDIT:
Also, while playing around looking at some of your profiles and dice rolls, I noticed (and had not before) that you can format your dice rolls.
"Xd6.hits(5)" will display the hits you get, rather than the sum of your roll. So...yeah.

Yep, got to love that. You can also do multiple rolls in various different ways. Check out above where I did all my Data Search checks, that was all one roll.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jul 30 2010, 02:58 PM) *
Yep, got to love that. You can also do multiple rolls in various different ways. Check out above where I did all my Data Search checks, that was all one roll.

Since IC says it's based off the OpenRPG roller, I tried a little trick that d6 games used. I tried to see if rolling 10D6 would automatically reroll 6's (for Edge tests, natch) like in Web/OpenRPG, but alas that was not the case.
AStarshipforAnts
Doc, you do realize that I'm going to have to start being the peanut gallery in your Caracas game now, right?
Doc Chase
Talk to Abschalten, not me. nyahnyah.gif I'll be making a goon or a campaign for this one in time - Just not at this moment.
AStarshipforAnts
Whatever you say, Doc. wobble.gif
Combat Mage
Quick starting money roll: (4d6 + 10) x 100
4d6 = 13 + 10 = 23 -> 2300 Nuyen
Abschalten
Just a heads up here. I'm still interested in this thread but I'll be less active until mid-next week, when I'm done with papers and final exams and whatnot. I still want to play out Ultima, and I also may start GMing some scenes for other players who are as of yet not in the middle of anything. Expect to see me more active by Wednesday or so.
Suicidal Street Sam
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Jul 30 2010, 10:11 AM) *
I tried to see if rolling 10D6 would automatically reroll 6's (for Edge tests, natch) like in Web/OpenRPG, but alas that was not the case.

Xd6.hitsopen(5,6). Boom, baby.
unsound
QUOTE (Abschalten @ Jul 30 2010, 12:56 PM) *
Just a heads up here. I'm still interested in this thread but I'll be less active until mid-next week, when I'm done with papers and final exams and whatnot. I still want to play out Ultima, and I also may start GMing some scenes for other players who are as of yet not in the middle of anything. Expect to see me more active by Wednesday or so.

We'll still be here when you get back. Good luck with your schoolwork. smile.gif

To all parties at the Penumbra: we are beginning a new combat turn. Please roll Initiative and post your actions. There are currently 3 mafia goons still standing.
Combat Mage
Initiative: 13 Base 6 Hits
6 + 13 = Initiative 19 (3 IPs)

Complex Action: Cast Lightning Bolt Force 7 (Less effective than direct combat spells and more drain but I'm a sucker for special effects, I want fireworks at this party wink.gif) at one of the still unharmed mafiosi.
4 Hits

Drain: 6 P
4 Hits -> Silver receives 2 P from Drain
Red_Cap
Initiative: 5 hits. 9+5 = 14 (1 IP)

Simple Action: Quick Draw 2 hits (succeeds w/QD holster)

First shot at one of the unharmed goombas: 3 hits

Simple Action: Second shot at same goon: 3 hits

. . . . none too impressive. Hrrrrmmm. But semi-auto on a revolver? Still nice.
Suicidal Street Sam
Init: 9+2 Hits =11. I'll be going last, then.

Aiming at the closest mafioso who presents any threat. 3 Hits.
unsound
Combat Mage's target is fried to a crisp, Red_Cap's target takes one box, and Sam's target takes five boxes. Red_Cap's target returns fire, scores 0 hits. Sam's target returns fire, scores 1 hit. Sam needs to roll dodge, then we initiate IP2.
unsound
By the way, Aria, that's some kick ass artwork you've got there on your deviant page. smile.gif
Red_Cap
QUOTE (unsound @ Jul 30 2010, 02:52 PM) *
Combat Mage's target is fried to a crisp, Red_Cap's target takes one box, and Sam's target takes five boxes. Red_Cap's target returns fire, scores 0 hits. Sam's target returns fire, scores 1 hit. Sam needs to roll dodge, then we initiate IP2.

. . . but I didn't roll damage. If you did, did you remember to include the +1 DV mod and +2 AP mod from my hollow points?
Combat Mage
What do you mean by rolling damage? Damage isn't rolled there's only a damage resistance roll and that's the GM's job to make for his NPCs.
unsound
QUOTE (Red_Cap @ Jul 31 2010, 05:23 AM) *
. . . but I didn't roll damage. If you did, did you remember to include the +1 DV mod and +2 AP mod from my hollow points?

Didn't know you were firing hollow points, goon is now at 5 boxes of damage.
Mister Juan
@unsound
Would you allow something a little outside of the normal Shadowrun box? Like, a PC who's a cop?
Karoline
My TM is nearly done, but I have to go fairly soon, so likely won't post till tomorrow. Biggest problem is trying to have skills nyahnyah.gif Most of my BP is going into resonance/CFs/living persona stats.
Red_Cap
QUOTE (Combat Mage @ Jul 31 2010, 03:50 AM) *
What do you mean by rolling damage? Damage isn't rolled there's only a damage resistance roll and that's the GM's job to make for his NPCs.

That son of a bitch. I know a lot about the universe, but my grasp of the rules is still tightening because I've only been able to play a couple of times, and the GM who ran all of those games made us roll dice equal to DV+net hits on the attack test to determine damage. I just flipped back through the combat section of my 4A PDF and found out that Rick's a huge docuhebag and made me look like an idiot.
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (Red_Cap @ Jul 31 2010, 04:37 PM) *
That son of a bitch. I know a lot about the universe, but my grasp of the rules is still tightening because I've only been able to play a couple of times, and the GM who ran all of those games made us roll dice equal to DV+net hits on the attack test to determine damage. I just flipped back through the combat section of my 4A PDF and found out that Rick's a huge docuhebag and made me look like an idiot.

You do realize that there's only one thing you can do about this, right?
Red_Cap
I know where he lives, but I'm currently deployed to Iraq, which makes anything other a scathing email right impossible at the moment.
AStarshipforAnts
Then a scathing email will have to do for now, sir.
unsound
Now now kids, I know we're all playing a game where we shoot people in the face for money, but wanton application of violence is not always the answer to our problems. spin.gif

QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 31 2010, 01:17 PM) *
@unsound
Would you allow something a little outside of the normal Shadowrun box? Like, a PC who's a cop?

All I care about is that you play a character you're invested in...one of the benefits of playing in an open-ended world instead of a structured mission is that there's room for characters of all hats. smile.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (unsound @ Jul 31 2010, 02:55 PM) *
Now now kids, I know we're all playing a game where we shoot people in the face for money, but wanton application of violence is not always the answer to our problems. spin.gif

All I care about is that you play a character you're invested in...one of the benefits of playing in an open-ended world instead of a structured mission is that there's room for characters of all hats. smile.gif

I'll start working on something then.
Suicidal Street Sam
QUOTE (unsound @ Jul 31 2010, 02:55 PM) *
Now now kids, I know we're all playing a game where we shoot people in the face for money, but wanton application of violence is not always the answer to our problems.

Indeed. Often, you need a directed application of violence. It's no good if you don't hit your target!

4 Hits on that Dodge.
Suicidal Street Sam
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 31 2010, 01:17 PM) *

Do it.
Abschalten
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 31 2010, 02:17 PM) *
@unsound

You're only allowed to do it if he's as fucked up and tormented as Dexter is. smile.gif
Suicidal Street Sam
And, 3 Hits on a returned fire.
Suicidal Street Sam
QUOTE (Abschalten @ Jul 31 2010, 07:13 PM) *
You're only allowed to do it if he's as fucked up and tormented as Dexter is. smile.gif

Actually, I think it could be a cool narrative--he has to investigate all the shit that we end up doing, gather evidence and try to catch us and the like. That way, we get to see the other end of what we do through the eyes of his cop.
Abschalten
Oh, I agree it would be a cool narrative. I was just giving Dexter a sideways compliment on his writing. He really knows how to put human misery and heartache down in words. Makes for really compelling reading.
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (Abschalten @ Jul 31 2010, 09:13 PM) *

Seriously. A couple of posts from Dexter's point of view almost made me cry.
Combat Mage
Casting Heal Force 4: 3 Hits

Drain:3 Hits

Drain is Damage Value -2 so I don't know yet how much Silver takes.
Suicidal Street Sam
Oh, we're talking about Mister Juan's Caracas character. Sorry, totally my bad. I heard "Police officer" and "Dexter" and immediately thought of blood-splattered sociopaths with a penchant for seran wrap.
Aria
QUOTE (unsound @ Jul 30 2010, 10:05 PM) *
By the way, Aria, that's some kick ass artwork you've got there on your deviant page. smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

A
unsound
Talavera, are you interested in writing for 2072? If so, give me a heads up so I can add you to the gamer roster. smile.gif
Mister Juan
Wow. Seriously you guys.... thanks for all the compliments! I'm sort of blushing over here.
Mister Juan
And now I almost feel nervous because of you nyahnyah.gif
unsound
Happy Monday, all! We've survived our first week, free karma and nuyen for everybody! smile.gif
Doc Chase
Hmm. I think I'll have to plug some numbers and create 'Otto Matah', an AI Face that emerged from motivational speaking software and resides in an emotitoy.

Barring that, I could always put him in an iBall and have him emerge from crime scene analysis software...
Combat Mage
It would be cool if I could get a confirmation if the waiter is dead and if not what his wound levels are for drain , so I can write my next IC post.
unsound
Gotcha covered! The barback is not dead, but he is at ten boxes of damage with 2 overflow, so he's pretty damn close.
Combat Mage
Outch! That means the drain of Silver's Heal Spell is 10 (Drain is listed as: DV -2. It's the targets damage value -2 right? Or the healed damage value -2?).
So he takes 7 Stun which knocks him down, but the barback is down to 9 boxes and should be stabilized.
Suicidal Street Sam
Good job, Mage! You've just saved a fine member of society!
unsound
Silver has earned himself a brand new street contact (Loyalty 1, Connection 2).

Edit: Yeah, drain is target's DV - 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012