Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Puyallups IV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Redjack
Sorry for the disappearing act. I wanted to post in some larger posts and literally just haven't had the time to sit down and focus to make posts. As you might have seen, I've almost disappeared from the board except for support issues. I'm holed away waiting for a disk array to build so I think I'll try to sneak in a post now.

-RJ
Redjack
Restaurant on Google

EDIT: Right now the team is about 43 minutes behind Jazz on the clock. I'd like to expidite catching you all up. What questions do you have?
Saytr
-security astral and physical. How many visible to the mundane and are there wards or watchers around.
-routes and auras key personnel like the hostess and waiter and any obvious security personnel to look for flaws or identifying marks.
-observe any routines to see if they are getting ready for a big event or galla or something that we might be able to disguise ourselves as.

just a few quick questions lol.
Thanee
I'm waiting a bit for the others then and in the meantime think about whether I want to break in now and prepare everything with backdoors and user accounts for a quick entry on friday, or wait until then. Since the system probably isn't maintained regularily, I think it will be the first. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
Did Kit see any thing out of the ordinary on her astral fly by of the neighborhood during the ride over?

if not all make a throw away comment about it next post.
SleepIncarnate
Sorry I haven't been checking the forums guys, I have less than a week here in my deployment, today is the last day of classes for this session and I had 2 very work intensive classes this time around. Also, issues back home trying to resolve where I'll be living when I get back and if I'll have any stuff (there was a glitch in the autopay for my storage shed and autopay got turned off, they're threatening to start auctioning off my stuff). Needless to say, it's been hectic. Things should be calmed down in about a week. Looks like I didn't miss much anyway. Still waiting on us to arrive at the restraunt.
Redjack
I surmised from the OOC that Kit and Revan wanted astral recon. Made an IC post to that end.

QUOTE (Saytr @ Feb 12 2011, 02:40 PM) *
-security astral and physical. How many visible to the mundane and are there wards or watchers around.
-routes and auras key personnel like the hostess and waiter and any obvious security personnel to look for flaws or identifying marks.
-observe any routines to see if they are getting ready for a big event or galla or something that we might be able to disguise ourselves as.

Who all will be walking around (perhaps into the restaurant) to gather these details?
Thanee
Not me. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
myself and someone mundane who knows security.
Redjack
Hmmm... This game is stagnating. I'm two months without an IC post for either JM or Kit as well as 2 and 3 weeks (respectively) since OOC posts from their players. I'll work up an IC post including those two and get us back to something like a 1/week post rate.
Saytr
sounds good, Look forward to it.
SleepIncarnate
And I'm back home and finally settled in (mostly). Ready to get back to playing, but looks like there's not much for Jenny to do at the moment, RJ got me covered. Thanks Jack
Redjack
Feel free to add a post anytime
Redjack
Worked around 70 hours last week and that was just my day job... Times like this days blend together and I look at the board and stare in literal disbelief that my last post was 13 days ago... I have one more bubble to get through and then life should return to normal..
cndblank
No problem
Thanee
Good luck with that bubble then. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
In the middle of a post as I wait for details of the latest system's crisis. Hopefully I will get it done in bit. wink.gif
Redjack
As you might guess, the day fell apart and I lost the partial post. Starting again.
Redjack
@Jake
Logic(4) + Physical Security(1) [5,1,4,6,2] = 2 hits;
[ Spoiler ]

@Jenny
Intuition(4) + Perception(2) + Actively Looking(3) + Enhanced Perception(3) + Partial Light/Low-light(0) [1,5,6,3,5,5,6,4,3,3,4,4] = 5 hits
[ Spoiler ]

@Jazz
Intuition(4) + Security Systems(4) [1,3,4,6,6,3,2,5] = 3 hits
[ Spoiler ]

Thanee
What "security footage" are we talking about here, exactly? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Jake's drones.
Thanee
Ah, figured I had missed something... smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
*check pulse* Hmm.. Weak. Very weak. Let's try to keep a 1/week post rate please.
Redjack
Not sure what I need to do to stimulate this game...?
Thanee
Well, I was mostly waiting, because I was ahead of the rest a bit. smile.gif

But I guess I can start with some hacking and backdoor creation and such...

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Pulls out defibrillator. Ok, recon team: Let's post in, either OOC or IC with ideas, questions or next steps.... Or I take more dramatic, evil-GM measures.....wink.gif
Thanee
I have enough free time over the eastern weekend, so I can do some of the hacking work now. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
OK.

I'll post tonight
cndblank
Not much of a post but I'm open to suggestions
Redjack
Conversation is going good. With no NPC's and the team in a virtual planning session, not much for the GM to post in. Let me know what I can do to keep the flow of the game.
SleepIncarnate
Just a quick heads up to let you guys know I'll probably be quiet after this week for a week or two. Separating from the military this week and leaving next week to drive cross country visiting family and so on until I get settled in my new home. Shouldn't be too much change in my posting (since Jenny really doesn't have much to say at this point), but just letting you know just in case.
Thanee
Still looking at creating backdoors and stuff... gonna have to refresh my reading of Unwired a bit before I can go at it, though. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
We seem to have really stalled out again. I was traveling last week and I know kvasac has been out for a little over a week, but only SleepIncarnate has posted IC..... I'll wait a few days and then kick up the fire. :evilGMgrin:
Thanee
Yeah, sorry, really havn't gotten anywhere here, yet. smile.gif

I'm going on vacation next week (for two weeks), but will very likely have internet access there.

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
I look forward to getting this game going again. I need to find out how well my Dwarf mojo works out.
cndblank
Ditto here.
SleepIncarnate
I'm still in transit cross country, will be moving into my new house on Friday, so likely be sometime late next week before I'm properly settled in with all my stuff delivered and have reliable internet access and so on. That and this is my last week this term for classes so gonna be spending the weekend finishing up assignments like my term paper and getting them submitted. But yeah, looks like most of us have somethin going on too.
cndblank
I'm looking forward to this too.

When are we going to get started?
Redjack
Sorry guys. The creating juices have been stalling on this game. Let me try to work up a bigger, fast forwarding post to try to breath some life here.
Thanee
Sorry, I'm currently on vacation and therefore only half-present. smile.gif

Jazz still wants to install a backdoor for easy re-entrance, but she doesn't want to do that too early, so not to give them too much of a chance to notice it before the run.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Ok, I have set down no less than four times to create a post and I realized the issue. Each time, I tried to post, I would try to make assumptions about the actions of the characters. Rather, here is what I propose. Each player write a fast forward post for their character. Take it to noon the next day. Given us a glimpse into your character, without taking excessive liberties with NPCs - though I know you will need to take some to create the post.

If you want to validate something for that post, lets talk about it here. Assume Jake drops everyone off. How does that sound?
Thanee
Sure, why not. smile.gif

Jazz will likely not do anything run-related before wednesday, anyways, so there won't be much validation needed.

Wednesday night, she will hack in and install a backdoor (assuming there is anything useful to be accessed from the Matrix) in preparation for thursday night, when we will have to make the switch.

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
I think revan will probably prepare for the night, talk to raven about some summoning materials and try sit down to summon, will look up details and hit them to you in a pm.
SleepIncarnate
Jenny will mostly just be getting ready for her dinner the next night, probably sleeping until late morning.
cndblank
QUOTE (Saytr @ Jun 9 2011, 03:22 AM) *
I think revan will probably prepare for the night, talk to raven about some summoning materials and try sit down to summon, will look up details and hit them to you in a pm.

Ditto for Kit.

She would also want to get a feel for the neighborhood so she could blend in. Maybe fly by there as a raven.

Redjack
Thanee
I had to go back a re-read the posts and it appears I created a communication issue. I presumed you to hack the Tea Haus (the proxy relay) in order to route your traffic through a node to thwart traces. I read now that you interpreted my posts as the restaurant node, instead of the Teas Haus. Let's do this: Run me another set of hacking rolls. We'll let the Tea Haus hacking stand proving you a relay and run the probing of the restaurant during the fast forward. Sound good?
Redjack
Ok. Posts for Revan & Kit tomorrow.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jun 16 2011, 06:57 AM) *
Thanee
I had to go back a re-read the posts and it appears I created a communication issue. I presumed you to hack the Tea Haus (the proxy relay) in order to route your traffic through a node to thwart traces. I read now that you interpreted my posts as the restaurant node, instead of the Teas Haus. Let's do this: Run me another set of hacking rolls. We'll let the Tea Haus hacking stand proving you a relay and run the probing of the restaurant during the fast forward. Sound good?

Yeah, I was somewhat wondering where that Tea House came from in that last post. smile.gif

So, that comment about the lack of security came from there and not from the restaurant?

Probing the target (going for full Admin Access / +6 hits required)

Hacking (Exploit) 6 (+2) + Exploit 6 (w/ Reality Filter running) + 2 (VR)

Hacking + Exploit 4 hits (1st hour)
Hacking + Exploit 5 hits (2nd hour)
Hacking + Exploit 5 hits (3rd hour)
Hacking + Exploit 1 hit (4th hour)
Hacking + Exploit 4 hits (5th hour)

(Forgot to reduce the dice pool by one each time, but the hits are correct either way; removing dice from the back only gets non-hits).

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr @ Jun 9 2011, 04:22 AM) *

OOC or PM, whichever.
Redjack
Thanee

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 16 2011, 12:27 AM) *
So, that comment about the lack of security came from there and not from the restaurant?
Correct. Post is updated. 3 hours of probing. At this point, you found a hole, but have not used it. Post way!

All

I hope those posts provide some flavor and are in line with my understanding of your characters.. or their negative qualities (as the case may be). It took me a while, but I'm feeling my mojo with this storyline again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012