Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Puyallups IV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Redjack
Alrighty. I'll write you in soon. I owe the thread an update first, so may take until tomorrow night.
DaedalusK71
Take your time. Like you said, in for the long haul...
Redjack
Long weekend with scouts, working on posts now.
Redjack
QUOTE (DaedalusK71 @ Jan 4 2012, 03:01 PM) *
08 Whips 4

Should ready 08 Whips R2
Redjack
Neimand Contacts

Burkhard [ C2/L2 ] Bouncer/Street Contact
Burkhard is a dwarf currently working as a bouncer at The Lederhosen, a club ran by a family of German immigrants to Seattle in the Parkland Neighborhood near Loveland. Burkhard was also born in German, moving to Seattle nearly a decade ago.

Raven [ C2/L1 ] Talismonger
See Dumpshock Datahavens Issue #2
Needing access to magical supplies once in Seattle, Neimand connected with Raven. Through Raven, Neimand was introduced to Kilroy.

Kilroy [ C3/L1 ] Fixer
Kilroy operates mostly in southern Seattle, primary in the Puyallup Barrens, which is ironic since he only meets in the matrix. The, or at least a, fixer named Kilroy first appeared in the early 50's building crews out the Puyallups, many from the plethora of gangs. In the early 60's, he ran afoul of the Yakuza and was reported dead. In '68, he , or someone using the name, appeared/reappeared on the scene.
For Neimand, recently arrived in Seattle, he has recently been able to make a connection with the Fixer.

Erik Mueller [ C2/L2 ] Slumlord
Erik owns a number of crappy apartments and run down houses in the Puyallups and is known also to have access to lower quality safe houses.
Neimand met Erik at The Lederhosen and has done some work warding places for Erik in exchange for room.
Redjack
Initiative roll for Niemand please.
Redjack
Kit: Charisma(7) + Con(1) [1,3,2,2,3,1,3,5] = 1 hit
Revan: Charisma(5) + Defaulting(-1) [3,1,3,1] = Critical Glitch

I need to know if Revan let's this stand or spend precious edge here...
Thanee
I have added multiple actions together in my last post to speed things up a bit. smile.gif

Three things, that Jazz will do on her scouting trip:

1) Check, where the datastreams are coming from, and whether she will be able to access the sensors from there.

Do you need any further rolls for this?

As an alternative, intercepting and editing the traffic would probably also work, I guess.

2) Create a backdoor (hidden admin account) to be used for quick access on the actual run night; she will create another legitimate account for the tampering then, the backdoor ist just the means to get back into the node without further hacking.

Unwired p. 97

First step is creating a legitimate account (a simple Software + Edit test, since I have the necessary privileges for this action and don't need to hack it).

-> Software + Edit 3 hits

Second step is hiding the account (an extended Hacking + Stealth (Firewall, 10 minutes) test).

-> Hacking + Stealth (extended) 3 hits

Takes 20 minutes for 6 hits (which should suffice, I suppose).

3) Edit the system log to remove her traces.

I cannot find any specific rules about this in SR4A (in SR4 it was on p. 225).

-> Data Search + Browse (extended) 2 hits
-> Data Search + Browse (extended) 4 hits (and barely not a Glitch wink.gif)
-> Hacking + Edit 4 hits

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
Lol seriously glitch on a chr test history in the making let it stand I might need it later smile.gif
DaedalusK71
Initiative (6d6.hits(5)=2) = 8
Redjack
Initiative

Thug #1: 13(1)
Burkhard: 12(1)
Thug #2: 10(1)
Neimand: 8(1)

Much to your benefit, I break movement down in 3x 1 second movement passes in a combat turn... so while the thugs and Burkhard have gained actions, they can only use 1/3 of their movement (while holding those actions) before Neimand gets to act, so Neimand is up.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jan 17 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Much to your benefit, I break movement down in 3x 1 second movement passes in a combat turn...

You mean, even if there is only one pass in the round?

Because otherwise that seems exactly how the system works normally (movement is spread out over the IPs).

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Sorry for the delay in reply. Taken a few days to go through this around a very busy schedule.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 12 2012, 04:10 AM) *
I have added multiple actions together in my last post to speed things up a bit. smile.gif
Always much appreciated! biggrin.gif
1) Check, where the datastreams are coming from, and whether she will be able to access the sensors from there.

Do you need any further rolls for this?

As an alternative, intercepting and editing the traffic would probably also work, I guess.
With admin access, you pretty much have the rights to do it so choose one of the following:
1) Trace the sources: Software + Tracking
2) Intercept and analyze: Software + Sniffer then software + analyze
3) Matrix Perception Test: Computer + Analyze

First step is creating a legitimate account (a simple Software + Edit test, since I have the necessary privileges for this action and don't need to hack it).
-> Software + Edit 3 hits
What access level is this new account?

Second step is hiding the account (an extended Hacking + Stealth (Firewall, 10 minutes) test).

Takes 20 minutes for 6 hits (which should suffice, I suppose).
Done

3) Edit the system log to remove her traces. ...
-> Data Search + Browse (extended) 2 hits
-> Data Search + Browse (extended) 4 hits (and barely not a Glitch wink.gif)
-> Hacking + Edit 4 hits
Done
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 18 2012, 06:14 AM) *
You mean, even if there is only one pass in the round?

Because otherwise that seems exactly how the system works normally (movement is spread out over the IPs).
I removed the inconsistent relationship of movement to action. Now, there are always 3 passes in one combat round, each one second in length (still yielding a 3 second combat turn). Now, you still accrue one action per pass, holding until spent up to your maximum number of action passes (1 pass is still one pass per combat turn). Under the old interpretation, if everyone had only one pass the first guy could cover 3 seconds worth of movement then act before anyone else could act. Under my interpretation, he gets 1 second worth of movement then actions begin to accrue.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jan 21 2012, 04:33 PM) *
Under the old interpretation, if everyone had only one pass the first guy could cover 3 seconds worth of movement then act before anyone else could act.

That is not correct. smile.gif

Movement is completely seperate of action phases.

The highest amount of IPs anyone in the combat has decides the number of IPs that take place (usually this will be 3). Movement for everyone is divided by this number and you can move that fraction of your movement in every IP regardless of whether you can act in the IP or not. The only difference, if cou cannot act during the IP, is, that you have to keep the mode of movement chose during the last IP that you did have an action in; i.e. if Mr. 1 IP chooses to run, he has to keep running for the remaining IPs, but the movement takes place in fractions over the whole 3 second combat round.

Actions take place in addition to movement and with the appropriate modifiers for walking/running, but only as many as the particular character has in IPs.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jan 21 2012, 04:30 PM) *
With admin access, you pretty much have the rights to do it so choose one of the following:
2) Intercept and analyze: Software + Sniffer then software + analyze

Will do this, as Jazz has no Tracking program.

Software + Sniffer 3 hits
Software + Analyze 6 hits smile.gif

What access level is this new account?

Admin like the one I have now. I can legally create any account of my current security level or lower.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 21 2012, 05:00 PM) *
Movement is completely seperate of action phases.

That is not completely correct.

QUOTE (sr4a @ pg148)
To walk or run, the character must declare it during the Declare Actions part of his Action Phase. Walking does not take up any action, but running requires a Free Action.

Once a mode of movement has been declared, the character moves in that mode until his next Action Phase. A character continues to move in the last mode he chose during passes in which he does not have an action. This means a character with only one action, for example, who chooses to walk or run in the first Initiative Pass will be walking or running the same throughout subsequent Initiative Passes.

While I think you and I agree on how it should occur, I draw more of a finite distinction from RAW in order to clear up confusion and variations of interpretation.
Redjack
Sorry all. I've been traveling for work the last two weeks. Its amazing how time slips away when you are not at home.
Saytr
no worries RJ life happens ae will get to it when time allows us too.
Thanee
A character continues to move in the last mode he chose during passes in which he does not have an action.

This here is what I meant with movement being seperate (basically, you do not need an action phase to get movement).

Ok, you do need to spend an action (free) to run. In that way, it is not "completely seperate", of course. But it is not really an action to move in general (and even for running just a very minor free action). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Saytr @ Feb 4 2012, 03:17 PM) *
no worries RJ life happens ae will get to it when time allows us too.
I opened up to post for the third time in a week last night and fell asleep in my chair... thinking too hard. Forging ahead.
Redjack
In order to speed things up past this "flavor scene" I posted rolls:

Reaction(2) + Edge(5) {Edge is not spent, in this case it is the attribute of luck}
[2,2,6,4,4,3,4] = 1 hit
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 6 2012, 09:11 PM) *
...and fell asleep in my chair...

Get more sleep! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
ouch Revan looks like a idiot in public places.....no much different from RL lol
cndblank
Hi
Redjack
Initiative: Pass 1
Thug #1 Resists Manabolt: Willpower(4) + Magic Resistance(1) [1,4,3,2,3] = 0 hits... No way! = DV6P

Initiative: Pass 2
Thug #1: 13 (1)
- Thug #1: Agility(3) + Unarmed(3) +Reach(1)+Charging(2) [6,5,4,6,5,2,3][6,3] = 5 hits
- Neimand Opposed: Reaction(3) [4,6,2] = 1 hit

Burkhard: 12 (1)
Thug #2: 10 (1)
Neimand: 8 (X)

Just confirming that Neimand is not spending edge. If so, I will continue to post.
DaedalusK71
Not spending edge frown.gif
Redjack
Neimand:
Resist DV7
Body(2) + Impact(2) [6,4,3,4] = 1 hit
Net Damage = 6S

Burkhard
Agility(4) + Unarmed(3) + Brawling Specialization(2) = [5,2,2,3,5,1,2,6,4] = 3 hits

Ork #1
Reaction(3) + Dodge(4) + Damage(-2) = [6,3,2,5,2,5] = 3 hits

========================
Initiative Rolls:
Ork #1: 13 - Initiative(8 ) + Damage(-2) [6,6,6,5,3,5] = 5 hits + 8
Burkhard: 12 - Initiative(8 ) [1,1,1,5,6,6,6,4] = 4 hits + 8
Ork #2: 9 - Initiative(8 ) [6,3,4,4,1,4,3,3] = 1 hit + 8
Neimand: 7 - Initiative(6) + Stun Damage(-2) [3,5,3,1] = 1 hit + 6

Ork #1: Agility(3) + Unarmed(3) + Damage(-2) [3,3,6,2] = 1 hit
Neimand: Reaction(3) + Stun Damage(-2) [6] = 1 hit

Burkhard: Agility(4) + Unarmed(3) + Brawling Specialization(2) [1,6,6,4,1,4,1,5,4] = 3 hits
Ork #1: Reaction(3) + Dodge(4) + Damage(-2) [3,2,4,4,2] = 0 hits
Resist DV5 Stun
Ork #1: Body(5) + Impact(4) [6,1,5,2,6,2,1,3,4] = 3 hits
Takes 2 stun
Redjack
Val
Willpower(5) + Default Con(-1) + Desired result annoying to NPC (-1) + Con is plausible(+2) +Character is customer (+2) [2,4,6,4,1,4,5] = 2 hits

Waitress
Charisma(4) [5,2,4,4] = 1 hit

+1 Karma to Satyr for that great reply!

Thanee/Satyr/cndblank
Let me know what else you want to do or what other info you are after.

DaedalusK71
You are up.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 21 2012, 11:29 PM) *
Let me know what else you want to do or what other info you are after.

I think I have what I wanted. Basically waiting on the rest now. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
@Saytr: Thanee is called Jazz in this game. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
my bad will correct smile.gif sorry about the confusion.
Redjack
QUOTE (DaedalusK71 @ Feb 11 2012, 10:19 PM) *
Not spending edge frown.gif

QUOTE (cndblank @ Feb 6 2012, 07:45 PM) *
Hi

You guys are up.

Thx!
Thanee
Well, the request to "clear footage" comes way before Jazz is actually inside the system, timewise.

So, what kind of roll should I make to find the footage Revan is talking about while I am there (knowing the time, I guess Jazz can search for that).

Datasearch + Browse? Then Computer + Edit?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Feb 29 2012, 04:19 AM) *
Datasearch + Browse? Then Computer + Edit?
Perfect
Thanee
Datasearch + Browse 5 hits
Computer + Edit 2 hits

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
I think we are in need of a FF. Where to?
Saytr
i think us inside the restaurant are good to go. i dont know if anyone was doing matrix work or not but as far as astral goes i think we are covered.
Thanee
QUOTE (Saytr @ Mar 8 2012, 03:33 PM) *
i think us inside the restaurant are good to go. i dont know if anyone was doing matrix work or not but as far as astral goes i think we are covered.

The correct phrase would be "will be doing matrix work" at that point, because I am a little ahead of you guys in the timeline currently. biggrin.gif

But the Matrix scouting part has been done already. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Hey you two... I already posted you leaving the Restaurant and Jazz cleaning up the video... How far do you want me to FF? All the way to the run?

PS: DaedalusK71 has been MIA for about a month now, CNDBlank is about 3 weeks MIA and kvasac last year... Its looking like just you two again plus several NPCs.

Saytr
awesome lol. smile.gif well i cant think of anything magical to do other then get spirits ready which they are i believe and the matrix stuff is good to go. i think all we have to do is get the package and drop it off at the kitchen right.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 12 2012, 07:07 PM) *
PS: DaedalusK71 has been MIA for about a month now, CNDBlank is about 3 weeks MIA and kvasac last year... Its looking like just you two again plus several NPCs.

Oh well...

I am ready to move on...

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
ditto
Redjack
Whew. Still have 3 Players!!
Redjack
Anymore prep work or leg work? Fast forward to the night of the run or some place prior to?
Thanee
Maybe we should go through what we plan to do and then see if we are missing anything?

Jazz should be able to handle the sensors and cameras from the Matrix.

How do we get inside the building?

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
astral security wasnt to bad. the biggest obstical so far is getting on the roof and getting past physical security. so we might need to get a drone or some kind of monofiliment chainsaw to get throught the door lol.
cndblank
Still here. Sorry about the long delay.
Redjack
Keep talking. smile.gif
Not quite enough of a plan for me to post for... at least not without me making some significant assumptions; I'm assuming everyone knows the definition of the word assume?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012