Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Puyallups IV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Thanee
Ok, how about we start with a basic framework and begin to fill in the details?

1) Fetch the cases, that are to be delivered
- Do we have a vehicle for this w/o Jake? (Solution: Jake is still around as an NPC? Otherwise, Jazz also has a car.)

2) Get the cases to the restaurant
- Problem: Double-A neighborhood

3) Get inside the restaurant
- via rooftop access
- Problem: Security System (Solution: Jazz will handle this via Matrix)
- Problem: Getting on the roof (with the cases)
- Problem: Getting the locks open (is an Autopicker enough here?)

4) Get to the kitchen
- Do we know the way from rooftop access to the kitchen?

5) Swap out the cases
- That should be pretty straightforward from here

6) Leave with the other cases

7) Deliver the other cases

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Did I miss anything?

How do we get to an answer for the open questions?

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
On the roof top access, Kit can use shapeshift to get in to places.
The concerns are can she open a way in without setting off any alarms. I assume that fire regulations mean that she should be able to get out.
And of course any info on anti vermin measures would be helpful.
Redjack
Ok. Three players + 1 NPC (Jake). You should have everything you need to complete this run, except perhaps some of the finer details biggrin.gif

Unless there is an object or more preparations, my next post will be to the arrival back at the site for the run itself. Please continue to discuss the plan or designate a plan as required.

Thanks!
Redjack
For those keeping track, the Puyallup series has been running continuously for 5 years.
Thanee
Jazz will be on site (probably in Jake's van), and hack from there... so she is around in case she is needed. smile.gif

As for the lock... Jazz has an Autopicker 6 (IIRC, there was a non-electronic lock there, right?).

Jazz should be able to silence any alarms from the Matrix.

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 2 2012, 12:34 PM) *
For those keeping track, the Puyallup series has been running continuously for 5 years.

Wow!
Redjack
Sorry for the delay in posting. I was hoping more interaction between the PCs. smile.gif
Redjack
Jazz - Security systems check.
Thanee
Security Systems + Logic = 1 hit

I actually think we did check that part already, but I can't quite remember the details. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
This post perhaps...
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 3 2011, 12:49 PM) *
@Jazz
Intuition(4) + Security Systems(4) [1,3,4,6,6,3,2,5] = 3 hits
[ Spoiler ]

The 1 hit for specific details about the lock and the lock picker's chances on it yield no additional information.
Thanee
That looks like it. Thanks! smile.gif

So, we do know it is the easiest way to get in, lockwise.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Getting closer. Feel free to elaborate on the exit plan as well as the swap.
Thanee
The easiest would probably be to enter through the door on the ground floor. Even though it is better protected, there are a lot less grey areas. wink.gif

Otherwise, could an astral scouting run help with getting an idea how difficult it is to get to the restaurant from the roof access?

Did we get a number of floors the building has?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
@Thanee
QUOTE (Thanee @ Apr 26 2012, 04:34 PM) *
The easiest would probably be to enter through the door on the ground floor. Even though it is better protected, there are a lot less grey areas. wink.gif
Lot's of gray in the plan so far. biggrin.gif

Otherwise, could an astral scouting run help with getting an idea how difficult it is to get to the restaurant from the roof access?
Astral scouting won't do well on a building. Funny enough, there's lot of gray in astral space where buildings are concerned. smile.gif

Did we get a number of floors the building has?
10 stories.

@All
Post in at your leisure. Feel free to go for style points by giving us some insight into your character for the several hours between drop off and pickup.
Thanee
Hmm... I must have missed that image, when you linked it earlier.

I really don't see how going on the roof makes much sense then.

Was the Matrix network Jazz was in from the restaurant only or from the building? If it was the first, I might need to get into another Matrix system as well there...

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
wow yeah working ten stories down from the roof to gain access to the reastaurant might be a problem, when you shape shift can you take on a animal smaller then your size like a rat? maybe KIT can stay inside until close and then open the roll up cage for us once Jazz disables the matrix security.
cndblank
So the building the restaurant is in is 10 stories tall?

Sorry, living in Texas, most restaurants are only 1 story tall.

What else is in the building?

Offices? Apartments?

Maybe we could delivery the package to the building and then slip it in the restaurant.

Also might be able to use the wet wall or vent system to move from the top to the bottom of the building.
Redjack
There is a hotel above the restaurant.
Jazz was in the Restaurant's node, not the hotel.
cndblank
I figure checking on the hotel security is worth it.

We might be lucky and find out they are sloppy.

And of course Kit is always interested in any anti pest measures being employed.
Thanee
Heh. Was that hotel ever mentioned before? It's definitely new to me. biggrin.gif

This really sounds to me like the only reasonable way in is through the ground-level entrance to the restaurant.

Ok, guess we will have to clear some more things up before we actually start then...

Is that restaurant part of the hotel, or a seperate business?

Also, see IC, if we want to make sure, the hotel security won't cause us any trouble, it surely is best, if Jazz also takes a peek into their Matrix as well.

We still have a couple hours between that last meeting and the run, so those could be used to search for an exploit (probing the target).

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ May 3 2012, 03:49 PM) *
Heh. Was that hotel ever mentioned before? It's definitely new to me. biggrin.gif
Honestly, I don't consciously remember it either... but this game has been a LONG time in the making...

Is that restaurant part of the hotel, or a seperate business?
That is not fully clear to the characters at the moment.

Also, see IC, if we want to make sure, the hotel security won't cause us any trouble, it surely is best, if Jazz also takes a peek into their Matrix as well.

We still have a couple hours between that last meeting and the run, so those could be used to search for an exploit (probing the target).
You can get 3 hours of probing. Give me some rolls.
Redjack
QUOTE (cndblank @ May 3 2012, 08:21 AM) *
And of course Kit is always interested in any anti pest measures being employed.
hahaha... That could be bad. I know a character that shape changed and went in through an air duct. Didn't check for spirits.. Needless to say that when his spell died... so did he.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ May 4 2012, 06:45 AM) *
You can get 3 hours of probing. Give me some rolls.

Going for Security Access (+3).

Those rolls are not the best... wink.gif

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3502017/

8 hits total after 3 attempts.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Wow... That looks like some of my rolls...

8 hits vs Firewall + Analyze + Security Access = No vulnerability found.

In reviewing the time, team splits at 21:06. Jazz lives nearby and could be home by 21:20. She can do checks at 22:20, 23:20, 00:20, 01:20. She can make one more roll before an interruption occurs. I would allow a fifth roll around 02:40 if required (delay due to switching locations from apartment to Jake's van and so forth)

-rp
Thanee
Thanks! Hopefully the next rolls are better! smile.gif

ROFL

That 4th roll has as many hits as the three before had together!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3502789/

I guess the 5th won't be necessary then...

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Ok, so... entrances...

Roof access is out, as it is quite far away from the restaurant.

That leaves the main entrance or the entrance from the dock. There is also this large industrial, roll-up type with no apparent way to unlock it delivery dock.

I would favor the dock-side, as that will likely have less camera coverage.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Some information from older posts...

"Anyway. Here's the job in a nutshell: I need a number of cases of items *appropriated*. I will supply replacements to be left in their stead. These cases will need to be dealt with carefully and need to be brought to my delegate in tact. The security will be light, but the neighborhood is double-A. It is imperative that you are not detected and that the switch is completed. The job pays twelve-thousand nuyen, two thousand up front, split between you as you see fit." [Payment was raised to 15k after Negotiations.]

"The job is pretty simple. Hours ago a supply of live, colossal, Dublin Bay prawns were delivered to the Lake Union McCormick and Smicks. These prawns will be used Friday night. Preparation will begin Friday morning. I have a set of crates to switch out. I would prefer the switch to occur after closing Thursday night, before preparation begins Friday morning."

There was that link to the restaurant/hotel picture/map:

QUOTE (Redjack @ Feb 12 2011, 12:31 AM) *

Must have missed that, back then, because those ten stories didn't seem familiar at all. smile.gif

But it looks like that parking lot allows us to have the car around quite inconspicuously.

Jake does not expect to see guards giving the security rating. In high end neighborhoods, people don't want to see many security guards, they just want them to be there if they are needed. He expects the guards to be watching via cameras from somewhere secure. With expected Knight Errant response time, they may not even be nearby.

Jenny does spot several obvious cameras around the building. With her vision enhancement and low light, she makes out a couple of not so obvious cameras directed towards the entrance and street.

In reviewing the footage, Jazz notes both physical triple-tumbler deadbolts and a maglock on the main doors. The doors from the dock are the same. The door at the delivery dock is a large industrial, roll-up type with no apparent way to unlock it. There is a door on the roof with a considerably less secure lock.

Hacking the restaurant:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...p;#entry1122328
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...p;#entry1132912

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
So, one thing we havn't really covered yet, are the cameras *outside* of the building (which might even belong to Knight Errant).

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ May 7 2012, 05:23 PM) *
So, one thing we havn't really covered yet, are the cameras *outside* of the building (which might even belong to Knight Errant).
There are no external cameras linked to the security node of restaurant, other than over the dock entrance, main entrance and connecting entrance from the hotel.

QUOTE (Thanee @ May 7 2012, 04:25 PM) *
< [Jazz] I still don't know how we could miss that hotel in the same building, but it can't be helped...
To be honest, I hadn't really been thinking about that as well.
Thanee
Speaking of this part here... "Jenny does spot several obvious cameras around the building. With her vision enhancement and low light, she makes out a couple of not so obvious cameras directed towards the entrance and street."

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Let's work through that IC.
Saytr
did yall want me to post my spell list so we know what kind of spells i have at my dissposal?
Redjack
The hotel was surely a miss on my part in the description. As the the cameras, using the exploit to access the hotel system will allow Jazz to identify if there are any cameras not controlled between the 2 systems.

Cool?
Thanee
Sounds good. Then we can see how we can avoid those.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Reality Filter + Response = 3 hits

Not sure if the Filter's +1 Response counts here already, so I left it out. Same with the hot VR bonus dice.

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
Well we need to get through a firedoor maybe as long as jazz can hacpk the system to not set off right. There would be a emergency exit for the place right. If it serves the public and in a decent area would have to be kept up to code.
Redjack
Hotel Node:
Stealth(5) vs Firewall(4) + Analyze(4) [3,6,3,3,6,3,5,1] = 3 hits
Jazz's Reality Filter(3) vs System(4) + Response(4) [6,1,1,4,3,2,3,5] = 2 hits

Thanee - Please write a post with a new description for the node. The receptionist is part of the node. Only the security guard (IC) and the customer (another user) will not be overwritten by your Reality Filter.
Thanee
Analyze in the "customer" - 4 hits

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ May 17 2012, 09:44 AM) *
Analyze in the "customer" - 4 hits
This would be a matrix perception, so ask four questions (examples are on sr4a, pg228)
Thanee
Ok, let's see... apparantly I know the Type (user) already. Or should I use one of the 4 questions on that one (in that case replace the 4th question with it)?

1) What is he doing currently? (if that is ok, as a question)
2) Access Level (standard, security, admin)
3) Programs run by the persona or agent
4) Response Rating

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
The fact that the object is a persona/user icon is a freebie from your reality filter.
1) What is he doing currently: He is accessing the reservation system.
2) Access Level (standard, security, admin): User
3) Programs run by the persona or agent: None
4) Response Rating A persona does not have a response rating.
Thanee
Does that 4th question make no sense then? smile.gif

But I guess that tells me all I needed/wanted to know.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ May 21 2012, 02:49 PM) *
Does that 4th question make no sense then? smile.gif

But I guess that tells me all I needed/wanted to know.
Just ask a replacement question if you like. smile.gif
Thanee
Just make it System instead of Response. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ May 21 2012, 03:31 PM) *
Just make it System instead of Response. smile.gif
Oh hell... I was divested from reality today. The response of the persona is 4.
Redjack
Next actions?
Thanee
Will post later.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
In case you haven't seen it else where, I will potentially be off the grid for the next week. I *may* or *may not* have any connectivity where I am headed. If not, see you in a week!
Thanee
Sorry, didn't get around to my next step here, yet.

I'm also gone for about two weeks, but will have internet access, so should be able to post.

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012