Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Puyallups IV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Saytr
I finally got a iPad so I'm connected 24/7 woot probably nothing to brag about but thought I would share it with you guys, what's the game plan for the crew anyways?
Thanee
Alright, next step...

Jazz will look for nodes that require more than a mere user account to enter, i.e. where the interesting stuff is located.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Analyze 8 hits

Wow! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ May 31 2012, 03:09 PM) *
Analyze 8 hits
See IC
Thanee
Ah, right. I'll do that tomorrow.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Analyzing the Security Guard (4 hits).

- Type (assuming White IC)?
- Trace running?
- Pilot Rating?
- Programs run?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 13 2012, 02:57 AM) *
Analyzing the Security Guard (4 hits).

- Type: Renauku Silver Security Intrusion Countermeasure
- Trace running: No, the IC is not running trace.
- Pilot Rating: The IC rating is 4
- Programs run: It is running attack and analyze.

IC
Analyze(4) + System(4) [2,4,2,5,4,4,3,2 = 1 hit

Jazz
Matrix Security Procedures(4) + Logic(4) [1,1,2,6,3,5,5,3] = 3 hits
Thanee
IIRC you get Stealth as a negative modifier on Analyze (i.e. Matrix Perception).

Need to think a moment about that; whether I am going to risk hacking on the fly or rather not.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 15 2012, 12:30 PM) *
IIRC you get Stealth as a negative modifier on Analyze (i.e. Matrix Perception).
I thought the stealth rating set the threshold, as opposed to serving as a modifier?
Thanee
I would have to look it up again, but I am rather sure it is a negative modifier.

Aha, it is something else entirely. biggrin.gif

The negative modifier was for traces then.

For Matrix Perception it is an opposed test (against Hacking + Stealth).

3 hits are deducted from your 1 hit (leaving no net hits), then.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Okay, I don't think I have used any Edge so far, so maybe it will work out...

Hacking on the Fly to create a Security Account (threshold Firewall +3)

Hacking + Exploit: 7 hits + 5 hits = 12 hits total

Guess I should have gone for Admin... wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 19 2012, 06:43 AM) *
Hacking on the Fly to create a Security Account (threshold Firewall +3)

Hacking + Exploit: 7 hits + 5 hits = 12 hits total

Hacking(6) + Specialization:Exploit(2) + Exploit(6->5) + Hot Sim VR(2) [4,3,6,2,4,6,4,3,4,6,2,6,5,5,5,1] = 7 hits
Reroll Failures(8 ) [6,5,2,2,2,1,5,6,6] = 4 hits
11 total hits vs. Firewall(?) + Security(3) -> 0wned
Thanee
Does the Reality Filter not work anymore, then?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 20 2012, 03:24 PM) *
Does the Reality Filter not work anymore, then?
New node. New roll. smile.gif
Thanee
Reality Filter + Response + hot VR -> 5 hits

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Response(5) + System(5) [6,3,6,3,4,2,3,1,4,4] = 2 hits.
You win. Again. Welcome to a +1 Response bonus in the node. smile.gif
Redjack
Post updated.
IC: Matrix Perception [4,4,2,1,5,2,4,4,6,6] = 3 hits
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jun 21 2012, 09:34 AM) *
IC: Matrix Perception [4,4,2,1,5,2,4,4,6,6] = 3 hits

That's opposed by my Stealth with 4 hits.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
How should I go about with analyzing what is there now?

Roll one Analyze for every "presence" in the node?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Are you waiting for anything from me?
Thanee
An answer to my above question would be useful. smile.gif

Next step, obviously, is figuring out what is there...

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Duh! Sorry. Still recovering from a very hot week at camp.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 21 2012, 04:19 AM) *
How should I go about with analyzing what is there now?
Beyond the things listed (Data stores, peripherals slaved to the node and an IC) start with a matrix perception for the node and ask questions as per matrix perception.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 21 2012, 04:19 AM) *
Roll one Analyze for every "presence" in the node?
Then to analyze individual items one matrix perception per. To find something in the node, use browse.
Thanee
Alright, let's start with analyzing the node.

Computer + Analyze -> 4 hits

- Response Rating
- Hidden access to another node
- Any other nodes that can be accessed from here?
- Is there wired Matrix traffic?

And then analyzing the IC.

Computer + Analyze -> 6 hits

- Access ID
- Type
- Pilot Rating
- Programs run
- Trace running?

Can't think of anything else... smile.gif

And then, I will look for security logs or videos or something similar (to get an impression as to what kind of security systems we need to disable in order to get our job done).

Data Search + Browse -> 4 hits

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 5 2012, 08:42 AM) *
Computer + Analyze -> 4 hits

- Response Rating 5
- Hidden access to another node None
- Any other nodes that can be accessed from here? & - Is there wired Matrix traffic?
I'll take these two and answer them slightly different than asked: There are several data streams into and out of this node. There are two data paths: The first via the node you came from, the second via a single wireless access point peripheral.
And then analyzing the IC.
Computer + Analyze -> 6 hits

- Access ID Done.
- Type Renauku Gold Security Intrusion Countermeasure
- Pilot Rating 5
- Programs run Attack, Trace, Armor
- Trace running? Loaded, but not running.

And then, I will look for security logs or videos or something similar (to get an impression as to what kind of security systems we need to disable in order to get our job done).
Data Search + Browse -> 4 hits
See IC post
Thanee
Keeping the cameras on a recorded loop... would that be Edit? Or Spoof? Or something else? smile.gif

I would also like to find out what the purpose of the "single wireless access point peripheral" is. Is Analyze sufficient for that?

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 12 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Keeping the cameras on a recorded loop... would that be Edit? Or Spoof? Or something else? smile.gif
Let's call it edit.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 12 2012, 12:05 AM) *
I would also like to find out what the purpose of the "single wireless access point peripheral" is. Is Analyze sufficient for that?
I see that Jazz has Security Systems at a R4. Give me a roll on that.
Thanee
Ok.

Oh my, what a bunch of crappy rolls...

Computer + Edit 3 hits (Glitch - use Edge to negate that)
Logic + Security Systems 1 hit

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 15 2012, 11:39 AM) *
Computer + Edit 3 hits (Glitch - use Edge to negate that)
Success and one edge spent to negate the glitch.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 15 2012, 11:39 AM) *
Logic + Security Systems 1 hit

1 hit yields general knowledge (sr4a, pg 135): Must have something to do with limiting access to the node.

Ok, let's speed this up and bring the other players back into the game. Give me your general strategy and I'll see how much I can fast forward.
Thanee
Well, all I really want to do in there is make sure the cameras and such won't interfere with us.

Don't want to break into the hotel, so just the outside stuff that is also covering the restaurant.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
cndblank & Satyr:
Given the newest intel, give me your penetration strategy and I'll try to move this along a little faster.
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 20 2012, 01:05 PM) *
cndblank & Satyr:
Given the newest intel, give me your penetration strategy and I'll try to move this along a little faster.

cndblank & Satyr: Are you still with us?
Saytr
yes sir smile.gif
Redjack
How about a strategy...?
Thanee
Very rough strategy...

Keep the cameras and other security systems in check.
Move to the side entrance.
Open the door.
Get to the kitchen.
Switch crates.
Get out.

To this end, once done with the hotel security, Jazz will have to hack into the restaurants node (which has been prepared already, so should hopefully not be too difficult).

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
That's what I figured I see a lot of matrix work going on so I was leaving thanee to it then once we go inside the evil dwarf will come out of his shell.
Redjack
I feel this game has lost its traction and perhaps lost cndblank, so I'm gonna make a big fast forward given Thanee's post above.
Thanee
Yeah, it ended up being a little one-sided here with so much taking place in the Matrix, I guess.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 5 2012, 09:15 AM) *
I feel this game has lost its traction and perhaps lost cndblank, so I'm gonna make a big fast forward given Thanee's post above.
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 5 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Yeah, it ended up being a little one-sided here with so much taking place in the Matrix, I guess.
I sent cndblank a PM. In the next game we'll work some method of fast resolution for matrix... somehow.

In any case lets move forward. Satyr you're up.
cndblank
Hi all.
Redjack
QUOTE (cndblank @ Aug 10 2012, 02:30 PM) *
Hi all.
Yo! Post in anytime.
Redjack
I REALLY fast forwarded through most of the last there, I hope that's ok.

For those of you wanting to continue, the next thread will start with the same starting money as you have ending money, but one year will have passed. We will assume that you have had odd jobs that pay the rent, perhaps some good months, other times lean months. I will post up karma to current and we will work through any character upgrades and a good downtime post. I am willing to award some new contacts for good downtime posts (and perhaps even a little nuyen). I will start a new thread and bring in a new player (or two) from the Introduction to the Barrens thread when we are ready. Sound good?
Redjack
Holy COW! I just realized how long since the last karma...

Ok. 1 karma/month is the ruling: So 18 karma and half that in CSP (9 CSP) each. Work those expenses into your upcoming back story about what you've done for a year. I'm gonna add a 20,000 nuyen.gif bonus to represent a good year of running as well.
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 14 2012, 05:25 AM) *
I REALLY fast forwarded through most of the last there, I hope that's ok.

Indeed. biggrin.gif And yeah, it's ok, of course. smile.gif

For those of you wanting to continue, the next thread will start with the same starting money as you have ending money, but one year will have passed. We will assume that you have had odd jobs that pay the rent, perhaps some good months, other times lean months. I will post up karma to current and we will work through any character upgrades and a good downtime post. I am willing to award some new contacts for good downtime posts (and perhaps even a little nuyen). I will start a new thread and bring in a new player (or two) from the Introduction to the Barrens thread when we are ready. Sound good?

Can we use some of the downtime to, for example, write software?

Ok. 1 karma/month is the ruling: So 18 karma and half that in CSP (9 CSP) each. Work those expenses into your upcoming back story about what you've done for a year. I'm gonna add a 20,000 nuyen.gif bonus to represent a good year of running as well.

smile.gif

Will have to think about what kind of stuff would be useful to learn/buy.

Jazz will definitely use the time to overhaul her software (and make it SOTA appropriate; she doesn't have anything from Unwired, yet, as the book didn't exist when I made the character wink.gif). Probably build up some connection with the Cracker Underground and get some nifty pirate copies there.

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 11 2012, 03:43 PM) *
Yo! Post in anytime.

Sorry had a leaky pipe to fix and was sick over the weekend.
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 14 2012, 05:48 AM) *
Can we use some of the downtime to, for example, write software?
Most of it will be used paying the rent and earning that extra nuyen mentioned above.
Jazz will definitely use the time to overhaul her software (and make it SOTA appropriate; she doesn't have anything from Unwired, yet, as the book didn't exist when I made the character wink.gif).
Sure.

Probably build up some connection with the Cracker Underground and get some nifty pirate copies there.

Everyone can send me a PM with notes about what the characters will be doing. An actual post-like narrative is preferred. I will then take that narrative, edit it for both game balance and to reflect contact awards and post it as a starting point in the new thread. Please have this to me before the end of the month... or I may have to take creative liberties. And you have seen that my creative liberties are usually much more dystopian than yours. wink.gif
Thanee
Ok, sounds fair. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
I'm somewhat sure I asked this before... we do use SR4A rules now, right? So, Attributes are new rating x5 to raise.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 20 2012, 04:58 AM) *
I'm somewhat sure I asked this before... we do use SR4A rules now, right? So, Attributes are new rating x5 to raise.
We use SR4A rules... except for that one.
Thanee
I think I remember now that you said that before. Ok. smile.gif

So, Attributes are x3, otherwise SR4A. Check. Will write it down this time. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 19 2012, 04:08 PM) *
Please have this to me before the end of the month... or I may have to take creative liberties. And you have seen that my creative liberties are usually much more dystopian than yours. wink.gif

A good point.

May you live in interesting times.... is a Chinese curse and a roleplaying blessing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012