Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Puyallups IV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
cndblank
Sorry, I've been under the weather the last few days. I'll try to post tonight.
Thanee
Bit busy with work currently, so I will likely post later this week, when things are a little better. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Gotcha. Post in when you all get time.
Thanee
With the actual hacking, Jazz will wait until it is night (i.e. midnight or so).

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
Back from the dentist and recovering.

Plan to do some summoning and now we have some data on the area also plan to checkout the outside of the site via Shapeshift.

I'm assuming that a raven would not be out of place in the area. She just wants to get a good feel for the place and the area around it. Perhaps do a catalog spell and a detect life from the roof.
Thanee
matrix chatter about the nearby gangs

Wasn't it an A security neighborhood? I don't think there are any gangs in the immediate vincinity. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
you would be suprised how big some gangsters are these days lol mafia and what not could have a place in a A rated area no prob for cover and legitamicy. We are just switching crates, i assume the johnson has something against either this place or a person or function being held at this place or by a certain person.
Thanee
Gangsters are everywhere... but gangs? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
kvasac
movers,shakers, bigheads, gangs, call it whatever you like..
Redjack
Jake - Data Search(3) + Browse(5) for details about criminal elements near the restaurant
[6,4,5,1,4,6,5,3] = (4/4)
[5,1,4,5,3,2,6] = (+3/7)
[6,4,4,2,4,4] = (+1/8)
[4,5,4,3,3] = (+1/9)
[6,1,3,3] = (+1/10)
cndblank
Kit is going to bind some spirits and get a bird's eye view of the neighborhood.

I'll post the numbers tonight.
Redjack
Or today perhaps?
Redjack
I know we're all busy, but I'm going to start posting for players who don't report in at least every two weeks.
Redjack
As a replacement to my game reference thread, I am creating the 4-1-1. Easier to find, better laid out, with maps! and eventually more full featured.

As I am using a layered image for the master image, I will also be adding the team's safe houses and doss' so its easier to get a bearing on where they are and how far between. I hope this will also help with confusion about the layout. Eventually I hope to post a gang turf map as well.

-RJ
Thanee
Nice smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
For everyone with doss' in the Puyallup District, I added a new map to 4-1-1
Saytr
me and jake are practiacally neighbors lol.
cndblank
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 6 2011, 05:36 PM) *

Neat!
Redjack
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 6 2011, 11:56 PM) *
Neat!
I hope this helps us come together with a common vision of neighborhoods and distances and things like that. smile.gif
cndblank
Binding F3 spirit of Man Binding named Uncle San:
(Innate Spell Increased Reflexes and Trid Phantasm from Optional Powers)

Invisible Castles
[1,5,2,2,1,5,6,2,6,5 ] Bind F3 SOM Bind 1 Mag 2 Edge 5 + 2 Owl = 10
[6,5] reroll 2 sixes
got nothing on reroll of 6.
Forgot to add power focus rating 2
[6,5] Forgot to add 2 for power focus roll makes Magic = 4

total = 9

[1,5,2,4,2,5] SOM resist = 2 success to resist
Net success = 7

Resist Drain
[6,4,5,6,3,2,6,6,1,4 ,4,3] Resist 4S Will 5 plus Char 7 all resisted,

So it that 6 services or 7 services?
cndblank
I found out that SR4A changed Mystic Adepts.

Instead of her 2 Magic for Sorcery and Conjuring acting as a limit to the max force she can cast it, it now limits the dice she can add to her skill rolls from her Magic.
Thanee
It's a lot more than that... check out the FAQ on that topic.

Though mystic adepts must split their Magic between Magic-based skills and adept powers, it says that for all other purposes, including the limits of adept powers, the mystic adept uses his full Magic attribute. Does this mean that a mystic adept with Magic 6 who has allocated 2 points to Magic skills and 4 points to adept powers can cast Force 6 spells without flinching?

The Magic points allocated towards Magic-based skills counts for all aspects of those skills. This includes: Magic-linked skill tests (Summoning, Spellcasting, Enchanting, etc.), maximum spell Force, overcasting, etc.

For a mystic adept’s adept powers, only the points allocated towards adept powers apply. This includes powers that require Magic Tests like Attribute Boost, the maximum rating of leveled adept powers, etc.

For all other purposes—i.e., non-Magic-linked skills—the mystic adept’s full Magic attribute is used: pressing through astral barriers, initiation grade limit, Masking metamagic, being assensed, etc.

So for the example above, a mystic adept with Magic 6 with 2 points devoted to Magic skills and 4 points to adept powers, the maximum Force he can cast at is 4, and anything over Force 2 is Physical Drain. His adept powers are limited to rating 4 or lower.

It should be noted, though, that one part of this FAQ directly contradicts the rulebook (namely, the limit for Adept Power Ranks, which in the book is clearly the full Magic Attribute, not just those points allocated to Physical Powers).

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 6 2011, 06:36 PM) *

Tacoma Map is now up as well.
Redjack
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 7 2011, 01:15 PM) *
Binding F3 spirit of Man Binding named Uncle San:
(Innate Spell Increased Reflexes and Trid Phantasm from Optional Powers)

F3 Spirits only get one optional power

Invisible Castles
[1,5,2,2,1,5,6,2,6,5 ] Bind F3 SOM Bind 1 Mag 2 Edge 5 + 2 Owl = 10
[6,5] reroll 2 sixes
Forgot to add power focus rating 2
[6,5] Forgot to add 2 for power focus roll makes Magic = 4

total = 9

[1,5,2,4,2,5] SOM resist = 2 success to resist
Net success = 7

Resist Drain
[6,4,5,6,3,2,6,6,1,4 ,4,3] Resist 4S Will 5 plus Char 7 all resisted,

Next time just link in the rolls also please. Also, .hits(hitmin) & .hitsopen(hitmin, reroll) will automatically factor the rolls.
example: 10d6.hitsopen(5,6) and 6d6.hits(5) and 12d6.hits(5)

So it that 6 services or 7 services?*
6 services; First hit completes the binding.
Note: You should have started with a summoning roll, then bound a summoned spirit. Services combine.
(Excellent rolls by the way!)

Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 8 2011, 06:14 PM) *
Tacoma Map is now up as well.

Very nice! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 11 2011, 03:26 AM) *
Very nice! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Right-click, View image to see it at full scale. It is being compressed to fit the page.

-RJ
Thanee
No, it's shown at full size now (it wasn't when I looked at it first for some reason, but now it is). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Ok. What can I do to inspire you guys here?
Redjack
* Ping *
Thanee
Sorry, time's a bit limited right now... will be better in a day or two. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Sure, I definitely understand.
cndblank
Back from vacation

Looking to post.

Where are we at?
Redjack
Not a lot has transpired. SleepIncarnate is MIA for about 2 months and is being written out. Thanee & Kvasac have both been tied up. I'm ready to put this game back on the road. You have an IC post waiting, so catch up, com in and let's get this run underway! wink.gif
Redjack
I have been considering some random encounters like wandering damage or rampaging dragons.... Just saying...
Redjack
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 18 2011, 09:14 AM) *
Back from vacation
Good vacation to someplace either wet or cool I hope.
cndblank
Neither.

We went to Palo Duro Canyon, located in the Texas Panhandle near Amarillo (currently in a major drought).

Was still very beautiful.

Status Now caught up with backlog from going on vacation. wink.gif
Redjack
I'm sensing the team wants a fast forward; How far do you want to go and what do you want you character to do during that FF?
kvasac
Well, Jake has no more ideas what to do so I'm fine with whatever suits rest of the team.
Saytr
as long as we have a proper plan for gettting both vans and delivering the good to the WICANS and then heading to meet for pick up and solid plan for getting inside to drop off puppies i dont see any forseeable problems smile.gif
kvasac
I forgot to mention in one of the previous posts that Jake has picked up his new drone. Can we retcon that or can I do it before the meeting takes place?
cndblank
Ok, the plan is to go scope the surrounding area out as a raven.
Redjack
All
I tried to write a post with a little flavor. Taking some of the various characters personal traits, qualities, etc into consideration. I've tried to depict this as kind of a rough joint on the edge of the slums.

Kvasac
QUOTE (kvasac @ Jul 23 2011, 03:58 AM) *
I forgot to mention in one of the previous posts that Jake has picked up his new drone. Can we retcon that or can I do it before the meeting takes place?
Sorry I wasn't clearer here. The drone is on the trailer. You can bring the trailer to the meet or leave it at your doss, as you see fit. Just let me know.
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jun 16 2011, 12:21 AM) *
Wednesday March 19, 2070; 14:00; Jake's Doss, Puyallup Barrens

After dropping the team off, Jake when by a car wash in Tacoma to vacuum out any traces of the team left behind and sprayed disinfectant liberally in the cabin before making his way back to his doss, doubling back three separate times to insure he wasn't followed.

The next morning he awoke early. Bumper confirmed an appointment and by lunch time the bullet holes were no longer an eye sore on his van. A quick trip by a storage bay to pick up his new trailer and Jake is back in business. After a prepackaged lunch and another trip to wash the van he realizes the afternoon is well underway.

cndblank
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 25 2011, 10:43 AM) *
Ok, the plan is to go scope the surrounding area out as a raven.
Ok, I would see this happening after the team meets initially. As of the current post, I would see Jazz & Jake having arrived 10 minutes ago.
Redjack
Note on Comlink modes: I have been researching the various modes (and a few other details) and have created a webpage to insure we are all on the same page as to the pros/cons. For example, you cannot send/receive calls from people who are not in mutual signal range when in hidden mode. You cannot interact with public AR if you are not in Active mode. It should also be noted that spam filters will stop most spam in active mode.
Thanee
Jazz is still not an elf. wink.gif

And she has Select Sound Filters. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jul 27 2011, 11:40 PM) *
For example, you cannot send/receive calls from people who are not in mutual signal range when in hidden mode.

... or anyone else on the Team-Net, who in turn is within mutual signal range with the actual receiver. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 28 2011, 02:43 AM) *
... or anyone else on the Team-Net, who in turn is within mutual signal range with the actual receiver. biggrin.gif
Do you mean to imply that TeamNet does not function in Hidden Mode?
Thanee
Err... no, I think you read that totally wrong! biggrin.gif

I mean... more like... think 'relay'. smile.gif

But I would like to acquire a secondary commlink then, which I can leave on in Active Mode.

I will probably just get me a Disposable Commlink for now, and look for a more permanent solution later.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
smile.gif Yea. Agreed. Two considerations for relay: 1) The active/passive comlink making the calls is the Access ID to which your MSP account because 2) the call is not really routed to your hidden com, rather it is echoed/remoted/relayed/etc to the hidden com. Not really sure how I see a game effect there, but I'm sure with a little devious thought, one could be found... cyber.gif
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 28 2011, 02:33 AM) *
Jazz is still not an elf. wink.gif
Frak...

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 28 2011, 02:33 AM) *
And she has Select Sound Filters. biggrin.gif
Double frak....

Post edited...
Redjack
Hey Saytr... Papa is not your hacker in this game; Jazz is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012