Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: alt.WAR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
sabs
Well, Frank just went off on his own. Hermit is the one that was pushing for stuff on South America and everything else, and he vanished completely.

The Stuff on TGD was never seriously tied to the stuff we were working on here, except with Hermit.

Cheops
Probably also worth pointing out that when SR3 tried to delve into the military side of weaponry the official game line also created an alternate damage system. So there is precedent.
Fatum
Well, the South American stuff I can take into account, minding that most of what I've seen done was about it anyway.
And yes, I believe it's exceptionally important for someone to coordinate our work; hermit reappeared for a moment, but he seems to be gone again...

Precedent-shmecedent. Again - creating new systems, new mechanics, reinventing the universe - all those things mean more people will open the resulting book, flip through it, and say: "Bah, more fan stuff that's more work to implement than we can possibly gain from it. To hell with it".

Fatum
I've pinged fexes@deviantart, and he's willing to help us with the maps.
longbowrocks
I really don't understand all the hate war gets. Without war, street sammies would be able to one-shot anything the GM could throw at them (they still can, but now it's harder and only has a 50% success rate in the more extreme cases).
People are going to powergame one way or another. At least now you can't get any item listed in any book you want (restricted gear) at chargen.
Fatum
First, this is not the thread to discuss War!, see Shadowrun section for that.

Second, War! has shitty fluff (the Tree War or Jew ghosts in the camps of Holocaust), shitty crunch (Slow spell, that universal targeter spell, nuke stats and much more), shitty editing and shitty art. Pretty much the only thing of worth in it were the Leadership rules, and even that only because the Core book skipped on that.

Now, I have no idea what positive changes you're talking about. The opposition doesn't get any tougher if you introduce the book in your campaign; neither is Restricted Gear in any way banned. Or, okay, I'd like to see the references.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Fatum @ May 27 2011, 01:12 AM) *
First, this is not the thread to discuss War!, see Shadowrun section for that.

Second, War! has shitty fluff (the Tree War or Jew ghosts in the camps of Holocaust), shitty crunch (Slow spell, that universal targeter spell, nuke stats and much more), shitty editing and shitty art. Pretty much the only thing of worth in it were the Leadership rules, and even that only because the Core book skipped on that.

Now, I have no idea what positive changes you're talking about. The opposition doesn't get any tougher if you introduce the book in your campaign; neither is Restricted Gear in any way banned. Or, okay, I'd like to see the references.

Don't your second and third paragraphs contradict the statement in the first?
Fatum
No.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012