Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 5 Errata
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
DeathStrobe
Edit: Found the prices for sensors. I'm dumb, ignore me!
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Korwin @ Jul 15 2013, 11:42 AM) *
Maybe ist allready in the thread... anyway...

Karma cost for Skill-Groups?
You can buy up the whole Skill-Group right?

Page 106

Active Skill Groups cost new Rating x 5 to raise and
can only be raised by 1 rating per downtime.
Elve
p.438, Shock Frills: There are no combat values given.
Tzeentch
Page 399, Movement
* The rules regarding vehicles reference material that doesn't exist, such as Acceleration and Deceleration Tests, and Crash Tests.

* Acceleration Rating has nothing to do with actual vehicle acceleration.

* As written the rules don't work (at least, not as intended with the vehicle rules as-is). Consider this example:

A critter uses the Movement power on a Eurocar Westwind (Speed 7, Accel 3, Bod 10). The threshold for the critter's Magic + Willpower is 5. A Force 4 Spirit of Air (p. 303) rolls 8 dice (and will probably use a point of edge to bring that to 10 dice with 6 again). It's a pretty weak spirit so needs to get a decent roll to affect the Westwind at all. However, lets assume it gets 5 hits. Just barely enough to meet the threshold. Here's where it goes off the rails. The Speed of the vehicle in the next Combat Turn increases to (Acceleration x Hits) + Speed = (3x5)+7 = 22. Yes. Speed 22. Chummer. You thought the Banshee was moving fast at Mach 1.2. Well that spirit just accelerated the Westwind to (gulp!) 10,485,760 meters per Combat Turn. That's not a typo. The Westwind can now travel at 7,818,532.181
miles per hour. Almost eight MILLION miles per hour.
Korwin
QUOTE (page 65 @ Priority A in Magic)
Magician or Mystic Adept: Magic 6, two Rating 5
Magical skills, 10 spells

QUOTE (page 69)
At character creation, magicians who cast spells, perform
rituals, or create alchemical preparations may know a
maximum number of formulae from each group equal to their
Magic Rating x 2 (i.e., Magic Rating of 4 allows 8 spells, 8
rituals, 8 alchemical preparations).

Confused?

I'll try an Interpretation. I get (in this case) 10 spells for free, if I purchase additional ones I can do that up to 12 (without Qualities and Magic 7).
Rituals and alcemical preparations I would need to buy anyway. I dont get any for free.

Is that Interpretation correct?
Jaid
QUOTE (Korwin @ Jul 15 2013, 03:17 PM) *
Confused?

I'll try an Interpretation. I get (in this case) 10 spells for free, if I purchase additional ones I can do that up to 12 (without Qualities and Magic 7).
Rituals and alcemical preparations I would need to buy anyway. I dont get any for free.

that sounds correct, but why is it in the errata thread?

page 243, "Programs (technically cybeprograms if they’re for the Matrix)..." (cyberprograms is missing an 'r')
Skynet
QUOTE (Korwin @ Jul 15 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Confused?

Correct.
But you could still purchase additional spells, although you may not use them as actual spells but as rituals (i.e. "Ward") or alchemical preparations (i.e. "alchemical Fireball").
Korwin
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jul 15 2013, 08:26 PM) *
that sounds correct, but why is it in the errata thread?

page 243, "Programs (technically cybeprograms if they’re for the Matrix)..." (cyberprograms is missing an 'r')

Its here in case my interpretation is wrong.
My first reading of page 69 is/was, I get them for free. So some clarification would be nice.
Elve
p.440, Data Tap: The wireless auto destruct should probably be forbidden (or require a probe) if link-locked.
Samoth
Pg 422. Combat Axe lists a Thrusting Point in the handle, but no damage code is listed.
Tycho
page 366:

As always, I am amazed about CGL skills to reintroduce mistakes that were already fixed in Editions before, so here is another one:

in the Table about the Cyberwarescanner the lower Column should be a Dice Pool Bonus for the Scanner not a Threshold Modifier.

Great Copy&Paste Job from some early SR4 Core Rules, where this mistake was also included but I am pretty sure the fixed this way before SR4A
Elve
p.433, Smartlink: "Ejecting a clip and changing fire modes are Free Actions." This a free action for all wireless weapons (see p.424)
Jaid
page 252: "The amount of Fading damage is indicated
by the complex form, although can never be less
than 2 DV"

(there is a missing "it" between "although" and "can")
Elve
p.446, sensors table: the capacity of the sensor array should be [8] (See p.445)
Jaid
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ Jul 15 2013, 04:42 PM) *
If it's intended that a character can ONLY get spells, not rituals or alchemical preparations for their high Magic Priority rating then that's just moronic. Getting house ruled out in any of my games and really think it needs corrected in errata.

it isn't really specified, but the table for step 7 which tells you how you can spend bonus karma lists 'spells' as an option and then goes on to mention the maximum number of spells/rituals/preparations known at character creation. given the only way rituals and preparations could be a non-zero value is if "spells" includes those other options.

so i suppose that part might be a bit vague, and considering you could start play as an awakened character that only has the ability to use rituals/preparations, that should probably be clarified.
Elve
A table with every day prices, e.g., hotel rooms, drinks, ... is missing.

p.452: "it’s like getting a free datajack" -> so does a control rig provide all boni of a data jack? E.g., lvl 1 noise reduction?
Bull
QUOTE (Elve @ Jul 15 2013, 05:02 PM) *
A table with every day prices, e.g., hotel rooms, drinks, ... is missing.

Honestly, it's not really necessary. Shadowrun has traditionally used "Modern to Future currency equivalents" for mundane stuff. A $5 drink costs 5 Nuyen in Shadowrun (Keeping in mind it's $5 UCAS for 1 Nuyen in SR, more or less, so that accounts for inflation smile.gif ).

And there's only so much room in the book.
Elve
Drone sizes: Microdrone Sikorsky-Bell Microskimmer is "smaller than a frisbee". While the larger minidrone Horizon Flying Eye is "just about eyeball-sized".
Sengir
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 15 2013, 10:06 PM) *
Honestly, it's not really necessary. Shadowrun has traditionally used "Modern to Future currency equivalents" for mundane stuff. A $5 drink costs 5 Nuyen in Shadowrun

That worked with the SR4 prices. But since you guys had the great idea to massively increase both prices and chargen money (purely for old times' sake, or can anyone name a better reason?), either everyday consumer prices have to follow suit, or we'll need an explanation why samurai don't just take their riches and call it a day...a simple reprint of the old table with inflated prices sounds easier wink.gif

And another small one for errata, Data Spike on p. 239: "Your attack has a Damage Value equal to the rating of your Attack program, with one additional boxes of damage per net hit, and two additional box of damage for each mark you have on the target"
Jaid
page 256: re-register a sprite.

the text indicates that you shouldn't do this with your last task, but then goes on to indicate that "If you fail, you’re out of tasks, plain and simple."

one of those two statements is presumably inaccurate, because either you should *only* use it on the sprite's last task, or failing doesn't mean you're out of tasks, it just means you lost one (for the re-registering) and didn't gain any.
Bull
QUOTE (Sengir @ Jul 15 2013, 06:40 PM) *
That worked with the SR4 prices. But since you guys had the great idea to massively increase both prices and chargen money (purely for old times' sake, or can anyone name a better reason?), either everyday consumer prices have to follow suit, or we'll need an explanation why samurai don't just take their riches and call it a day...a simple reprint of the old table with inflated prices sounds easier wink.gif

1) Prices didn't really change. They've always been this way. *waves hand like a jedi doing a mind trick* And you'll note prices for most things didn't change from 4-5. We just rebalanced 'ware, for the most part.

2) Safety Standards, inflation, and shortages in materials have caused the prices on certain items to rise for no real reason, because the corps realized they weren't making enough profit. And/or some items started getting taxed heavily. See the prices of things like paper, gas, and cigarettes that suddenly shoot up in price for no real reason.

3) Samurai don't have riches. Started resources at chargen does not necessarily represent money. It represents things you've somehow accumulated. I don't think I've ever player or played with a character that just bought his own 'ware because he was bored one day. Usually it's corp or military implanted when he was previously employed. Plus if you just took the money and retired, you'd have to come up with a new character anyways.

4) Fnord.

5) It was a rebalancing. It happens. In all seriousness, it's basically a minor world retcon. In game, things didn't suddenly inexplicably get more expensive.
Mantis
pg 257, Submersion. Is that really supposed to cost 10 x (desired grade x 3) karma per grade? So grade 1 submersion is supposed to cost 30 karma? Hope that is a typo.
HugeC
On page 137 under Holding Your Breath, it says "...make a Swimming + Willpower Test (with the Controlled Hyperventilation specialization coming into play if you have it)."

Either the test should be Body + Diving, or Diving should be merged into Swimming.
Tzeentch
Page 414 Addiction Tests
The Addiction rules state "Every time you use an addictive substance during (11 - Addiction Rating) weeks in a row, you need to make an
Addiction Test."

-- I'm honestly not sure how to parse that sentence.

-- I think it's supposed to be something like ""You need to make an Addiction Test if you use more than (11 - Addiction Rating) doses of an addictive substance in a week." (That requires some changes to the next sentence, if so.)
Makki
p. 142 Leadership (Rally) doesn't mention a duration.

from the current wording it is a permanent bonus to initiative, maybe limited as long as the acceptance as superior lasts. RAW I can even do it again stacking inititiave to infinity.
Jaid
page 273 "Freddie was a bound spirit of air ‘Hawk probably him along
to keep an eye on his investment."

(i'm guessing "brought" between "probably" and "him" would make this sentence a lot more clear).
Tzeentch
QUOTE (Makki @ Jul 16 2013, 06:12 AM) *
p. 142 Leadership (Rally) doesn't mention a duration.

-- I suspect it should say:

Rally: During the next Combat Turn, your subordinates add 1 to their Initiative Score for every 2 hits you get.
Tzeentch
Page 414 Addiction Tests
Third paragraph, last sentence.

"This means that substances with high Addiction ratings (like kamikaze) could get you hooked in a single dose."

-- That appears to be impossible in these rules, with the listed drugs. Kamikaze would have to be used for two weeks (11-9 Addiction Rating) to require a Addiction Test.
Elve
p.288: The Increase [Attribute] Spell uses the term "augmented maximum". This term is not used anywhere else in the book. The meant maximum of natural value +4 is unnamed.
The same goes for Improved Physical Attribute on p.309.
pragma
p. 190, Defender has Good Cover section, in the description of cover in melee (ranged? I'm not sure) combat defense the sentence "Note that this modifier does not negate the blind fire modifier the attacker suffers ..." really threw me for a loop. Consider starting with the fact that this is an exception for total cover: e.g. "In the case the target has complete cover from the attacker the two modifiers will affect the attack. The attacker will suffer the blind fire modifier and the defender will receive the good cover bonus."
p. 198 "16 boxes on the condition monitor for the door" the example references rules that don't seem to exist for structural condition monitors. As near as I can tell from the rest of the rules you get a 1m diameter hole for every structure rating of damage you do, with no condition monitor to speak of.
p. 199 "hairpin turn" appears twice in the vehicle test threshold table at the hard level.
p. 203 the ramming rules don't indicate that net hits on the vehicle test add to damage done to the ram's target. This is different than the chase combat ramming rules.
p. 204 under "Catch Up/Break Away" the text refers to a "maneuver threshold" which I've never seen mentioned anywhere before. It may intend to mean "Vehicle test threshold" referencing the table on p. 199
p. 208 and 207. On p. 208 the rules state that medkits add their rating to first aid tests after they've been applied. On p. 207 the example with Full Deck indicates that they increase the limit of the first aid test. Which is it? Consulting p. 450 it indicates that it is the limit increase always and both limit and dice pool increases if wirelessly enabled. Is that worth adding to the text in the healing section, because I think the rules only appear under medkits right now. This one has been mentioned earlier.
Elve
p.283: Combat modifiers affecting indirect combat spells should be mentioned here.

p.283: Counterspelling should mentioned in defense against Combat Spells.
p.285: Does Counterspelling protect objects from (active detection) spells? As written, it seems as if this is not possible.
Similar for all other instances...

Maybe it would be better to drop the mention of counterspelling on p.285. CS than just is general rule always applying.

p.298: Homunculus is missing his Cha attribute.
p.299: "A watcher’s skills are equal to half the Force of the ritual (rounded up)." Should be "A homunculus' skills ..."
Merlin
Speed ratings for vehicels are broken.
You cant drive a Westwind at mach 6, not even with a Control Rig 3.
Why does the Control Rig add its rating to the speed anyway?

Even with out this Bonus a Westwind have a speed of 7, thats the same as the Ares Venture a LAV. 768kph is way over the top for a car.
The Tundra 9 Fokker has a top speed of 144kph without Control Rig. Seems a bit low for a plane huh?

Most of the Vehicels have really low top speed, like the Americar with max 48 kph.
Samoth
Quick Healer quality gives +2 die pool modifier for all healing tests made "on/for/by" the character for 3 "Karma". Why would tests made BY the character apply the bonus to another character? Would it stack if two characters using healing on each other both had Quick Healer quality? It also seems ludicrously under-priced.
CeeJay
Street Shaman sample character has active skill "Conjuring 6".

Should be either "Conjuring skill group 6" or (more likely) "Summoning 6".

-CJ
CeeJay
Brawling Adept sample character has quality "Pain Resistance (1)".

That should possibly be "High Pain Tolerance 1".

-CJ
Elve
p.304: "The aura and astral signature fades at the same rate as a cast spell (p.283) after activation." This should reference p.312
p.307: "The amount [...] is equal to the amount of karma the focus would require to be bonded at the Force specified in the focus formula (p. 306)" should reference p.318
p.309: The Improved Physical Attribute uses the term "augmented maximum". This term is not used anywhere else in the book. The meant maximum of natural value +4 is unnamed.
Skynet
p.198, example-box:
Wombat pulls up his trusty AK-97, toggles the
safety to full-auto, and starts to rock and roll on the
door (...)
and referencing Penetration Weaponsshows that the attack does
1 box of damage to the barrier (...)

Because wombat is using autofire, the damage dealt would be based on the number of bullets (probably DV4 with 10 bullets).

On a side note: The thread starts to attract re-posting of already mentioned issues and non-errata-related chatter.
Sengir
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 15 2013, 10:51 PM) *
1) Prices didn't really change. They've always been this way. *waves hand like a jedi doing a mind trick* And you'll note prices for most things didn't change from 4-5. We just rebalanced 'ware, for the most part.

2) Safety Standards, inflation, and shortages in materials have caused the prices on certain items to rise for no real reason, because the corps realized they weren't making enough profit. And/or some items started getting taxed heavily. See the prices of things like paper, gas, and cigarettes that suddenly shoot up in price for no real reason.

3) Samurai don't have riches. Started resources at chargen does not necessarily represent money. It represents things you've somehow accumulated. I don't think I've ever player or played with a character that just bought his own 'ware because he was bored one day. Usually it's corp or military implanted when he was previously employed. Plus if you just took the money and retired, you'd have to come up with a new character anyways.

4) Fnord.

5) It was a rebalancing. It happens. In all seriousness, it's basically a minor world retcon. In game, things didn't suddenly inexplicably get more expensive.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1244012
Medicineman
SR5, page 62:
Watch your back!
Shoot straight!
Conserve ammo!
Never deal with a dragon!

Instead it should be:
And never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.

Hough!
Medicineman
Elve
p.319: "Power foci live up to their name. They are very powerful foci that temporarily increase your effective Magic rating. That means they add to your Sorcery, Conjuring, and Enchanting dice pools, along with any other test where Magic is involved." -> So do they only provide dice pool boni, or do tehy also increase magic in other areas, e.g., determining whether drain is physical?
Abstruse
I've only skimmed over the thread so I'm not sure if this has come up yet, but I noticed it last night:

Character Creation chapter p. 95 "Only standard gear and alphaware are available at character generation."
Gear chapter p. 451 "Only standard, alphaware, and used implants are available for purchase at character creation."

So can we get used or not?
Elve
p.315: What damage do dual natured creatures (e.g., a homunculus) do in astral combat against purely astral beings.
Jaid
page 296, dispelling: "Regardless of how
it goes, you take the Drain from the spell as if you had
cast it—Physical if the spell’s Force was higher than your
Magic rating, Stun otherwise."

that isn't taking the drain from the spell as if you had cast it at all. taking the drain as if you had cast it would be "if the spell you are attempting to counterspell has more hits than your magic attribute, you take physical, otherwise you take stun" or something roughly along those lines.
Skynet
QUOTE (Elve @ Jul 16 2013, 08:10 PM) *
p.315: What damage do dual natured creatures (e.g., a homunculus) do in astral combat against purely astral beings.

Shouldn't they be covered by the "magician"-entry (i.e. a DV of Charisma)?
But while we're at it: Would a dual-natured critter (for example a ghoul) use unarmed combat or astral combat to attack against a purely astral being (for example a mana barrier)? (Covered on the first few sentences of the chapter.)
Samoth
Pg 125. the Smuggler is listed with 4.9 essence but based on his augmentations that is not a correct number.

Pg 136. the Street Ganger's Streetline Special is listed as "with Concealed History" when it should be "Concealed Holster".

Pg 428. does the Ares Alpha's underbarrel grenade launcher use the Heavy Weapons or Automatics skill?
Mäx
Gunslinger adept has Yamaha Raiden, it has availability of 14F and thus can't be gotten in chargen.

By the way kudos to who ever wrote flavor text for the Occult Investigator, it's very nice piece.
Samoth
Pg 74. Exceptional Attribute "For example, an ork character with the Exceptional Attribute quality for Strength could take his Strength attribute up to 10 before augmentations are applied, instead of the normal limit of 9."

Ork max for Strength is normally 8, maybe they meant Body?
Tzeentch
QUOTE (Samoth @ Jul 16 2013, 07:27 PM) *
Pg 125. the Smuggler is listed with 4.9 essence but based on his augmentations that is not a correct number.

-- The Smuggler should have 3.1 Essence left (big change!)

Control Rig 2 2
Datajack 0.1
Muscle Toner 2 0.4
Smartlink 0.2
Smuggling Compartment 0.2
Total = 2.9 Essence
Jaid
page 319:

"Metamagic foci are advanced type foci designed to
support initiates"

there are a few ways you could go about fixing that. i'm not listing all of them, just pick one and make the sentence work.

same page:

"while a Level 1 Improved Reflexes
focus is Force 6 if you do not have Power Point of your
own in the power," (that's power points, or you need to change that sentence around a bit some other way).

edit: page 324, wise warrior advantage:

"All: +2 to dice to Leadership" (there's an extra 'to' in there).

edit: page 325: "you’ve got yourself a shiny new initiative
grade and all of its benefits." (should just be an initiate grade, not an initiative grade)

page 328, "Just as this clock in his AR display flicked to 10:04 p.m.," (should probably be 'the' clock).

edit: page 331: "...than any
of the street urchin he now regarded through is augmented..." ('his' augmented...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012