Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 5 Errata
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Flaser
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 2 2013, 10:41 PM) *
Gunnery should Be Logic based if operated remotely, and Agility Based if operated Manually.

The brings up the question though, of which weapons can you operate manually that fall under Gunnery. The original rule, that you operate mounted weapons with the appropriate skill (Heavy Weapons for machine guns, grenade launchers, miniguns, etc., Automatics if it's an AR, Longarm for a sniper weapon, etc.) makes a lot of sense. The only weapons that might fall under the skill using this interpretation then, are very high-calibre weapons... which you can't just aim manually, as they're too heavy, large and kick like a Troll on Kamikaze... so you'll inevitably use a powered, likely digitally controlled weapon platform instead manually jerking the main gun around.

...hence my point, that Gunnery should only ever use LOG.
Shortstraw
Then again all fire arms should use INT (for quick shots) and LOG (for mortars and sniper rifles etc).
AndyZ
I didn't read through all this, so it may or may not have already been mentioned.

The Beretta 201T light pistol specifically gives the option of burst fire as a complex action. However, the burst fire option is pretty much identical to a semi-automatic burst, other than that burst fire is usually a Simple Action. Giving the option of Burst Fire as a Complex for a Semi-Automatic weapon is effectively pointless.

Page 179 can be checked for more detail on this. The gun itself is on 425.
Skynet
QUOTE (The Key of E @ Jul 19 2013, 10:15 PM) *
Pg. 425: The Beretta 201T says it can fire in Burst mode, but then says it requires a Complex Action to fire a burst. This is superfluous because all SA guns can fire a Semi-Auto Burst as a Complex Action.

QUOTE (Skynet @ Jul 19 2013, 10:20 PM) *
You can also fire a 6-round-burst with BF-firing-mode. The wording should be clearer though.

Tzeentch
P304 Spirits and Edge
"Summoned and bound spirits don’t have their own Edge pools (or if they do, they don’t use them). However, you can spend your own Edge pool on your summoned spirits’ tests if you like."

Edge pools do not apply here (see Group Edge, p. 380). Replace "pools" with "points" in this paragraph.

P306
First paragraph
"There is no Drain in this spellcasting because it was already taken by the alchemist; likewise no Edge pool can be spent on this spellcasting."

Edge pools are only for Group Edge (p. 380). The last part of that should say: "; likewise no Edge points can be spent on this spellcasting."

tete
So I haven't followed the whole thread but IMHO with some authors complaining about word count and things missing the combat chapter could get 2 or more pages shorter if you removed paragraph copies. Part of the Initiative rules are stated twice, as with some defensive actions, a couple of attacks, etc. Surprise comes to mind as a section thats over 2 pages long to say roll this dice pool then at the very end say oh and if you succeeded and your on the surprised side you cant attack but you can some actions. I dont know if that counts as errata...
Eratosthenes
Very minor point: The Ares Venture (pg 465) is described as having numerous legitimate uses, and yet its Availability is 12F.
Flaser
Page 90. Herding is listed as an Agility related active skill, in the actual skill descriptions it's only a specialization of Animal Handling.
eidolon
Page 444. Vision Magnification:

"For rules on using vision magnification in ranged combat, see p. 177."

Should read:

"... p. 178."
Ryx
I havn't gone through this whole thread, so there are probably some duplicates in here, but this is what I've noticed so far. I don't even know if some of these count or not, but I figure you're probably a better judge than I.

- Shock frills don't seem to have a damage listing. Maybe I'm just missing it.

- Herding is listed as a skill under agility on page 90 despite not being a skill. So is both lockpicking and locksmith, despite only the latter being a skill.

- The 'max rating of 7 at character creation' rules for contacts isn't actually mentioned in the contact section of character creation. You may also want to raise this limit in Prime Runner play mode in the Alternate Gameplay sidebar.

- Under Learning Spells on page 299 it states the cost to hire a living breathing teacher is (instruction skill x formula cost) in nuyen. Couldnt find anything about a teacher actually needing the instruction skill for this sort of thing. You could save a lot of money by hiring a teacher with a instruction skill of 0.

- How many programs can a Technomancer run? I assume they'd get their sys-rating, like decks seem to, but I can't find the actual programs=sys-rating rule, just a table, so by RAW TMs don't seem to get any. If this is the case, some clarification might be good.

- Do skillwires come with a skilljack, or do you have to purchase it seperately? Phrasing is unclear.

- Hydrolic Jacks (pg 457) - "each rating adds twenty percent to maximum jump." Is that compound (298% at rank 6) our sum (220% a rank 6)?

- Page 453, on the Headware table, "Taste Booster" should be "Taste Booster (Rating 1-6)"

- Is the Ares Alpha only F because of it's grenade launcher? It seems odd that the only Ares Assault Rifle (Ares is my jam) is so highly illegal for something that should probably be optional. It would be very easy and convenient if it could be purchased without the GL attachment, for civilian and security use.
Jaid
@ ryx: technomancers cannot run *any* programs, unless they submerge and choose one as an echo.
BlackJaw
I think this is a typo:

The Wireless section for the Smartgun system on page 433 says (emphasis minie) "A wireless smartlink provides a dice pool bonus to all attacks with the weapon: +1 if you’re using gear with a smartlink or +2 if you’re using an augmentation for which you paid Essence." I think that first listing should be Smartgun not smartlink, especially considering working a smartlink with a smartlink doesn't make a much sense as working a smartgun with a smartlink, and the whole listing is under Smartgun not smartlink.
Lynchmob
I tried to make sure I'm not double dipping on an issue already covered but this thread is long so if I am brining up old news, my bad.

On p. 198 under the rules for using people as cover it states
Apply an Agility and Reaction penalty equal to the difference between the holder’s Strength and the shield body’s Body attribute while the metahuman shield is carried.

Strictly reading that means if I have a Strength higher than the meat shield's Body I will be taking a penalty.
Jaid
QUOTE (Lynchmob @ Aug 8 2013, 06:23 PM) *
I tried to make sure I'm not double dipping on an issue already covered but this thread is long so if I am brining up old news, my bad.

On p. 198 under the rules for using people as cover it states

Strictly reading that means if I have a Strength higher than the meat shield's Body I will be taking a penalty.

that depends on whether you interpret difference to mean subtraction.

(most people won't, but it is technically one possible way to interpret that sentence).
Bigity
No, that is the way to read that sentence. It's easy to figure the intent though, as you said.
Lynchmob
Right I understood the intention I was just pointing out that the wording could be fixed.
Maelwys
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but...

pg. 321. Cat Mentor Spirit provides a +2 bonus to Gymnastics or Infiltration Tests (pick 1).

Infiltration isn't a skill in SR5. Needs to either be deleted entirely, giving Cat Mentored characters +2 to Gym only, or replaced by a skill that's in SR5.

Page 362 also mentions an "Infiltration Test" under landscaping.
Sengir
Minor one: The bounty hunter archetype on 127 has his Defiance T-250 and Colt America loaded with "standard ammo", should be "regular ammo". CTRL+F reveals the same mix-up in the example sidebar on p. 179.
DerWish
p 319 - Focus Addiction: 'it’s not a danger as long as the total Force of your active foci isn’t greater than your Magic rating'
same page - Power Foci: 'They are very powerful foci that temporarily increase your effective Magic rating'

RAW: you can have unlimited high Power Foci as an active focus as your Magic rating will be always higher than the Power Foci.
BlackJaw
QUOTE (Matrix page 230)
When you are in hot-sim VR mode, you use your Data Processing + Intuition as your Initiative and you get +4D6 Initiative Dice (remember that any enhancements or bonuses cannot take you past the maximum of 5D6 Initiative Dice). You receive a +2 dice pool bonus to all Matrix actions, and you take biofeedback damage as Physical damage.

QUOTE (Rigging page 266)
If you’re using hot-sim, you get +3D6 (4D6 total) Initiative dice, and a +1 dice pool bonus that applies to all Matrix test (in- cluding Vehicle actions), but all biofeedback damage is Physical damage.

Is it intentional that the initiative and Hot VR matrix bonus for Rigging and normal VR be different?
Samoth
Pg 458 under cyberweapons:

"For extra concealment, cyberguns are built from
mostly non-metallic compounds, and any metallic
parts are incorporated into the (cyber) arm’s structure."

How does this extra concealment actually work? Can cyberguns be caught on scanners whether they are installed in a cyber arm or a meat arm?
CeeJay
Pg. 311 Voice Control adept power.

Cost: 0.5 PP per level

Why is this a leveled power? Nothing in the description talks about the effect that multiple levels of the power have. All effects that are described, are either static (+1 to social limit) or independent of the Voice Control level (opposed test of Impersonation + Charisma [Mental] to fool someone).

-CJ
TCArknight
Can we consider the Archetypes as all needing errata corrections? It appears that every single one doesn't add up properly as if it were a starting character....
Samoth
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Aug 14 2013, 03:35 PM) *
Pg. 311 Voice Control adept power.

Cost: 0.5 PP per level

Why is this a leveled power? Nothing in the description talks about the effect that multiple levels of the power have. All effects that are described, are either static (+1 to social limit) or independent of the Voice Control level (opposed test of Impersonation + Charisma [Mental] to fool someone).

-CJ

"You can also adjust your voice to generate positive
social effects, giving you +1 per level to your Social limit."

However, it seems pointless to go above level 1, since the Limit increase is only in effect when using the power, and only when it is a situation that can benefit you. The Improved Potential power also costs .5 per level and has no restrictions.
shinryu
really need a lot of clarification on how lynchpins work in terms of parts of objects, what "destroyed" and "contact" mean, etc.
Larsine
QUOTE (TCArknight @ Aug 14 2013, 05:01 PM) *
Can we consider the Archetypes as all needing errata corrections? It appears that every single one doesn't add up properly as if it were a starting character....

No that's a tested procedure, and it has been like this in all previous core rules, so we made sure it was the same in SR5 grinbig.gif
AccessControl
QUOTE (Bull @ Jun 22 2013, 04:30 PM) *
You get no direct armor benefit from stacking armor above your threshold (or wearing layered armor). But...

Keep in mind that armor sometimes provides more than simply armor. You can have modifications on the armor that provide resistances to elemental damage and the like. So while you can only use one set of armor stats, and you're taking some penalties, it might be worth the penalties to have both fire resistance and electrical resistance handy.

This rule also sets the ground work for future armor expansion stuff.

I hate to dredge this back up all the way from page 1, but I was just having a discussion on Reddit about this portion of the book and wanted to see if how my brain thinks it works is actually how it works.

So, say for some reason you have Actioneer Business Clothes (Armor Rating 8 ), a helmet (Armor +2), and a Ballistic Shield (armor +6) on a character with Strength 2.

Is your final armor value 10, or 16? The way I read the "bonuses" bit, you can never gain more than your Strength score in bonus per item, but it's ambiguous enough that I can also see it reading as you can never gain more than your Strength score in accessories total.
Medicineman
Your Armor ist 10 (8 from the Suit +2 STR) but your Encumberance is 8 (Shield +6 and Helmet +2)
I'd drop that Shield it only gives encumberance and no additional protection

with an unencumbered Dance
Medicineman
Sengir
QUOTE (AccessControl @ Aug 14 2013, 11:53 PM) *
So, say for some reason you have Actioneer Business Clothes (Armor Rating 8 ), a helmet (Armor +2), and a Ballistic Shield (armor +6) on a character with Strength 2.

Is your final armor value 10, or 16? The way I read the "bonuses" bit, you can never gain more than your Strength score in bonus per item, but it's ambiguous enough that I can also see it reading as you can never gain more than your Strength score in accessories total.

By the rules text on p. 169 you have 10 Armor and either 6 (2+6-2) or 4 (2-2 + 6-2) "encumbrance points", depending on whether you interpret "the bonus" in "For every 2 full points by which the bonus exceeds the character’s Strength" as referring to each individual bonus or just the total.

By the example box on the very same page, you have 16 Armor and 6 encumbrance points. Therefore, errata thread wink.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 15 2013, 02:52 PM) *
By the example box on the very same page, you have 16 Armor and 6 encumbrance points. Therefore, errata thread wink.gif

The example box has to be correct, a ballistic shield doesn't magically stop working just because your too weak to comfortably carry it around.
Samoth
Pg 131. There is a listing for Exotic Ranged Weapon (Specific), but no listing for Exotic Melee Weapon (specific); At the very least, the monowhip requires an exotic melee skill to use.

Pg 408. Digestive Expansion is listed as a way to negate Toxins, but it is not for sale in the core rules.
shinryu
perhaps mostly a clarification than an errata per se, but i noticed in street magic anchored metamagics with contact triggers can be triggered by anybody, a specific person you've assensed, or not the mage. rulings on this along with what constitutes "contact" would be very helpful.
Fatum
There's a section on "cyberprograms" for riggers, but no RCC has a Program rating.

Similarly, there are Common programs, but they can only be run on highly illegal decks and not commlinks.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mäx @ Aug 15 2013, 09:02 PM) *
The example box has to be correct, a ballistic shield doesn't magically stop working just because your too weak to comfortably carry it around.

that's exactly what the devs have told us is how its intended to work...I know I know...
Maelwys
Page 397, under "Hardened Armor" states

"Additionally, half of the Hardened Armor rating (modified by AP, rounded up) counts as automatic extra hits on this test."

Meaning that if you have hardened armor 8, and you get hit by a weapon with a -2 AP modifier, you would have (8-2)/2 or 3 automatic extra hits.

Page 398 under "Immunity" states

"Effectively, the critter has a Hardened Armor rating equal to twice its Essence against that particular kind of damage (see Hardened Armor, p. 397)."

This is followed by a description of what Hardened Armor does. However, it ends with

"Additionally, half (rounded up) of the Immunity rating counts as automatic hits on this test."

So under Hardened Armor, it specifically states to modify the Hardened Armor rating by the AP of the weapon before determining extra automatic hits. However, under Immunity, it doesn't mention modifying the rating by AP at all.

So are these infact two separate and distinct rules that are different from one another, or are they supposed to be the same, and if so, which is correct, the value modified by the AP or not?

This also brings up a question. What is the immunity rating of a spirit? Is it equal to the Force of the spirit, or is it equal to the amount of Hardened armor provided?

FuelDrop
QUOTE (Fatum @ Aug 16 2013, 09:55 PM) *
There's a section on "cyberprograms" for riggers, but no RCC has a Program rating.

Similarly, there are Common programs, but they can only be run on highly illegal decks and not commlinks.

Decks are only restricted, not forbidden.
yeah, it's stupid.
Tzeentch
Hat-tip to RPG.NET forums:

p. 455 Skillwires
-- You need a skilljack for knowsofts and linguasofts (per Skilljack, p. 452).
-- It only says you need a skillwire system for activesofts on p. 442.
-- p. 455 specifically says you need a skilljack to use activesofts.

Clarification requested. If you don't need a skilljack for activesofts can you slot them directly into the skillwire (as per SR4 I believe) or a datajack?
Mantis
The Reputation system seems to be broken (pg 372). Street Cred increases the Social Limit (great), but Notoriety doesn't seem to do anything. There is just some vague statement saying as it gets higher (or lower?) the character will find fewer people willing to work with them. It also lacks any statement on whether Positive Qualities just help cancel out Negative Qualities impact on Notoriety or help gain positive Notoriety (for whatever use that might be).
Likewise Public Awareness has some GM suggestions on when to award it but not what it does really. Basically as written you have 3 different stats, only one of which has any mechanical impact on the game and each is unrelated to other except where Street Cred may be burned to lower (or raise?) Notoriety. This seems very unfinished.
Nath
QUOTE (pragma @ Aug 1 2013, 03:20 AM) *
p 227 -- Cyberdeck Attributes Table -- Novatech Navigator appears though Novatech has gone out of business. Neonet could be keeping the brand alive, but jarring given the fluff.
QUOTE (DWC @ Aug 1 2013, 02:10 PM) *
Colt and Ingram are still going strong, despite one having folded in the early 1990s and both being wholly owned properties of Ares Arms. Brand names are extremely valuable.
Novatech still exists as a subsidiary of Neonet, per Corporate Guide, page 122.

Ares ownership of Colt or Ingram, on the other hand, has never been established in canon.
BlackJaw
1) Does viewing the world with Augmented Reality cont as being a user on the matrix, and therefore having a persona, or do you need to take a special action to enter the matrix in AR, and therefore have a Persona? My interpretation of page 229 makes me think the later:
QUOTE (page 229, Augmented Reality)
As we’ve described, AR is normal living in physical space with an AR heads-up display. You can see the Matrix if you like, either by creating a virtual window or display screen and viewing it like a camera, or by overlaying device and host information on your normal vision.

2) Does replacing your Commlink/CyberDeck/RCC's device icon with your Persona Icon mean it can no longer act as a Master in a PAN, as the PAN rules explicitly state only devices can be part of a PAN? I'm guessing a device based persona can still act as a master while it's a Persona, but a Persona can never be a slave to a master.
QUOTE (bottom of PANs and WANs, page 233)
Only devices can be slaves, masters, or part of a PAN.
QUOTE (bottom of page 234)
When is a device not a device? When it’s a persona!
When a person uses a device to connect to the Matrix, the device’s icon is subsumed by the persona’s icon, so it’s basically gone from the Matrix until the persona jacks out.

3) Given that forming a Persona replaces your device icon (see page 235 quote above), and that files are visible on the device, does that mean when acting on the matrix as a persona your files are or are not visable to those that can see your persona icon?
QUOTE (page 222, bottom of the non-textbox)
These files are visible to people who can see your commlink in the Matrix, so most people keep all of their files in a protected folder.

4) It's noted that slaving devices to your commlink/deck/etc causes them to largely form into a single PAN Icon, with dangerous/interesting things like guns not forming into that icon. Considering that Persona icons replace the device icon for the commlink/deck: does the PAN icon go back to multiple separate icons while you are on the matrix, does it remain behind while the persona zips off, do persona icons replace the entire PAN icon? I suspect the middle option.
QUOTE (Virtual Visions, page 217)
So the Matrix will usually show you an icon for an individ- ual’s personal area network (PAN), not every device in that network (although it makes exceptions for inter- esting or dangerous devices in that network, such as a gun).
Samoth
Pg.492: how much do Enfield AS-7 spare drums cost?

Also, how do spread and burst fire rules combine when used at the same time out of the Enfield (the only shotgun with a burst mode?)
Dolanar
I believe all spare empty ammunition container's are under the "Spare Clip" option. The description suggests that the term "Spare Clip" is street talk for any spare ammunition container.
mister__joshua
Sorry if this has already been mentioned

P62 under choose concept

"snapshot of the character types your most likely to find in the shadows"

Your should be you're
Jhaiisiin
The Satellite Link currently doesn't negate the -5 penalty from remote locations "Static zone", but instead only caps noise based on distance. So when in the Sahara or Death Valley, your noise is still well above any deck or link you might be using. A suggested correction is as follows:

Replace "This link limits Noise due to distance to -5." with the following:

"This link limits Noise due to distance to -5, negates the static zone penalty when in remote areas (i.e. middle of a desert or in the arctic), but cannot function without a clear line of sight to the satellites in question."

This should allow the satellite link to make connections in the middle of nowhere, while still maintaining all of the other possible penalties, and has it's own (obvious) drawbacks, like not being able to use it underground or when an area is actually a flood of signals.
Tzeentch
I think they might have intentionally not reduced Static to represent lag? It is weird though. Either that, or it's for connecting to pirate satellite constellations and subscription ones have extra perks like Static reduction.
Jhaiisiin
That would be fine except that if Noise > Signal, you don't connect, period. Not a laggy connection. No connection.
Tzeentch
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Aug 19 2013, 01:28 PM) *
"This link limits Noise due to distance to -5, negates the static zone penalty when in remote areas (i.e. middle of a desert or in the arctic), but cannot function without a clear line of sight to the satellites in question."

Here's another alternate wording:

Page 439, Satellite Link

Satellite link: This allows the user to connect to communication satellites in low-Earth orbit. This link caps Noise penalties (pp. 230-231) to -5 if you have a clear view of the sky. Includes a portable satellite dish (about the size of a paperback book) that must be set up before use.
NeoJudas
pg 234, PDF
(the following is poorly copied from the table in the PDF directly)

====
DEVICE TYPE DEVICE
RATING EXAMPLES
Simple 1 General appliances, public terminals, entertainment systems
Average 2 Standard personal electronics, basic cyberware, vehicles, drones,
weapons, residential security devices
Smart 3 Security vehicles, alphaware, corporate security devices
Advanced 4 High-end devices, betaware, military vehicles and security devices
Cutting Edge 5 Deltaware, credsticks, black-ops vehicles and security devices
Bleeding Edge 6 Billion-nuyen experimental devices, space craft
====

Okay, we've elevated the Skill Caps to 12's now, can we perhaps have done the same for Device Ratings??? This table is a fallback to the lower-end mechanics, and leaves no room for "the Gear to Come" in future books. Could not the table have been expanded to match the Device Rating chart to either the (Human) Attribute cap of 10 or the Skill Cap of 12??? I know in our games, this chart is getting a serious reworking and just thought I'd drop this suggestion into here.

I'm otherwise very impressed with the volume of potential errata and other corrections/suggestions coming forth. My Appreciations to Patrick, Bull and all the others whom are pouring their time and effort into this.
Jack VII
p. 408: The Toxin and Drug Protection Table lists Digestive Expansion under the Gear column. That augmentation does not (yet) exist in SR5.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Aug 22 2013, 07:52 AM) *
p. 408: The Toxin and Drug Protection Table lists Digestive Expansion under the Gear column. That augmentation does not (yet) exist in SR5.

Planning ahead. That's my story and I'm sticking to it....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012