Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [IC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
Luckace
Wraith shrugged, seemingly not too interested. "Beats me. But considering how he tempered with the infected, I'd say developing Focus addiction was the least of his concerns."

He inspected it more closely, looking for any symbols or carvings on the ring. if so, he'd have to erase them - he wasn't going to have any heathenish symbols on his focus.
Gilga
"The bad guys always seem to be mages." she replies bluntly and they also have more foci than is healthy for them.". She sighs and considers rejecting all these foci altogether, perhaps it is either evil or mediocrity for mages.
SquirrelDude
Enjoying his time in the peanut gallery, Sharkboy shouted from across the room, "If having magic is what makes you evil, then you should be in more of a hurry to get rid of yours."
Gilga
Anna agrees, she considered it many time, and while she was too chickenshit to damage her magic - she appriciates that path a lot. She always wanted to be augmented, evolved to the next thing. "Spoken like a true saint, Sharkboy. " She pauses and then asks "Any recommendations on augmentations to keep me alive?"
Luckace
"That's bulldrek."
Wraith shook his head at Sharkboy's comment. How could one call a god-given power evil? Magic is a blessing, getting rid of it would be an insult to God.
"It's not the power that's evil - only some who wield it. Be thankful you are blessed to have it."
SquirrelDude
Sharkboy sighs, and then speaks again. “I was being sarcastic. Magic is anymore the reason you’ll be evil than a reason you’re an idiot, Anna.”
Gilga
"I am no idiot, and as a mage myself, I know very well that magic is not evil, but the kind of sociopath mages I encounter means that magic is morally dangerous. The more powerful they become, the more power-hungry they are.

It is more difficult to believe that all people are equal when you can do fantastic, and dare I say Godlike things, and they do not. It is easy to think that they are inferior to you and that they should be treated as tools, and as resources rather than as decent people." She absently moves the ring between her fingers, showing impressive sleight of hand and says "So don't call me an idiot for desiring the ring, and fearing that its power would corrupt me.
SquirrelDude
"Just share the burden, Ms. Frodo."
Gilga
"Obviously you are not the person to chat about these things. Or to talk in general" she comments. and grabs two additional beers from the fridge, she walks to the room where Kerstin is kept to search for bnc and places a beer next to bnc which seems to be deep in her thoughts. Anna lingers for a moment uncertain if she wants to stay or not. "She is the toughest I seen." she comments. If Nacl is there she'll hand him the second beer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012