Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for gm in maryland pg/mont county
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Sren
There were a couple survivalist shops. You can both pick up the same contact or different ones. Let me know what you decide.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren @ Sep 4 2006, 10:06 PM)
The Baron can do a better job selling the bikes and smoothing it over with the chop shop. After the Baron's involvement, he can sell seven bikes for 50%, and convince the hop shop to pay 30% for the rest, but he expects you to give him one for himself for his troubles. 

The Baron's deal is better than expected, and Han wants to get on his good side, so Han gives the Baron a two bike commission. Han nets 19k nuyen.gif on this deal after giving Ed Murphy the 2,000 nuyen.gif tip. Han is happy all the way round.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
The survivalist's will give you 15,000 for 100 vests. But they don't have the room for more than that. Although they are interested in any of the more interesting stuff you have though. They'll pay 35% of the new price for pistols, and 50% each for "like-new" sniper/hunting rifles. They don't touch bigger things unless you take one as a contact (not willing to risk too much trouble by dealing in automatic weapons unless they really know you, Han's five successes tells him that he's interested in combat gear, but suspicious of Han, but if Han spends some time getting to know the guy, maybe he'll get to trust you. They're each only worth connection or loyalty 1 right now, if you guys get one as a contact, you might be able to make them more valuable members of the shadow community, and hence raise their connection value). 

The smuggler's will give up 22,000 for the 100 vests. 

The survivalist's shops have a couple used geiger counters, and since you're rich, they want 2,000 nuyen each (1,200 if you take one as a contact). (They did just pays several thousand for some vests). 

Han accepts the smuggler's offer of 22,000 for 100 vests. Han says "what the hell", and sells 100 vests to the survivalists for 15,000 nuyen.gif a) Han wants to turn the survivalist that is interested in "combat" gear into a contact, and b) the vests seem hard to move.

Han thinks 1,200 nuyen.gif for a used geiger counter is way out of line, he saw new ones online for $400. Han doesn't say that to the survivalist. He says, "I only need the geiger counter for a few days. Since they're used, can't I just rent one? When I bring it back, I'll have the other items with me, and you can get a good look at them. (ooc: 3 successes on that negotiation roll).

Han returns around closing time with Sledge, the guns, and other stuff. He asks some questions about the local survivalist movement, hoping to start a conversation. He invites the survivalists over to Bob's (the troll bartender) place for drinks and talk.

OOC: I'll email you with the final list of stuff.
damaleon
Vega will ask if he can come along as well, that way Sledge and Vega can each add one as a contact and help with the negotiations.
Sren
I've been using $1 = 3 nuyen for a lot of my conversions... as there is no real comparison (or else I've been living off water/electricity rationing without knowing it, eating the cheapest food available, and apparently my car is part of public transportation... all without me really being aware... that or middle lifestyle doesn't cost $5,000 per month. My lifestyle isn't quite at the SR worlds middle lifestyle, but its way above SR's low rating, so a 1:3 conversion sounds about fair. Not everything converts at the same rate as the street value of gear and services is different than the value of an item in in the underworld of 2055, but it will work for most non-combat related gear and services). so the 1,200 nuyen should be close to the cost of an expensive gadget that is $400 in 2006 of the real world. The 2,000 nuyen price is the cost applied to a rich person by a survivalist who has a questionable income running a store that doesn't have prices listed on all of the merchandise. (Hence prices are negotiable if they like you).

Also, the smugglers wanted jackets, not vests. My typo, so you can keep the 22,000 for the vests, but they still want the last 100 jackets if you're willing to sell them.

(If anyone cares, I've been modifying the rolls based on availability (+2 dice for the vests and bikes, etc.), but also lowing the price because of the bulk (+2 dice for them, and lower the price down about 10% to a convienient number).

The smugglers are the best equipped to handle bulk armor (or bulk anything, for that matter), but the cost of running a boat and crew forces them to pay much lower prices, but they aren't affected by price modifiers in Seattle (recently used in a crime, market saturated, etc.).
De Badd Ass
Han negotiates a trial of the geiger counter. If the area is really contaminated, he won't need the geiger counter anymore. If it is mildly contaminated, he will want to monitor the situation regularly, and will want to buy both counters.

QUOTE (Sren)
The geiger counter doesn't show any serious danger.

QUOTE (Radiation Detector FAQ)
Radiation Detector FAQ

How do I know when I'm in danger?

It's easy to tell if you have a problem. Ambient radiation levels worldwide are about 0.05 uSv/hr - 0.12 uSv/hr. In the case of a dirty bomb, for example, variations in exposure levels depend on a variety of factors including atmospheric conditions and exact geographical location. Any substantial reading above ambient (10 times, for example) indicates a problem. However, the severity of the problem is a function of radiation level (intensity) and accumulated exposure over time.

With Gamma-Scout® , we've tried to make it easy, giving you exactly the information you need to assess your individual risk. Each Gamma-Scout® digital LCD display indicates the current radiation level in 3 ways: as a tissue dosage number in uSv/hr, as tissue dosage in analog bar chart format, and tissue dosage expressed as a maximum allowable exposure time. The time exposure figure is extremely helpful to quickly determine your personal exposure risk. This scale appears directly above the bar chart and is graduated in units of 1 year, 1 month, 10 days and 8 hours. A quick look at the bar chart instantly tells you your maximum allowable exposure time at the corresponding radiation level. It's simple, easy, fast, and accurate.

In addition, there is an audible alert function built into each Gamma-Scout®. This is a tone which sounds at a user-programmable radiation level. There is also a cascade of beeps/clicks as the radiation level rises. You are not only alerted that radiation is present, but also whether it is rising in intensity. The default setting for the alarm is 50 uSv/hr, not immediately deadly, but definitely a dangerous level. Many users set the alert level at a minimum 1.00 uSv/hr, so they have an early warning for any significant change above ambient levels.

Han uses the Geiger Counter to measure radiation levels in the basement, throughout the building, right outside, and throughout the neigborhood. He is particularly interested in determining the maximum allowable exposure time in each area. That kind of information will help the group decide whether or not to move in.

Han wonders if the mages can cure radiation sickness, or detoxify victims. Maybe they can research a spell. Han wonders what they can do to cleanse the surrounding area - Ritual Magic, perhaps. He'll ask them when he gets back.

Swoop doesn't know of a spell to detox victims of radiation exposure, or a spell to specifically cure radiation sickness. Han's question gets him thinking, "What a way to gain a reputation! If Derric, Serric, and I had that power, and used it on the denizens of Glow City, word would eventually reach the shadow community...."

Swoop tells Han that he thinks it is an idea worth investigating, and asks Han to help him enlist the other mages in this project. Swoop has one doubt, "What did that geiger counter tell you? How long can we safely remain in that building?"

OOC:

Questions for the GM:

* What readings does Han get in the various areas he checked?

* Can the mages develop the three spells? Will it destroy game balance?

* Will Derric and Serric help Swoop?
Sren
Short of magic, you're not going to convice a store owner to let a teenager to "try" an expensive toy that he is only likely to need once.
Sren
Ed's "found" a couple of containers of goodies this month. He's anxious to get rid of all of it at once (he wants to see each container whole, including the container with is worth about 15,000 Nuyen used or about 1,000 nuyen as scrapp iron)
Jan ’56: Medical Supplies
(he wants 300,000 nuyen, less than 3% of its market value)
1,000 rating 6 medkits with extra supplies
1,000 biomonitors
10,000 various antidote patches
10,000 rate 5 stimulant patches
10,000 rate 10 tranqu patches
10,000 rate 5 tranq patches
10,000 trauma patches

Jan ’56: Container of UCAS armor
(he wants 300,000 nuyen, less than 10% of its market value)
100 Chameleon Suits with rate 4 thermal dampening and helmet (market price: 12,100)
100 Full Body armor with helmet, chem. Seal, chemical protection 3, fire resistance 3, nonconductivity 3 and shock frills. (market price: 16,650)
100 each Taser Shields, Riot Shields, Ballistic Shields.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
Short of magic, you're not going to convice a store owner to let a teenager to "try" an expensive toy that he is only likely to need once.

Han feels like he is getting no respect. What else is new?

(OOC: /rolls willpower + influence to react diplomatically. 1 success) ohplease.gif

Han sighs and says, "Let me think about it.", and leaves.
crimson ronin
wow lets buy all those goodies! biggrin.gif
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
Ed's "found" a couple of containers of goodies this month...

Jan ’56: Medical Supplies 
        (he wants 300,000 nuyen...

Jan ’56: Container of UCAS armor 
        (he wants 300,000 nuyen...

600,000 nuyen.gif !!! Han doesn't have that much juice!

"Gee, Ed. I'd like to help you. I would if I could. I haven't got the cash, and no one will give me any credit.

"Armor, huh? If it were those Actioneer Business suits, no problem. On the other hand, I still have 200 unsold vests from the first batch.

"Medical Supplies, huh? Ed, my man, that's tempting. Course, I never tried to move medical supplies before."

Han thinks the smugglers might be interested in some of this stuff, as it is all combat related. Han is not really in the mood to haggle with the survivalists right now. On the other hand - business IS business.

"Ed, I'll tell you what. Let me make a few calls. I know a guy who knows some guys. If I can sell this stuff right away, then we have a deal. Otherwise, I just don't carry that big a stick. Credstick, get it?" wink.gif

Han calls the Baron, the smugglers, and the survivalists. He describes the merchandise, omitting exact quantities, and asks if they are interested. Han forgets to mention to the survivalists that the armor is UCAS armor.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (De Badd Ass)
QUOTE (Sren)
Street docs don't have web pages, and rarely advertise their place of business. They depend on word of mouth to bring customers to them (wouldn't want too many violent criminals to know where you keep all the valuable drugs...). So, how do you find one (who do you ask)?

Han asks various people on the street around the site where they go when the need a doctor. He'll offer some a 5 or a 10 spot - whatever a meal costs these days. He'll also ask for the location of the nearest mission, and go there to locate a doctor.

QUOTE (Sren)
There are no missions in glow city, and most such places closed up recently in the wake of the universal brotherhood (I believe much of that happened in '55, right?) and the associated suspicion that many such places in the barrens suffered, including significant violence around places that MAY have had bug influence. The inner city places have reopened, but are shy away from awakened characters. If Han wanders into the inner city (I'll assume he does), he can get some basic information about what symptoms to look for, and give some advice on how to protect himself (drink red wine, get away from glow city).

Han contacts the inner city clinics regarding the medical supplies. It then occurs to Han that Bob, the bartender, probably knows about clinics and street docs; and if not, he knows who to ask. Han gives Bob a ring.

Han had heard about an abandoned hospital near Glow City called The Body Mall. He asks the other group members if they want to check it out. Meanwhile, Han is wondering about transportation. They would have to acquire a semi in order to haul a container around. Details...Details...

OOC: Are they interested? Do they refer him to other clinics?
Sren

*I'll have to research the body mall...

*Bob doesn't have antyhing useful to add for local clinics other than to give you the locations of ones you could find in a phonebook. Seattle has multiple public clinics, but the public ones propably aren't going to do buisiness with a child (rules about who they can buy from and all that... ).

*The few miserable squatters further into low city don't look like they've seen a doctor in a long time (a couple hits on an assensing test tells you not to spend too much time around these people). Those on the outskirts are reluctant to share any information (or talk at all). Make an etiquette test, and post a brief description of how you approach someone (intimidate, lie, bribe or tell some portion of the truth).

*Have you guys decided what foci / guns you're selling? You should have ended up with a few hundred thousand, right?

*If you mention them to the survivalists, they're only interested in the medkits, and only a few of them at that (They think everyone should have one, but most shoppers would buy a medkit from a more trustworthy source).

*Ed will deliver the goods to you, but you'll have to get them to your customers on your own.

*Also, something I think I forgot to mention (too many thins oing on), the bartender found a few locations, I'll try to have descriptions ready by gametime. He's going to need at least 1,000,000 to get started (make a serious downpayment (little collateral), renovation, stocking, advertising, and hiring employees).

*Remember, you can ask/bribe your contacts for favors. They are ral people, so just having a contact doesn't mean they can always help, but you can always ask.

*So we have Bob, the troll bartender/owner.
*Ed Murphy, the clepto dockworker.
*Maria, the AZzie talismonger.
*Mac, the chop shop boss.
*The baron, leader of a large but small potatos gang.
**Two smugglers who work for the same captain, running a SEA, AZ, Carib. route.

* As for using a gieger counter, if you buy one. It still requires a computer+logic check. Finding out how much you can take is also a matter of question, you have to set the level at which the alarm goes off for long term exposure (and when the alarm goes off for short term exposure, its already too late to escape damage).

*Did I miss anyone? How much cash can you get together for Ed? What questions have I missed?

*Do you really want some hints form the GM, I don't like ot suggest detailed actions because it feels like I'm dictating actions then...?

*You don't get Ed's next offer until you buy or turn down this one.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
*I'll have to research the body mall...

*Have you guys decided what foci / guns you're selling? You should have ended up with a few hundred thousand, right?

*Remember, you can ask/bribe your contacts for favors. They are ral people, so just having a contact doesn't mean they can always help, but you can always ask.

*Did I miss anyone? How much cash can you get together for Ed? What questions have I missed?

*Do you really want some hints form the GM, I don't like ot suggest detailed actions because it feels like I'm dictating actions then...?

*You don't get Ed's next offer until you buy or turn down this one.

Han decides to pass on these two shipments. There doesn't seem to be any interest in either the armor, or the medical supplies. Plus, the logistics are too complicated on an order this size. Han thinks he needs a warehouse, and a semi. Han figures the next time the "gang" hijacks a semi, maybe he should keep the truck, too.

Han is also worried about attracting the attention of dock gangs, and the mobs.

Han gives Ed 500 nuyen.gif. "Beer money", Han says.

Han bribes Bob to buy him a new GammaScout online for 1,200 nuyen.gif. It is more user-friendly, and has a USB port for connection to a computer or commlink for continuous monitoring.

Han asks Diamond, Vega, and Sledge if they are interested in investigating the crime mall.

OOC:
  • Earlier you said the smugglers were the ones that can deal with bulk. You failed to mention whether or not they are interested in these shipments.
  • You also failed to mention The Baron's response. Han was hoping the Baron could be an "adult front" for his activities. That's why he took the Baron as a contact. I realize that these items are not what the Baron normally deals with. Is The Baron an adult? How many "adults" are in the gang?
  • Does Ed work out of Tacoma or Harbor Island (Seattle)? Where are the smugglers located?
  • I believe Sledge got 22,500 nuyen.gif from the survivalists for the guns. I don't know if he actually made the deal with Maria the talismonger. Swoop recommended that we barter instead of dealing in cash. Derric and Serric never provided a list of magic items they wanted - either from the loot, or from Maria. Swoop is holding off until he gets Han's report on radiation levels.
  • After selling off all trade goods, Han has 470,000 nuyen.gif (minus the cost of the GammaScout), and 200 vests - not enough to buy the two shipments, and not enough to move on Bob's deal.
  • Sledge has the money from the survivalists, and the other party credsticks - a little over 90,000 nuyen.gif.
  • Will a tractor-trailer rig (semi pulling a 40' container) fit inside the paint shop?
  • Off-topic: Check this out!
  • Are there any abandoned fire stations nearby the glow city building?
damaleon
Before Han passes on the deal, Sledge wants a chance to chat with his smuggler contact and the ship captain. and see if we can work out a deal with the smugglers for both cargo containers. Sledge and Han can stress that the they can be delivered ready to go, all it will cost them is 30% market cost (3.25 million) to start the negotiation.
Sren
I didn't remember you asking about the smugglers, as they would be interested. (I just reread the last couple days posts, and see that you did, sorry). The smugglers are interested in the armor and medical supplies, but only have enough room right now for one container worth of merchandise, and are particularly interested in the armor. If you tell them what you have, they offer 500,000 nuyen, and tell you they can come back in a two months for the medical supplies.

Damaleon, make a negotiation test for the smugglers, if Han doesn't object... and we'll see where it ends up between 500k and 1 million... Also, remember to think about how much of the medical supplies you might want to keep. And if you want the medical supplies, you'll need to buy and store them now.

I haven't drawn up the plans for the paint shop yet, for now, lets assume a container fits without the attached semi. You could always buy an extension if you really wanted too.

Ed and the Smugglers work out of the same dock... lets assume Tacoma.

The NPC mages would like some conjuring supplies and a little pocket cash. The dwarf focusses on sire spirits and the elf focuses on air spirits, but they both suggest acquiring multiple sets of conjuring materials for every spirit type.

What rules did you guys decide to adopt for the magical group? As a note, I'll do fully encourage the "Oath" requirement, but I'm going to house rule a chance of magic loss if you break your oath (somehting that favors the character if it was unintentional and the group forgives him in character, and something very unfavorable if he just ingores his oath). Its an easy ordeal if you take it though, (and there has to be meaningful rules to take it).

Did you choose to pay to aspect the power site? Did you buy a water tank and/or additional generator (did you want a separate generator for this building)?

Keeping the astral area clean does seem to have some impact on the effect of radiation, sugesting that maybe radiation has a mana component. However, physical cleaning is the only way to make the place truly safe. Simple research will tell you how to do some basic cleaning, but serious (months worth) or research and some ammount of skill (Requires a relevant knowledge skill, the mechanics group or demolitions can be used as complimentary skills).

Simple cleanup includes thorough cleaning, and removal of as much physical matter as possible. Which means removing all the dust and dirt in the area, and removal of as much of the walls and furnature as possible. The 200k included removing all non-essential material from the basement, shielded flooring, and replacement of the lenolium in the rest of the building. Replacement of all of the glass would be better, as would removal (and replacement) of everything not an essential (non-load-bearing walls, doors, windows, plumbing, wiring, etc.) which could easily cost in the millions of nuyen (if you could convince someone to build a new building, it would be cheaper to do that, but work crews don't really want to work out here).

Research with the geiger counter doesn't show any immediate danger, you wouldn't want to live there for years, but assuming the Azzies didn't do more to you than you're aware of, you shouldn't mutate from the radiation here. As for spells, mutation and cancer can't be healed, however, an increase body spell will let you resist the ill effects of radiation longer.

OK, did I miss anything? its past my bedtime, more tomorrow night.
damaleon
First, I decided Dragon is a better fit with Sledge, and may or may not get a reaction out of the dragon the next time we talk to him.

Okay, considering how big this could be for Han and Sledge, and the group in general, Sledge spends a point of edge, and with Han's assistance, and apparently the intervention of Dragon, he manages 9 hits on the negotiation test.

Figured we would wait until we meet in Saturday to decide what we sell in terms of magical gear, so right now, party funds are around 90k after dealing with the survivalist, and Han has his stash for wheeling and dealing that's over 200k I think.

We will decide if we keep the power site then too. Will likely depend on how much we can make off of this deal and the medical supplies.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
The smugglers are interested in the armor and medical supplies, but only have enough room right now for one container worth of merchandise, and are particularly interested in the armor. If you tell them what you have, they offer 500,000 nuyen, and tell you they can come back in a two months for the medical supplies.

...  Also, remember to think about how much of the medical supplies you might want to keep. And if you want the medical supplies, you'll need to buy and store them now.

I haven't drawn up the plans for the paint shop yet, for now, lets assume a container fits without the attached semi.

Ed and the Smugglers work out of the same dock... lets assume Tacoma.

The NPC mages would like some conjuring supplies and a little pocket cash. The dwarf focusses on sire spirits and the elf focuses on air spirits, but they both suggest acquiring  multiple sets of conjuring materials for every spirit type.

What rules did you guys decide to adopt for the magical group? ...

Did you choose to pay to aspect the power site? Did you buy a water tank and/or additional generator (did you want a separate generator for this building)? ...
Research with the geiger counter doesn't show any immediate danger, you wouldn't want to live there for years, but assuming the Azzies didn't do more to you than you're aware of, you shouldn't mutate from the radiation here. As for spells, mutation and cancer can't be healed, however, an increase body spell will let you resist the ill effects of radiation longer.

OK, did I miss anything?

OOC: I'm going to bed soon, too; so this will be quick. Won't be able to post again before tomorrow evening.

IC:

For that kind of money, Han is willing to take a chance, buy both containers, deliver the armor, and hold the medical supplies for a couple of months. He tells the smugglers what he has - while subtracting 10 Chameleon suits from the deal (He also asks Diamond and Horizon if they want Full Body Armor or shields).

Han tells Ed he has a deal. Han wants to repack the supplies into different containers. He asks Ed if he knows of a driver and semi for "hire". Assuming he does, Han asks the mages to summon some earth elementals to do the packing, and to conceal the operation. Han locates two empty containers, and has the gear moved from one to the other. Han sweeps the gear as this is happening.

Han asks the smugglers where they want the container of armor delivered, and has the driver deliver it. He then has the driver take the medical supplies to the paint shop, with the elementals concealing both moves. Note: The newly emptied containers replace the "borrowed" ones.

Han pays the driver well, and offers him 500 nuyen.gif extra for driving lessons.

OOC:
  • The other reason we haven't done the talismonger deal yet is that I am waiting to get my copy of Street Magic. I hope to visit Other Realms tomorrow, and I hope it is in.
  • Same goes for the magic group rules and stuff.
  • We need to vote on the power site - this Saturday. Of course, Derric and Serric each get a vote.
damaleon
Vega has a suggestion for some the excess gear and supplies we have, and will be keeping from the container, and pulls Swoop assigned to run it by him, as he doesn't have the necessary magical knowledge to know if it's possible.

"Here's what I am thinking, is it possible for you, Serric and Derric to use earth spirits to bury and hide some containers of gear in various areas in the Barrens? I know we could just dig a hole and cover it up, but that leaves a lot of evidence. Could an earth spirit do it without leaving a trace? If it can work, we can leave small caches of gear, like a pair of Predators, some clips, and armor jacket or 2, enough gear for an emergency for a one or a pair of us in low security zones, outside of our usual places. We can do it with gear we salvage, so we aren't loosing out on too much in terms of credits. That way if we get separated or desperate, we have several places we can get gear, maybe even a 100 nuyen.gif of cert cred so we can hit a coffin motel. So what to you think?"

I would suggest we keep 10-20 medkits, a couple boxes of supplies, and about 100-200 of each type of patch.
crimson ronin
you just described"safehouses" which was what i thought were trying to have 1 more of
Sren
If you want Ed to just deliver it to another spot on the docks, that's fine, he'll do that for free. The containers, however, are numbered, so you'll have to buy one (he gets rid of "found" containers ASAP). Like-new containers are 15,000 nuyen. And a driver will give you evenign lessons for 500 nuyen.

With Sledge's newly-acquired silver tongue, he talks the smugglers up to 700k for the armor (after you remove the ten chameleon suits). And the smugglers head out.

Ed's deal for Feb isn't as good, but its cheap, and keeping him happt is always good, also, the supplies just might come in handy some day.
Feb '56
Military Survival Gear
(Ed wants 150k for the lot, right about 10%)
500 sets of climing gear (100,000)
500 GPS units (100,000)
500 Hazmat Suits (500,000)
1,000 flashlights (25,000)
10,000 lightsticks (50,000)
1,000 magnesium torches (20,000)
500 microflare launchers (25,000)
1,000 microflares (25,000)
500 pairs of Rappeling Gloves (35,000)
500 respirators (rate 6) (300,000)
500 Grapple Guns (250,000)
50 100m spools of microwire (25,000)
50 100m spools of standard rope (25,000)

As for hiding a container, that's a tall order. I don't believe an earth elemental can hide it without leaving a trace, but there are plenty of places in glow city were the only prying eyes are cockroaches and the rare squater. So burying a container isn't a problem if thats what you want to do. See if you can come up with some creative ideas for hiding places for them. You can also buy smaller conainters (20' containers are 8,000, remind me to give you some interesting ideas tomorrow about containers).
damaleon
What I described was a box of stuff buried underground, don't see how that is a safehouse. A safehouse can be slept in, and while you can sleep in a hole in the ground, I doubt these would be big enough to fit in, and I wouldn't want all that dirt on top me if I planned on waking up biggrin.gif
Sren
Not enough room to sleep in? When you said "containers" I thought you meant 40-foot shipping containers, which would be more than enough room to sleep in.
damaleon
I said what we kept from the containers, not the containers themselves. Something the size of a cooler with a couple of guns, armored jacket or two, and a certified credstick with a 100 nuyen.gif on it for a decent meal and a coffin motel stay. Just a few emergeny caches, for the almost worst case senario (you lose everything but your life). At least, that's what I was refering to in the post about 5 spots up.
crimson ronin
sorry when your being hunted a hole in the ground is where i thought people hide sadam certainly thought so anyway a safehouse is what i thought we were making the building into is this whats going on ? everyone can just bring me up to date tomorrow as ill need to fix my characters anyways
Sren
Any comments on the container of survival gear offered by Ed?
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
What rules did you guys decide to adopt for the magical group? As a note, I'll do fully encourage the "Oath" requirement, but I'm going to house rule a chance of magic loss if you break your oath (somehting that favors the character if it was unintentional and the group forgives him in character, and something very unfavorable if he just ingores his oath). Its an easy ordeal if you take it though, (and there has to be meaningful rules to take it).

OOC: I now have Street Magic smile.gif

Swoop likes the following:

Purpose: Initiatory; Pursue magical knowledge; Personal development; Support Diamond's Gang.

Strictures: attendence (Rituals); Fraternity; Secrecy.

Group Strictures: Limited Membership (Members of Diamond's Gang), Oath.

OOC: Crimson Ronin came up with a cool name for our group of runaways, and I forgot what is was, so I referred to it as Diamond's Gang above. We also need a name for the Magical group.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
If you want Ed to just deliver it to another spot on the docks, that's fine, he'll do that for free. The containers, however, are numbered, so you'll have to buy one (he gets rid of "found" containers ASAP). Like-new containers are 15,000 nuyen...

Ed's deal for Feb isn't as good, but its cheap, and keeping him happt is always good....

OOC: The idea is for Ed not to know the new container numbers. It seems strange that we can't find two empty containers in all of Tacoma that nobody is watching. New containers are $2500 which should be 7500 nuyen.gif by your formula, and used containers are >$1000.

It IS survival gear, so Han gives the survivalists a ring (OOC: need some names).

"The smuggler's won't be back for another month", Han thinks, "or maybe they have a local agent." Han gives them a call as well.

Han tries to disguise himself as mid-twenties (1 success on disguise roll). He isn't all that pleased with the results, and figures he needs a professional disguise kit. He asks Bob to order the best for him online. Han reconsiders, and asks Bob to order eight. He figures everyone in the group could use one.

If this works, Han will try to get a fake ID that matches his disguise. That, and one of his new business suits, just might do the trick.

OOC: Are the survivalists, or the smugglers interested in this gear?

Sren
The containers are tracked electronically, the numbers on the side are just extra. And I thought new containers were $5,000... I'll check it out.

And the survivalists ae interested in a few of everything, but they can't store very much, so won't buy more than 10% between the two of them. Since they aren't mainstream stores, they don't sell for full price, so they can't pay the normal 30% starting point. for negotiations. Did anyone pay for them to be contacts?
damaleon
Yeah, I have Vega add one and Sledge add the other
crimson ronin
guys sorry i cannot make it today something came up
Sren
Sorry you won't be ther crimson.

I'm leaving in a few minutes. I need to get gas, so it'll be about 4:45 when I get there.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
The containers are tracked electronically...

All the more reason to switch containers.

QUOTE (Sren)
I thought new containers were $5,000...  I'll check it out.

Rigger 3 puts the 20' container at 10,000 nuyen.gif and the 40' container at 15,000 nuyen.gif. What do I know? /shrugs.

QUOTE (Sren)
the survivalists ... Did anyone pay for them to be contacts?

Han has the one interested in "combat gear".
Sren
As discussed last night, we won't be meeting next time, and pendng Jon's schedule, we might miss two more meetings this year, so remember to check back here before showing up.

Dionysus, you still interested? If you are, I'm planning on the easy way to add you, by just having your characters take the place of a couple of the chracters whose players left (haven't heard from two players inseveral months, so I"m assuming they won't come back). Just a reality change, in character, the characters will believe that your characters are the ones that have always been there...

Crimson, since you missed last night, would you like to discuss any IC actions here before anyone starts discussing the last adventure? Of note, the party now has significant magical resources, including weapon foci, if you're interested (rate two knives and katanas, and rate 6 knives). I know weapon foci don't do a lot for you, just wanted to make sure you had a chance before the party sold them (not that the party is in need of cash at the moment).
De Badd Ass
Swoop asks, "How about calling our new Magical Group 'CounterThreats'? Do you think we can attract members with a name like that?

"CounterThreats: saving Seattle.

"Do you think our name should say something about our Aztlan chummers? Would we gather more interest that way"
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
...not that the party is in need of cash at the moment.

Han's cred balance is just under 700k nuyen.gif. He has a lot more tied up in inventory. He would like to reduce his inventory, and position himself to take advantage of the next opportunity. At the moment, over a third of that inventory is stuff that our mages have expressed an interest in. "Kids in a candy store!"

"They said, 'Save me one of each'. Get real, they could never use it all! (OOC: It would take the 5 mages over 3,000 karma to bond "one of each".)

"FYI: Ed Murphy has made almost 2,000,000 nuyen.gif on these deals. Do you think he likes me?"
Sren
I thought you had 1.5 million nuyen!!! What did it all get spent on?
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
I thought you had 1.5 million nuyen!!! What did it all get spent on?

Han keeps the money from his deals separate from the party fund. Sledge had another 700,000 nuyen.gif in the party fund before his last purchases: 200,000 nuyen.gif to clean up the power site, and 22,000 nuyen.gif in binding materials. I don't know how much "pocket money" he gave Derric and Serric.

OOC: Speaking of funds, how much should we be deducting for lifestyle expenses, and how many months have gone by?
damaleon
Forgot about all the different kinds of foci.

Being that we are limited to 5 times our Magic in Force points for Bonded Foci (p. 85 of SR4, unless that only applies to creation), Sledge is interested in only 8 foci being set asside for his later use.

Quick question, Counterspelling Focus description says it is effective if it is countering a spell of the appropriate catagory to the type of focus, so does that mean they divided among the spell types as well?

1. Shielding F6
2. Weapon F6 (ritual knife)
3. Summoning (Man) F6
4. Binding (Man) F6
5. Sustaining F6
6. Summoning (Fire) F2
7. Binding (Fire) F2
8. Counterspelling F6

That along with the Combat and Power foci already put aside are as many as he will be bonding in the next couple years of play.
De Badd Ass
OOC:

QUOTE (damaleon)
Forgot about all the different kinds of foci.

Being that we are limited to 5 times our Magic in Force points for Bonded Foci (p. 85 of SR4, unless that only applies to creation), Sledge is interested in only 8 foci being set asside for his later use....

That along with the Combat and Power foci already put aside are as many as he will be bonding in the next couple years of play.

Not sure. You might want to ask that question in another section of the forum - then again, maybe not.

IMHO: that rule applies to character creation. The appropriate rule for an existing character is "No magician may bind more foci than her Magic attribute. (SR4 p191: Bonding)." You are reserving 10 Foci totalling 47 force points, so it is practically a moot point in this case. My guess is that by the time Sledge's Magic equals eleven, we will have acquired some more foci. rotfl.gif

QUOTE (damaleon)
Quick question, Counterspelling Focus description says it is effective if it is countering a spell of the appropriate catagory to the type of focus, so does that mean they divided among the spell types as well?

Good question! I had assumed that since the shipment only contained combat spellcasting foci, the counterspelling foci were also of the combat type.

otoh: Stupid Question! What are you going to do with a Counterspelling Focus when you already have a Shielding Focus on your list? The Shielding Focus does the job of 5 Counterspelling Foci, and you can only use one or the other at a time. I recommend that you delete the Counterspelling Focus from your list. Get a Centering Focus instead.

While you are at it: Replace the 2 Force 6 Summoning Foci, the 2 Force 6 Binding Foci, the Force 3 Combat Focus and the Force 4 Power Focus with a Force 6 Power Focus and a force 6 Centering Focus. Those two foci do the same jobs as the other six. Plus, you will save 44 Karma. That's enough karma to bond the Shielding Focus. And by not bonding the counterspelling focus, you will have saved enough Karma to initiate twice and take Centering and Shielding. This is important because you will no longer need a Magic of 10 to bond all your foci as you will only be bonding 6 foci. You can do that without initiating.

QUOTE (damaleon)
...are as many as he will be bonding in the next couple years of play.

Not any more! nyahnyah.gif
damaleon
Okay, just these then:

1. Shielding F6
2. Weapon F6 (ritual knife)
3. Sustaining F6
4. Sustaining F6
5. Centering F6
6. Power F6
Sren
Only combat counterspelling foci (I had forgotten when I wrote the list that counterspelling foci were dependant on spell category). And good catch on the efficiency of metamagic foci (shielding and centering). Remember, you can only gain as many dice on the roll from foci as the relevant score being boosted.
*Power foci boost all magical skills except counterspelling, so the limit on dice for any specific test is equal to the skill.
*Shielding provides a bonus to counterspelling, so a shielding focus should run out of usefullness as soon as your reach initiate grade 6 (I'll check up on this further).
*Centering adds to drain tests, which has no relevant skill, so until further notice, centering foci can't add more than your initiate grade to drain tests (which still makes them the onlu foci useful at high force, as initiate grade isn't limited).

As for lifestyle, as far as I know, your only expenses are utilities at the paint shop and gas station, and food. So 500 total total nuyen per month per character, its been 6 months, and there are 12 characters in the goup. Thats a total bill of 36,000 for something better than squatter, but not as good as low. When you're out of combat, you can work to increase the quality of life, all it takes in money and a contact who can legitimize your legal purchases. Life isn't perfect, but the group has access to millions of Nuyen, one local contact who can legitimize moderate purchases, and they know a couple people who MIGHT be able to help liquidate some of those resources, and are in the process of getting mroe contacts or even allies (if they take advantage of all of their opportunities).

After the current adventure, there should be another 6-month time pass. This adventure should take about one month of incharacter time (three or four game sessions).

Also, BA, Derric and Serric each wanted to have about 10k in certified cred to carry around. Is this agreeable? They suggest the same for other party members...
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren @ Sep 11 2006, 10:05 PM)
As for lifestyle... Thats a total bill of 36,000 for something better than squatter, but not as good as low.

Derric and Serric each wanted to have about 10k in certified cred to carry around. Is this agreeable? They suggest the same for other party members...

Sounds good to me. I will deduct 96k from the party funds.

10k in pocket change. What movie was that from, Coming to America?

Edit: "Twelve Characters" means I will deduct 156k from the party funds
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (damaleon)
Okay, just these then:

1.  Shielding F6
2.  Weapon F6 (ritual knife)
3.  Sustaining F6
4.  Sustaining F6
5.  Centering F6
6.  Power F6

Fine. You will have to order the Centering Focus from Maria. Han has the others "in stock".

OOC: I think you will find that more manageable. You can bond those 6 foci for just 210 karma (Just! heh heh heh... I crack myself up). Plus 22 karma and 2 ordeals to initiate twice more.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
good catch on the efficiency of metamagic foci (shielding and centering). Remember, you can only gain as many dice on the roll from foci as the relevant score being boosted.

Do Derric and Serric want to adjust their thinking, or do they still want "one of each"?

Also, what do Derric and Serric think of the name "CounterThreats"?
Sren
As for what Derric and Serric want for Foci, They both want some time to think about it (I'll look over the list again sometime soon).

For the group name; neither Derric or Serric are very excited about counterthreat, but they don't care enough to come up with a better name. The pursuit of power is more important than the importance of the name used to refer to ones peer group.
De Badd Ass
QUOTE (Sren)
For the group name; neither Derric or Serric are very excited about counterthreat, but they don't care enough to come up with a better name. The pursuit of power is more important than the importance of the name used to refer to ones peer group.

Swoop agrees to the name "The Pursuit of Power". Now it is up to Sledge, the remaining charter member!
Sren
Now that I think o fit... Persuit of Power... Pure power... maybe its just sleepyness getting to my brain, but I like the word POWER... any ideas for a name using POWER.

Hnnn... Word(s) of Power... nope, WOP sounds to silly...
Maybe something complicated to feed the hermetic stereotype...
Ehhh... wait until the next adventure is over before deciding on a name in character, unless we agree on counterthreat anyways.
Sren
Wow, simultaneous post... think you'll match the timestamp on this one too, or am I fast enough?

Goodnight BA, 11pm, past my bedtime smile.gif
damaleon
It does have a nice ring too it. Sounds good to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012