Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diary Of A Madman’s Lab Rat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
blakkie
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 18 2006, 04:29 PM)
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Apr 18 2006, 09:57 AM)
If I didn't know better I'd say this was one of Adam's disguises smile.gif

I'm wearing a skirt today, but that's as close as it gets.

Once again, when they ask you don't call it a skirt. You say: "It's a kilt damn it.....and yes some clans traditionally used sequens instead of a tartan pattern." rotate.gif
hyzmarca
And now for a non-sequitur

http://www.utilikilts.com/

Down with pants! Up With Kilts!
eidolon
I would have ordered mine a few nights ago, but I'm stuck in

Oh no! Do I get the Original??? OR the MOcker??? OR TeH WorkMan!?1!/1??

God. I hate being indecisive. I think I want the Workman. Who has one of these? Arrrgh. I need mine soon or I'll die. Or something. Must...make...decision...
FanGirl
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Apr 18 2006, 09:23 PM)
IAA IAA CTHULHU FTHAGN!

Fun fact: The words "Cthulhu fthagn" fit perfectly to the tune of "Hakuna Matata." Try singing it sometime!

EDIT: The day a man can walk down the street wearing a skirt, without being mocked or judged unfairly, is the day that we will truly be able to say that our society has attained complete gender equality. Noone bats an eye at a woman wearing pants anymore, but a man wearing a skirt is still an object of ridicule for the most part.
Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (FanGirl)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Apr 18 2006, 09:23 PM)
IAA IAA CTHULHU FTHAGN!

Fun fact: The words "Cthulhu fthagn" fit perfectly to the tune of "Hakuna Matata." Try singing it sometime!

so is vagina dentata
eidolon
QUOTE (FanGirl)
EDIT: The day a man can walk down the street wearing a skirt, without being mocked or judged unfairly, is the day that we will truly be able to say that our society has attained complete gender equality. Noone bats an eye at a woman wearing pants anymore, but a man wearing a skirt is still an object of ridicule for the most part.

You'd be surprised. Most guys I know that have/wear a kilt say you just constantly get compliments and interested inquiries. Besides, it makes for an instant "people sorting" tool.

Make "fun" of someone for wearing a comfortable garment? You're a tool that I wouldn't ever want to willingly associate with.

See? Works perfectly.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (emo samurai)
IAA IAA CTHULHU FTHAGN!

You're already tainting Drop Bears. Please, not Lovecraft too.

So.... back to the queation I asked like, 8 pages ago. Are you ever going to actually play this game, or just talk about it for a long time and call it good? Seriously, I want to hear what this game is like.

Emo, I don't think you should be allowed to post/read FanGirl's thread. No diss on you or anything. Just that you tend to get in arguements with people (not always your fault either. not saying that), and it takes up space.

I don't mean so much right now, but when you guys actually start his game. After all, she can't read/post on your thread because you don't want the spurise ruined for her. I think it should go both ways. Maybe that's just me though.
FanGirl
1. To dispel any doubt about whether or not Emo's campaign is going down: it is. The first session will be this Saturday at 1 PM CST. I'm not sure when the second session will be, however, because my mom and dad will be visiting me the weekend after this one. Call it a hunch, but I don't think it will sit well with my parents if I tell them, "I'm sorry, but I can't spend my quality time with you, even though you've been really looking forward to coming to see me. I have go play a game in which I pretend to be a criminal with a bunch of boys you don't know." grinbig.gif

2. I encourage Emo to read anything posted in any of my threads, and to comment on them as well. Sure, I can't look at his threads, but as the GM he has a right to a certain degree of secrecy that I just don't have. Plus, I want him to hear my ideas and opinions, and the silly quibbling that tends to arise between Emo and the other forum members is greatly amusing.
I should mention that I'm thinking of starting a new thread on the day of the first session. This one, quite frankly, is much longer than I had expected it to be; one might even say it's too long for a thread that's just about preliminaries. I'll link to this thread on the new one for easy reference purposes.
Adam
QUOTE (blakkie @ Apr 18 2006, 09:30 PM)
Once again, when they ask you don't call it a skirt. You say: "It's a kilt damn it.....and yes some clans traditionally used sequens instead of a tartan pattern."  rotate.gif

I'm too lazy for that. Time is wasted on those that don't "get it" and I'd rather spend the time talking to those that do. It's technically a kilt [Utilikilt, regular, black, FanPro dress code approved]

No sequins. Sorry.

Admin stuff: And we're really, really off topic, but this thread has never been real good about being on topic. This thread can continue as a giant mutant thread, but I'd ask that some of the off-topic and back-and-forth-IM-style-posting-between-two-or-three-people posting in OTHER threads be curtailed. Thanks.
fistandantilus4.0
FanGirl:
1-yay! actual game time! Eventually! I understand about the whole family thing though. I always tell my players that their family has to come first. We'll wait for more (impatiently, but we'll wait).

2-that's a good idea

Adam: Got any pictures? biggrin.gif
Kremlin KOA
What? we don't ritually sacrifice our families to the great GM in the sky anymore?

grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
That's hard to do more than once. Even if you have more than one GM, the others usually wise up.
nezumi
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

*sigh* Still $150. How is it that kilts are over a hundred bucks and pants are $20 new? I'll get my kilt when I see it in the second hand shop (but then, of course, it'll be miscategorized with the women's clothes, and I only go in that section when it's time for Rocky Horror Picture Show).

Seriously though, why is the price so high? Is it related to demand? Can we expect the price to lower as the public becomes more aware of them? Finally, does that mean we can expect to see more trolls in kilts when the time comes?
hyzmarca
A quick google search shows kilts on sale for as little as $13 USD. Unfortuantly, I have only seen 2 types of men's kilts for such low prices, plaid and leather fetish. The leather fetish kilt doesn't provide significant coverage and probably shouldn't be worn in public outside leather fairs.
blakkie
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

That slogan seems to be exposing it's multiple layers.
blakkie
QUOTE (nezumi)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Apr 18 2006, 11:15 PM)

*sigh* Still $150. How is it that kilts are over a hundred bucks and pants are $20 new? I'll get my kilt when I see it in the second hand shop (but then, of course, it'll be miscategorized with the women's clothes, and I only go in that section when it's time for Rocky Horror Picture Show).

Seriously though, why is the price so high? Is it related to demand? Can we expect the price to lower as the public becomes more aware of them? Finally, does that mean we can expect to see more trolls in kilts when the time comes?

Freedom costs? smile.gif

They are going to be small run jobs, and likely from industial grade quality cloth. Compare that to the 10's of millions of sweat production using suspect denim that those $20 pants likely represent.
stevebugge
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 19 2006, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Apr 18 2006, 11:15 PM)

Freedom costs? smile.gif

They are going to be small run jobs, and likely from industial grade quality cloth. Compare that to the 10's of millions of sweat production using suspect denim that those $20 pants likely represent.

And bringing this remotely back on topic......

They are Located in Interbay between the Queen Anne and Magnolia Neighborhoods in Seattle. Your Runners could visit the warehouse on their way to play golf at the Interbay Family Golf Center.
nezumi
While I can certainly understand why runners would fashion (haha) a run specifically to lift some high quality clothes from an impeccable fashion center, somehow I expect 'World o' Kilts' would be too narrow in its interests to justify the work. Unless your troll sammie REALLY liked kilts.
emo samurai
How could you possibly taint Drop Bears? The Drop Bears ARE taint in all its insidious forms.

And in my game, powergaming is encouraged. I mean, what are shadowrunners but professional powergamers?
hyzmarca
QUOTE (nezumi)
While I can certainly understand why runners would fashion (haha) a run specifically to lift some high quality clothes from an impeccable fashion center, somehow I expect 'World o' Kilts' would be too narrow in its interests to justify the work. Unless your troll sammie REALLY liked kilts.

Does anyone remember that episode of Sliders where they went to world where the police all wore kilts. After a great deal of comtemplation they finally figured it out, they we're kilts. In that world J. Edgar Hoover was once elected President and made various sweeping lawenfocement reforms (including getting rid of that annoying Bill of Rights). Hoover, of course, was a notorious crossdreser.
emo samurai
POWERGAMERS UNITE!!!! Let's FYAD this thread to death; she'll just make another one. This will be the new off-topic forum!!!!
Waltermandias

Amen brother! Kilts forever! Let us band together and end the tyranny of the pants! It is time for men to have access to the joy that is a well ventilated nether region!

Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (nezumi)

dude World O kilts still sells Hailand Heritage line kilts

thise things provide the same armor as a long coat for all over protection, and it is concentrated to guard ya bollocks.

Best of all, 10K nuyen per kilt
Shrike30
QUOTE (emo samurai)
POWERGAMERS UNITE!!!! Let's FYAD this thread to death; she'll just make another one. This will be the new off-topic forum!!!!

Oh god.
emo samurai
OFF TOPIC!!! OFF TOPIC!!!
nezumi
Boy emo... Seems you don't have really good memory. Weren't you banned not a week ago for this sort of thing?

BTW, I seem to recollect someone asking earlier when the game is and not getting an answer. So when is the game and when can we expect Fangirl's next update 'from the field'?
emo samurai
I already told you: SATURDAY.

And this is a friend's forum; I'm sure it's okay to do this. Besides, Adam already said this could degenerate into a pile of meaningless psychosis.
James McMurray
Just because it can doesn't mean it should. There are other ways to handle boredom. smile.gif
Azralon
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Just because it can doesn't mean it should. There are other ways to handle boredom. smile.gif

Ha! Well said.
emo samurai
Like siccing barghest whelps on old ladies and then punching them in the face?
emo samurai
Fangirl, I think your thread is going DOWN. I'm so sorry.
Shrike30
Adam, is this an experiment in containment policies, kind of like putting peanut butter in a cage?
emo samurai
Peanut butter in a cage?

Oh, yeah, animal trapping.

Just make sure you don't catch a skunk, or a bear.

And another campaign idea: AWAKENED SKUNKS!!! You'd need alchemical hydrogen peroxide to get rid of that smell.
James McMurray
Nah, if you were really sorry you wouldn't try to do it. Apologies during the commitment of an act are kinda pointless. Besides, closing the thread would be rewarding you, which would only teach you to continue. smile.gif

Back on topic: Well, nevermind. I guess we have tow ait until Saturday to have an on topic. smile.gif
eidolon
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 19 2006, 08:17 AM)
*sigh*  Still $150.  How is it that kilts are over a hundred bucks and pants are $20 new?  I'll get my kilt when I see it in the second hand shop (but then, of course, it'll be miscategorized with the women's clothes, and I only go in that section when it's time for Rocky Horror Picture Show).

Seriously though, why is the price so high?  Is it related to demand?  Can we expect the price to lower as the public becomes more aware of them?  Finally, does that mean we can expect to see more trolls in kilts when the time comes?

Each kilt being handmade, out of materials that don't come from a third world sweatshop. Them running a very niche business. Paying their employees decently. High quality goods.

And I doubt you'll see lower. In the few months I've been procrastinating, prices have gone up across the board by at least $15.
Adam
UtiliKilt does have a Scratch and Dent section where you can buy not-perfect or returned kilts at a discount.
Lindt
And to anyone planning on being @ Gencon, Id wager to guess after the bang-up busniess they did last year, they will be back. Save on your shipping costs, and get a place to wear it with no redicule at all. So long as your bathe at least once every other week.

fistandantilus4.0
I'm just unsure how to feel about Adam posting off topic. It's like Joseph Smith just asked me for a smoke.

You'll get that if you've ever spent time in Utah BTW
emo samurai
Is he usually a hardass? I don't usually see him closing down threads unless people start yelling at each other, and he usually lets that go on for, like, 10 pages. Does Fangirl just have a "settle down or you'll die old, alone, and hated by people who don't even know you" aura?
emo samurai
I said the whole thing about dying old, alone, and hated by people who don't even know you because "humanizing" seemed too strong a word.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Is he usually a hardass?

Adam a hardass? No, but he does do what he can to preserve some sense of order (thank God). Just don't tick off Bull. biggrin.gif
emo samurai
I've never seen him post.
fistandantilus4.0
Really? Ever taken a gander at that litte section on the top of the SR4 section here that says Important Topics ? wink.gif
FanGirl
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Apr 19 2006, 11:43 PM)
Is he usually a hardass? I don't usually see him closing down threads unless people start yelling at each other, and he usually lets that go on for, like, 10 pages. Does Fangirl just have a "settle down or you'll die old, alone, and hated by people who don't even know you" aura?

Wow, I have power over admins. . . .

Should I use my powers for good or for awesome?
fistandantilus4.0
I want to say something smartassed just 'cause I'm in a mood, but I really shouldn't. So I'll sate myself by just saying that I should. smile.gif

You should use your powers to 'convince' them to give us Street Magic sooner.
Adam
No; kilts are just the only off-topic discussion I've seen in recent months that I care about.

And yes, this thread is a social experiment, as the amount of off-topic and back-and-forth-chit-chat posting in other threads in the SR4 forum, lately, has been at a level that makes me want to prevent many people from posting at all.

I do not like the leanings that the board has taken towards "perpetual" threads, as I favour short, focused discussions [less than 50 posts for SURE, ideally less than 25] that clearly outline a specific problem, discuss it, and then come to some sort of conclusion or let it die.
fistandantilus4.0
Honestly, that makes me unsure if I should post to say "sorry" or not.

But obviously I am anyways. But now I'll stop. Sorry.
emo samurai
Because this is such an official forum and we have to keep it official-sounding. Brief, surreptitious, constrained interactions breed community.
nezumi
Hmm... I suspect that, even though 90% of the thread is on topic and it is still addressing a major and current issue in the Shadowrun world, that Adam is not a follow of the Drop Bear Conspiracy thread. It's alright, in time he will be... You all will be...

In general I agree with Adam's position. We do tend to go off-topic so often that threads never reach their intended conclusion. But it's good to have some 'containment' threads (which, I note, all but one feature emo as an avid poster).
emo samurai
Dude, we're leprous.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012