Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diary Of A Madman’s Lab Rat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Valentinew
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Because this is such an official forum and we have to keep it official-sounding. Brief, surreptitious, constrained interactions breed community.

Are you TRYING to get banned? Why would you thumb your nose at an admin who's clearly trying to be kind to you?

Really, I was trying to be sympathetic before, 'cause I think you often do become the whipping boy for no other reason than you make it easy.

I know boys mature more slowly than girls, but could you try to act like you're older than 12? There are quite a few of us here that wanted to stay, if not on topic, then at least closer to it.

I don't mind a little off topic stuff now & then. It makes the boards a little more social (which might be the point you were trying to make, if poorly). But just randomly throwing in non-sequiturs to disrupt the thread is, imo, rude. Even the Drop Bears thread keeps a general theme....
Azralon
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 20 2006, 11:00 AM)
We do tend to go off-topic so often that threads never reach their intended conclusion.  But it's good to have some 'containment' threads (which, I note, all but one feature emo as an avid poster).

It's easy to reach conclusions when the thread topic is something like "Hey guys, what's the damage code for a Viper?" because there's a concrete answer that's easily given. smile.gif

When the topic is something like "Man, this rule is so easily exploited" or "This section could be interpreted a few ways, what do you guys think?" then there's no way for a pat conclusion to manifest itself. The thread will just keep going until something else shows up to replace it.
emo samurai
Are you TRYING to get banned? Why would you thumb your nose at an admin who's clearly trying to be kind to you?

To you, sir, I say this: I am merely presenting an educated argument in the form of a sarcastic remark. *Twirls French anime moustache and doffs glove at thee* biggrin.gif
FanGirl
QUOTE (emo samurai)
*Twirls French anime moustache and doffs glove at thee* biggrin.gif

*Imagines Emo with a handlebar mustache and fancy gloves*

rotfl.gif
Valentinew
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Apr 20 2006, 10:00 AM)
To you, sir

Finally! Proof positive that even you don't read the threads you start. nyahnyah.gif

biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'm about a third of the way down the page....
Azralon
Awesome.
emo samurai
I knew she was a woman; it was just funnier combining "sir" with *French anime moustache.*
FanGirl
"My dear madam/lady. . . ."
James McMurray
And "madam" is almost always funnier than sir because of the prostitute tie-in. smile.gif
stevebugge
And with that here is a nearly totally random tie in to Ballard, but you could use it as a location....Madame K's Pizza

http://www.inballard.com/Webroot/madameks.shtml
emo samurai
Speaking of madames, I went to a restaurant in Alaska that used to be a bordello. It served suggestively named sandwiches. I ordered the Menage A Trois. If only it wasn't just a sandwich.
Valentinew
So, FG, how'd it go? Did you have fun? Are you broken? What happened?
Butterblume
FG is probably still in rehab. Give her time to heal.
emo samurai
She's fine; nothing major's really happened besides a host of insect spirits appearing on a maintenance platform along with four insect shamans, all three players completely ruining their shit because of the advantage of having a ward and three drone heavy machine guns on their side, and the shamans' general lack of Potency. Oh, and a very blowed up Cinnabon.
emo samurai
UNHOLY WORLD THREADCROMANCY!
PBTHHHHT
We shouldn't have taught him this phrase. sheeesh. *sigh*
emo samurai
I was referring to Orochimaru's ability with the "Unholy World" part.

I am unto.... a GOD. Of DARKNESS.
UndeadPoet
Who is Orochimaru? Sounds like a disease.
emo samurai
He's a snake ninja from Naruto who uses snake magic. He's really awesome, despite his lack of guitar-wailing.
UndeadPoet
Cool. And he is using spells that bring dead threads back to life?
emo samurai
No, just other awesome ninjas. Presumably, ninjas that wail on guitars.
UndeadPoet
What a sucker.
emo samurai
Orochimaru is no sucker! He is... awesomeness...
UndeadPoet
But he can't bring back threads from the dead! Even we can do that!
emo samurai
It's called Threadcromancy no Jutsu. It is so advanced even Orochimaru would need complex machinery.
UndeadPoet
Which means we are far beyond Orochimaru's possibilities, thus, owning him with ease.
emo samurai
Computers: leveling the playing field against ninjas since the invention of Eniac.
stevebugge
But according to the recording industry the Internet is full of Pirates, therfore Pirates are at home on comupters, ergo edge Pirates smile.gif
emo samurai
But there ARE ninjas; we just don't have high enough perception to find them. They are there; they are awesome, and therefore must exist.
UndeadPoet
I eat ninjas for breakfast.
Only on the weekends, though, because of the cholesterol.
Butterblume
QUOTE (emo samurai)
But there ARE ninjas; we just don't have high enough perception to find them.

I have the proof.
UndeadPoet
I, too, can prove my claim:
Proof
I ate the ninja and stole his uniform along with his chopsticks.
emo samurai
QUOTE (UndeadPoet)
I, too, can prove my claim:
Proof
I ate the ninja and stole his uniform along with his chopsticks.

IMPOSSIBLE! NO ONE CAN DEFEAT THE NINJA BUT A NINJA!!!
UndeadPoet
That's right, I used my hidden ninja skills to out-ninja him. My awesomeness was way beyond his.
emo samurai
So... the fact that you got his stuff shows that YOU are ninja!!! DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!!!!
UndeadPoet
I also can fly at 582 km/h, well, at least my character in SR. That should make the ninjas jealous.
emo samurai
How does he do that?

And how does that help you defeat a ninja and take his mask?
UndeadPoet
QUOTE (emo samurai)
How does he do that?

And how does that help you defeat a ninja and take his mask?

High force spirit sustaining movement power on him, plus levitation in a sustaining focus.

Well, I just had to tell the ninja that and he was so depressed of being out-awesomed that he decided to commit suicide.
emo samurai
Did he commit seppuku with a frisbee?
UndeadPoet
Multiple times.
emo samurai
So ninjas DO die multiple times.
James McMurray
Which proves that ninjas are cowards, because the brave die but one.
emo samurai
Their committing seppuku with a frisbee is symbolic of their terminal obsession with their inability to fly. There could be no more fitting death for them.
Grinder
rotfl.gif

Every time I read this (or other threads of emo samurai) I have to lol. Thank you for bringing so much fun into my days. smile.gif
Dranem
Remind me never to play frisbee with Emo's ninja's... I like to keep my hands intact... wink.gif

Or maybe I could play, as long as I bring along a reinforced chainmail glove to compensate for the blade....
emo samurai
Have you ever read Real Ultimate Power, the Ultimate Ninja Page? That's where I draw most of my ninja humor. It is fucking awesome.
Grinder
No doubt about it. biggrin.gif
emo samurai
THREAD RESURRECTION!!!! |<14|<7U \/312474 |\|1C7|_|!
Shrike30
... for what purpose?
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (emo samurai)
|<14|<7U \/312474 |\|1C7|_|!

Ugh. Not only do I understand emo, but I get the joke. I think something may be wrong with me.
nyahnyah.gif Just teasin', emo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012