Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to the Future II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Plan B)
Thank you. She's been run hard, the poor thing. Her name is Hati. It's Indrisian. What's your name?

The boy simply nods and pets the horse to soothe her, not answering.
Grinder
My name's Ralogatol.

He looks to the man, adresses as "Elder Hommond". Sir, what happened here? Your friends here spoke of taint. Who's tainted?
Lady Door
Morgana stands back, troubled by the boys silence. After a moment, at least assured that Hati is being cared for, Morgana follows the sounds of the angry voices into the inn.
Seeing Ralo hovering in mid-air while the men argue, Morgana slides in next to him.
So, how are things going?She whispers. As she does, she notices the older man staring at Ralo, and now here. The stare is.. somehow uncomfortable and sends a chill down her spine.
Grinder
Ignoring the stare the old man gives him, Ralo turns to Morgana and whispers: These people here speak of someone who is tainted and started the whole mess by killing two brothers. And louder, pointing to the Elder: Let me introduce my companion: that's Morgana. You didn't say your name, did you? Ignoring the strange stare the man gives him, Ralo smiles to him, but at the same time laying a hand close to the hilt of his sword.
fistandantilus4.0
I am Elder Hommond. I am the head ofthe Council of Edlers here in Coel. The young man they spoke of is our... , was ... our blacksmith. He went mad two days ago and killed two young boys. Perhaps a third. He has been sentenced to be executed for his crimes tomorrow.

Now on the eve of his execution, a young boy has also been damned by the horror taint. It pains me greatly, but I fear the others may be right. That madness you came in on the tail end of was cuased by the boy's taint. I cannot let one live who may threaten so many.

Many of the men are now watching in silence. Many faces show guilt, but also grim determination.
Lady Door
This blacksmith, you say he has been tainted? Has he been tested? Has he been able to show you his talent? Have you had a Questor of Mynbruje to see the blackmith and to hear the truth of his tale? These are strong accusations you level, Elder Hammond.
Grinder
Astral Sight

[ Spoiler ]

Ralo looks to Morgana and then to Elder Hommand. That are really bad news. Did you examine your blacksmith on the astral? I'm sure you did, I'm just curious, you know.
fistandantilus4.0
I do not believe the boy is tainted windling. He has gone mad. He killed two boys. He confessed to it. He said he believed they were undead. We found the bodies, cut down by his sword. They were fresh. They had not risen as the walking dead. The boy carried only superficial wounds one would recieve from fists, and the boys had the scars on their hands. He came upon them with sword and armor. They were unarmed. There was much blood in his forge, and we cannot find the third brother.

I do not believe him to be horror tainted.I believe he attracted one.

Lady Door
Morgana steps forward, her words urgent and her eyes sincere.

Using First Impression
[ Spoiler ]

I see. I am sorry for your loss. I can understand what this means for those that cared for the blacksmith and the boys that were killed. I must also warn you that we have seen other tragedies. We were sent from Travar on a mission from the merchant House Vstrimmon to investigate disappearances from their trading post in Vanten. In the course of our journey we discovered the city of Joppstown entirely deserted and looking as though a mighty battle had taken place. A mighty battle that left no survivors and no bodies. Joppstown is completely empty. We followed tracks from Joppstown that led us to a crossroads before Coen. We came here to see if any had fled here from there. I see now that this was not the case, tragically. I know that we may seem as nothing to your militia or your town, but please we would be willing to fight, to help you. I am a Questor of Astendar, and as such, have sworn to protect that which is loved, that which is beautiful. If you would allow us, we would stay and be of as much aid to you as we can. If it would provide peace to you in such a time, both my companion and I would be willing to provide you with examples of our art. Please, we have already seen the remnants of a town that has fallen. Please, allow us to help you.
Grinder
Questor of Astendar? Interesting. Making a mental note to ask Morgana about that later, Ralo concentrates on her speech.

fistandantilus4.0
Make a Charisma test enhanced by rank equal to your First Impression Talent.
Lady Door
Charisma Test
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Elder Hommond nods appreciatively. Most of the men in the room seem simply in awe.

You may of course stay, provided you can perfom your artisan skills for the Council. I especially look forward to your performance my dear. I take it then that you are an adept? Are you both?
Lady Door
I am, Elder. My name is Morgana. I am a Troubadour of the 4th Circle, and Wizard of the Third. Morgana performs a graceful bow.
Grinder
Ralo nods to the men. I am an adept too. I follow the disciplines of the Windmaster and the Archer.
Lady Door
Is this all of the council, Elder Hammond? Should we demonstrate our skill now?
fistandantilus4.0
One Council member steps forward What is a "Windmaster"?

AnotherQuiet Elder Eldon, wait until they have performed their rituals.

Elder Hommond nods againPlease proceed.
Grinder
Ralo whispers to Morgana: You, uhm, know my artisan skill? I'm a body painter. People in hinterland villages are confused by it some times. Especially when I undress myself. He grins and nods to the men again.
Lady Door
Morgana smiles at Ralo's words. In Indrisia, it is a popular skill. If you would like you may demonstrate on me.
Grinder
I hoped you would say so. Still smiling, the windling continues. As I said, it will probably confuse the guys here.
fistandantilus4.0
A few of the men with better hearing nod their agreement.

Eagerly.
Lady Door
Morgana removes her cloak and stands before Ralo.
All right, Ralo. Where?
fistandantilus4.0
Despite them selves, a few of the men look ready to make suggestions.
Grinder
Noticing the looks of the men, Ralo searches for his colours in his backpack. Well, what about your back?
Lady Door
Morgana's smile falters a bit. I'm sorry, but my back is taken. Perhaps my stomach then?Sitting back on one of the available chairs, Morgana pulls her white linen shirt up to expose her abdomen. Smiling as the windling paints, Morgana has to bite her lip to keep from laughing.
fistandantilus4.0
When Ralo is finished it may indeed be one of the most closely scrutanized pieces of art in quite some time.
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
No problem, mylady.
Saying this, he starts his work.
And now I'm curious to find out what is on your back. he whispers, while preparing his colors.

[ Spoiler ]

Working with patience and concentration, Ralo creates the picture of a windling community in a wood on a sunny afternoon.
fistandantilus4.0
Well done master windling.

Well done in deed.

Yes ..very nice

Once the men are finished examing the "work", Elder Hommond turns to Morgana for her to perform her work.

From the back, whispering is heard I hope she dances.

Me too.
Lady Door
Once the artwork is finished and the council has taken their time to examine the piece, Morgana stands.
And now, my good sirs, my demonstration. I will sing for you. This song comes from Indrisia, a land where the blood runs hot, and their passion even more so.
Morgana smiles and then begins to sing. The melody is slow and Morgana dances to the rythmn, her movements reminiscent of a belly dancer . The song tells the story of a young man who falls in love with a harem girl, of how they meet in secret, of hidden passion and stolen kisses, of discovery and betrayal, of death and love overcoming all.

Artisan Skill Test
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Ralo gets this tools back in his backpack and sits down on a table. He grins at the whispering men and waits for Morgana to start.

That's great. One of my best works so far.

Listening to Morganas song, he relaxes a bit and lean back. She has a beautiful voice. And I'm sure her dance will distract the guys a lot. Good plan, could be a Windmasters one.

He grins and closes his eyes for a few seconds.
fistandantilus4.0
Never has Ralo seen a windling village move so hypnotically. Definitely have got to visit Indrisa.

A few men clear throats after the demonstartion. Were there any women on the council, Morgana would most certainly be burned at the stake as a witch by now.

As luck would have it, there are none. A couple of council men have not only allowed their stay, they've offered "spare beds" in their homes.
Grinder
After a few seconds Ralo opens his eyes and is stoked by the dance of Morgana.

This is so... beautiful... even if she's wingless.

After she's done, he smiles to her.
Lady Door
Thank you, you're very kind, but a room here would be fine. Morgana smiles and replaces her cloak on her shoulders, fastening the Cloaksense Brooch.
Gentleman of the Council, my companion and I thank you for your generous hospitality in these troubling times. Perhaps, one of you could show us to our rooms? Afterwards, we are at your disposal for whatever need you wish of us.
Grinder
Ralo grabs his pack and flies to Morgana I'm sure they have many ideas, for what they can need you. he whispers to her, grinning.
fistandantilus4.0
A man with a bit alrger belly than the rest comes forward.
My name is Burton, I'm the owner here. I have rooms available for the both of you. I can have accomadations shared, or I do have a few windling rooms available for you master. The room and board are paid for assuming you are willing t operform tonight Lady Troubadour. Our village could use a little cheering up.

Again from the back I hope she does that again, but not in front of my wife.

Why not? Might give her some ideas....

.....Good point....
Lady Door
Morgana beams at the innkeeper.
I would love too, Master Burton. You are so right, in times of crisis and stress, oftentimes what we need most is to laugh. Thank you for being so wise. I would never have suggested it on my own. Morgana squeezes the man's hand.
As for sleeping arrangements, my companion and I are quite comfortable sharing a room. Thank you.
Grinder
Sharing a room is fine. Is it possible to get something to eat? That would be awesome, dear Master Burton.
Lady Door
Morgana laughs hesitantly.
What my companion means is that we've been traveling for quite a ways, and we've had nothing to eat but water and trail rations. We understand if your kitchen is closed right now, but if you perhaps had some bread or cheese we could eat while we retire to our rooms and prepare?
Grinder
And we're willing to pay for it! With silver.

I need some sleep. Soon. A lot.
fistandantilus4.0
I can do better than that for a troubadour and a windling most certainly. I mean no offense sir, but it has been quite some time since one of your kind has graced us. We had the honor of a windling troubadour once, by the name of Gazzet. Are you, by chance a music maker as well?

Well, no matter, we would be honored just the same. Please, this way to your room. I have one with a pair of fine beds I can make available, and I'll have some chicken brought up, with bread, and ale. Or wine if either of you would prefer.

Burton ushers the pair up stairs to a hallway of romos. He selects one on the end, opening it, and handing a key to each of them. The beds are clean, the room spacious enough for two adult humans comfortably,. There is a mirror and wash basin provided as well, plus tray stnads for eating in the room , incase one desires privacy.

I hope that the room will for your needs. There is a bath just down the hall that I can draw water for as well. I'll have your food up shortly. And feel free to holler if you should need assistance.

Burton bows out of the room, closign the door as he goes.
Lady Door
Morgana, without a word, walks to one of the beds and falls into it, face first.
Oh, a bed. I thought I would never see one again.
Rolling over, Morgana stares up at Ralo. When she speaks, it's in a whisper.
Okay so, we're in. We seemed to have charmed the council. I think our next bit of business should be to see if we can visit the doomed blacksmith. We might be able to glean something of what happened from speaking to him. What do you think?
Grinder
The Passion may have send you to us, Master Burton! A bath would be fine and your meal sounds awesome! I'm no music maker, but I'm sure that I can entertain you with some of the stories I experienced during the last years.

Ralo heads for the bed, after Master Burton is out of the room, and falls from half a meter height straight to the pillow. This is great, so great. Visiting the blacksmith is the idea I have had too.
Lady Door
Morgana raises an eyebrow. You know what? After you eat, you're sleeping. I'll take a look around and see if I can get in to see the blacksmith. You are beginning to sound mad... and I definitely think that'll get you plucked out of the sky, skewered on a pit and roasted here.
fistandantilus4.0
Will tests the both of ya'. You've been up for days straight, with only one of you getting only a few ours of sleep.
Lady Door
Willpower Test
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Morgana waits for an answer, and gets none. It takes a moment to realize that Ralo is in fact already asleep. By the way her eyes feel, she her self is not far from it. Bed ... sooo... comfortable..... mmmmm
Lady Door
Knowing that if she stays, she's liable to end up just like Ralo. Morgana tucks the windling in and heads out the door, meeting the innkeeper on his way up with the food.
My companion is resting. Would you be so kind as to leave the food on the table? Thank you so much.
Once Morgana is downstairs, she once again finds herself in the middle of an argument. Standing patiently to the side, Morgana waits for a moment to announcer herself.
Excuse me, gentlemen? I was wondering if it might be possible for me to have a look at this mad blacksmith of yours? In my extensive travels I have seen hundreds of cases of madness. Perhaps I might be able to find out what cause his mind to break.
fistandantilus4.0
Charisma test -2 steps
Lady Door
Charisma Test
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012