Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to the Future II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Grinder
Grinning Ralo flies after Morgana and nods. Whatever you say, mylady. As long as it doesn't mean that I have to be tied to a rope again. But using the same plan twice in a row is not clever. He still grins and waits for Alex.
Lady Door
Morgana just nods and rolls her eyes. She comes to a stop before the blocked door, looking it over.
What am I looking at, dear GM?
fistandantilus4.0
The door is another of the iron doors, wit ha lock on this side (but not locked). It has a metal bar across the door, sitting in brackets about waist height.

Perception Test-1
Lady Door
Perception Test
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Is it locked?

Ralo flies closer to the door and Morgana, staying at shoulder-height of the elf.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Perception
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Holder
Michael awakens in a cave. It's dark. Pitch balck in fact. He can almost feel something move in the darkness. A bit of light appears. It's read. It's coming from the eyes of the miniture gargoyle, as it opens them slowly, lying on the ground as well, and looks around.

Oh Drek. Michael, we've gotta get outta here.

Michael looks at the tiny talking gargoyle.

It's happened. I've finally snapped.
Lady Door
Morgana

Seeing nothing unusual, Morgana takes another look at the door... her eyes carefully watching the shadows.
This is crazy. I'm getting paranoid. I really am jumping at shadows...
fistandantilus4.0
Morganna/Ralo/Alexander
She doesn't see anything unusal about the shadows, but examing closer, she does see some paw prints high on the door, and a strange spot on the clean metal around the center of an otherwise dust covered bar that holds the door.
Lady Door
Looking down at the hounds, Morgana studies them for a moment. Paw prints.. door... I have control of the hounds... hmmm
She then points to the lead dog and then points to the door.
Open that door.
Hell, it might work.. at least if it's trapped it's not me going down... Sheila and Alex would kill me for this.
fistandantilus4.0
The hound thinks about it a moment, then goes over to the door, sliding it's paws underneath it and pulling. It wimpers when it doesn't open.
Lady Door
Morgana looks down at the hound and then back up at the print, thinking.
So, obviously, this hound hasn't done this before. Maybe a different hound? A more intelligent specimen?
Is the paw print on the door bigger then what the other hounds would have?
Morgana eyes the dust free spot looking for marks that would indicate it could be used to open the door. (i.e. cracks, lines, a catch.. etc.)
fistandantilus4.0
Rol levidence Analysis
Lady Door
Evidence Analysis
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
There are some faint scratches along the bar. After a closer look, they appear to be bite marks consistant with a hound's mouth. The paw prints on the door would be consistant with a hound using it's front paws to help lift the heavy metal bar in to place. How a hound would do that though is anyone's guess.
Lady Door
Morgana raises an eyebrow. Intelligent damn dog. The Alpha male, I would assume. Good to know. Morgana points out the features to Alexander and Ralo, explaining.
This could mean that we have a highly intelligent.. Morgana tests the locking bar... very strong Gate Hound running around. Perhaps the leader of the pack. I'm also going to speculate that trying to control him with this little she shakes the figurine paperweight is going to be a lot harder.
Morgana turns back to the door and attempts to lift the bar out of the brackets.
fistandantilus4.0
The bar is heavy ,but manageable. Lookng for a spot to put it down, she sees a small spot clear of dust on the floor , and the well. Apparently where the bar was sitting before. Now that she looks at the floor closer, there is also a drag mark from the door. Apparently it was open not long ago.
Lady Door
Morgana places the beam where it looks like it lay before and pushes the door open.
fistandantilus4.0
The door pulls open, revealing the gatehouse interior. The "room" is 20'x20', with another door direclty across from them, open, and one to the left ,elading in to the interior, also open. There are also two more hounds in the gate house room, which were napping.
Lady Door
Morgana freezes for a moment and then pulls the Hound Head from her pocket.
This is getting more and more difficult.
Willpower Test to Gain Control of the Hounds.
[ Spoiler ]

fistandantilus4.0
The hounds simply sit there. It takes Morgana a moment to realize that she does indeed have control over them.
Lady Door
Ahhh... good boys.. or girls... whatever. Moving quickly, she edges her way around the hounds, skirting the wall before ducking into the hallway across the way.
Okay, now what?
ludomastro
I suppose that we could open the outer door. After all, the hounds can get out without our help. It might do us some good to have some fresh air as well.
Lady Door
I'd like to keep exploring the Citadel. This is an unexplored kaer, who knows what kind of knowledge may be stored within these walls. Besides, all we know is that there are a few that may have the intelligence to open the doors. If we let them all out, who knows what kind of damage they could wreak on the small towns around here.... the ones that aren't empty and devoid of all life, that is... Morgana sighs sadly.
ludomastro
Concern crosses Alexander's face. Are you alright Morgana? He seems lost for a moment and then says, I have no objection to continue exploring ... I just like having options.

Boy, don't forget that you can't watch two fires at once. Be sure that one is safe before moving on.

I know, I know....
Lady Door
I'm fine. Why don't we explore what we can here. There might be an answer to our shadow riddle. Morgana moves deeper into the Citadel, heading for the other tower.
fistandantilus4.0
Moving across to the other tower stairs, the small group finds the same general setup. There is a door, closed but not locked. The stairs go up. There is a door to the second level, and a third entering the tower room it's self.
ludomastro
Alexander glances at Ralo giving him a nod and mouthing "wizards". He then heads after Morgana.
Lady Door
A HA HAA! Not again! I'm getting so tired of casting that spell. Ergh. Morgana wearily inspects the door.
Go figure, same lock. Joy. Master, hear my call. Grant me my wish... a single solitary stick of C4.... *sigh*
fistandantilus4.0
Sadly ... no call is heard.. .and no spirit appears happily carrying a hand full of commercial grade explosives .... pity.
Grinder
I'm also eager to explore the whole citadel. Where's the point in entering one and leave, with only a handful of rooms searched?

Lady Door
Sighing, Morgana begins to weave Shatter Lock.
Grinder
She used me as a mixture of clown and chewing toy and complains when she has to weave a couple fucking threads?

Ralo rolls his eyes and lands on Alex shoulder. Wonder how many dogs will be around here - and how long Morgana can control them... he whispers.
fistandantilus4.0
Morgana shatters the lock quickly enough, which swing oen to reveal another room, very similar in design to the one that the mutlitude of hounds came out of. There are no hounds here however. The room looks a combination of alchemical lab, and kitchen.
Opposite them are two doors, most likely leading to the first room with the hounds, perhaps with a halleay between.
Lady Door
Alchemical lab? Really? Morgana perks up and heads into the room.
fistandantilus4.0
Of course, over the course of hundreds of years, all of the chemicals have evaporated.
Lady Door
Stupid evaporation. Morgana heads back out of the room, giving it one last look over for anything interesting she may have missed.
(Books, potion bottles - even empty ones, etc. )
fistandantilus4.0
There are a noubmer of broken glass beakers. Any books left out here would have rotted. There's also a considerable amount of dog excrement.
Grinder
Morgana, what are you gonna to find here? Dog shit and rotten books?

Ralo grins, while staying out of Morganas reach.
Lady Door
Yep, veritable treasure trove. We're moving on, gentlemen. Morgana heads up the stairs.
Grinder
Whatever you say, dear lady.
fistandantilus4.0
Once again, another heavy metal door blocks the top tower room.
Lady Door
Oh, will the fun never cease. *sigh*
Morgana casts Shatter Lock again.
fistandantilus4.0
The lock shatters. The room on the other side apperas to be a bedroom. It's hard to tell since everything is completely rotted. Apparently the wizard only really cared about protecting his books against time. A true wizard. Skeleton lies in what they can only assume was once a bed.
Lady Door
A skeleton? Strange. Morgana stays out of the bedroom and searches the bedroom using the still active Astral Sight spell.
fistandantilus4.0
There is most definetely residual energies here, especially arond the skeleton.
Grinder
You wonder about a dead person? I guess he's the Wizard whose lab and library we found.

Callidus
Dark Cave.... with Gargoyle

Starting from the gargoyle, Michael begins to lever himself to his feet until the pain in his right arm buckles it from underhim.

Frak! If I'm insane and hallucinating I could have at least hallucinated that I wasn't injured.... That's a very small gargoyle.... and friendly.... so far.... odd

Erm.... Hello? Out of here? Right.... one second.... erm, where are we?

Staring blindly into the darkness and seeing nothing, Michael pulls his commlink out and tapping a couple of buttons tries to active the lowlight and thermographic functions of his contacts and takes another looks around for exits.

Rolls and Intentions

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012