Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to the Future II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
fistandantilus4.0
OOC - the only entrace seen in to the lower floor is through the gatehouse entrance. You have to go in through there
Lady Door
OOC - Umm, okay. Can we do that? Or is there something stopping us?
fistandantilus4.0
Just post the action IC. There is another locked door.
Callidus
Crapcrapcrap.... frag it.... Where's Bedlam.... Right what to do.... Can't fight the dead.... running time....

Breaking into a jogging run in the direction that he remembered Bedlam leading him, or at least the best he can manage. His eyes searching for either a defensible position or a glimmer of Bedlam

Is sound going to be bad? Probably better hold off until it really is obvious they've found me.... huff.... don't know how long I can keep this up....
fistandantilus4.0
Roll Toughness for endurance check

[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
While the other two rest, Morgana watches and occasionally paces. Well, there's nothing on the second floor. Perhaps there's something behind the door that can give us a clue as to where the people went. Morgana strums idly on her violin, keeping the strings quiet with her other hand. She silently goes through the motions of Pachabeli's Canon in D, keeping her fingers limber and her bow agile.
fistandantilus4.0
So far unexplored are the two towers at the rear of the Citadel (East and South points) and the first floor ,as well as the 'bedroom', which was given onl a cursory look over and left because of the strange astral signature.
Lady Door
Realizing that they left the bedroom without a second look, Morgana debates entering it again. Ralo, Alexander... we forgot the bedroom. I know it seemed ... odd in there, but there might be something that could tell us what happened. We should go back.
Convincing the other two to go back, Morgana returns to the bedroom and steps inside. She weaves the spell Astral Sense again, and begins to scour the room for clues.
Perception Test
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Ralo rubs his eyes. Dear Morgana, couldn't you wait with this idea for one or two hours? , he sighs. Drinking some water, he wanders to the door of the bedroom and views Morgana casting a spell.
Lady Door
Morgana answers without turning around.
I could but by then we could be overcome by hordes of cadaver men and packs of ravenous dogs intent on tearing off your wings. It's really better this way, I promise.
Grinder
Why need the minions of evil no sleep at all? Curse you, Evil!
Ralo shakes his right fist into the air and swears a couple of ugly windling insults to "Evil".
fistandantilus4.0
As Morgana waeves her threads the astral energy i nthe room begins to strengthen, and form together. Viewing it astrally, it looks like some sort of triggered spell. The energy sends out one massive thread deep in to astral space. The golden thread snaps taut, and then seems to receed incredibly fast. It snaps in to place with a flash.

Standing there in place of the astral energy is the astral form of a slightly bemused looking human man, late in his years, with a long beard. he quickly creates some robes for his astral form.

Oh, well then, hello. About time I suppose. But better late than never. I've had that thread tied off for quite some time now. Well then, who have we here? The astral form moves its hands as if adjusting spectacles that aren't there.
Well you're .... stalwart looking bunch aren't you.
Lady Door
Morgana raises an eyebrow and looks behind her at the windling.
I don't think 'stalwart' quite covers it.... who are you?
Grinder
Size doesn't matter here, mylady. Ralo replies with a harsh voice. Looking to the old man, he continues: My name's Ralo, Windmaster and Archer. And who are you?
Callidus
Toughness

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Ralo/Morgana/Alexander

My name is Athnen. I am the creator of this fine fortress you find your selves in. Well, Citadel really. Fortress is a bit of a misnomer, as it isn't really a fort in the literal term. More of an outpost I suppose. So is Citadel really. Perhaops 'Haven' would be the best term.
fistandantilus4.0
Holder

Holder keeps running, keeping a good solid pace.Branches and thorny bushes tear at him as he moves through them, but he keeps on. Thoughts of what could and perhaps even likely is just behind him give him more strength than he would normally credit him self with.

Soon he can hear thrashing along his trail. What ever is following him is pursuiing him. It also has the benefit of having him clear the way.
Grinder
Haven? That can lead to an interesting discussion about Names...
Lady Door
Morgana bows deeply. Well met, Athnen. I am Morgana; Troubadour of the 4th Circle, Wizard of the Third, and Warrior of the First. She smiles as she rises.

OOC: Would use First Impression or the like but really doubt they work on triggered phantasms.
Callidus
Crappit.... huff.... Whatever it is.... can.... hear.... my running.... easy path.... crap....

BEDLAM.... you about?.... little help.... thrashing things....

What the hell do.... I do now.... dead.... how to kill.... the dead.... trid says.... dismember.... no blade.... can't.... frag.... can't.... use.... magic.... what.... crappit....
fistandantilus4.0
Holder
Second toughness test to pick up the pace a bit as the 'thrashing' gets closer.
fistandantilus4.0
Morgana/Ralo/Alexander

Oh how wonderful, a fellow practitioner of the way of the book! you elven folk do have a way of multitasking though don't you! And you Master Ralo, I have never met a Master of the Wind! Well met indeed. He moves as if shaking hands, alhtough he doesn't actually get any closer.

Ah, my apologies, where are my manners. I am Athnen, wizard of the 13th circle, and master of the Iron Gate. I apologise for my lack of material matter. I've dabbled in the nethermantic arts, but know of no arcana that will tie my departed spirit to my old worn bones. He indicates the bones left in the 'bed'.

As you can see, I've tied a thread to my self, joined to the Iron Gate, so that I could return once and welcome visitors such as your self. Such knowledge as my home should not be lost to time.
Lady Door
Morgana's mouth drops open as he introduces himself and then steps closer.
You created the hounds then? Her eyes shine with interest.
Grinder
Ralo bows his head a little to show respect to the Wizard. 13th circle? Quite impressing, Master Athnen.
fistandantilus4.0
The astral form actually seems to blush. Well I... well thank you Master Ralo. It's nothing really. Simply the result of a life time's worth of work, dilligent study, one of hte keenestt minds of the Age, working constantly to push the boundries of explored knowledge and theory. Nothing really.

He pats his chest gently and smiles, seeming rather pleased with the praise. I didn't create the honds all my self my dear. They were based off the earlier works of another of our robes, and fine ork fellow by the name of Kardanius. He was a Beastmaster as well. Ghastly how he treated his tomes, I must say.

Never the less, the had some very sound theories. I later collected a few of his old things, and used them to summon his spirit. We did the research together. Fascinating man. You Master Ralo would likely be quite interested in reading his in depth text on the matic habits of the Zoak. Fascinating stuff. Did you know, for instance, that a Zoak can eat three times it's own body weight within a day during mating season?
Lady Door
I read your work in the library. It was incredible, the theory behind it... brilliant. I... I'll go back for your tomes, if you would like. I can have them protected, see that they're kept in their still immaculate condition. Morgana stops and bows again. It's really quite an honor to meet you.
Callidus
Toughness

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Thank you dear. And how wonderful to hear that all of my books are still preserved. Have you seen to the dogs yet?
Grinder
I don't know of your books, but your dogs are still alive and kicking.
fistandantilus4.0
Holder
Putting on another burst of speed, Holder surges on through the underbrush, leaping fallen logs, and gneralyl looking like the people usually do in the adventure/slash horror sims. Usually right before they trip on some thing, falling on their faces, and the monster catches them.

Dexterity test
Lady Door
Yes, I have the figurine. Thank you for your in-depth notes, they were quite helpful... I must ask though, what has happened to rest of the inhabitants of this Citadel? Other then your... well, your remains... we've found no other signs of inhabitation.
fistandantilus4.0
Ralo/Morgana/Alexander

Wonderful wonderful! I was hoping the rats would be sufficent! Of course, now that the Scourge is past, the rats will have to be destroyed. Can't let them get loose after all.

There were no other inhabitants dear. Just my self and my dogs. And the rats of course. Filthy things really, but necessary. If you look in the eastern tower, you'l find a trap door there leading below to the rat warrens. If you could, pull the lever there. The chains should still be intact. This will open up the passage in to the rat warrens so that the hounds can wipe the filthy little things out. Until now they needed a safe place to breed.
Callidus
Crapcrapcrap.... you.... know.... this.... is.... where.... the.... heroine.... falls.... crap.

Dexterity Rolls

[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
You created all this just for you and only for you? Solely? Hard to grasp for a windling, believe me.
Lady Door
Morgana looks at Ralo and then back at the Wizard. We can do that, I suppose... but, why build all of this just for you? And if this was for you... where was the kaer?
fistandantilus4.0
Ralo/Morgana/Alexander
Well no, not just for me. I'd intended it for many more. but that no good buunda talked them all out of it and in to Kaer Dawning instead. He had his way of doing it. A lot of good their little research project did anyway!

I think it's quite clear now who's project was better, what with his foul up.

Grinder
Pfff... where's the point in repeating my questions? Ralo thinks when Morgana speaks.

Master, where is this Kaer Dawning located? And how do you know that it was breached? And who's that buunda?
Lady Door
Morgana's eyes go wide. I'm sorry... what foul up?
fistandantilus4.0
Holder

It takes Holder a second to figure out what heppened. His head hurt. Then he remembers tripping, and looking at the log in front of him, well, the math works out easily. The hears the bushes behind him tear apart and smells rotted meat. Something grabs his leg.
Callidus
Holder

Oh crap.... my head....

At the touch on his leg he suddenly remembers the situation and dreading what he'll see, he looks back to what's grabbed him....

PleasebeBedlampleasebeBedlampleasebeBedlam
ludomastro
Beware of anything that can speak for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain my boy.

Alexander finally comes out of the stupor of seeing - what to him at least - seems like a ghost. His old master's voice always brought him out of whatever he had gotten himself into. He smiles at the remembrance. Yes, master, I believe you are correct there.

Greetings Athnen. I have forgotten my manners. I am Alexander, a weaponsmith. Please, pray-tell, tell us what happen to the other kaer.

Alexander seems a little out of his element and there is a hint of him blushing.
fistandantilus4.0
Ralo/Morgana/Alexander
That rat faced ork nethermancer Korvor. He had some wild theory about moving parts of the kaer to a safer Time instead of protecting them selves in the here and now. Of course, the project blew up in his face, and took a good chunk of the kaer with it as well. Just like I said it would of course. I only hope that some of the elders listend to my advice in making seperate wards throughout the kaer. Following that addle brained fool into oblivion is not what those people deserved, even if they did side with him over me.

I felt the backlash even from here, at a two day walk. A ritual of that magnitude must have attracted a dozen horrors.

Time travel. *phephwey* Absurd.
fistandantilus4.0
Holder
Holder's nightmares are true. One of the undead has him by the leg, and lashes out, slamming a fist in to his chest.

Attack = 7
Damg =5

Init = 4

Holder can see another one of the undead behind the first. The one holding his leg was once a young woman. Her simple dress is torn in many palces. There's a large hole in her chest, where Holder can see through. Maggots fill the cavity, and the stink fills the air. The second one is... was.... an older ork man, maybe in his fifties.
Callidus
Holder

Fragfragfrag, I'm no good at this.... can't take it.... ouch ouch ouch.... escape.... must escape.... break grip first....

Lashing out with his free legs at the arm holding him, Holder desperately tries to break the undead's grip.

Rolls

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Holder manages to get his foot loose, and is up an running quickly.

Attack = 6
Damage = 6

Another fist pounds Holder from behind, sending him reeling. Luckily the omnipresent trees that have been giving him so much trouble give him something to grab on to as he stumbles. The undead are less quick on their feet, and he get sa foew good seconds lead on them as he starts running again.
Callidus
Ugh, owowowowow.... these things hit like a shotgun.... must get away

Breaking into a run through the trees, he's no longer working on going in the direction Bedlam was heading, if he could even tell which way that was, but more away from the undead behind him.

Sprint a little to get.... distance.... then jog.... must.... not.... tired.... too.... fast.... where's.... Bedlam.... must.... be.... busy.... wonder.... if.... I.... can.... risk.... a.... spell.... better.... not.... though.... might.... come.... to.... that.... soon....
fistandantilus4.0
Roll Toughness and Dexterity again, to see if you can gain a better lead
Callidus
Rolls

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Pouring what strength he has left, Michael drives him self harder through the forest. He's driven on by will as much as by muscle. The forest streaks by as he tears through the undergrowth. Sweat pours down his face. The forest isn't as hot as the Australian Outback, but it's much more humid. By now his lungs feel half full of water, and breathing is hard. But stopping would mean death, so it's no contest.

There's a *whoosh* sounds right past his head. As Michael starts to duck, he's sees Bedlam's small form fly past him, then land on a branch.

Stop running so I can pick you up! You're a hard man to catch up to!

Bedlam leaps of again, moving in behind him.

I can carry you for a little way, but that does tire me out. It's about the same as it would be for you carrying someone on your back while you go jogging.
Callidus
Slowing down as he ducks the buzzing form he pants for a while and recognises Bedlam.

*huff* Man you're sight for sore eyes *huff* The lift'd.... be appreciated.... guess I.... should have.... spent more.... time in.... the gym *huff* Don't tire yourself.... out though.... zombies *huff*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012