Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Lady Door
Dexterity Test
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Avoid Blow
[ Spoiler ]

Ralo avoids the splashed water with inches, while he gets higher in the air and brings distance between him and the elf. He draws his sword.

Can't you just explain to me what you want to do before I get really angry?
Lady Door
Okay, fine. I need you to take this little string, tie it around your waist and dance around on the ground while I use you for bait for the Hounds.... You can see why I might have thought that explaining this to you after the fact might have been better. Morgana crosses her arms and taps her foot.
So, are you going to put this on or are you going to starve in here? She holds out the string.
Grinder
Are you kidding?

He looks into her face for a second.

And sighs.

No, you aren't. But tell me: why don't we just open the door - what we're gonna do anyway - and fight the dogs face to face? We can get it done if we work together. Maybe you can cast a nasty area-effect spell?

He pauses for a moment.

Passions! Forgot about the difficulties with spellcasting here. So, please, explain your plan in more detail.
Lady Door
Morgana sighs again, looking irritated. In order for this statuette to do what we need it to do, control the hounds... as I told you, you may recall. I need to attempt to gain control of the hounds while doing something both dangerous and humerous.... Don't look at me like that. It's written in the book, if you don't believe me. And so... chew toy on a string. It's dangerous for you... and well, humerous if you look at it in the right light. C'mon... when I tell the story later I'll leave out the string bit and make you look gallant and courageous while Alexander and I cowered behind a desk. What do you say?
fistandantilus4.0
Roll Con -2
Lady Door
Charisma & Con Test
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Why do I need to be the toy? The dogs liked to attack you and Alex too. And they already know how you taste, remember?
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
You owe me so much for that. How long is the string? Can I fly?
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
Morgana shrugs her shoulders. Look, I'm sorry about whole attacking you water thing... but, I don't make the rules. We're a group. We have to do things like this sometimes. I'll tell you what, the next time one of us has to sacrifice our safety.. I'll do it. Morgana holds out the string, probably a 6 foot length. We'll keep hold of one end and yank you back should anything happen. You need to stay on the ground, dance around, that kind of thing. Only fly as a last ditch resort.
Once again, Morgana holds the end of the string out to Ralo.
Grinder
Wizards.

Ralo rolls with his eyes, but allows Morgana to tie the string. He still has his sword ready.

Always be open for new ideas. Always have more then one plan.
He remembers the words of his teacher. Wonder if he ever has to make something stupid like that?

Ok, I'm ready. Open the gates to the realm of Death!
Lady Door
Okay.. I'm going to let that go. I did try and turn his wings into so much soggy nothingness.. he can be a little bitter. But, the pixie is SERIOUSLY wearing on my last nerve. Morgana smiles at Ralo and watches him tie the string.
Yes, it's long enough for you to fly. No, you can't though.
Lady Door
Once Ralo has the string tied around his waist, Morgana walks over to the desk and stands behind it, motioning for Alex to kneel beside her. She winds the string underneath the desk, making sure there's enough clearance for Ralo to come through if she needed to suddenly yank him through. Deciding that there is... give or take an inch, she then gets back up and walks over to the door.
Putting her ear to the metal, she can still hear the sounds of the hounds on the other side. Morgana slams the metal with her fist, getting the attention of the hounds. When she hears the baying start again, she returns to the desk and kneels behind it. She pokes her head up again over the edge of the desk.
You okay, Ralo? You comfortable? Do you need a pillow?
Grinder
Taunt
I thought your Troubadour skills would allow you to make better jokes than that!

[ Spoiler ]

Tightening his grip around his sword, Ralo readies himself for the dogs.
Lady Door
Morgana eyes Ralo derisively.
Close your mouth, little bug, before you say something that will really make me angry.

Morgana lifts the statuette and begins to concentrate on the threads. Seeing them form their pattern, she nods and then begins to cast Shatter Lock on the door.
Spellcasting Test: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Morgana grinds her teeth, frustrated and trying desperately not to ruin their plan by crushing the mouthy windling. Calming herself, she tries again.
[ Spoiler ]

Threadweaving Test #1: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Morgana digs her fingernails into her palms and tries again.
Threadweaving Test #2: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Threadweaving Test #3: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Effect Test: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Morgana cries out in frustration as she watches the spell fizzle against the lock.
Damnit, Ralo! This is your fault. I swear on all that is holy.. when I'm done here... Morgana calms herself and begins casting again.

fistandantilus4.0
There's a terrific *BANG*, and the door cracks as the spell hits home, but holds. The dogs yelp, then scrabble and pound against it again, the door still holding.
Grinder
My fault? Pffff.... if you let my words distract you so easily...

Ralo lets the sentence hang in the air unfinished. Calling me a chewing toy and starting complaining when she gets a blow back. She's weaker-willed than I thought.
Lady Door
Morgana casts the Shatter Lock spell again.
[ Spoiler ]

Threadweaving Test #1: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Threadweaving Test #2: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Threadweaving Test #3: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Effect Test: Shatter Lock
[ Spoiler ]

Morgana finally lets out the breath she didn't know she had been holding when she hears the crack from inside the metal gears.
Crouching down behind the deck, Morgana watches from around the side, the figurine clasped in her now tired fingers.
fistandantilus4.0
The door breaks open and the now excited hounds leap through barking. They stall for just a second looking for a target. Three hounds inside, and all of their eyes fall on Ralo. They growl, forming a half circle around him, bending low to prepare to rush.

Init 5
Lady Door
Initiative: 1
Grinder
Ini round 1: 8

Anticipate Blow

[ Spoiler ]

Movement: up in the air, to be able to use Dive Attack.

Attack
[ Spoiler ]

Dive Attack -2 to PD
[ Spoiler ]

Ralo flies a few feet in the air, what gives him enough space to maneuver and hit one of the dogs with a diving attack.
fistandantilus4.0
Ralo tries to fly up, then is caught by the string. It has only 6' of reach, ending underneath the table where Mogranna and Alex are crouched. The string prevents him from being able to pull of his dive attack. He stalls as he tries to fly, stuck/ Alex yanks on the string to pull Ralo to "safety" but the dogs get in first.

[ Spoiler ]

Dogs Attack Ralo

#1 =9
#2 =3
#3 = 11 hit Dmg =3

The dogs snap at the air where Ralo was as Alex jerks him back under the table, one tooth razing Ralo as he zziiips by.
Lady Door
Morgana stunned by the hounds' ferocity and more then a little willing to see Ralo get frazzled reacts a moment too late. The hounds nip at Ralo, one scoring a hit across his leg as he's yanked back.
Morgana jumps up, the figurine in hand. Stop now. Morgana's tone is even as she wills the dogs to stop in their pursuit.
fistandantilus4.0
Roll Willpower+Thread rank on the Head of the Pack vs the Hound's Willpower

Hounds Roll 5 +2 for three targets =7

Lady Door
Willpower Test
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
The hounds, already starting to race across the open space to the desk that Ralo is half stuck under stop cold in their tracks and look up at Morgana.
Lady Door
Very good. Now, stay. Morgana moves out from behind the desk slowly. She stands in front of one of the dogs and pats it's head gently. Good boy. If only Bahamut could see these. He'd want his own. She smiles and turns to Alex and Ralo. I think we might be okay to leave soon. The more hounds there are the harder it will be for me to hold onto them with the figurine's control. We'll need to move quietly.
ludomastro
Alexander can only stare dumbfounded at what he has seen. I knew that wizards could do remarkable things ... I had no idea. Ralo, I owe you one. Actually I owe you several. You too, Morgana.
Lady Door
Morgana favors Alexander with her Troubadour's smile. It was nothing, Alexander. It was something that needed to be done for the group. I was more then happy to oblige. The look she gives Ralo on the other hand could cut steel.
Grinder
Ralo grins at Alex. Plans like this are not made for tales. Anyway, lets get out of here. Can the string be cut?

fistandantilus4.0
The annoyed windling makes for an amusing picture, half stuck under a desk.

One of the hounds pads over and licks him on the face.
Lady Door
Morgana looks down at Ralo and smiles. No, I think we should leave it on awhile longer, just to be safe. Master, give me strength. Must not have hound eat windling, must not have hound eat windling...
Grinder
The tongue of the hound is rough and the breath of the animal smells like he swallowed a rotten corpse. Ralo gives Morgana a hard stare. Sure. Whatever you say. You are the Wizard and have read the smart book.
Lady Door
Morgana taps the spine of the book with one finger. That's right. I read the smart book. Let's get going. Ummm, Alexander would you help Ralo with his leash.. I mean, the rope. She smiles at Ralo and laughs.
Okay, so you can take the rope off. I was just kidding.
Grinder
Perfect time to start kidding about ropes and windlings.
Absent-minded Ralo pats the dog who licked his face. Good puppy, good puppy.
fistandantilus4.0
The hound licks him again.
Lady Door
Morgana laughs and opens the door, quieting as she stares down the hallway.
Okay, well here goes nothing... wait.. everything.
Grinder
Good puppy, good puppy.

fistandantilus4.0
Two more hounds are lurking down by the door to the chamber they orgiginally came from. They growl low at Morganna as she steps out.
Grinder
More good puppies?

Lady Door
Concentrating again on the threads, Morgana wills the beasts to obey her commands.
Willpower Test
[ Spoiler ]

Stay!
fistandantilus4.0
The hounds stop growling and stay.
[ Spoiler ]
Lady Door
Breathing a sigh of relief, Morgana makes her way downstairs. At the foot of the stairs, she stops to pat each of them on the head and scratch behind their ears.
Okay, so you two can come on down now. I think we're okay.
Grinder
Ralo pats the dog on the head for the last time and then flies down to Morgana.
fistandantilus4.0
The dog barks it's appreciation. Ralo apparently has a new friend.
Grinder
Think puppy can travel with us. I think we're becoming friends. Must be my secret faible for the Beastmaster that allow me to befriend with animals so easily.
Lady Door
Morgana rolls her eyes and continues down into the long hallway. From where she is standing, Morgana can see the barred door leading out into the gate house and then down into the crack they came from.
Should we try checking out the front yard?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012