Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blood of the People
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
fistandantilus4.0
So not worrying about body work, just getting your gear together then. Got it. Thanks.
Redjack
Post is up. Sorry for the delay.
fistandantilus4.0
So do you two have a plan?
Redjack
Posted. Pass it back to Fisty. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Posted. Apparently nothing here is quite as simple as it seems. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I'm still here. How 'bout you guys?
Redjack
Still here. Just a long holiday week-end. Try to finish my half-written post in the morning. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Well at least it was a quick reply. biggrin.gif Thanks.
Redjack
Been over two weeks since Rob has posted in. I guess I'll give Rob a bit to post in. The rest of the week till Sunday will be pretty crazy.
fistandantilus4.0
I don't think we're going to make it. I'm gone in just a few days here. I've already saved the link to my notepad so that it'll be easy to bring back once I'm back. Hopefully Rob will be based somewhere more convenient then. Can't really blame Rob, being out there doing something a lot more important than shadowrun and all. smile.gif Still, will cross the fingers.
Redjack
Summon F6 Spirit of Man: [1,2,2,6,4,4,1,6,1,3] = 2 hits
(Assuming that will fail, I will roll again to save time)
Summon F6 Spirit of Man: [[6,4,5,5,1,3,5,1,2,1] = 4 hits
(Looking much better)
Optional Powers: Fear, Innate Spell (Stun Bolt)
rob
Hey, all - I'm beginning to move home from where I am, whcih means that I won't have reliable internet, electriciy, or showers for the next couple weeks. Fist, good luck at basic. Don't worry about it when it sucks.
Redjack
Heard a rumor a GM may be back around and online somewhat soon?
rob
That would be cool!
Redjack
I was actually hoping he would post in while he was online yesterday. Oh well... Perhaps in a few days he might get more consistent Internet.
fistandantilus4.0
Alright guys, sorry for the hiatus. Im at Lackland AFB for now, and will be for hte next month. I've got free internet at the library, which is only a short run away from the barracks, and hopefully a wirelss card in a week or so. The library closes in half an hour, so I'll need some of that time to review my notes and scan the stuff on line. I'd like to start the ball rolling on this again. Are you guys good to go?
WearzManySkins
OK Redjack the count is down to 2 instead of 3. grinbig.gif

Hello Poly Wog grinbig.gif Remember it is Mr Shellback WearzManySkins to you, bilge rat. grinbig.gif

WMS
Redjack
Alrighty!
rob
I'm ready.

Woot!
rob
Hey fist, btw, congrats on graduating basic and all that. I hope your duties are stable enough that posting isn't an inconvenience - if it is, don't push yourself. Been there, didn't work out right.
fistandantilus4.0
Hehe... don't worry about that. Really don't worry about that in fact. I'm here for the next month, I have leave to Dallas over the weekend to see my wife, and I already have my orders. I'll be roughing it in Coronado (San Diego, CA). Yeah, life's gonna be real tough for the next three years. wink.gif
Redjack
Well, if you have time then I guess we can start asking where the IC post is then.... right? nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
It'll be coming. I didin't get back from the shooting range until after 6 yesterday, and the library closes at 8:15, and I had packing to do as well as other things, and had Duty Section the day before (not allowed out of the barracks. ergh). Just busy is all. But I'm in the air port right now to fly up to Dallas and see Alysha and my boys, so I should also have a little time on the weekend.
Redjack
*W00T*
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Aug 25 2008, 07:49 PM) *
Hello Poly Wog grinbig.gif Remember it is Mr Shellback WearzManySkins to you, bilge rat. grinbig.gif

WMS

Nice to see you're still around (*coughstalkercough*)

That's gonna take a long time to type. How's 'bout Mr SBWMS? The Navy does love achrnonyms after all

Redjack
Force 6 spirit of Man - Summoning Resistance Test = 0 hits
- 2 Services

'*WOOT*' indeed
Redjack
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Aug 29 2008, 01:24 PM) *
Summoning Resistance Test = 0 hits
Wow.. Buy the drain.

And if I didn't say it in another thread, welcome back & congrats on getting through the gauntlet.
Redjack
Nix - Twilight Infiltration: Following some distance behind Caliph, headed for the orphanage.
fistandantilus4.0
*psh* "Buy the drain" he says. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif

BTW, I forgot to do this earlier, but I wanted to give each of you 10 karma for sticking around and being patient. Thank you. Sorry I had to keep it on simmer for so long.

If I go a day or two without posts, that's likely because I've had a crazy class day or Duty Section. I was at the range doing Low Light for M-16 and 9mm until 3am on Thrusday, and had Duty yesterday. I come to the library every day I'm able to. I'm told by our CMC that we're supposed to be getting wireless installed at our barracks, but that will not likely be for a few more weeks. I'm only going to be here[/i for a few more weeks. That's also when we're [i]supposed to also get swank stuff like mini-fridges in our rooms. Figures.
rob
It always seems to work that way. If you'd been there right for the start of the fiscal year, you would've gotten all the swank stuff they used to clear their op funds for last FY...
Redjack
Seeing as how edge runs like water in your game and my pool is currently empty... Is there an opportunity to buy another point now?
Redjack
As a note, you can either buy successes or roll. If you buy, any left over dice are sacrificed. (Short of a Fisty house rule, of course)
rob
Yeah, I was buying, but in case that wasn't kosher (because of the nature of the activity) I posted the rolls.
Redjack
I've just received word that Fisty is under lock-down due to Ike and unable to access the Internet until it passes.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 10 2008, 10:48 AM) *
Seeing as how edge runs like water in your game and my pool is currently empty... Is there an opportunity to buy another point now?

Yes, just post what your changes are here in the OOC, and update the sheet please. Because online games take so long, I don't require waiting betwen sessions to update stats. Just not in the middle of a fight/social situation.

And correct, when buying successes, "round down", extra dice are gone.

I'm here today, but Fri-SUN we're stuck in our barracks. STupid rain.
Redjack
Nix - Character Sheet
Spent 15 karma to bump edge to 5.
fistandantilus4.0
@ Rob - Clarify "Hallway" - Is caliph headed out of the sleeping area and out into the hall, or are you refering to the vanity area between the male and female restrooms.

@RedJack - Correct me if I'm wrong, since I don't have my books handy, but that nice big ward that Nix can't see should prevent him from entering with a levitation spell on. No books for me to reference here sadly. frown.gif
Redjack
Ah... a ward. Well, Nix will have to assense that then determine a plan of action from there.
I updated my post.
rob
Short answer - if there's a hallway in the boy's room, he'll go into it, then into the next room, etc., till he hits an intersection or a dead end. Then he'll either make a decision at the intersection or go back to the breach room (where he originally came in), and go the other way.

Caliph is waiting for nix then clearing the building, going step by step through every room. So, when he gets into the bedroom, let's say he sees a hallway to his left and a door to his right. He'll move into a corner not open to the doors and wait for nix. Then he'll go through the right door, turns out to be the boy's room, clear that (since he's practically solo, he'll break diagonally to the opposite corner from the door, out of the line of sight of a hallway). Once he's sure he's done with that room, he'll break into the next room, move out the door, move across it, etc.

I don't know if they gave you room clearing classes; if they didn't, and if you've seen "Way of the Gun", the scene where the two dudes are looking through the hacienda near the end is probably the best example of room clearing I've seen on film yet. That's what he's doing.
Redjack
Guys,
I am heading out at 3am tomorrow for the airport and will be out of town on business all week, returning just in time for a Cub Scout camp out... I will try to post in, but if it all goes to hell in a handbasket, could be next Monday before I post in.

You can feel free to post up though Fisty. nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Rob - We finished up a class course last week on clearing, so yeah, I've got a notion of what you're talking about. We have our practical exam on it tomorrow infact. We've got a "post office" to clear, with lots of L-juntions and dead spaces, a couple of stair wells to clear, and a series of pylons that we leap frog around. RIght now we're just doing staggered columns, because we;ve got a class of about double the size, and less than half the time we need. We're doing the beginning two weeks course in a few days, with the intent that we'll get a lot more at our next duty station. M-A has become a lot less Law Enforcement, and a lot more Force Protection since 9-11. I smiled when you started describing your actions actually.

TO clarify, the vanity/sink room is the center of a T-Junction with a male and female lavatory on either side. There are no other entrances/exits from the lavatory (other than a small window in each) besides the one from the sink room.

The only other point of egress from the communal sleeping room is out into the hall, where Caliph would be going next.

@RJ - Sorry, managed to get off base for the weekend, with two days over night liberty. I avoided the place like theplague, and didn't bring my laptop. It was nice to breath the free air for a while. smile.gif
Redjack
Magic Theory(6) + Intuition(5) + Penalty(-1) = [3,1,3,4,4,5,2,2,3,4] = 1 hit
rob
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Sep 22 2008, 06:24 PM) *
I smiled when you started describing your actions actually.

Hey, the textbook works really well in those cases. If your unit has op funds when you get to the next duty station, see if they can buy airsoft guns and eye protection. Makes it really fun to practice...
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack @ Sep 25 2008, 06:33 PM) *
Magic Theory(6) + Intuition(5) + Penalty(-1) = [3,1,3,4,4,5,2,2,3,4] = 1 hit

- Nix has heard rumors of Wards that are difficult to assense normally.

QUOTE (rob @ Sep 25 2008, 10:24 PM) *
Hey, the textbook works really well in those cases. If your unit has op funds when you get to the next duty station, see if they can buy airsoft guns and eye protection. Makes it really fun to practice...

They're talking about doing just that... in a couple of months. Seems like all the improvements are always just "a couple of months" away. On the plus side though, it let people focus more on the tactics than the actual shooting, because they gave us far too little time with that as it was. I'm hoping that the training we get in San Diego will be a lot more in depth.
rob
Meh, that's the kind of thing you'll only be able to get in a unit you have a more permanent relationship with. Hold your ideas for San Doug on that one. There's a lot of stuff you can put in the sales pitch (for one, it's an entirely different type of shooting than the kind you normally practice). I can give you some advice via PM or whatever on how to play unit politics to get that to fly when you get there, if you want it.

Either that, or I'll be in San Diego for a wedding in November if you've gottten there yet.
Redjack
Sorry for the delays. I'm back home now and with my books so I could look that up.
I'll definitely take those hits for pressing through after that crappy role to id the barrier.
fistandantilus4.0
Pressing through a barrier isn't easy. In this case, damn near impossible. It rolls against your Will+Charisma with Force x2. Think about that.
Redjack
Yea.. and I just got 7 freaking hits.... I have a quickened spell. You've just effectively locked me out. I can't go around...
rob
dood, just drop the spell, grab the windowsill, and climb in the normal way. There's even a microwire rope right there for you. You can't get in because of the magic stuff.

Otherwise, just tell Caliph what's up and he'll crack the downstairs door for you. It would suck, because of the shooting of the guards downstairs that would ensue, but such is life.
Redjack
It is a quickened spell, not as easy as simply stopping sustaining. The spell now has its own life force... and the damn ward encompasses the entire structure. *sigh* Karma easy come and apparently easy go..
Redjack
Ok. I just read up on quickened spells. I can release it, I just suck wind on the karma invested in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012