Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Method
CGL speculation #1
CGL speculation #2
CGL speculation #3
CGL Specularion #4
CGL Speculation #5

Lets try to keep this one on topic(ish).
BlueMax
An important data point to follow: The SR4A LE

If/when these are delivered is certainly of direct importance.

BlueMax
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Apr 19 2010, 03:08 PM) *

BlueMax

I agree, but there is already a stickied thread dedicated to that.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Apr 19 2010, 01:19 PM) *
I agree, but there is already a stickied thread dedicated to that.

The events in that thread should act as a , and pardon the pun, catalyst for directed speculation here.

BlueMax
/yes, I know
//its pun ishment to read my posts.
otakusensei
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Apr 19 2010, 03:08 PM) *

BlueMax

Seriously. I would love to get an update on this.

Who is driving from Maine to Seattle in their beaten up '72 Pinto hatchback to pick them up so they can drive back home to ship them out, only to find out when they unpack that they are missing a box and need to drive back to Seattle before they can ship me my LE? Nah, wait; time frame wise I would already have it is that were true.

Alternatively, is the rumor true about the Catalyst shipping computer being gone due to it's owner no longer being with the company? While I applaud the idea for it's thematic tie to Shadowrun (do computers have to fill out W-4s?), it seems sort of unprofessional. I'm hoping it's not true purely for the fact that it would only delay things more. At this point though I have to wonder. After all, I've ordered and received dodgy gray market electronics from Hong Kong since hearing that the boat had arrived in the US. Customs can't take that long or international trade wouldn't exist.
nylanfs
QUOTE (otakusensei @ Apr 19 2010, 04:24 PM) *

Who is driving from Maine to Seattle in their beaten up '72 Pinto hatchback to pick them up so they can drive back home to ship them out, only to find out when they unpack that they are missing a box and need to drive back to Seattle before they can ship me my LE? Nah, wait; time frame wise I would already have it is that were true.

Alternatively, is the rumor true about the Catalyst shipping computer being gone due to it's owner no longer being with the company? While I applaud the idea for it's thematic tie to Shadowrun (do computers have to fill out W-4s?), it seems sort of unprofessional. I'm hoping it's not true purely for the fact that it would only delay things more. At this point though I have to wonder. After all, I've ordered and received dodgy gray market electronics from Hong Kong since hearing that the boat had arrived in the US. Customs can't take that long or international trade wouldn't exist.

I'll chime in and say that my pre-order in Battlecorps which used to say "Pending" is now saying "SR4LE Pre-order". smile.gif
Method
That's a disquieting rumor, but it illustrates why it's always a good idea to save the email confirmation on any order. smile.gif
Stahlseele
Other interesting question would be if people who paid in advance can get their money back, if they cancel their order, or if there is simply no money left to give back . .
augmentin
QUOTE (otakusensei @ Apr 19 2010, 04:24 PM) *

If the rumor is indeed true (and we have absolutely no idea if it is), I for one wouldn't fault the employee for taking his personal computer home with him. What else is he supposed to do? Donate it to the guys that (allegedly) fired him to cover themselves?
Method
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 19 2010, 03:07 PM) *
interesting question would be if people who paid in advance can get their money back, if they cancel their order, or if there is simply no money left to give back . .
Jason mentioned in the stickied thread that he was looking into this.
Stahlseele
ah, i must have overread that.
Method
Well, to put your mind at ease, you haven't missed any official answer yet... frown.gif
Lithium
QUOTE (nylanfs @ Apr 20 2010, 06:48 AM) *
I'll chime in and say that my pre-order in Battlecorps which used to say "Pending" is now saying "SR4LE Pre-order". smile.gif

Mine changed from Pending to SR4LE Pre-order on 31 March 2010.

I don't think that is indicative of progress being made with respect to shipping these out to us. I have been regular contact with Tara about another Order of mine through Battleshop, and am not getting any update from her re: the LE Book. My other Order looks like it is going to be canned because the books that I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago, have now been discovered to be 'Out of Stock'. It took a week to go from 'Pending' to 'Processing' and then nearly another week to be told 'Out of Stock'. This is despite their website saying that they don't list product for sale unless it is in stock.

As you may tell, I have developed 'the grumbles' with respect to these orders.
Synner667
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 19 2010, 10:07 PM) *
Other interesting question would be if people who paid in advance can get their money back, if they cancel their order, or if there is simply no money left to give back . .

People should be able to cancel their order, because of possible breach of contract [i imagine, what with the company publicly having financial problems], and the credit card company should then return the money and chase the company to reclaim their money.
Ancient History
Yeah, that'll be a fun line to get into.
Rotbart van Dainig
No–one beats SCO at putting the fun back in funding.
In fact, no-one beats dead horses better than SCO.
Pepsi Jedi
So I have a question. I didn't learn about SR4 till recently.

So I didn't know about the Limited edition.

I can piece together there's been problems getting them to people that ordered them.

My question is thus. Are there any still available for order?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 19 2010, 11:10 PM) *
Well, to put your mind at ease, you haven't missed any official answer yet... frown.gif

Ah, okay, so no big change as per the usual as of yet . .
Caadium
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 19 2010, 01:39 PM) *
So I have a question. I didn't learn about SR4 till recently.

So I didn't know about the Limited edition.

I can piece together there's been problems getting them to people that ordered them.

My question is thus. Are there any still available for order?

Check the first post of the Stickied thread about the LE copies of the books. When they announced that the books were on the boat there was a link in that post for ordering a copy. Mind you, it has been over two months since they told us the books were on the boat and there is no street date. I would guess (based on the info in that other thread) that the street date is about 2 or so weeks off, but there is no official word.

Ordering now wouldn't seem so bad. What people here are complaining about is that some of us paid for the book over a year ago.
otakusensei
Ah, damnit. Mine is listed as "SR4LE Pre-order" but still includes the pricing and payment method. Also reports that it Shipped on 3/11/09...
Method
QUOTE (otakusensei @ Apr 19 2010, 03:49 PM) *
Also reports that it Shipped on 3/11/09...
Hmmm. That is un-good.
darthmord
QUOTE (otakusensei @ Apr 19 2010, 05:49 PM) *
Ah, damnit. Mine is listed as "SR4LE Pre-order" but still includes the pricing and payment method. Also reports that it Shipped on 3/11/09...

Did you get the SR4A + SR4A LE + PDF combo? If so, that would correct. The SR4A book would have already shipped. I got mine a while back.

Still waiting on the SR4ALE to get here though. indifferent.gif
otakusensei
QUOTE (darthmord @ Apr 19 2010, 06:18 PM) *
Did you get the SR4A + SR4A LE + PDF combo? If so, that would correct. The SR4A book would have already shipped. I got mine a while back.

Still waiting on the SR4ALE to get here though. indifferent.gif

I ordered the LE+PDF combo and bought the standard SR4A at my FLGS. Now that I'm looking the date is my order date, so that must be for the PDF. I would complain about the shop system being a bit obtuse but at this point it's like requesting the deck chairs on the Titanic be rearranged...
BlueMax
QUOTE (otakusensei @ Apr 19 2010, 03:24 PM) *
I ordered the LE+PDF combo and bought the standard SR4A at my FLGS. Now that I'm looking the date is my order date, so that must be for the PDF. I would complain about the shop system being a bit obtuse but at this point it's like requesting the deck chairs on the Titanic be rearranged...

So, its yet another positive thing?
When you rearrange deck chairs on the Titanic, you ensure some of us get a better view of the wreck and panic.
I do love to watch a good panic.

BlueMax
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Caadium @ Apr 19 2010, 05:44 PM) *
Check the first post of the Stickied thread about the LE copies of the books. When they announced that the books were on the boat there was a link in that post for ordering a copy. Mind you, it has been over two months since they told us the books were on the boat and there is no street date. I would guess (based on the info in that other thread) that the street date is about 2 or so weeks off, but there is no official word.

Ordering now wouldn't seem so bad. What people here are complaining about is that some of us paid for the book over a year ago.

Well that's kinda the thing. If they're over a year late as is, with people having ordered them a year ago still not having received them. I'm curious as to the realistic expectation of ordering now and actually getting one.

I guess I'm saying "Ok they're off the boat, but how many in the box were already accounted for'?
Caadium
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 19 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Well that's kinda the thing. If they're over a year late as is, with people having ordered them a year ago still not having received them. I'm curious as to the realistic expectation of ordering now and actually getting one.

I guess I'm saying "Ok they're off the boat, but how many in the box were already accounted for'?

As I said, check the link in the stickied thread. When they said they were on the boat they were still selling them.
OneTrikPony
so is vice going to be available as a PDF soon or not?

Did parts of vice get re written?

If yes: which parts of vice got re writen?
JM Hardy
QUOTE (OneTrikPony @ Apr 19 2010, 09:52 PM) *
so is vice going to be available as a PDF soon or not?

Did parts of vice get re written?

If yes: which parts of vice got re writen?

Vice should be available again soon. None of it needed to be rewritten.

Jason H.
OneTrikPony
Xcelent!

Thanks JM smile.gif
otakusensei
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Apr 19 2010, 10:03 PM) *
Vice should be available again soon. None of it needed to be rewritten.

Jason H.

What about DotA:Midnight? Do I have a collectors item here or what?
JM Hardy
QUOTE (otakusensei @ Apr 19 2010, 10:56 PM) *
What about DotA:Midnight? Do I have a collectors item here or what?

I hate to break it to you, but probably not. That should be freed up at about the same time as Vice.

Jason H.
Method
On the topic of DotA:Midnight: any chance we will see a free pdf of color maps like those released for Dawn Dusk?

Edit: fixed (I don't know whats wrong with me tonight...) ohplease.gif
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 19 2010, 10:59 PM) *
On the topic of DotA:Midnight: any chance we will see a free pdf of color maps like those released for Dawn?

Hmmm . . . that's a good question. I'll have to check on that one.

Jason H.
Lithium
Free colour maps for Dusk? Where?

Amazon keep telling me that my Midnight order is only 1 -->3 weeks away.

Then again, they also tell me the Runner's Toolkit is only 1 --> 2 months away....

I guess that is like relying on Microsoft minutes....
Pepsi Jedi
Figures. I order Vice for a pretty penny off Ebay, and they turn around and put it back up as a cheep pdf a week later.

Damn Troll like lack of patience!
Method
QUOTE (Lithium @ Apr 19 2010, 10:10 PM) *
Free colour maps for Dusk? Where?
Actually, I think I got my wires crossed. The color maps for Dusk were part of the enhanced pdf bundle. It was maps for Ghost Cartels that they released for free.
Cain
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 19 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Actually, I think I got my wires crossed. The color maps for Dusk were part of the enhanced pdf bundle. It was maps for Ghost Cartels that they released for free.

I didn't find the Ghost Cartels maps to be very useful. I only go over them in a paragraph in my review; but basically, they don't look so impressive in B&W, the scale is wrong for tactical maps, and they have too much GM info to be used as player handouts. I can't figure out what they're useful for.
Method
I agree about the "too much GM info" point. Sean Macdonald does some beautiful work, but there is definitely the sense that he is trying to pack everything onto a single page for printing purposes.

If I were a SR Line Developer (ahem... hint, hint biggrin.gif ) I would post a free pdf of the maps without legends, keys, GM notes or even titles strictly to be used as player handouts.
HappyDaze
And if you're not a line developer, your maps are still a welcome treat. I don't play much SR these days, but I still hope to see some more of your work. I can certainly offer you payment competitive with CGL's standard first quarter 2010 freelancer payments! I think a beer or two outdoes them by a pretty wide stretch! biggrin.gif
ShimmerGeek
So what was the deal with Midnight?

Were some copies released in print-form before it was pulled?

Delta
As I have bought a print copy of Midnight two weeks ago at my FLGS, I'd say they were, yes.
otakusensei
QUOTE (ShimmerGeek @ Apr 20 2010, 05:51 AM) *
So what was the deal with Midnight?

Were some copies released in print-form before it was pulled?

Yes, as I understand it the preorders were shipped before the higher ups notified Troy about the hold. Stories differ as to what the timeframe was but it's generally seen as a black mark that CGL shipped them out at all.

QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Apr 19 2010, 10:58 PM) *
I hate to break it to you, but probably not. That should be freed up at about the same time as Vice.

Jason H.

Actually, Jason, I think this is great news. I really liked Midnight and I'm glad it gets to stay in it's original form. Double glad because this means that the writers were paid for their work.
Werewindlefr
Wow wow wow... Jason, I've listened to your interview on Nerd News Network... what's this thing about War being released this summer? Have there been good news we haven't been informed of yet? Does this mean we can *hope* (a slim hope, as they say in Fallout 2) to see the Runner's Toolkit and the rest of the awesome stuff in a similar timeframe?

And Aztlan vs. Amazonia? WTF? I feel that Aztechnology's position as the 2nd megacorp is threatened. Are they going to Renraku-themselves in the foot?
Ancient History
Keep your pantaloons on.
sirdoom
Alternatively, is the rumor true about the Catalyst shipping computer being gone due to it's owner no longer being with the company?

I wouldn't call it a "rumour"... ninja.gif
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 20 2010, 10:35 AM) *
Keep your pantaloons on.

Must we keep our dwarf sized tentacle pants on as well?
Arclight
QUOTE (sirdoom @ Apr 20 2010, 04:15 PM) *
I wouldn't call it a "rumour"... ninja.gif

If that is true, and I were the owner of said computer, I would still laugh my ass of. This really would be the most stupid move of a business owner I have ever heard of. grinbig.gif

Oh, and being fired and having free time to spare, I would've started testing a new OS and truecrypting the complete harddrive afterwards. cyber.gif
Method
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Apr 20 2010, 03:30 AM) *
And if you're not a line developer, your maps are still a welcome treat.
Thanks man. To be clear that was a hint for Jason. I wouldn't not want the job of SR Line Developer (hell no!).

And unfortunately I won't be in Seattle much more. Couple days in June for graduation and then Im out. You'll have to mail me those beers! grinbig.gif
HappyDaze
So is Wyoming still your plan? I'll actually be out there sometime this summer to visit a friend in Rawlings - an old CO friend from my time in the field that got an offer he couldn't refuse - I really have to buy him some beers too!
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Werewindlefr @ Apr 20 2010, 09:26 AM) *
Wow wow wow... Jason, I've listened to your interview on Nerd News Network... what's this thing about War being released this summer? Have there been good news we haven't been informed of yet? Does this mean we can *hope* (a slim hope, as they say in Fallout 2) to see the Runner's Toolkit and the rest of the awesome stuff in a similar timeframe?

And Aztlan vs. Amazonia? WTF? I feel that Aztechnology's position as the 2nd megacorp is threatened. Are they going to Renraku-themselves in the foot?

As is my general tendency, I'm going to keep on moving forward with projects and making plans until I'm told I can't. I haven't been told that yet. So War! has its place in the pipeline, and we will work toward that.

As far as the details of War--well, I'm not gonna discuss them this early, am I? wink.gif

Jason H.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012