Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Puyallups IV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Redjack
This is the OOC for the next installment of runners working for the fixer Kilroy based in the Puyallup Barrens, Seattle.

The recruitment for this crew is HERE
The reference thread is HERE

The previous OOC for this crew is HERE
The previous IC for this crew is HERE

The current team is:
- Jazz: Hacker/Face
- Jake: Drone Rigger
Thanee
Hello, new OOC thread! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Revan ... Raven ... biggrin.gif

Welcome aboard, Saytr! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Saytr
wazzzup Thanee. Yeah Revan lol.
kvasac
I'm here.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Saytr @ Sep 19 2010, 12:02 PM) *
wazzzup Thanee. Yeah Revan lol.

Someone's been playing KOTOR recently.
cndblank
Sweet!
Saytr
lol not exactly but just sounded good for the character. Its all good though.
SleepIncarnate
Yeah it does, which is why Bioware and Lucasarts used it years ago nyahnyah.gif
cndblank
OK first time with this

F3 Spirit of man (Grandfather) Optional Innate Spell Increased Reflexes

OK.
Got Busy signal No successes first try to summon F3 spirit of man spirit.

1 to resist = 2S
2 for drain so No drain

Try to summon F3 SOM again
5 successes 2nd time 0 resist for SOM.
Have 5 services but max is 4 so 4 services
Bind get 4 succcesses spirit gets 2 so 4S but have one next successes but max is still 4 services. Rats.
Get 6 to resist drain so no drain.

Grandfather owes 4 services

1500 in binding material for F3 spirit used up.

Search Results
ID Name Player Campaign Roll Results Note Date
# 2694890 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@12d6.hits(5) [6,2,1,6,1,6,4,6,6,5 ,2,1]=(6)
W5, C5, AD2 Resist Bind drain 4s 10-Sep-20 06:32
# 2694885 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@6d6.hits(5) [1,6,4,1,1,6]=(2)
F3 SOM resist binding fx2 10-Sep-20 06:31
# 2694884 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@6d6,hits(5) ERROR
10-Sep-20 06:31
# 2694882 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@10d6.hits(5) [6,2,4,2,5,6,5,1,2,3 ]=(4)
Bind spirit of man B1, M5, MOS2, AD2 10-Sep-20 06:30
# 2694879 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@3d6.hits(5) [2,2,3]=(0)
SOM F3 resist 10-Sep-20 06:28
# 2694878 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@13d6.hits(5) [6,6,1,5,3,2,6,1,3,1 ,5,1,3]=(5)
summon f3 spirit of man again 10-Sep-20 06:27
cndblank
Summon F5 Earligold a tree spirit after binding Grandfather.
Since it should be after dusk.

Get 6 successes
Earligold gets 3 so 3 services until Dawn.
I get 7 to resist drain of 6S so all set.

Time to get to the meet.

ID Name Player Campaign Roll Results Note Date
# 2694907 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@12d6.hits(5) [3,6,2,6,5,6,1,2,5,3 ,5,5]=(7)
Resist 6s for drain. C5+W5+AD2 10-Sep-20 06:47
# 2694906 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@5d6.hits(5) [6,6,5,4,4]=(3)
Earligold resists 10-Sep-20 06:46
# 2694902 Puyallup:Kit cndblank 1@11d6.hits(5) [2,5,6,5,6,2,4,4,2,6 ,5]=(6)
Summon Earligold F5 plant spirit. S4 M5 AD2 = 11 10-Sep-20 06:45
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (cndblank @ Sep 20 2010, 08:49 PM) *
5 successes 2nd time 0 resist for SOM.
Have 5 services but max is 4 so 4 services

Where is this rule from? I've never seen it before and just checked again and closest I found to it is the rule about not having more bound spirits than your charisma. Didn't find anything about a limit to the number of services owed though.
Thanee
I also think that there is no such limit for max. services.

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
At least for summoning, it is your rating in summoning.

I have DanielKnight's excel character sheet.

Made me decide to take 6 in summoning and 4 in spell casting.

One thing about PBEM, is that it helps me as a GM understand the mechanics better after having to use them as a Player.

cndblank
OK checked SR4A and could not find any restrictions on the number of services in the magic section.

Did find it in character creation so I think that limitation only applies to spirits bound during character creation.

Sorry about the confusion

Earligold PS F5 3 services

GrandFather SOM F3 bound 6 services
Redjack
Reminder: Invisible castle needs to be used for all rolls. Please insure that you use the same Character Name so that the rolls link through historically.

In the campaign, please simply enter: Puyallups
Redjack
Also, unless you pay the karma to begin with bound spirits, all binding tests must occur in game.
Redjack
PPS: Please turn off signatures when posting.
Redjack
I just realized that the Invisible Castle notes I posted (cut-n-paste) were outdated. Invisible Castle supports naming a campaign. Simply use: Puyallups
Redjack
Jazz
1) Comforts: 1, Entertainment: 2, Necessities: 3, Neighborhood: 3, Security: 3, Extras: Nosy Neighbors -2 = 2,000 nuyen.gif
2) Comforts: 3, Entertainment: 1, Necessities: 3, Neighborhood: 2, Security: 3, Extras: None = 3,200 nuyen.gif
3) Comforts: 2, Entertainment: 2, Necessities: 2, Neighborhood: 1, Security: 2, Extras: Workspace +1 = 2,000 nuyen.gif
4) Comforts: 2, Entertainment: 0, Necessities: 3, Neighborhood: 0, Security: 3, Extras: No neighbors +1, escape tunnel +3 = 3,200 nuyen.gif
5) Comforts: 3, Entertainment: 2, Necessities: 3, Neighborhood: 2, Security: 2, Extras: None = 3,200 nuyen.gif

* Given what I believe I know about Jazz, you may consider bumping the entertainment to at least 3 to keep from getting nickled and dimed to death during game play.
Thanee
Yep, Entertainment 3 is a must. biggrin.gif

Looking through RC, I guess I will have to spend a bit more on Lifestyle than I thought... but since it also includes entertainment, clothing, and everything, that should be ok.

All in all, I think the following would be perfect...

Comforts 3, Entertainment 3, Necessities 4, Neighborhood 2, Security 3, Extras: none

Soo... something akin to 2) with upgraded Entertainment and Necessities 4 would be perfect.

That would be the lowest Middle Lifestyle (5,000¥), which seems about right, I guess, and should be doable.

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
I still owe my final character sheet.

Where are we at otherwise?
Redjack
kvasac checked in and in working crazy hours till the end of the week.
I think Satyr is processing back into the US. May take another day or two to get online.
I am going to try to review SleepIncarnate's character sheet tonight.

On the plus side, I think we are about done with Thanee's between run stuff except for how she's gonna pay for her new lifestyle.. biggrin.gif
Redjack
Ok. The final player has posted into the game and Midnight is sure going to keep the team on their toes. I think Midnight's character sheet is done leaving the final copy due from cndblank. Everyone has till Saturday to wrap up pre-meet stuff then I bump us, making up the in between myself for anyone stuck in transit.
SleepIncarnate
That's Jenny Midnight.
Thanee
Good idea with the reference. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Bam!!

Puyallups Game Reference

Thanee beat me to the post!
Redjack
Ok. To keep the game lively and from analysis paralysis, I have bumped us up. Everyone please post themselves to the booth. I hope I've provided enough atmosphere to give you some room for a good entrance post. Please be sure to include comments about your character's appearance and some mannerisms to give your team mates a first good feel for your character and first impression for them to respond to. By next weekend (realtime), I will post pulling the team together, possibly giving you one more post before meeting your Johnson. Feel free to post in response to the arrival/conversation from other arriving players.
Thanee
Speaking of lifestyle cost... how much should I deduct for lifestyle this month?

I already have 2k prepaid from chargen, so 3k in addition? Considering it is basically for half the month, that would make sense, too. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
I forgot she just arrived days ago... Yes. That is perfect!
kvasac
Sorry for the delay. Things should be goinf back to normal and then I'll be of the grid from 25th-31st due to Book Fair. After that there should be no more delays.
Redjack
@Kvasac - Welcome back!

@Thanee - I didn't remember Jazz having a black SUV...?
Thanee
She had that from the beginning (Atlanta game). smile.gif

BTW, Jazz is human, not elven. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Here's a picture of Jazz made by Gray (who was one of the original players here).

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 16 2010, 04:27 AM) *
She had that from the beginning (Atlanta game). smile.gif
GM Fail.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 16 2010, 04:27 AM) *
BTW, Jazz is human, not elven. wink.gif
Complete and utter GM fail. :shamed:
Thanee
QUOTE (Redjack @ Oct 17 2010, 03:04 AM) *
GM Fail.

Well, it was pretty easy to miss, and she used her bike all the time in this game so far. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
SleepIncarnate
It's a stealth SUV
Redjack
That it was!
Redjack
Wow. Four days and no player posts. Am I fast forwarding too much? Everyone good with the pace I am setting in the IC?
Thanee
embarrassed.gif

Bye
Thanee
cndblank
Well like Kit said, she needs the cred and is a newbie.

So she is in.

Best thing a newbie can do around a Johnson is keep quiet.

I'll be plenty vocal later.

SleepIncarnate
I've been really busy with work lately, we all just got a bunch of additional tasking turning our 9-11 hour days into 12-14 hour days, plus the mile-ish walk one way to and from work, so yeah, I'll try to get on it. Try to negotiate with the J for a better price, when I get the time, but was also waiting to see if anyone else wants to start it or if I should. Guess I AM the face now. Anyways, I'm actually typing this from work and getting ready for brief so I'll look at it again after I land. Yay deployed life.
Redjack
No problem, this is a 1 post/week game. I was just surprised that there weren't any posts after 4 days. biggrin.gif
SleepIncarnate
Judging from Thanee's response here to that remark (and Jazz's remarks IC) I'm guessing she and I (the two most likely faces) were both waiting for the other (or someone else) to jump on it first grinbig.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 4 2010, 11:52 PM) *
I've been really busy with work lately, we all just got a bunch of additional tasking turning our 9-11 hour days into 12-14 hour days, ...

I'm glad that we have laws against that... more than 10h per day is not allowed! smile.gif

...plus the mile-ish walk one way to and from work...

Heh. Mine's about 40 miles... good thing I do not need to walk! grinbig.gif

I would definitely prefer a one mile walk, though. Maybe next year, I really just need to find a decent enough flat close to work. wink.gif

Guess I AM the face now.

Maybe we can get some teamwork bonus dice. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
I'm happy to role play or roll play the negotiations as you see fit.
Thanee
Thanks, SleepIncarnate, I like totally misread Redjacks last post (gonna edit mine now). smile.gif

You might want to revisit your post as well now. embarrassed.gif

Bye
Thanee
SleepIncarnate
Makin me edit mine..... indeed. *shakes a fist in mock indiginant rage*
Thanee
Well, I don't think we can really speak for all at this point (hardly knowing them), so best wait a bit so all can chime in (and be it only to nod their agreement). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Let's try and wrap up the meet before Thanksgiving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012