Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] - Shadows of the CAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 4 2013, 11:18 AM) *
Wow. You really think that of me?
That I would sick the Russian mafias female assassin squad on you? This early in the story? wink.gif

I'm just waiting for that Juke-box you keep mentioning, to stop playing .. and the locals to all stand up and start breaking off chair legs and breaking bottles on the bar !
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 4 2013, 07:21 AM) *
I'm just waiting for that Juke-box you keep mentioning, to stop playing .. and the locals to all stand up and start breaking off chair legs and breaking bottles on the bar !

It's way to early for that. Come back around 23:00 smile.gif
Lobo0705
Just an OOC FYI, Lobo is assuming that the Kid is a decker, based on his distracted gaze seemingly indicating heavy AR use.

LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 4 2013, 11:42 AM) *
Just an OOC FYI, Lobo is assuming that the Kid is a decker, based on his distracted gaze seemingly indicating heavy AR use.

Well its kinda the truth smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 4 2013, 03:41 PM) *
<< @⚙Group [♣ Lobo]: .............>>

Hi man, no need to use the symbols - ⚙ & ♣

call them, Hacker Flair ... basically me and the kid showing off in AR with our fancy fonts,

we can develop you one, but it's a chargable service, call it 10% of the run fee and a beer ..

okay okay, you drive a hard bargain, just a beer ... and I'm cuttin' me own throat here !

*EDIT*

how do you feel about

[◊ Lobo]
Lobo0705
No worries - I just thought that is what we were using in the campaign to denote standard commlink communication smile.gif

The diamond before Lobo is cool - what should we use for the Group symbol?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 4 2013, 04:04 PM) *
No worries - I just thought that is what we were using in the campaign to denote standard commlink communication smile.gif

This symbol is called "For ALL" ∀

I'm in no way asking for this to be mandatory communication etiquette, as it adds a level of complexity,

one that I cannot maintain when I post from my ipad for example smile.gif

but I like the little bits of flair, so thanks to PhlapJack for plagiarising the idea ... kudos
Lobo0705
Cool - updated my post smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 4 2013, 04:08 PM) *
Cool - updated my post smile.gif

lookin' good !

and IF Egg wants to use one too,

I kinda liked it looks like an E and is "an Element Of" or
LordArcana
I intend no offense to anyone here when I say this... I know and understand that this is a game. I know and understand that we all have Real Lives that we must attend to first and foremost. With that said I really don't want to see this story die an early stagnant death. Its important that the momentum keep going. With that said if you go 24 hours without some sort of interaction I am going to put the character in "auto-player mode". I will do my best to keep the characters actions in line with their intended concept (as far as i understand it) and the player is welcomed to come back and take control when they have time. It's important that the game doesn't have long stretches of inactivity because we are waiting on one character.

I am very impressed with everyone's interactions so far. In fact I am pleasantly surprised at how well things are going. I had nightmares the few days before putting up the Want Ad thinking about how bad things could go. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.
Mach_Ten
Yup, we have a real quality of tenured player and "role-players" in here.

It has great potential, and i am more than happy for you to autopilot Artemis, should i drop off the grid.

Probably not gonna happen, though! smile.gif as you can probably tell, I do have a burning desire to post hourly if not daily.

LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 4 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Yup, we have a real quality of tenured player and "role-players" in here.

It has great potential, and i am more than happy for you to autopilot Artemis, should i drop off the grid.

Probably not gonna happen, though! smile.gif as you can probably tell, I do have a burning desire to post hourly if not daily.

Not a problem at all. I enjoy waking up in the wee hours of the night and seeing there are posts for me to read smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 4 2013, 10:24 PM) *
Not a problem at all. I enjoy waking up in the wee hours of the night and seeing there are posts for me to read smile.gif

Yeah, getting to that age when all you have to look forward to, is bathroom breaks and my posts!

You poor, poor man! biggrin.gif
Lobo0705
No problem for me as well - although as you may have noticed, I am able to post pretty regularly as well smile.gif

The only time I may be away from posting would be the afternoon of Friday the 15th to the late afternoon of Sunday the 17th, as I will be at a historical miniatures convention.

Apart from that, you are stuck with me smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 4 2013, 07:13 PM) *
No problem for me as well - although as you may have noticed, I am able to post pretty regularly as well smile.gif

The only time I may be away from posting would be the afternoon of Friday the 15th to the late afternoon of Sunday the 17th, as I will be at a historical miniatures convention.

Apart from that, you are stuck with me smile.gif

Thank you for the heads up. If anyone is going to be away for a set period of time just let me know and we can make arrangements. I am happy to take requests what the player would prefer the character to do in certain circumstances and i will work around it.
Mach_Ten
I'm not gonna pretend Artemis has seen any of that stuff on the walls.
But a healthy dose of paranoia that he has, would some kind of judge intentions on the patrons help?

Just to feel the strange atmosphere and suggest we move venue.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 04:10 AM) *
The jukebox continues to play Southern Country music from at least two decades ago. The song that just finished seems to have told a story about a man who's wife left him, then his dog got sick and died and finally the tax men came to his door and took his truck first and then his house.

Reminds me of that old (corny) joke, it goes something like:
Q: "What happens if you play country music backwards?"
A: "You get your wife back, your truck back, your dog back, ..."

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 04:10 AM) *
As you look around at all the empty booths it dawns on you that the walls of this 'fine establishment' are decorated in racing paraphernalia collected from the last thirty years. There are pictures, banners, autographed racing suits, car parts... you name it having to do with auto racing and its on the walls somewhere.

One more thing to picque Matt's attention.

Soon as I have a little more free time, I'll roll:
- Encrypt (? need to roll?)
- Data search on ABER
- Automotive KS to get more info on the posters
LordArcana
Mach-Ten, you can roll judge intentions if you wish. Are you targeting anyone in particular or just the atmosphere of the room. If the former no modifiers. If the whole room you get a +2. Depending on which you pick will glean slightly different results.

Phlapjack, no need to roll to encrypt. Any roll against your encryption will just use double your encrypt rating as a threshold. The other two rolls will work. The knowledge is fine. The data search for each net hit you get I'll let you ask 1 specific question about ABER after I post what you get from the roll.
LordArcana
Actually phlapjack roll the electronic warfare + encrypt. I will add the net hits to the threshold for decrypt attempts
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Mach-Ten, you can roll judge intentions if you wish. Are you targeting anyone in particular or just the atmosphere of the room. If the former no modifiers. If the whole room you get a +2. Depending on which you pick will glean slightly different results.

Phlapjack, no need to roll to encrypt. Any roll against your encryption will just use double your encrypt rating as a threshold. The other two rolls will work. The knowledge is fine. The data search for each net hit you get I'll let you ask 1 specific question about ABER after I post what you get from the roll.

Specifically the room,

I'm expecting that itching feeling as someone walks over my grave

Judge intentions CHA + INT + KINESICS +2 for the room
(12d6.hits(5) =2)

not my greatest roll ever, I'm not going to EDGE it.

That work for you ?
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 5 2013, 06:51 AM) *
Specifically the room,

I'm expecting that itching feeling as someone walks over my grave

Judge intentions CHA + INT + KINESICS +2 for the room
(12d6.hits(5) =2)

not my greatest roll ever, I'm not going to EDGE it.

That work for you ?

That works for me. You are already suspicious a little, considering your earlier run in with Semion at the jack in the Box drive thru, but at face value this place seems honestly just a hometown bar/BBQ joint. For a moment yoour mind eases thinking perhaps this is just your imagination working overtime but then there is the obvious fact... you are eating real food! and so is everyone else! It must cost a Fraggin Fortune for all of this food... and the place looks like it hasn't seen a remodel in at least a couple decades. SOMETHING just isn't right about this place but you can't quite put your finger on it. Nothing jumps out as being outright dangerous... just the hairs on your neck won't settle down...
phlapjack77
First time playing a technomancer, so apologies if this is hella wrong or something...
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 06:15 PM) *
The other two rolls will work. The knowledge is fine. The data search for each net hit you get I'll let you ask 1 specific question about ABER after I post what you get from the roll.

Threading Browse CF: Software(3) + AnalMind(2) + Res(4) = 3 hits
Resist 3S Fading: Log(5) + Res(4) = 4 hits, he's good
Browse(3) + DataSearch(3) + AnalMind(2) = 2 hits

----- Dropping the threaded Browse -----

Automotive knowledge, no threading
Vehicle Identify CF(4) + Res(4) = 5 hits!

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 06:21 PM) *
Actually phlapjack roll the electronic warfare + encrypt. I will add the net hits to the threshold for decrypt attempts

Probably won't thread Encrypt, since he'd be holding it the entire time in the restaurant and would be even more distracted

Encrypt CF (4) + Res(4) = 4 hits

Not too bad, although the rolls could've been worse with such low dice pools...in more dire circumstances I plan on him threading more and having some sprites assist-operation
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 5 2013, 11:58 AM) *
First time playing a technomancer, so ...... AnalMind(2)

Hurr hurr hurr .... he said Anal mind ! biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 11:40 AM) *
That works for me. You are already suspicious a little, considering your earlier run in with Semion at the jack in the Box drive thru, but at face value this place seems honestly just a hometown bar/BBQ joint. For a moment yoour mind eases thinking perhaps this is just your imagination working overtime but then there is the obvious fact... you are eating real food! and so is everyone else! It must cost a Fraggin Fortune for all of this food... and the place looks like it hasn't seen a remodel in at least a couple decades. SOMETHING just isn't right about this place but you can't quite put your finger on it. Nothing jumps out as being outright dangerous... just the hairs on your neck won't settle down...

WE ARE EATING ... PEOPLE ! ... SOYLENT GREEN ... SOYLENT GREEEEEN!!
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 4 2013, 12:04 PM) *

That is one of the very simple things about matrix communication that is just swept under the rug. Personally i think that with so many different Operating Systems and personalization of each how each person does texting is up to them... call it difference in their commlinks smile.gif

All I really ask is that if its a matrix thing (using your commlink communication) then put it in yellow. Some people think sub vocal is commlink too but i tend to think of it as a seperate device, perhaps routed through the comm... but i think of it as those neck devices you see military guys wear.
LordArcana
@phlapjack, i was thinking more along the lines of Knowledge skill Automotive history since most of the stuff on the walls is older.... more older than newer put it that way. But i'll let you add those 5 hits to your dice pool of Automotive History roll.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 5 2013, 08:26 PM) *
Hurr hurr hurr .... he said Anal mind ! biggrin.gif

What? No, I have the positive quality 'Analytical Mind', so I just shortened it. Why would you think I said..ooooooooooooohhhh. I see!

smile.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 5 2013, 08:30 PM) *
WE ARE EATING ... PEOPLE ! ... SOYLENT GREEN ... SOYLENT GREEEEEN!!

<camera pans slowly around the group, getting shots of all of their reactions>

<Lobo looks down in disgust>
Lobo knows !
<Artemis looks at his plate in growing horror>
Artemis knows !
<Egg has a horrible sick look on her face>
Egg knows !
<Matt shrugs his shoulders and keeps chowing down>
Matt knows but he doesn't care!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 11:48 PM) *
@phlapjack, i was thinking more along the lines of Knowledge skill Automotive history since most of the stuff on the walls is older.... more older than newer put it that way. But i'll let you add those 5 hits to your dice pool of Automotive History roll.

Gotcha!
So Automotive History(2) + Log(5) + teamwork hits(5) = 6 hits!
Those 5 extra dice turned into 4 hits on the roll...IC is loving me today.
LordArcana
Ok....

@Mach_Ten, I'll leave it up to you if you think it would be best to change venue. A cautious runner would always assume the worst and hope for the best...

@phlapjack, What you find in two minutes searching for ABER Technologies while Burn-out is away:

ABER Technologies was founded in 2068 by four friends, graduates of MIT&T in various fields of study. The founders are Geoff Allen (Sales & Marketing), Fredric, Beirngham (Design & Function), Armen Edinbrough (Software & Programming) and Daniel Rothe (Mechanical Operations). The focus of the company is the building of various operational chips for a myriad of devices ranging from Response chips for commlinks to Logic Systems for non-combat drones. The company has several large contracts through out the plex with drone manufacturers as well has hardware repair shops. The location of the company is on the corner of International Drive and Corporate Drive in Concord. The company current employes forty-one people (excluding security) at its single location which houses the main offices as well as R&D and the manufacturing department. The company prefers not to stockpile merchandise in efforts to minimize costs so there is also a small shipping department in the building.

Very little is mentioned about security other than to keep costs down the company refuses to pay the fees for outside service contracts so it houses its own security staff.

You may ask 2 specific questions about ABER which i will answer truthfully to the best knowledge that would be considered public knowledge.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 04:09 PM) *
Ok....

@Mach_Ten, I'll leave it up to you if you think it would be best to change venue. A cautious runner would always assume the worst and hope for the best...

at this point, I'm thinking about self induced vomiting... just not in public, and not in this suit ! biggrin.gif

the Venue is entirely secondary nyahnyah.gif
LordArcana
@phlapjack, Knowledge Automotive History:

The first thing that becomes apparent looking at all the collectables on the walls is the owner is obviously a General Motors fan since all of the vehicles are from that team over the last couple decades. You see several photos from the twenties (2020's) all of which have the same young man with several different race car drivers. The face on the young man doesn't seem familiar at all but many of the drivers are people you have found media references to through out the history of racing. Most of them are multiple championship winners and all of them were from this area of the CAS.

You may ask 6 specific questions if you wish.
LordArcana
HOLY CRAP! Totally not the reaction i thought you would have but that made some funny reading smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 04:26 PM) *
HOLY CRAP! Totally not the reaction i thought you would have but that made some funny reading smile.gif

going with my gut, literally ! smile.gif

it is a complete assumption, and born of paranoia it's his first thought, no time to think about it!

React first, try and cover the reaction with fast talk and dive for the bathroom, via the kitchen to see if he can see
Large pots of soup with human hands sticking out of it..

this is THE last time I visit hick-ville again,

at least Stuffers are generally safe !!
LordArcana
Have fun Artemis nyahnyah.gif

The scene in my head is pretty damn funny. I can only imagine the look on his face as is hair goes flat... does he stay and try to talk the man down or does he run?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 6 2013, 12:09 AM) *
You may ask 2 specific questions about ABER which i will answer truthfully to the best knowledge that would be considered public knowledge.

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 6 2013, 12:21 AM) *

Gimme tomorrow to think what the questions should be, my brain is fried now smile.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 6 2013, 12:29 AM) *
Large pots of soup with human hands sticking out of it..

Gorrammit, I can't find that youtube clip! I even know the soundtrack, it's "Mountain of Power" from Conan The Barbarian. Anywho, if you're anybody who's anybody, you'll know the scene I'm trying to link biggrin.gif
Lobo0705
You mean this? smile.gif

Soup is on!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 04:49 PM) *
Have fun Artemis nyahnyah.gif

The scene in my head is pretty damn funny. I can only imagine the look on his face as is hair goes flat... does he stay and try to talk the man down or does he run?

Riiiiiight then ! ... like this then is it ?

I'm in the car in 30 minutes and will file a suitable reply asap ! you utter swine ! biggrin.gif

love it
Lobo0705
So....

Does Artemis have a look of constipation on his face, or consternation?

Big difference smile.gif

Reminds me of my brief period of learning german, and my classmate read the sentence out of the book as "Hände hoch oder ich scheißen" instead of "Hände hoch oder ich schießen"

TREMENDOUS difference.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 5 2013, 02:44 PM) *
So....

Does Artemis have a look of constipation on his face, or consternation?

Big difference smile.gif

Reminds me of my brief period of learning german, and my classmate read the sentence out of the book as "Hände hoch oder ich scheißen" instead of "Hände hoch oder ich schießen"

TREMENDOUS difference.

Oh i meant constipation... he just looks like he wants to first scream S H I T... and then do it.... and then start crying for mommy. But you guys will see just why he has that look in a few seconds of game time nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 07:46 PM) *
Oh i meant constipation... he just looks like he wants to first scream S H I T... and then do it.... and then start crying for mommy. But you guys will see just why he has that look in a few seconds of game time nyahnyah.gif

I demand accurate maps with perfect ranges and cover.... Lots of cover!
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 5 2013, 03:37 PM) *
I demand accurate maps with perfect ranges and cover.... Lots of cover!

Ok, give me a few to get a map up... don't make me do all this work if you are just going to run away wink.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 08:48 PM) *
Ok, give me a few to get a map up... don't make me do all this work if you are just going to run away wink.gif

I was kidding

I'm gonna reduce this guy to a quivering wreck though,

And until 10 seconds ago, when my ipad ate my post, i was going great.

I'm happy to wrap this up and move it on to the job, not getting the 'team' involved in this, unless its 'plot' smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 5 2013, 04:01 PM) *
I was kidding

I'm gonna reduce this guy to a quivering wreck though,

And until 10 seconds ago, when my ipad ate my post, i was going great.

I'm happy to wrap this up and move it on to the job, not getting the 'team' involved in this, unless its 'plot' smile.gif

Oh that's just great! I get the stick layout all drawn and now you don't want it!? Bring forth the bolts from the sky! Just kidding. Its up to you though seriously how you want to proceed. Is it plot? Well that all depends on how you handle things smile.gif
LordArcana
COMBAT MAP UP

You Bastard! You killed Kenny!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 09:07 PM) *
Is it plot? Well that all depends on how you handle things smile.gif

Well, I'm happy how my ic.gif looks,

He's throwing everything at this guy, Kinesics, Pheromones, and Enthralling Performance on him as well, just getting him to stand dumbfounded

and pray to god that it's 'His' Bar and that the history I describe is his (and it's not Burn-out who owns the joint ... damn ... this may not go well)

oh well, we all like to shoot stuff, right ? ... guys ?.......... guys ?

smile.gif

Bed time, night night all
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 5 2013, 05:15 PM) *
Well, I'm happy how my ic.gif looks,

He's throwing everything at this guy, Kinesics, Pheromones, and Enthralling Performance on him as well, just getting him to stand dumbfounded

and pray to god that it's 'His' Bar and that the history I describe is his (and it's not Burn-out who owns the joint ... damn ... this may not go well)

smile.gif

Bed time, night night all

I must say when i read the first couple lines i had to think to myself... "Is he trying to get himself killed?" but then i kept reading and i was pleasently surprised...
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 6 2013, 01:00 AM) *
You mean this? smile.gif

Soup is on!

Perfect! Lobo, I award you +1 internets smile.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 6 2013, 06:15 AM) *

Is now a bad time to mention that Autowired doesn't have a gun, much less a gun skill?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 6 2013, 12:09 AM) *
ABER Technologies was founded in 2068 by four friends, graduates of MIT&T in various fields of study. The founders are Geoff Allen (Sales & Marketing), Fredric, Beirngham (Design & Function), Armen Edinbrough (Software & Programming) and Daniel Rothe (Mechanical Operations). The focus of the company is the building of various operational chips for a myriad of devices ranging from Response chips for commlinks to Logic Systems for non-combat drones. The company has several large contracts through out the plex with drone manufacturers as well has hardware repair shops. The location of the company is on the corner of International Drive and Corporate Drive in Concord. The company current employes forty-one people (excluding security) at its single location which houses the main offices as well as R&D and the manufacturing department. The company prefers not to stockpile merchandise in efforts to minimize costs so there is also a small shipping department in the building.

Very little is mentioned about security other than to keep costs down the company refuses to pay the fees for outside service contracts so it houses its own security staff.

1. Have ABER been in the news lately with any scandals or potential takeovers or new products...basically anything of interest from recent news
2. What are the supply delivery schedules like for resources delivered to the facility?

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 6 2013, 12:21 AM) *
The first thing that becomes apparent looking at all the collectables on the walls is the owner is obviously a General Motors fan since all of the vehicles are from that team over the last couple decades. You see several photos from the twenties (2020's) all of which have the same young man with several different race car drivers. The face on the young man doesn't seem familiar at all but many of the drivers are people you have found media references to through out the history of racing. Most of them are multiple championship winners and all of them were from this area of the CAS.

1. Is there anything in common between all the drivers? (like they all beat cancer or something like that)
2. Is there any obvious sequence to the pictures? Timeline of the young man getting older, year of the cars, etc
3. Does the young man remind Matt of anyone he's seen here in the restaurant
4. Do any of the cars sport sponsorship logos of this BBQ place, or any obviously "strange" sponsorship logos
5. Any writing on the photos, like "To my dear friend, Bob"
6. What is the young man's name nyahnyah.gif
LordArcana
@phlapjack, you don't find anything that would qualify as a scandal. As for new products you do find several media references such as commercials referring to a new response chip that will revolutionize the industry. There are no specifics on how it will do so but it says it will "drastically improve processing capabilities by decreasing response degradation".

There is no public information regarding their shipping receiving schedule (you would have to probably hack their site for that) but you do find a reference to a media Q and A session from a couple years ago where they were asked if they support local suppliers for parts they need raw materials for. Their answer is that they DO use local vendors when one is available but due to the highly specialized quality of products few local suppliers offer those products. They are however proud to announce that they purchased much of their equipment and mechanical support help from a local company... Superfici America.

I will get to your automotive questions at lunch. Typing on the iPhone sucks for long posts smile.gif
phlapjack77
Cool - thanks for the reply.

I know what you mean about typing on phones. I even grew too frustrated with trying to do any advanced typing on a tablet. If it doesn't have a (mostly) full-size keyboard, I'm just not interested...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012