Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] - Shadows of the CAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 10 2013, 08:26 AM) *
@Lord Arcana,

You posted the original IC post about us seeing the BMW on the side of the road while I was posting mine about turning down Corporate Drive, and somehow I never saw it. When I saw the new post about the car pulling out in front of us, I was like, "How did we not see that?" And then I went back and saw the post. D'oh!

Anyway, here is Lobo's perception test - I'll post IC once you let me know the results of me getting three hits.

Hey Lobo. I am not sure how you are doing your links but i noticed that the last two i have seen do not work. I can't quite figure out why it is copying all of that reference. Try this instead and see if it works. Copy the code after the BBCode and just paste that in the reply. No need to click the link button, or select text to be the link. It will make whatever you put in the comments for Invisible Caste and the dice you roll the link.

Example:

This is just a test roll. (10d6.hits(5)=5)

EDIT:

I am just waiting on Artemis to roll for the car and his perception test because its all happening at the same time. While we are waiting on Artemis you can go ahead and roll Initiative. We may not actually need it, but if we do then its already there.

Very nice people in a BMW just rolling dice for no reason. No need to be alarmed. (7d6.hits(5)=2)

Nothing to see here. (11d6.hits(5)=4)
LordArcana
OMG OMG OMG! Where is Mach_Ten.... he hasn't been on in like two hours!? It must be the Zombies!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 10 2013, 03:49 PM) *
OMG OMG OMG! Where is Mach_Ten.... he hasn't been on in like two hours!? It must be the Zombies!

You called ? biggrin.gif

was playing ARMA 3 .. no zombies yet though frown.gif DAYZ mod soon maybe nyahnyah.gif

off out to play Pathfinder though so post later
Lobo0705
Weird.

Not sure why it wasn't working.

How about this?

5d6.hits(5)=0

So, 0 hits, which means my initiative is 5.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 10 2013, 10:58 AM) *

@Mach_Ten: can you roll an Initiative as well please, just in case we need it.

Uhoh... good and not so good. Here is the situation:

The two vehicles are very close together but never made contact. Currently both vehicles have their front tires right on the edge of the road. Another few centimeters and you both would be in the grass. The passenger in the very nice grey suit with his head out the window of the BMW is motioning for the driver to roll his window down. Lobo, sitting in the back seat, is in a position that he can barely make out what appears to be a red birth mark on the suit wearers neck... wait its not a birth mark its a Tattoo of a devil's face.

Artemis is looking more directly at the man so doesn't notice the tattoo but he distinctly hears the fan for the temperature control unit turn off. Glancing quickly down at the instrument panel he indeed sees a little red light next to the Environmental Controls signifying that they have been turned off.

EDIT:

The last thing you guys notice before you post up in IC is that the doors lock and the driving mode goes from Auto-Navigation to Manual Operation and back to Auto-Navigation. Whatever you want to do IC keep in mind a couple things:

* The doors are locked and do not open manually.

* The vehicle is in Auto-Navigation mode and does not accept commands from the driver.

* If you try to use the window controls, the rear windows do not open.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 10 2013, 11:02 AM) *
Weird.

Not sure why it wasn't working.

How about this?

5d6.hits(5)=0

So, 0 hits, which means my initiative is 5.

Yep that worked perfect. I was looking at the code for the other two links. I have no idea where it was getting the first part of the URL. It looked almost like it was carried over from the ending of another URL.

Egg's Init: Initiative (5d6.hits(5)=2) Total = 7
Lobo0705
Does Lobo have any idea what that tattoo represents?
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 10 2013, 01:55 PM) *
Does Lobo have any idea what that tattoo represents?

It is doubtful as your pre-runner life didn't warrant needing to know such things and it is doubtful you would have had dealing with anyone with this marking while working for Saeder-Krupp.
Lobo0705
Okey Dokey, no problem smile.gif

Since his window is down, I assume we can see into the vehicle now - who else is in the car beside him? If necessary, flip my vision to Lowlight and Thermo.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 10 2013, 02:30 PM) *
Okey Dokey, no problem smile.gif

Since his window is down, I assume we can see into the vehicle now - who else is in the car beside him? If necessary, flip my vision to Lowlight and Thermo.

From your position you can see that there is a figure in the passenger seat. You can make another perception test with a +3 since you are actively looking but the threshold is going to be a little higher since the driver is on the other side of the car and the internal light is off. You have a decent perception so you could glean some more details. smile.gif
Lobo0705
Ok - if you include the +3 for me actively looking, I got 5 hits:

14d6.hits(5)=5
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 10 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Ok - if you include the +3 for me actively looking, I got 5 hits:

14d6.hits(5)=5

Wow that is a nice roll. You don't get a great look at the driver but you are fairly certain that its a woman and judging from her silhouette she isn't wearing a designer suit but looks more like the collar of a running suit.
Lobo0705
Ok - just so everyone is on the same page - can we have a quick clarification?

Our car:

Artemis is driving
Lobo is in the back seat behind him.
Egg is in the passenger seat.
(If you look IC, I held the door open for her and then got in on the other side - this is how I pictured it - if you pictured it differently, please let me know).

Their car:

Driver is a woman.

Front passenger is a man with a devil's tattoo on his neck.

Are they both human or some other meta? Do they appear armed?

What I'm not sure of is where the cars are in relation to one another. The map in the dropbox seems to indicate we are heading toward International Drive, while the BMW is heading toward us - we seem to be fairly far away, but the IC description says we are 1 meter apart. How are we positioned? Nose to nose? Side by side?

Not trying to be difficult, just asking smile.gif
Mach_Ten
Initiative

(7d6.hits(5)=3)

Total 10 (2IP)
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 10 2013, 04:45 PM) *
Ok - just so everyone is on the same page - can we have a quick clarification?

Our car:

Artemis is driving
Lobo is in the back seat behind him.
Egg is in the passenger seat.
(If you look IC, I held the door open for her and then got in on the other side - this is how I pictured it - if you pictured it differently, please let me know).

Their car:

Driver is a woman.

Front passenger is a man with a devil's tattoo on his neck.

Are they both human or some other meta? Do they appear armed?

What I'm not sure of is where the cars are in relation to one another. The map in the dropbox seems to indicate we are heading toward International Drive, while the BMW is heading toward us - we seem to be fairly far away, but the IC description says we are 1 meter apart. How are we positioned? Nose to nose? Side by side?

Not trying to be difficult, just asking smile.gif

As you were on International Drive the car could be seen facing you but with the lights off. The car was parked on the wrong side of the street. You guys turned down on Corporate Drive to the end of the street so you could drive by ABER Technologies. Once at the end of the street your car turned around in the parking lot of Superfici America. As you were heading back down Corporate Drive the BMW pulled back onto the road crossing over the street back into the correct lane nearly cutting you guys off. As it stands both cars are pulled up at an odd angle facing North West. The cars are parallel to each other and approximately one meter apart.

Yes the layout of the three of you in the Jackrabbit is what i had in mind. With you behind the driver seat you are on the side closest to the BMW. The passenger is definitely human and the driver is either human or elf but you would lean more towards believing its human. The facial profile looked to round to be an elf. The passenger doesn't appear to be armed. His right arm appears to be holding onto the inside of the car as his left arm and head are sticking out. The bottom of his ribcage would be close to the windowsill of the car. He doesn't appear to be threatening in anyway. Judging by his appearance and his facial expressions it looks like he is just curious if everyone is alright. You cant see the driver all that well but she doesn't appear to have any weapons that you can see.

Yes the passenger is the one with the red devil tattoo.
LordArcana
Initiative Order

IP -1
Jason – 15 (VR)
Artemis - 10
Red-Devils – 9
Egg - 7
Lobo - 5

IP-2
Jason – 15 (VR)
Artemis - 10
Lobo - 5

IP-3
Jason – 15 (VR)

IP-4

Feel free to post up preliminary reactions to the incident. Remember at this point the doors are locked and will not physically open. The windows will not open and the car is in auto-nav mode and doesn't accept input from the driver. It won't change back into manual control at the moment. After you post any preliminary reactions to the incident we will move to Initiative order.
Lobo0705
Ok, so since the passenger would have his right side adjacent to the window, if he is leaning out and keeping his right arm inside the car, it must be deliberate, as the normal arm to hang out the window if you are a passenger is your right arm. IC post to come soon.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 10 2013, 06:00 PM) *
Ok, so since the passenger would have his right side adjacent to the window, if he is leaning out and keeping his right arm inside the car, it must be deliberate, as the normal arm to hang out the window if you are a passenger is your right arm. IC post to come soon.

If he were sitting in the seat yes. He is leaning out the window from his belly to head are outside the window so he is using his right arm to hold on to keep from falling out. It's not like the two vehicles are lined up in a parking space at the mall... If you made a line perpendicular from the rear edge on the BMWs front passenger door the line would touch right around the front driver door of the jackrabbit. There was a link to a photo a few posts back showing how the cars are lined up.

Post number 206 has the links.
Lobo0705
Ok - no problem. I wasn't disputing whether or not he could lean out the window with his right hand inside the vehicle so much as try to determine whether or not he was trying to conceal something in his right hand inside the car as he leaned out.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 10 2013, 04:18 PM) *
Whatever you want to do IC keep in mind a couple things:

* The doors are locked and do not open manually.

* The vehicle is in Auto-Navigation mode and does not accept commands from the driver.

* If you try to use the window controls, the rear windows do not open.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

the prelim IC is up with Artemis finding out most of the above,

the first thing I'm gonna do is open the window and 1/3 -> 1/2 of the way and greet our strange new friend
(then shoot him in the face!!!!!!) says the little red being on my left shoulder !
while smiling sweetly and benignly says the angelic being sitting on the other shoulder
let's have a chat

if possible to multitask,
time to at least check in AR what the hell is happening to my vehicle and attempt to regain control or at least lock out who-so-ever is fragging with my ride man !

My comm is loaded with stealth, analyze, edit encrypt, decrypt and stuff ... never played hacker before so, lemme know what the hell to do smile.gif
LordArcana
Artemis and Lobo can both make another set of visual perception tests.

You bring up the core system of your Jackrabbit and you can see that currently the Environmental controls have been turned off and locked out of manual operation (encrypted). The auto-navigation has been engaged and locked (encrypted). The doors have been locked with a security override (encrypted). All windows except the driver side front has been environmentally sealed and locked (encrypted). As the man finishes his nervous tirade you can see that wind command for your window is being given a command to lower 100%.

Artemis its your initiative (10)... IP-1

EDIT:

I will give you a few more little detail snipits based on your perception tests.
Lobo0705
Here is my base perception:

11d6.hits(5)=4

And if I get the 3 dice extra for actively looking, that adds another one for a total of 5 hits.

3d6.hits(5)=1

What I'm really curious about is what Egg sees astrally from these people. Since she has seemed to have gone AWOL, should I just have Lobo ask her questions IC and have you roll and speak for her?
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 11 2013, 12:59 PM) *
Here is my base perception:

11d6.hits(5)=4

And if I get the 3 dice extra for actively looking, that adds another one for a total of 5 hits.

3d6.hits(5)=1

What I'm really curious about is what Egg sees astrally from these people. Since she has seemed to have gone AWOL, should I just have Lobo ask her questions IC and have you roll and speak for her?

I am in between what i plan on doing with her. For the time being that sounds like a really good way to handle her character. If you guys ask either in OOC or IC i will respond with what she she knows. There is a good chance we may be getting a new player. Well a new player to this story but a fairly experienced player. I'll let him introduce himself when ready. When that happens i think i am just going to put Egg on inactive status pending Twitch's return. I don't want to kill the character off if there is a legit reason Twitch went AWOL.

As for the perception test... very nice roll. Yes the actively looking counts. From your position Lobo you notice that the rear passenger window opens just a little bit, barely enough that you can see that the person sitting in that seat has dark hair and is wearing mirrored shades. You really can't tell if they are doing anything but they are facing your directions and even with the shades on, looks like they are giving the vehicle a good once over.
Lobo0705
Ok - I guess my first question is what, if anything, Egg has seen with her Astral so far (i.e. in the time that Artemis and I have had time to make 2 or 3 perception tests) - and, more importantly, what she does with that info - i.e. share it with us, attack, etc.

That will certainly shape my actions.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 11 2013, 05:56 PM) *
Artemis and Lobo can both make another set of visual perception tests.

perception 4 Actively looking 3
4d6.hits(5)=3,
3d6.hits(5)=1

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 11 2013, 05:56 PM) *
Artemis its your initiative (10)... IP-1

balls biggrin.gif
pay kinda half assed attempt to listen to the guy in the other car, making it look like I'm completely perplexed and having car ignition trouble (Should not be too difficult to Con.. it's true!)

main action is to be hacking the shizzle out of my car, while nodding and saying uh huh .. uh huh a lot to the guy.

You want a Hack on the fly Decrypt >?
Decrypt on the fly (12d6.hits(5)=2)
Well, perhaps I'll have better luck just talking the fella to death eh ? biggrin.gif

Why the frag does Logic not apply to skill rolls? Hacking suxorz ! biggrin.gif

LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 11 2013, 02:28 PM) *
perception 4 Actively looking 3
4d6.hits(5)=3,
3d6.hits(5)=1

balls biggrin.gif
pay kinda half assed attempt to listen to the guy in the other car, making it look like I'm completely perplexed and having car ignition trouble (Should not be too difficult to Con.. it's true!)

main action is to be hacking the shizzle out of my car, while nodding and saying uh huh .. uh huh a lot to the guy.

You want a Hack on the fly Decrypt >?
Decrypt on the fly (12d6.hits(5)=2)
Well, perhaps I'll have better luck just talking the fella to death eh ? biggrin.gif

Why the frag does Logic not apply to skill rolls? Hacking suxorz ! biggrin.gif

Its funny how the different types of characters work so differently. Hackers could have a Logic of 1 and it really doesn't matter as long as they have good skill ratings and a great com with great programs they can be elite.

Anyway, yes before you can really do much with your car you are going to have to decrypt the main node... but the good thing is it will be an extended test so eventually you should be able to do it. You rolled the first one already so its a start.

As for your perception result you are really focusing hard on hacking your car back but you happen to look up in time to see the driver turn around and start talking to a person in the back seat. You vaguely here the words "Do it now."
LordArcana
Red-Devils (IP-1) 9

Thrown Weapon: Thrown Weapon (Future Test) (7d6.hits(5)=3)

Direction: Direction (1d6=4) = back towards the thrower.

Distance: Distance (-4 for the two net hits) (1d6-4=2) You guys are lucky as sin!!!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 11 2013, 07:58 PM) *
Red-Devils (IP-1) 9

Thrown Weapon: Thrown Weapon (Future Test) (7d6.hits(5)=3)

Direction: Direction (1d6=4) = back towards the thrower.

Distance: Distance (-4 for the two net hits) (1d6-4=2) You guys are lucky as sin!!!

haaaang on a sec,

on my perception earlier .. and this hopefully isn't META but a thought occured

the guy is in a suit, does he even LOOK like he's supposed to be in a nice BMW ? Like Artemis does !! ... or have we just done a life swap, where I'm in the punto and he should be !!! biggrin.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 11 2013, 03:01 PM) *
haaaang on a sec,

on my perception earlier .. and this hopefully isn't META but a thought occured

the guy is in a suit, does he even LOOK like he's supposed to be in a nice BMW ? Like Artemis does !! ... or have we just done a life swap, where I'm in the punto and he should be !!! biggrin.gif

LOL

Egg just watches in astonishment at the reflexive skill Artemis has blocking a grenade out of thin air. He must be a ninja!

Lobo you are up. IP-1 (5)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 11 2013, 08:02 PM) *
..... /snip...
In a reflexive movement Artemis brings his hands up to cover his face just in time to block the grenade from entering the car.

As it falls it bangs off the lip of the windowsill and bounces into the front passenger seat of the BMW!

a) You're welcome !

b) Don't hold back LordArcana !! .. ease us gently into the shadows

c) That element of surprise !! .. we has it !! .....

whelp, there goes our totally awesome super stealthy spy like M-O !
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 11 2013, 03:06 PM) *
a) You're welcome !

b) Don't hold back LordArcana !! .. ease us gently into the shadows

c) That element of surprise !! .. we has it !! .....

whelp, there goes our totally awesome super stealthy spy like M-O !

See... i had this really awesome plan to steal all your stuff and it was foiled by a stupid single 1d6 die roll! he day i don't want to roll a 5 or 6... i roll a damn 6! smile.gif
Mach_Ten
I forgot my free action !!!

"Be a darling and close the window please Stephanie .. thank you !"

Free, free action ... GRIN INSANELY !!
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 11 2013, 03:08 PM) *
I forgot my free action !!!

"Be a darling and close the window please Stephanie .. thank you !"

Free, free action ... GRIN INSANELY !!

Actually you give that command to the vehicle and that is when you realize the last command given by the hacker was control of the windows and to lower yours all the way down. After you issue the command the vehicle doesn't obey. "I'm sorry oh gracious master but I cannot comply with that command. Perhaps if you enter the proper authorization I may be able to assist you."
LordArcana
Oh this is just getting interesting. The next IP could be really really ugly smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 11 2013, 08:13 PM) *
Oh this is just getting interesting. The next IP could be really really ugly smile.gif

extended test you say ? ....

uh huh ... hack hack hackity hack hack !!! ...

"I want my car back !"

/ooc ooc .. I gotta go paint some house for when the evaluaterors come round tomorrow and tell me it ain't worth shit .. so posting rolls now !

hacking like a demon (12d6.hits(5)=2)
FRAG!
Edge
hacking like a demon (10d6.hits(5)=4)
8 total.
feel free to kill me now for these awful rolls ! newbie.gif
Lobo0705
Ok smile.gif

Quick Draw Roll successful.

10d6.hits(5)=3

Let me know what modifiers I have to shoot either the passenger in the front seat and/or the passenger in the back seat, and I'll make those rolls and then post IC.

LordArcana
Unless you are going to shoot thru the glass you are going to have a very hard time hitting the guy in the back seat. You could stick your weapon out Artemis's window and shoot the guy in the front seat with only a little difficulty (-1DP) or the driver (-2DP)
Lobo0705
Ok, so I will stick the gun out past Artemis's head and put two rounds into the guy in the front passenger seat.

First one:

Normally 14 dice, -1 for cover
13d6.hits(5)=3

So, with the Ex-Explosive Ammo that makes it 10DV -3 AP

and the second shot, Normally 14 dice, -1 for cover and (the gun's RC negates the recoil penalty).

13d6.hits(5)=4

So... 4 successes, but 7 ones, which is a glitch. Ugh. Ok, so I'll spend my Edge to negate the glitch - can't have poor Artemis getting his head blown off.

So the second shot is 11 DV -3 AP.

Let me know how the resistance tests go smile.gif

As a free action, "Artemis, you may want to duck."

P.S. - any negatives to dodging for either us or them given the confines of the vehicle?

P.P.S - not that it matter because I got the requisite number of hits, but do I get to add my Semi-Automatics Specialization dice to my Quick Draw test?
LordArcana
Damn grenades are not my thing today. Nearly fragged myself in your game too Mach_Ten smile.gif
LordArcana
@Lobo:

For future reference i don't see why not for the quickdraw. Provided it is with the specialized weapon and it is a quickdraw holster.

Yes there is a penalty to dodge. In case they get to shoot back the dodge penalty for confined space is 1/2 DP rounded up.

Grey Suit Reaction: Reaction to avoid Lobo's big bullets (2d6.hits(5)=1, 2d6.hits(5)=2)

So both still hit so that is:

* 9DV (-3AP) to resist the first: Body(4) + Armor(6) (10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=3)

* 9DV (-3AP) to resist the second:

Body(4) + Armor(6) (10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=3)
*I forgot to take off the (-3AP) so after the fact it reduces both resists to 2 hits.

Result: The grey suit takes two wounds for 7P each clearly knocking him unconscious and possibly dead.
LordArcana
Is a good thing you have a silencer on that thing or poor Artemis would be buying himself new cyber ears nyahnyah.gif

The BMW people on the other hand. 2 Ex ex rounds going off in the car... yeah i think that would be loud smile.gif
Lobo0705
This has actually come up before in previous games (paper and pen, not pbp). I'm perfectly ok with whatever interpretation you have for explosive and ex-explosive rounds.

For me, I don't see them as mini-grenades or anything, rather just a tiny explosive charge - one with enough force to shatter the bullet inside the body, much smaller than a firecracker.

I don't see them as something where they make a big BOOM when they go off - but again, that's me, and if you say otherwise, that's no problem (although I will have to get different ammo for trying to be quiet then - otherwise the silencer is pretty useless smile.gif)
Mach_Ten
Apds !

Back to painting.. Totally not looking hiw dead we are, Bye
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 11 2013, 04:15 PM) *
This has actually come up before in previous games (paper and pen, not pbp). I'm perfectly ok with whatever interpretation you have for explosive and ex-explosive rounds.

For me, I don't see them as mini-grenades or anything, rather just a tiny explosive charge - one with enough force to shatter the bullet inside the body, much smaller than a firecracker.

I don't see them as something where they make a big BOOM when they go off - but again, that's me, and if you say otherwise, that's no problem (although I will have to get different ammo for trying to be quiet then - otherwise the silencer is pretty useless smile.gif)

I have never been at the receiving end of an explosive round but i have seen and heard them fired. The impact is substantially louder than a standard round. I would rule that being in a confined space like a car when two go off would be sufficient to have a little hearing difficulty, perhaps even a disorientation penalty.

ROFL, i loved that IC. I can only imagine Artemis bouncing around like that... hair flailing away smile.gif
LordArcana
Initiative Order

IP -1
Jason – 15 (VR)
Artemis - 10
Red-Devils – 9
Egg - 7
Lobo - 5

IP-2
Jason – 15 (VR)
Artemis - 10
Lobo - 5

IP-3
Jason – 15 (VR)

IP-4

IP-2: Artemis you are up. As soon as you finish your action the grenade goes off then its lobos turn.
LordArcana
Future Resist Roll for Red-Devils: Resist tests for Red-Devils (4d6.hits(5)=0, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 11 2013, 09:52 PM) *
IP-2: Artemis you are up. As soon as you finish your action the grenade goes off then its lobos turn.

Hacking .... Painting, ..... Hacking

Edit, read ic..

Can. Get manual control without systems?
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 11 2013, 05:12 PM) *
Hacking .... Painting, ..... Hacking

Edit, read ic..

Can. Get manual control without systems?

Not for at least the next 13 seconds.
LordArcana
Frankie attacking the Jackrabbit Full Auto with the MP5: HK MP5 (Full Auto) 3DP (3d6.hits(5)=0)

EDIT: IC post updated (Edited)

Lobo you are up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012