Full Version: [OOC] - Shadows of the CAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Lobo0705
Can I hit "Frankie" from where I am?

And if so, what penalty do I take?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 10 2013, 06:16 PM) *
"I am a virtual presence, a directory of services if you will. I can guide you through a list of ABER Technologies products to help you better meet your needs. If you have specific needs, please briefly state the nature and I will direct you to someone best able to assist you."

"Yes, give me the list of products. And then I need shipping manifests for the past month."

Figure maybe I should break up my requests, maybe a little "fishy" if someone asks for personnel files, shipping details, and oh yeah, new tech being worked on smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 11 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Can I hit "Frankie" from where I am?

And if so, what penalty do I take?

It would have been hard to hit him before with artemis's window open full but now it is closed half way making it very difficult to get your hand and arm at the good angle. I would say you could try but with a -8 penalty
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 11 2013, 10:43 PM) *
Not for at least the next 13 seconds.

FRAAAAAG!

right, keeping my head down .. if I even have a choice with half a tonne of 'Hulk Smash' leaning on my head !!

and tapping out a message to @Autowired which I will type here and repeat in IC as soon as I get chance

<< @AutoWired [Artemis] : Dude, Drek, Fan, Hit ! .... outside ABER HQ, KILL CAMS ! DIVERT SECURITY ! .. NOW! >>

***EDIT***
okay post up, that's pretty much my last IP used up, simple to send message, sacrifice simple for full defense/ taking cover
Lobo0705
Ok, so given the high dice pool modifier, I'm going to take 2 simple actions to Take Aim.

Btw, totally left out the +2 dice for the smartlink on my first two shots. frown.gif Oh well - I'll remember it next time smile.gif

Here is my initiative for next turn.

9d6.hits(5)=3

So for next turn my initiative is 12. (SOOO much better than last time wink.gif)
Mach_Ten
LOL .. love the IC Lobo ! biggrin.gif

you wait ! ... you .. just ... wait ! nyahnyah.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 12 2013, 05:12 PM) *
and tapping out a message to @Autowired which I will type here and repeat in IC as soon as I get chance

<< @AutoWired [Artemis] : Dude, Drek, Fan, Hit ! .... outside ABER HQ, KILL CAMS ! DIVERT SECURITY ! .. NOW! >>

Sorry man, I think Autowired's going to be deep in a brain hack when the message arrives...

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 12 2013, 05:13 PM) *
“HmmmmMMmf mMMmmfer Mmmfo Mmmfe mmffmfff MffMmfff !!”

“I said …” he continues, gasping for air “That I prefer to be formally introduced to a young woman befo….MMMMMMmmmmff!”
another pair of shots ring out as he is thrust down once more.

rotfl.gif
notworthy.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 12 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Sorry man, I think Autowired's going to be deep in a brain hack when the message arrives...

damn, was hoping you had "Call Waiting" for tech-mages™ smile.gif

oh well, guess it's up to Artemis to rescue this situation ... /rolls up sleeves

prepare yourselves, for Awesome !
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 12 2013, 11:18 AM) *
you wait ! ... you .. just ... wait ! nyahnyah.gif

oh well, guess it's up to Artemis to rescue this situation ... /rolls up sleeves

prepare yourselves, for Awesome !

Can't wait to see what you do smile.gif

Mind you, if the car won't reboot for 12 seconds, that is an eternity in combat.

I'm hoping that between the Neurostun in his car, plus my much better initiative, I can finish off Frankie before he even gets to go. Then we just have to get out of here....
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 12 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Mind you, if the car won't reboot for 12 seconds, that is an eternity in combat.

and it's going to be 12 seconds of awesome
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 12 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Can't wait to see what you do smile.gif

actually, I have no idea other than waiting for the neurostun the dissipate and taking that vehicle with ours, somewhere safe ...

LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 12 2013, 11:16 AM) *

rotfl.gif
notworthy.gif

You still get notifications when submerged in VR.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 13 2013, 02:33 AM) *
You still get notifications when submerged in VR.

Cool. But I was also thinking, we'd already done the rolling for the multi-hour probe of the target. Can I "interrupt and then resume" or something like that?
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 12 2013, 07:54 PM) *
Cool. But I was also thinking, we'd already done the rolling for the multi-hour probe of the target. Can I "interrupt and then resume" or something like that?

I don't think a couple seconds of chatting would make a huge difference. Plus you are hacking that system now so unless you wanted to switch to brute force attack... Which would most likely set off the alarm you can. Only risk is will bad things happen with that info in the next 3 hours smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 13 2013, 05:42 AM) *
I don't think a couple seconds of chatting would make a huge difference.

yeah, look at most hackers

1) insert disk
2) type /run program
3) sit back in comfy chair and watch screen
4) get yelled at by Mom
5) Eat cheesy puffs and drink mountain dew
6) chat on IRC while program pwns NSA !
7) .......
Profit
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 13 2013, 04:14 AM) *
yeah, look at most hackers

1) insert disk
2) type /run program
3) sit back in comfy chair and watch screen
4) get yelled at by Mom
5) Eat cheesy puffs and drink mountain dew
6) chat on IRC while program pwns NSA !
7) .......
Profit

Pretty close. Some old school hackers still drink JOLT. They just have to pour half a cup of sugar in the can and buy illegal caffeine supplements to make up for the cheap ass changes they made to the drink. smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 13 2013, 01:42 PM) *
I don't think a couple seconds of chatting would make a huge difference. Plus you are hacking that system now so unless you wanted to switch to brute force attack... Which would most likely set off the alarm you can. Only risk is will bad things happen with that info in the next 3 hours smile.gif

Sounds good - I'll post a bit along these lines
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 13 2013, 09:39 AM) *
Sounds good - I'll post a bit along these lines

So just to be clear you are going to stick with the probing hack right?
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 11 2013, 07:34 PM) *
"Yes, give me the list of products. And then I need shipping manifests for the past month."

Figure maybe I should break up my requests, maybe a little "fishy" if someone asks for personnel files, shipping details, and oh yeah, new tech being worked on smile.gif

The Agent program waves her hand in the air like a half hearted wave good bye causing the wall to your left to change into a full wall sized trid screen. A glorified infomercial begins playing showing off the contents of the current ABER Technologies parts catalog.

"Would you like information on shipping costs? Information of shipping manifests is corporate classified. I would be happy to connect you with Geoff Allen who may be able to assist with your query."
LordArcana
Ok sorry for the slow down. Lobo takes a double aim getting a +2 on the next attack. Artemis is busy hacking away. Egg is sitting patiently in the passenger seat enjoying the loving Artemis is giving her. The Kid is in the matrix saving everyone's ass.

New Initiative for everyone.

Frankie: Initiative (7d6.hits(5)=2)

Total = 9
Lobo0705
Just in case you didn't see it, my post above shows Lobo's initiative at 12. (2 IP)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 13 2013, 06:28 PM) *
New Initiative for everyone.

init (7d6.hits(5)=1)
total 8 (2 IP)
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 14 2013, 02:13 AM) *
So just to be clear you are going to stick with the probing hack right?

Yes, unless Artemis replies that it's life-or-death...

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 14 2013, 02:21 AM) *
The Agent program waves her hand in the air like a half hearted wave good bye causing the wall to your left to change into a full wall sized trid screen. A glorified infomercial begins playing showing off the contents of the current ABER Technologies parts catalog.

"Would you like information on shipping costs? Information of shipping manifests is corporate classified. I would be happy to connect you with Geoff Allen who may be able to assist with your query."

Useless piece of drek! Matt's gonna hafta do this on his own...
Lobo0705
Ok - assuming I go first - let me know if that is wrong, I will fire a narrow burst at Frankie, getting 2 hits.

9d6.hits(5)=2

For those that are counting, that is 14 dice (skill+stat+specialization) +2 for smartlink, +2 for aiming twice, -8 for cover, -1 for recoil (normally -2, but the gun itself has an RC of 1)

So damage would be 5 base, +2 for narrow burst, +2 for ammo, +2 for hits or 11DV with an AP of -3 (including ammo bonus)

phlapjack77
Matt'll answer "No" to the agent's inquiry, then will go through the door with the computer & monitor on it.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 14 2013, 12:36 AM) *
Yes, unless Artemis replies that it's life-or-death...

tempting .. but no, we can handle this, you just need to clear our tracks AFTER we get away,

just think, it's an extra 2 grand if we manage to keep it low profile !
Mach_Ten
got an idea!

let's turn the tables ... seeing as we are NOT getting into a car full of Neurostun

I need to locate their cars node and hack it, enable autopilot to follow our car and keep the windows closed
(After we push him back inside his own car)

I've got 14 seconds of free time I guess smile.gif and hoping that the hacker in the back seat is suitably unconscious !
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 14 2013, 08:16 PM) *
got an idea!

let's turn the tables ... seeing as we are NOT getting into a car full of Neurostun

I need to locate their cars node and hack it, enable autopilot to follow our car and keep the windows closed
(After we push him back inside his own car)

I've got 14 seconds of free time I guess smile.gif and hoping that the hacker in the back seat is suitably unconscious !

It starts...<singing>the circle of liiiiiife</singing>

Forget the run, how much can we fence this BMW for? biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 14 2013, 01:24 PM) *
It starts...<singing>the circle of liiiiiife</singing>

Forget the run, how much can we fence this BMW for? biggrin.gif

and three meta human ....ummm... assorted collection of spare biological parts ...

it's not illegal if it's just spare parts, right ?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 14 2013, 09:47 PM) *
and three meta human ....ummm... assorted collection of spare biological parts ...

it's not illegal if it's just spare parts, right ?

Nah! If you think about it a certain way, you're doing a public service by cleaning the streets up. They should be paying you!
LordArcana
Initiative Order

IP -1
Lobo – 12
Frankie - 9
Artemis - 8

IP-2
Lobo - 12
Artemis - 8

Reaction of Frankie vs. Lobo's attack: Reaction vs. Lobo (2d6.hits(5)=1)

Resisting 10P (-3AP): Resisting 10P (-3AP) (7d6.hits(5)=2) = Takes 8P

The shot plugs him just above the heart sending a nice spray of blood against Lobo's window. In his last few moments of life he makes a desperate attempt to mow down Lobo in the Jackrabbit.

HK MP5 Short Burst (simple): Short Burst #1 (4d6.hits(5)=2)

HK MP5 Short Burst (simple): Short Burst #2 (2d6.hits(5)=1) <-- Glitch

The poor Jackrabbit has to resist two short bursts: 9P first and 8P second with Body(8) + Armor(2) {Artemis I'll let you roll the resist for your car}

@ Lobo: Whatever manages to make it through the vehicles resist Lobo can make a reaction against and then resist (which shouldn't be much). Immediately after he fires the weapon he slumps over partially hanging outside the BMW window. The vapors of Neuro-stun wisping out the open window.

@Artemis: With everyone in the BMW either dead or unconscious and you still having 10s on your vehicles reboot you should be able to hack the other car without much problem. Go ahead and make 5 Hacking + Exploit tests. Provided you don't critical glitch you should be able to get in and set the auto pilot on that car moments after your car is ready to go. Where do you want to send it?

12s...
11s...
10s...

@Autowired: The short infomercial lists every product of ABER. The last one shows a marketing pitch for their new chip which explains the new optical pathway design allows for more efficient transfer of processing power allowing more programs to share system resources without suffering the typical slowdowns of "the competitors brand".

Finishing the trid show you continue deeper into ABER's network. Passing through the door you enter a room lined with a dozen small cubicles. The lights turn on as you enter and the large display screens at each terminal flicker to life in bright green light.

@Everyone: I will post up IC tomorrow after the results of all the dice rolling to finish the major part of this scene. Sorry i've been slowing things down this week. Its just been crazy. I should be back to normal tomorrow for the next couple weeks.
Lobo0705
Ok - so, if I remember correctly, I dodge with half dice due to being in the car, so:

5d6.hits(5)=2

and then resist with armor + body, so (I didn't specifically say I was wearing my FFBA, so we'll assume I wasn't).

17d6.hits(5)=8

Let me know if I have to roll again.

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 14 2013, 11:20 PM) *
@Artemis: With everyone in the BMW either dead or unconscious and you still having 10s on your vehicles reboot you should be able to hack the other car without much problem. Go ahead and make 5 Hacking + Exploit tests. Provided you don't critical glitch you should be able to get in and set the auto pilot on that car moments after your car is ready to go. Where do you want to send it?

12s...
11s...
10s...

Started slowly but it got better after the first few seconds of panic
Hacking + Exploit (12d6.hits(5) =2, 12d6.hits(5) =5, 12d6.hits(5) =5, 12d6.hits(5) =6, 12d6.hits(5) =1)

then it's time to give someone a call to deal with some bodies and a car valet...

Harry McNally,
has been running with Artemis on and off for a while but decided to settle down, so the family business is the usual mid grade of shifting things, acquiring items and disposing of other items that people consider value-less ... or is it .. priceless ?
UNDERWORLD Contact 6/3

or
James Harding
If it weren't for the fact that Artemis keeps coming up with the goods, when the heat is on, Jimmy would have scorched the contact years ago.
But it's always useful to have a fall guy around , only .. he hasn't been able to bring himself to drop Arty, not yet, maybe after this .. one next job, or the next

FIXER Contact 5/4

not sure if I roll or if you want to ... I'll IC a panicked chat about needing somewhere to hide a vehicle while it's .... sanitised
LordArcana
Damage Resist for the jackrabbit:

First Burst: Damage Resist for Jackrabbit. (10d6.hits(5)=2) Reduced to 7P

Second Burst: Damage Resist for jackrabbit. (10d6.hits(5)=3) Reduced to 5P

Result: The two blasts riddle the poor little Jackrabbit with bullet holes doing a combined 12P damage to the vehicle. The AR display continues counting down

9s...
8s...

then the display goes black. Small puffs of steam can be seen rising from the engine compartment of the vehicle. The Jackrabbit appears to be dead.

**Give me a moment and I will get the IC up to current.

The good news is that with those rolls Artemis is able to hack the BMW's system way before it notices his hack. Since the hacker/rigger is currently unconscious there is no living resistance... Artemis has free reign at throwing commands at the vehicle.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 15 2013, 03:55 PM) *
Damage Resist for the jackrabbit:

Result: The two blasts riddle the poor little Jackrabbit with bullet holes doing a combined 12P damage to the vehicle. The AR display continues counting down

STEFAAAAANIIEEEEEEEEEEE !! frown.gif
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 15 2013, 03:55 PM) *
The good news is that with those rolls Artemis is able to hack the BMW's system way before it notices his hack. Since the hacker/rigger is currently unconscious there is no living resistance... Artemis has free reign at throwing commands at the vehicle.

@BMW [Artemis #ADMIN] : Activate Martini mixer !
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 15 2013, 11:00 AM) *
STEFAAAAANIIEEEEEEEEEEE !! frown.gif

@BMW [Artemis #ADMIN] : Activate Martini mixer !

Its OK Artemis... think of it as an upgrade. This way the neighbors won't look at you funny anymore smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 15 2013, 04:22 PM) *
Its OK Artemis... think of it as an upgrade. This way the neighbors won't look at you funny anymore smile.gif

apart from the two dead guys hanging out the windows smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 15 2013, 11:34 AM) *
apart from the two dead guys hanging out the windows smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Well obviously you take them back to the BBQ pit first... more fresh meat nyahnyah.gif
LordArcana
@Artemis: Its up to you if you want to use a contact, which might be a very good idea right about now. Feel free to initiate a conversation and i'll do my best to RP them based on their connection and loyalty.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 15 2013, 07:36 PM) *
@Artemis: Its up to you if you want to use a contact, which might be a very good idea right about now. Feel free to initiate a conversation and i'll do my best to RP them based on their connection and loyalty.

Got a migraine, gonna die in a corner,

Lobo help me out here and try and contain this situation while i make a call.

Cant think what to do right now, sorry
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 15 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Got a migraine, gonna die in a corner,

Lobo help me out here and try and contain this situation while i make a call.

Cant think what to do right now, sorry

I know that feeling boss. Hope you feel better soon.

Come on Lobo... lets make a mess smile.gif
LordArcana
Its been twelve days since Twitch_ last logged in and there has been no word if there was a reason for the disappearance. I contacted the Gm of the other game she was in and he has heard nothing either so i am going to retire her from this story. Seeing as how violent things got she is not really accustomed to gunfire and things exploding she tells Artemis and Lobo that she just wants to go home. She is just not cut out for this sort of job.
Mach_Ten
How are we doing for witnesses ?

LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 15 2013, 06:45 PM) *
How are we doing for witnesses ?

I was waiting for someone to ask smile.gif

From your position the main gates of ABER are blocked from your direct line of sight by the BMW, but you can see that there is a figure walking across the parking lot towards the closer of the small gate houses.
LordArcana
Ok Umi, your introductory IC is posted.

I updated my copy of the chummer file with the changes we discussed and the starting nuyen in the introduction. Feel free to roll for your starting money as well.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 16 2013, 08:24 AM) *
Ok Umi, your introductory IC is posted.

I updated my copy of the chummer file with the changes we discussed and the starting nuyen in the introduction. Feel free to roll for your starting money as well.

Welcome!
LordArcana
Roaming IC Program:

Analyze Persona: Analyze Icon (Persona) (6d6.hits(5)=0) <-- Glitch Are you F'ing kidding me?! The dice love you guys in this story nyahnyah.gif

Matt has administrator clearance for this node so he has access to the sub-directories here (as far as he knows). Its just a matter of taking the time to find what you are looking for and knowing where to look for it. Obviously you are not gong to find out much about Software Programming by looking in the Personnel listings. Basically each subject you are looking for is going to have a threshold value to find it on an Extended Data Search + Browse test. Remember one of the house rules is that you can't roll more times than you have dice in your base Dice Pool. It is doubtful the thresholds would be so high as to make it "impossible" to find given time but there is always the potential for critical glitches or just hateful spiteful dice. To make it easy go ahead and list what sub-directories you are looking in and what subject you are looking for. For each one go ahead and roll your Data Search + Browse Extended Test. Remember each roll is 1 combat turn (3 seconds). So if you roll lets say ten times but make the threshold on the forth roll it takes twelve seconds (4 tries * 3 seconds each) to find that information. I know it sounds tedious but time could be potentially be of an issue.

Any questions feel free to ask... i should be around close to my computer most of the day today.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 16 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Roaming IC Program:

Analyze Persona: Analyze Icon (Persona) (6d6.hits(5)=0) <-- Glitch Are you F'ing kidding me?! The dice love you guys in this story nyahnyah.gif

They sure do! I think that's a crit glitch...so just go ahead and give me the keys to the whole site please biggrin.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 16 2013, 05:00 AM) *
They sure do! I think that's a crit glitch...so just go ahead and give me the keys to the whole site please biggrin.gif

Yeah that is what i meant Crit Glitch. sorry i had to change the batteries in my keyboard so i forgot to go back and fix that. I edited the original OOC post with that quote adding some more info for you. The Crit Glitch for the IC will mean that you get one free round of not being scanned. During non-office hours it makes a complete pass of the node every two minutes (40 rounds) stopping to Analyze Icons that are in the node to make sure they are legit. Basically you have the next four minutes (80 rounds) free before being scanned again.
LordArcana
@phlapjack:

I forgot to add in the IC, that the current room you are in with the terminals also has another closed door other than the one you just came in.

Essentially the doors are portals to another node. You went from the Matrix... to the public Node (thru the window by probing)... then into the Office Network Node (through the computer door). You didn't need to hack your way into this node because you already had Admin Access. That doesn't mean that particular access will get you everywhere but it seems to be working well so far. smile.gif
Lobo0705
Hey guys - just a reminder, I left town for a convention yesterday and will be unable to post with any frequency until tomorrow night.

Once the convention is over I will be back to my prolific self.

Welcome Umi - glad to see you aren't playing Slick in this game - although I liked the character, between him and Artemis (who is similar in style).Lobo definitely would have had a apolectic fit and shot one or both of you.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012