Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] - Shadows of the CAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
phlapjack77
Oi! YOU'RE supposed to be GM'ing Pathfinder with no time for IC posts, yet here you are...smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 20 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Oi.! your 4 hours are up ... FEEED my RP Craving ! Dammit ! nyahnyah.gif

Map is updated.

418 E Mallard Creek Church Rd, Charlotte, NC

Its an annex of Saeder Krupp. The area nearby to the south that is in orange is Saeder Krupp territory. The safe house is leased by the corp but doesn't fall on their jurisdiction.

EDIT: Sorry it was very busy at work today. No time for a lunch frown.gif
Lobo0705
I don't see an updated map - maybe I'm just missing it.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 20 2013, 12:59 PM) *
I don't see an updated map - maybe I'm just missing it.

OMG you didn't bookmark my map?!

Updated Map
Lobo0705
Bookmarked now smile.gif

I have a bone to pick though.

Why do I have an "apartment" while Artemis has a "lair"? What gives?

I know I don't have a lot of money, but if he gets a "lair", then can't I have a "Hovel of Doom" or a "Shack of Despair" or perhaps even a "Shanty of Solitude"?

It smacks of GM favoritism I tell you.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 20 2013, 02:39 PM) *
Bookmarked now smile.gif

I have a bone to pick though.

Why do I have an "apartment" while Artemis has a "lair"? What gives?

I know I don't have a lot of money, but if he gets a "lair", then can't I have a "Hovel of Doom" or a "Shack of Despair" or perhaps even a "Shanty of Solitude"?

It smacks of GM favoritism I tell you.

The secret is i gave him a lair thinking he is a beast... i don't like him very much nyahnyah.gif
Lobo0705
Oh. That's ok they smile.gif

What is this "Interesting Church" marked on the map?

Also, are you going to put up an IC post of us arriving at the safe house, or should Umi and I do it? I don't think Nick and Lobo are going to be conversing much in between ABER and the safe house.

We can do it, but I'm not sure what you want it to look like, or if it is up to my discretion - let me know.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 20 2013, 03:09 PM) *
Oh. That's ok they smile.gif

What is this "Interesting Church" marked on the map?

Also, are you going to put up an IC post of us arriving at the safe house, or should Umi and I do it? I don't think Nick and Lobo are going to be conversing much in between ABER and the safe house.

We can do it, but I'm not sure what you want it to look like, or if it is up to my discretion - let me know.

IC is up... generic but you are there.

The church is the scene for Autowired when he was going back to his place and almost dumped his bike trying to avoid a religious zealot standing in the road that tried to cast a spell on him. It could potentially come into play in the future <wink wink>
Lobo0705
Thanks - forgot about the church scene smile.gif

Maybe it is me, but I am not reading posts that don't affect me so as to avoid metagaming as much as possible.

I literally skipped over everything Autowired is doing in the Matrix, so that Lobo is going to have to rely on what Autowired tells him, and not what I know from reading the IC posts.

I'll have an IC post up by tonight at the latest (work is busy and then I've got the commute, dinner with the family, etc.)
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 20 2013, 04:14 PM) *
I'll have an IC post up by tonight at the latest (work is busy and then I've got the commute, dinner with the family, etc.)

Not a problem at all. I have been swamped lately too plus adjusting to my wife working from home now is making it hard to focus while she is babbling away on the phone... Its all good smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 21 2013, 09:20 AM) *
Please stop on the way and pick up about four large plastic dropcloths, some duct tape, and a pair of gloves large enough to fit me

Shit's about to get real
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 20 2013, 10:27 PM) *
Shit's about to get real

When I first started reading that I thought he was going to be a smartass and ask arty to bring home some milk on his way... The wetwork supplies worked out much better smile.gif

Plus I had this mental image of Artemis, Nick and Lobo in police custody. Each one pissing off Lone Star in their own way. Artemis talking WAY too much. Nick barely forming complete thoughts and Lobo just sitting there cool not saying a word smile.gif
Umidori
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 20 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Plus I had this mental image of Artemis, Nick and Lobo in police custody. Each one pissing off Lone Star in their own way. Artemis talking WAY too much. Nick barely forming complete thoughts and Lobo just sitting there cool not saying a word smile.gif

"I want Miranda."

"Who?"

"Dun' blow smoke, chief, I don't lisp. Miranda."

"What the drek are you talking about kid? Who's Miranda?"

"-My- Miranda."

"Miranda -who-?"

"Me."

"What."

"Miranda -me-."

"Hold on, stop. I don't even... you want "your" Miranda, fine, fine... I'm just trying to figure out... Miranda Mi? Like, M-I? I assume the name's Asian?"

"..."

"Do you know a number we can contact this Miranda of yours on?"

"Yeah, it's 1-800-CANT-SPELL."

"...I'm sorry, I... what?"

"Jeez, if I knew I was this overqualified I woulda become a cop years ago."

~Umi
LordArcana
QUOTE (Umidori @ Nov 21 2013, 01:21 AM) *
"I want Miranda."

"Who?"

"Dun' blow smoke, chief, I don't lisp. Miranda."

"What the drek are you talking about kid? Who's Miranda?"

"-My- Miranda."

"Miranda -who-?"

"Me."

"What."

"Miranda -me-."

"Hold on, stop. I don't even... you want "your" Miranda, fine, fine... I'm just trying to figure out... Miranda Mi? Like, M-I? I assume the name's Asian?"

"..."

"Do you know a number we contact this Miranda of yours on?"

"Yeah, it's 1-800-CANT-SPELL."

"...I'm sorry, I... what?"

"Jeez, if I knew I was this overqualified I woulda become a cop years ago."

~Umi

Yep... Just like that smile.gif
Lobo0705
@Artemis "Ask for Butch" love that! smile.gif

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 21 2013, 05:53 AM) *
Artemis talking WAY too much.

Hey ! everyone needs a hobby,

Besides .. Arty would end up like Face from A-Team, private cell with a "Personal Assistant"
and private gym.

and yes ... Shit did just got real ! ... this is what happens when you "Send Arty Shopping !"
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 21 2013, 08:39 AM) *
@Artemis "Ask for Butch" love that! smile.gif

That put a huge smile on my face. Nothing like burning bridges that have already been burnt once already smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 21 2013, 07:24 PM) *
That put a huge smile on my face. Nothing like burning bridges that have already been burnt once already smile.gif

I just wanna see that smug bitch waitress explain to Butch

that she's got 17 angry dwarves out in the busy restaurant
.... demanding Ork strippers
.. and CAKE !
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 21 2013, 03:15 PM) *
I just wanna see that smug bitch waitress explain to Butch

that she's got 17 angry dwarves out in the busy restaurant
.... demanding Ork strippers
.. and CAKE !

LOL... Well i guess we will scratch the R&R BBQ Pit off the list of meeting places for job # 2 nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 21 2013, 08:32 PM) *
LOL... Well i guess we will scratch the R&R BBQ Pit off the list of meeting places for job # 2 nyahnyah.gif

WOOT ! .. We're gonna get a second job !!!! ... the GM said it.. must be true ! biggrin.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 21 2013, 03:35 PM) *
WOOT ! .. We're gonna get a second job !!!! ... the GM said it.. must be true ! biggrin.gif

As long as you live through this one smile.gif
Umidori
Okay, on that note, as a team, we need to decide who to throw to the wolves if things go bad, letting the rest of us escape.

I nominate Artemis! biggrin.gif

~Umi
Lobo0705
I second that!

His hair also gives the bad guys something convenient to be able to grab him smile.gif

Mach_Ten
Do i even get a vote ? smile.gif
Umidori
You get two!

...neither of which count. biggrin.gif

Also, what's wrong with meatloaf, Joker? Did you have it for lunch or something? wink.gif

~Umi
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Umidori @ Nov 21 2013, 10:19 PM) *
Also, what's wrong with meatloaf, Joker? Did you have it for lunch or something? wink.gif

Newp, it's just my ... Wow, suburbia, it's soooo shadowrun! Sarcastic comment.

Next thing we know, Lobo will break out the apron and start baking, while you and matt do your homework and Arty starts on the home improvements.

Anyone reading this game, is seriously going to have their preconceptions thoroughly challenged nyahnyah.gif
Umidori
Also, I have to point out that every time I read the name "Lobo" this pops into my mind.

Just sayin'...

~Umi
Mach_Ten
Ooooh kaaaay.

Worrying thought for the day, ive either seen that episode of Batman, and it stuck in my subconscious
OR
Me and joker are on a wavelength....

Maybe i should get some medical help?

And yup! lobo rocks!
Umidori
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 21 2013, 05:55 PM) *
Me and joker are on a wavelength....

*slinks off to enact shenanigans*

~Umi
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Umidori @ Nov 22 2013, 12:28 AM) *
*slinks off to enact shenanigans*

it's my day off work, it's ...7.45 am and I sit down on my PC .. where DropBox tells me .. it has ONE updated file ... I wonder ... biggrin.gif

laughing my rocks off, the dog is looking at me like I've gone crazy
Mach_Ten
ic.gif is up,

Now here I get lost on what is required so I'll outline what I want and what I expect,

you tell me if it's reasonable or if Artemis would do it different (given he actually knows what he's doing)

1) turn off the wifi signal on the stolen comm (to prevent it broadcasting an alarm or location)
2) hack into it and disable any IC
3) download any data (contacts, files, photos, call/message history... etc.)
4) salvage it for a burner

Rinse & repeat for the others

if it's not possible, or overly dangerous and he thinks it will give away our location, then the alternative plan is :

start adding some extra protections to the vehicle, increase stealth, and it's analyze & firewall etc.
(unless Gene has already 'graded me?)

plan C would therefor be :

1) close eyes
2) attempt sleep
3) not sleep
4) log onto Poker Kings for a quick hand
5) WIN JACKPOT AND RETIRE ????
Lobo0705
Okay then, so my IC is up, and not sure how you want to run this interrogation, as I don't know the answers to Lobo's questions smile.gif

They are:

1) Who they are
2) What exactly were they doing
3) Why did they pick that spot
4) Why did they pick us

If anyone has any other questions they can think of that would be pertinent, let me know smile.gif

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 22 2013, 01:58 PM) *
If anyone has any other questions they can think of that would be pertinent, let me know smile.gif

can you sing the theme tune to 'Little House on the Prairie' ?

can you make a three egg omelet ?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood ?

I'll be in the car ! biggrin.gif
Lobo0705
Now I know what to buy you for Christmas - a dictionary so you can look up what the word "pertinent" means!

wink.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 22 2013, 03:47 AM) *
ic.gif is up,

Now here I get lost on what is required so I'll outline what I want and what I expect,

you tell me if it's reasonable or if Artemis would do it different (given he actually knows what he's doing)

1) turn off the wifi signal on the stolen comm (to prevent it broadcasting an alarm or location)
2) hack into it and disable any IC
3) download any data (contacts, files, photos, call/message history... etc.)
4) salvage it for a burner

The first scenario is pretty close. basically you can turn the signal down to Rating 0 so it wouldn't connect outside the car. Since you are holding it the signal would still be strong enough for you to connect. Everything on all the comms is encrypted so before you can hack them you have to decrypt them. Provided there are no serious problems like critical glitches or bad evil dice giving no hits its something that should be able to do given time. So how about we simplify the process a bit and make a couple rolls. I figure going by the books it would take a couple minutes to decrypt and hack each one without anyone actively working the controls. You would still have to worry about IC which could create continuous ongoing penalties from damage.

For each commlink:

Give me an idea of what programs you are going into the hack with such as stealth, attack, IC, agents.... etc

(2) Electronic Warfare + Decrypt tests
(2) Hacking + Exploit tests.
(3) CyberCombat + Attack (or whatever program you are using)
(3) Response + Firewall (defense)
(3) System + Armor (Damage resist)

for one of the commlinks (3) Willpower + Biofeedback tests instead of the System + Armor

I know its a lot of rolls but provided you don't uber glitch anything or roll insanely awful we can just narrate the story you hack and clear the comms salvaging whatever data was on there if there is anything worth while. I will randomly assign a commlink to each set of rolls except for the one i know is running Black IC.
Lobo0705
See - a pertinent question might be "What is the password to access your com links?"

But OH NO - not for Artemis!

On the bright side, IRL I am having a 3 egg omelette, because I can
make one. smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 22 2013, 03:45 PM) *
See - a pertinent question might be "What is the password to access your com links?"

But OH NO - not for Artemis!

bah! .. what is life, but a series of challenges, if it was easy.. where'd the fun be? Eh ! smile.gif
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 22 2013, 03:45 PM) *
On the bright side, IRL I am having a 3 egg omelette, because I can
make one. smile.gif

smart arse ! rotfl.gif

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 22 2013, 03:31 PM) *
For each commlink:

Give me an idea of what programs you are going into the hack with such as stealth, attack, IC, agents.... etc

for one of the commlinks (3) Willpower + Biofeedback tests instead of the System + Armor

I know its a lot of rolls but provided you don't uber glitch anything or roll insanely awful we can just narrate the story you hack and clear the comms salvaging whatever data was on there if there is anything worth while. I will randomly assign a commlink to each set of rolls except for the one i know is running Black IC.

There would be a lot more stealth, than attack.. Not his style

let's start with one and then I'll triplicate

10d6.hits(5)=4,
10d6.hits(5)=2

Then, frag me !! What the?
12d6.hits(5)=3,
12d6.hits(5)=11

Artemis just does AR or at most, cold sim hacks, so doesn't carry ATTACK .. that's what we have the other feller for.
if it begins to go wrong, he just drops out and calls it a day.

12d6.hits(5)=2,
12d6.hits(5)=6,
12d6.hits(5)=5

I will roll the following because you ask, but I'd hope to be long gone before it gets this stage
6d6.hits(5)=0,
6d6.hits(5)=3,
6d6.hits(5)=3

let's see how that goes before we do the others, if I even need to do the others, depending on the data received etc.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 22 2013, 12:12 PM) *
There would be a lot more stealth, than attack.. Not his style

let's start with one and then I'll triplicate

10d6.hits(5)=4,
10d6.hits(5)=2

Then, frag me !! What the?
12d6.hits(5)=3,
12d6.hits(5)=11

Artemis just does AR or at most, cold sim hacks, so doesn't carry ATTACK .. that's what we have the other feller for.
if it begins to go wrong, he just drops out and calls it a day.

12d6.hits(5)=2,
12d6.hits(5)=6,
12d6.hits(5)=5

I will roll the following because you ask, but I'd hope to be long gone before it gets this stage
6d6.hits(5)=0,
6d6.hits(5)=3,
6d6.hits(5)=3

let's see how that goes before we do the others, if I even need to do the others, depending on the data received etc.

Stealth in a hacking sense doesn't work as an opposed roll rather it's a threshold for perception or sniffer tests so there would be no active rolls for those. Thats why i wanted to know what programs you are going to run when you do your work because if you go in with an agent loaded with mass programs and you loaded with mass programs there will be response limitations which lower the effect of some of the dice pools. As long as you intend to be stealthy I would assume you would have stealth running.

So judging by the rolls it would take about an average amount of time to break the Encryption(6) of the commlink and with exceptional hacking skills like that (11 hits) you make it into the first commlink without triggering an alert. Being you are going in stealthy and no alert was triggered there is no combat required. You manage to throw commands around and search the data storage of the device to find that it was registered to "Talongurl". Judging by the programs "she" has installed it would appear she is a hacker but the lack of proper defense settings and a complete lack of evidence of hacking for the last month make it seem the owner of this commlink was a hacker by name only.
Mach_Ten
I'm at physio for 2 hours so no time to add ic,

Lobo, ill send a message with her personal details over, maybe make it easier to snap her?

Feel free to ic receiving a message, i'm sure you can replicate Artemis style etc.

I look forward to something witty, later smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 22 2013, 08:58 AM) *
Okay then, so my IC is up, and not sure how you want to run this interrogation, as I don't know the answers to Lobo's questions smile.gif

They are:

1) Who they are
2) What exactly were they doing
3) Why did they pick that spot
4) Why did they pick us

Didn't forget... just got caught up with stuff.

Well it depends on just how far you plan on going. The boy acts all tough and uncooperative for the time being. He watches you set up the room and fights as much as possible at the removal of his clothes but he doesn't seem like he is going to give in. When Lobo sparks the tazer his eyes show a little bit of fear but he stiffens up and raises his chin as if to give you a big F U.
Lobo0705
Lobo doesn't have a problem using the stun batons on him, since it does two things:

1) It will theoretically make him more likely to talk
2) It will hopefully help make the girl in the other room more ready to talk.

I don't want to kill him, but I can cause him substantial amounts of pain.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 22 2013, 03:16 PM) *
Lobo doesn't have a problem using the stun batons on him, since it does two things:

1) It will theoretically make him more likely to talk
2) It will hopefully help make the girl in the other room more ready to talk.

I don't want to kill him, but I can cause him substantial amounts of pain.

So in that case after hitting him a couple times with the stun batons he finally gives up that his real name is Jason Reid and he is a member of the Red-Devils. They were there attempting to hack Sysco Foods when they noticed your car go by and turn around in the parking lot at the end of the street. Since the hack on Sysco wasn't going so well they ditched it and went after Artemis's car thinking they could make a few nuyen by carjacking you guys.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 22 2013, 08:29 PM) *
So in that case after hitting him a couple times with the stun batons he finally gives up that his real name is Jason Reid and he is a member of the Red-Devils. They were there attempting to hack Sysco Foods when they noticed your car go by and turn around in the parking lot at the end of the street. Since the hack on Sysco wasn't going so well they ditched it and went after Artemis's car thinking they could make a few nuyen by carjacking you guys.

my advice, always stick to frozen foods .. and not a car that vaguely resembles a tandem ensemble for an ork and a troll..with a side order of 10 stone weakling

Umidori
Lobo, don't let Nick see you arcing those two batons together, he'll get pissed and whine about how bad that is for the electrical components. biggrin.gif

~Umi
LordArcana
I am having a minor kitchen plumbing disaster so I am going to be inconsistently on and off until its fixed. Looks like i am going to be removing part of the wall behind the sink to get to the pipe i need. I'll catch up when i get this thing fixed... hopefully early tomorrow. This is a bullshit way to start a week of vacation frown.gif
Umidori
No worries, and lots of sympathy. Plumbing is one of those horrible things that works right most of the time, but when it doesn't work right it's a disaster area. Got my fingers crossed for ya!

~Umi
LordArcana
Started in the kitchen and despite it was a shitty area to work, ultimately it was just one 10 inch pipe... BUT once that was fixed is when we noticed there was a leak in the main line in the wall so this morning we pulled the bathroom vanity out and cut a hole in the wall to get to the main line. The broken pipe came out without much trouble and went back in easy enough. All together it cost about as much as lunch for one at a decent restaurant... but the angles you have to twist and contort to, to work on plumbing... ugh.
Umidori
I wonder why we run plumbing through walls, instead of through floors? Probably an architect or professional homebuilder could tell me. I can only assume there's a good reason.

Anyway, I believe we have our information on the interrogation, so I'll try to post something from Nick's point of view later today.

~Umi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012