Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] - Shadows of the CAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 2 2013, 12:28 PM) *
.. Once the meeting with Burn-out is over the story will return mainly to the players hands and move at your pace.

or .. much quicker ! depending if this guy or Lobo shoots Artemis in the face or not ! biggrin.gif

Please, not in the face, I'm too pretty to die !
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 2 2013, 08:49 AM) *
or .. much quicker ! depending if this guy or Lobo shoots Artemis in the face or not ! biggrin.gif

Please, not in the face, I'm too pretty to die !

I promise you Semion wasn't going to shoot you in the face... maybe a kneecap or a pinky finger nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 2 2013, 12:54 PM) *
I promise you Semion wasn't going to shoot you in the face... maybe a kneecap or a pinky finger nyahnyah.gif

I meant Burnout smile.gif but thanks for reminding me about the Russki Goon ! /shudder frown.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 2 2013, 08:56 AM) *
I meant Burnout smile.gif but thanks for reminding me about the Russki Goon ! /shudder frown.gif

Burn-out, like his name sake reminds you, looks fully the part of a decker from a lost era. He has definitely seen his share of the drek and that is most likely why he is no longer doing the runs... That is not to say he doesn't have a weapon stashed on him somewhere but if presentation means anything in the sixth world, this guy seems fairly harmless in the physical violence department. He seems intelligent enough and that alone brings up just enough pause to try to take advantage of his outward personality.
LordArcana
You asshole! I nearly pissed my self laughing at the yellow rain coat comment! I laughed so hard i woke up my wife smile.gif
Mach_Ten
a note for the other guys here!

This is my first Face and first Hacker. I usually play the rigger (in the Van) or the cleric that wears full plate and stands in the way of stuff with an adamantine shield.

Coincidentally, In my current tabletop, I'm playing a full on Diplomacy Bard !

I dunno what that says about me right now? Maybe I need to seek urgent psychological assistance ? biggrin.gif

anyways, if you think I step out of line too much, PLEASE feel free to say in here if your character would ...conflict... and we can happily discuss it as adults

Until I start sobbing and rocking in my chair !

So, let the games commence!

aaand " Not in the FACE!"

aaaand "SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 2 2013, 01:14 PM) *
You asshole! I nearly pissed my self laughing at the yellow rain coat comment! I laughed so hard i woke up my wife smile.gif

there had to be a "Reason" she glared at me ! anyway, Sergeant Major is fine now, at least until BBQ season ! rotfl.gif
phlapjack77
MachTen Judah Ben Hur...you truly are, the Saul of Sauls smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 2 2013, 09:15 AM) *
there had to be a "Reason" she glared at me ! anyway, Sergeant Major is fine now, at least until BBQ season ! rotfl.gif

simply perfect smile.gif
Twitch_
The yellow raincoat thing is hilarious. xD I'm sorry I haven't been around the ooc much, things have been a little busy.

LordArcana, here's my Assensing roll. Three hits should tell me who's Awakened, the general state of their health and mood, and the presence of any cyberware.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Twitch_ @ Nov 2 2013, 11:41 AM) *
The yellow raincoat thing is hilarious. xD I'm sorry I haven't been around the ooc much, things have been a little busy.

LordArcana, here's my Assensing roll. Three hits should tell me who's Awakened, the general state of their health and mood, and the presence of any cyberware.

Excellent. IC for this is posted.
Twitch_
Composure (8d6.hits(5)=2)

Sage makes her Composure roll to avoid investigating the strange new aura, barely.
Hm. Now I have another fake name to deal with. I think I'll start referring to her as 'Egg', since that's what she's mostly going by now. Hopefully that will make things less confusing.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Twitch_ @ Nov 2 2013, 06:38 PM) *
Composure (8d6.hits(5)=2)

Sage makes her Composure roll to avoid investigating the strange new aura, barely.
Hm. Now I have another fake name to deal with. I think I'll start referring to her as 'Egg', since that's what she's mostly going by now. Hopefully that will make things less confusing.

I like "Egg" smile.gif. It says hard on the outside with a soft pure centre and a heart of gold!...

What ARE you doing in the shadows again? biggrin.gif

Lobo0705
Hey guys, sorry to have been away for a while, been busy with the wife and kids all day smile.gif

Btw, Burnout would have no idea what my real name is - as I'm trying to distance myself from that person to avoid drawing Sykes' attention down on me. I would only have given him the name Lobo. (unless you are saying that Burnout somehow found out about my past, which could be interesting and come up again long term. Let me know).

IC post to follow soon.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 2 2013, 04:34 PM) *
Hey guys, sorry to have been away for a while, been busy with the wife and kids all day smile.gif

Btw, Burnout would have no idea what my real name is - as I'm trying to distance myself from that person to avoid drawing Sykes' attention down on me. I would only have given him the name Lobo. (unless you are saying that Burnout somehow found out about my past, which could be interesting and come up again long term. Let me know).

IC post to follow soon.

He indeed calls you by name Mr. Savage. wink.gif

Since you noticed that please make a visual perception check please.
Mach_Ten
Hmmmm what book is that in? Assault cannon in coif ?wink.gif.

I looked in arsenal and augmented but didn't spot it nyahnyah.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 2 2013, 04:50 PM) *
Hmmmm what book is that in? Assault cannon in coif ?wink.gif.

I looked in arsenal and augmented but didn't spot it nyahnyah.gif

Its right next to the chain mail loin cloth in WAR! smile.gif
Lobo0705
Visual perception here

If my Vision Enhancement 3 comes into play, that gives me a further 3 dice - which are here.

Mind you, since I rolled no extra successes with the Vision Enhancement, it doesn't matter much smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 2 2013, 04:55 PM) *
Visual perception here

If my Vision Enhancement 3 comes into play, that gives me a further 3 dice - which are here.

Mind you, since I rolled no extra successes with the Vision Enhancement, it doesn't matter much smile.gif

That works for the situation.

As he calls you by that name its hard to hide the surprised reaction on your face. Nobody here should know that name. You feel your face get a little warm in agitation as you try to figure out how he knows when you happen to glance at his hands. He is missing the last knuckle of his right pinky finger and tattoo'd around his middle, ring and pinky of his right hand are plain black symbols. You have no idea what the symbols mean but you have seen them before. The symbols are Cyrillic.

I'll put in a short IC in a moment.

EDIT: IC updated for you Lobo

<evil GM laugh>
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 2 2013, 08:52 PM) *
Its right next to the chain mail loin cloth in WAR! smile.gif

ouch, that'd CHAFE ! frown.gif

LordArcana
techno-freakin-mage

i love it smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 2 2013, 10:17 PM) *
techno-freakin-mage

i love it smile.gif

Artemis is not bitter ! ... honest nyahnyah.gif

Freakin kids these days got it easy, they don't even need a comm, not like us old timers ! .. they don't even Program, Dude, that's just wrong.

But 'The Kid' he's allright by me, as long as he's on My side, I'll not hear a word against him.

Lobo0705
Just to be absolutely clear, although Lobo may not like Artemis, I have no problem with the way you are portraying the character, so please feel no need whatsoever to tone it down. Always fun to have someone hamming it up smile.gif

Oh, and I've decided to make it a game to see how many different superhero names Lobo can come up with when mentally talking about Artemis, all of which reference Artemis's hair. (The guy you used in the picture has quite the hairdo smile.gif)
LordArcana
Lobo, make a Knowledge CAS Politics test please. The result will gauge your initial success in determining how the Bratva could know your name.
Lobo0705
No problem - two hits - the roll is here
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 2 2013, 08:10 PM) *
No problem - two hits - the roll is here

Excellent. I will IC this in a moment.
LordArcana
Ok guys, two fairly detailed IC posts are up there. I know i don't have to remind you about meta-gaming and all that. I don't care if you read the spoiler in the post for Lobo, but please don't use that information as its essentially what he is thinking about.
Mach_Ten
quick encrypted message on the fly
Cryptography [Computer(2)+ Encryption rating(6)]
(8d6.hits(5)=2)

When we have time, I'm sure "The Kid" can do a better job than that
Lobo0705
Ok, so I know the kid is full of it, and I'm sure Lobo is sure that the kid is full of it, but to be fair and not meta,

Judge Intentions here

With 1 success apparently Lobo is very gullible wink.gif

LordArcana, do you want to roll his opposed roll, or should I, or should I wait for phlapjack? In the meantime, I'll post IC assuming he gets more hits than me - if not, I'll edit it, it won't change the bulk of my response.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 3 2013, 11:28 AM) *
Ok, so I know the kid is full of it, and I'm sure Lobo is sure that the kid is full of it, ......

Yeah, so .. kid .. you KNOW I got your back right, always ready to defend your honor and all that jazz ? ... well... Hmmm, dunno how to broach this sensitively but ..... I'll be over here at the bar, Good luck ! biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 2 2013, 11:24 PM) *
Just to be absolutely clear, although Lobo may not like Artemis, I have no problem with the way you are portraying the character, so please feel no need whatsoever to tone it down. Always fun to have someone hamming it up smile.gif

Oh, and I've decided to make it a game to see how many different superhero names Lobo can come up with when mentally talking about Artemis, all of which reference Artemis's hair. (The guy you used in the picture has quite the hairdo smile.gif)

just spotted this sorry Lobo smile.gif

yeah, I'm imagining many and varied ways in which Artemis just makes you shudder and want to smoosh him,

but then, he does have his uses so I can see the internal conflict growing to a head later in the game.

And actually yes ! ... He can quite literally "Talk someone to death" ... well, until someone else provides the means of their transit to the land of shadows, pointedly, YOU ! biggrin.gif
Lobo0705
Not sure if this is applicable, but Lobo tries his Security Companies roll here to see if he knows whether or not ABER contracts out for their security or does everything in-house.

Let me know how much info he gets with 2 hits.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 3 2013, 06:33 AM) *
Yeah, so .. kid .. you KNOW I got your back right, always ready to defend your honor and all that jazz ? ... well... Hmmm, dunno how to broach this sensitively but ..... I'll be over here at the bar, Good luck ! biggrin.gif

Lol, I wouldn't worry. Even if Lobo knows Autowired is lying, it isn't like he is going to punch him in the face. Even if he rolls 0 successes to oppose me, the response will just change from:

"Glancing at Autowired, Well, alright then, looks like we have a decker in the group, that should be useful."

to something like:

"Glancing at Autowired, The kid is a terrible liar, whatever he's distracted by, he better lock that down during the job."

Or something similar. Either way, Lobo is aware that he is a decker (since he would have no way of knowing or even suspecting technomancer yet), it just colors his opinion of Autowired's professionalism.
Mach_Ten
cool, nice to be interacting and not just assuming Meta-OOC each others abilities,

on that, are we going to interrogate Burn-out here for more info, assuming he actually knows anything more ...
or we gonna ask for a quiet table to discuss elsewhere (rather than waste all the fine food)

I'm reluctant, and will state so bluntly, to say too much in front of him.

you know, that old backstabbing and double crossing Johnson / fixer type affair.. not that he is anything but honorable as is the GM "ALL hail Arcana!" and long may he rule yada yada !
Lobo0705
Lobo already asked him a question regarding the location of the place, and depending on what info I get from the Security Companies roll, I might follow that up with another question about their security position.

Lobo (while apparently gullible given my dice-rolling) has had reason to become suspicious of people in general (his background encounter with Lola) and more recently with a revelation about Burnout, not too trusting of him either.

So Lobo will not be in favor of discussing any actual planning in front of Burnout, and will want to double check all the info given - not least of which is the line that "don't worry, ABER is a tiny little company completely unaffiliated with anyone else."
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 3 2013, 07:28 AM) *
Ok, so I know the kid is full of it, and I'm sure Lobo is sure that the kid is full of it, but to be fair and not meta,

Judge Intentions here

With 1 success apparently Lobo is very gullible wink.gif

LordArcana, do you want to roll his opposed roll, or should I, or should I wait for phlapjack? In the meantime, I'll post IC assuming he gets more hits than me - if not, I'll edit it, it won't change the bulk of my response.

That depends on what exactly you are judging intentions on. I can tell you this much you would get automatically from reading the kid:

* He is hungry... that part is certain smile.gif

* He appears to be youthful to the point of inexperience in these matters.

* Judging from his hands you can tell he is not a stranger to hard work.

* You instinctively know that they blankness in his non-focused gaze usually implies heavy AR use. You saw that a lot with corporate kidies that would be so enveloped in the newest AR games they would just sit for hours stairing off into space as their eyes flicked away and heir hands made odd motions in the air. The only difference is The Kids hands are busy stuffing his face. It could be the use of DNI but you didn't see a datajack. It COULD be an implanted commlink though.

* Nothing you have seen so far screams Technomancer... so far.

If you have questions outside of this feel free to ask smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 3 2013, 07:40 AM) *
Not sure if this is applicable, but Lobo tries his Security Companies roll here to see if he knows whether or not ABER contracts out for their security or does everything in-house.

Let me know how much info he gets with 2 hits.

ABER Technologies has no known affiliations with outside security companies leading you to believe they handle their security internally.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 3 2013, 07:59 AM) *
Lobo already asked him a question regarding the location of the place, and depending on what info I get from the Security Companies roll, I might follow that up with another question about their security position.

Lobo (while apparently gullible given my dice-rolling) has had reason to become suspicious of people in general (his background encounter with Lola) and more recently with a revelation about Burnout, not too trusting of him either.

So Lobo will not be in favor of discussing any actual planning in front of Burnout, and will want to double check all the info given - not least of which is the line that "don't worry, ABER is a tiny little company completely unaffiliated with anyone else."

Paranoia much? nyahnyah.gif

gotta love it
Lobo0705
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 3 2013, 07:01 AM) *
That depends on what exactly you are judging intentions on. I can tell you this much you would get automatically from reading the kid:

* He is hungry... that part is certain smile.gif

* He appears to be youthful to the point of inexperience in these matters.

* Judging from his hands you can tell he is not a stranger to hard work.

* You instinctively know that they blankness in his non-focused gaze usually implies heavy AR use. You saw that a lot with corporate kidies that would be so enveloped in the newest AR games they would just sit for hours stairing off into space as their eyes flicked away and heir hands made odd motions in the air. The only difference is The Kids hands are busy stuffing his face. It could be the use of DNI but you didn't see a datajack. It COULD be an implanted commlink though.

* Nothing you have seen so far screams Technomancer... so far.

If you have questions outside of this feel free to ask smile.gif

My question is whether or not Lobo knows that the Kid is lying about "covering our tracks in the Matrix" (Out of principle I refuse to type that word that Artemis used wink.gif) - and doing a poor job about it. It is strictly for RP purposes of how Lobo will think about him in future.
LordArcana
Questions answered in IC
phlapjack77
Hey hey hey! The kid didn't mean to cause so much internal conflict smile.gif Can't we all just eat some delicious BBQ and get along? (craWfish gorramit!)

@Mach, the spade is awesome. I shamelessly stole that gear thing from the 2072 thread. Now I gotta find imgs for the rest of the gang smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 3 2013, 08:39 AM) *
Hey hey hey! The kid didn't mean to cause some much internal conflict smile.gif Can't we all just eat some delicious BBQ and get along? (craWfish gorramit!)

@Mach, the spade is awesome. I shamelessly stole that gear thing from the 2072 thread. Now I gotta find imgs for the rest of the gang smile.gif

Yeah yeah i know they pronounce it Craw, but when i type Crawfish it underscores it in red.... being the OCD freak that i am i just let it auto correct smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 3 2013, 08:44 PM) *
Yeah yeah i know they pronounce it Craw, but when i type Crawfish it underscores it in red.... being the OCD freak that i am i just let it auto correct smile.gif

Hehe no worries. You northerners say cray, we southerners saw craw. It's a never-ending battle, a tale of souls and words eternally retold...
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 3 2013, 08:59 AM) *
Hehe no worries. You northerners say cray, we southerners saw craw. It's a never-ending battle, a tale of souls and words eternally retold...

I may have been born in the north, but i grew up in the south. North and South Carolina, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma... Some things rubbed off and some things never will smile.gif

I will NEVER but a toboggan on my head! I would find it uncomfortable to walk around with a giant wooden sled up there no matter how cold it gets wink.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 3 2013, 09:04 PM) *
I may have been born in the north, but i grew up in the south. North and South Carolina, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma... Some things rubbed off and some things never will smile.gif

Yehaw! Another southerner! Shoulda figured, with all the descriptions of the BBQ you gave smile.gif

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 3 2013, 09:04 PM) *
I will NEVER but a toboggan on my head! I would find it uncomfortable to walk around with a giant wooden sled up there no matter how cold it gets wink.gif
And...I'm not sure what this is? smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 3 2013, 09:25 AM) *
Yehaw! Another southerner! Shoulda figured, with all the descriptions of the BBQ you gave smile.gif

And...I'm not sure what this is? smile.gif

It relates to a conversation i had with my step mother. It was a cool winter day and i was heading to work when she told me not to forget my toboggan. To me a toboggan is a wooden sled with a rounded front lip. She insisted that is not a toboggan... infact a toboggan is a warm winter hat... interesting.
phlapjack77
Hmmm, never heard the word 'toboggan' used that way either. You're in the clear! biggrin.gif
LordArcana
I'm not saying that it is a secure location or that it isn't since as soon as you walked in Burn-out has done a pretty good job keeping your attention focused on your immediate surroundings. As he walks away towards the bathroom you do notice that nobody eels has come or gone from the room. There are still three couples at the bar enjoying their drinks and soft country music continues to play. A jukebox can be seen near where Burn-out turned down the hallway but music plays out of over head speakers you now notice are haphazardly placed throughout the room.

By all means you can skip ahead until he returns if you guys wish but I just figured the group at like to use this time to take care of pleasantries. smile.gif

I will post IC a little more of the visuals when I get home. But as of right now nothing stands out and screams danger. The low tech environment actually makes for an oddly comfortable experience.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 4 2013, 06:24 AM) *
I'm not saying that it is a secure location or that it isn't since as soon as you walked in Burn-out has done a pretty good job keeping your attention focused on your immediate surroundings.

Having never been to this place before, I don't consider it to be neutral ground,
Russian goons could be behind every pillar .. even that lovely waitress could be an assassin ready to strike, pinning my head to the wall with only her thighs while singing a native russian war cry in perfect pitch !
By all means you can skip ahead until he returns if you guys wish but I just figured the group at like to use this time to take care of pleasantries. smile.gif

yay, small talk, how long have we got ? we could squeeze in a game or two ? I've got AR cards!
I will post IC a little more of the visuals when I get home. But as of right now nothing stands out and screams danger. The low tech environment actually makes for an oddly comfortable experience.

speak for yourself ! there's at least two of us that HATE any drop in connectivity.
it's only the fine company and food (mostly food in some cases biggrin.gif ) that's keeping us from running for the nearest Matrix hub smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 4 2013, 06:36 AM) *
Having never been to this place before, I don't consider it to be neutral ground,
Russian goons could be behind every pillar .. even that lovely waitress could be an assassin ready to strike, pinning my head to the wall with only her thighs while singing a native russian war cry in perfect pitch !

yay, small talk, how long have we got ? we could squeeze in a game or two ? I've got AR cards!

speak for yourself ! there's at least two of us that HATE any drop in connectivity.
it's only the fine company and food (mostly food in some cases biggrin.gif ) that's keeping us from running for the nearest Matrix hub smile.gif

Wow. You really think that of me? That I would sick the Russian mafias female assassin squad on you? This early in the story? wink.gif

Basically what I meant about comfort wasn't so much the matrix at all... More that as you approached the building you saw so many different "cultures" not so much socializing but not arguing or fighting... They are all just enjoying the food in their little cliques happily ignoring everyone else. That is not something you find in the big city. People may ignore you there too but it's with annoyance that you are there in the first place needing to be ignored smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012