[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Mickle
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
F5 Physical Mask: [6,1,2,5,2,3,1,3,1,4,6] 3 hits
Resist DV4 Drain: [3,6,3,5,6,2,3,3,1,6] 4 hits; No Drain
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry guys I've had weapons classes on top of my normal schedule, without days off for this last week. Ugh.
rob
yeah, but thems are fun. In the grand scheme of things, shooting stuff doesn't suck.
Redjack
Work is still uber-crazy and we've had a few RL pieces of excitement that have been inhibiting my normal Sunday posting. In any case, I'm hoping my weekends will easy out soon for more consistent posting.
fistandantilus4.0
On a personal note, we now have all five of our kids here, so we're going into "Clan of the Cave Bears" mode. biggrin.gif

Everyone seems to be in a holding pattern, waiting to see who does what at the moment. Folks need to make a decision if they're waiting or pushing the issue.
rob
I'll put the ball on mickle, since we're currently waiting on his decision to leave the bar or not, but it's a wierd ball to be carrying. This whole potential situation is excitingly delicate...

For example, in my head I keep varying between the courses of action of just 'meet the guy on our turf and get it on the table' or 'shove the dude in a bag.' Option 2 has appeal, but if someone did it to my character it would not make for a functional team dynamic until there were several murders. Hence, for meta-game reasons I have to keep thinking towards option 1.

But, c'est la vie. I think all of us do the run, so whatever happens will probably work out right.

Mickle - remember, none of us PLAYERS want to kill you. Give us a line, and we can come up with something in character to move us along.
Mickle5125
right, right. I know you as players don't wanna murder me, though your far-too-paranoid characters do. I'm totally cool with IC drama.

For a spot o' insight into Dingo's line o' thought: You guys are going to try to murder him quietly. Why else would you refuse to meet in a perfectly neutral and acceptably public meeting place like the pub? Nobody else he's worked with has refused drinks. Particularly when Dingo offered to pay. So, when he does come out of the pub, he's going to be on a hair-trigger for initiative.

As a player, like you guys, I don't want to go into "kill everything and find a new team" mode. As a character, Dingo is rather attached to his skin. *shrugs and grins* heh... cliche as all get out, but the phrase "enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind here. Nothing like a fight to smooth things out, neh? heheh

Unless one o' you decide to do something beforehand, I'll write up something bout leavin' the pub after I get about 8 hours o' sleep.
rob
Actually, Caliph's paranoia about meeting at Dingo's public location is different than that. To help you understand my line of thought:
1. Some dude we don't know traced us.
2. We know where he traced us from, and we're reasonably sure that if he planned us ill, by coming to him early we would screw up his plans.
3. Now he knows he's on to us, and suggested a pub.
4. We don't know if this isn't his contigency spot, evac route, whatever. For all we know, you got peeps at this pub.
5. So, if you're on to another game, we can take you off your home turf by moving you from the spot you designated.

Dingo's response is very natural, and we expect you to have it. We are all counting on you being in full flight or fight mode, even if we met in the bar. So, given that, why on earth would we agree to meet on your turf?

This is kind of fun to RP, just because it's so tricky.
Redjack
Yea. My first thought was the bar isn't neutral, its home ground.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm loving this. I know it isn't much for plot progress, but the tense balance between trust and information in the Shadoes is a hell of a lot of fun to see play out.

I do apologize for my dismal posting rate however. All of our kids are here now (5), so it's more demanding on my time. Thanks for running with it.
fistandantilus4.0
Why is Dingo leaving a message in his box and not sending it?
fistandantilus4.0
Hehe .... rob, one hit? biggrin.gif You're like the mafioso walking around with his hand inside a violin case. wink.gif
Mickle5125
because he's figuring that there's a hacker pulling matrix duty for the others, and that said hacker would be curious about a weird action like that, and, after confirming that there's no virus or anything of the sort attached, would look in on it.
rob
Fisty: Well, since that's kind of... exactly... what I'm doing, so be it.

Mickle: Ooh, exciting. That's a cool trick.
fistandantilus4.0
Mickle: That's running under the assumption that the team has a hacker with them, which is a big assumption since you were being recruited to be the team's hacker. Keep in mind also that the sweeps Dingo did on his comm showed nothing out of the ordinary. I think you're pushing the metagaming envelope there man.
Mickle5125
Someone caught Dingo and tipped them off. *shrugs*I can cut it out of the post if you so desire, though.

Edit: and as to why Dingo doesn't believe it was IC or an Agent: Hubris. No way a simple program could have caught him, in his eyes.
rob
I need some reaction from someonoe to push Caliph's behavior. Either Dingo spots me, or Nix moves in, or something. I can't move caliph up until someone has a chance to respond to the situation.
Redjack
Absolute horrid week at work, next will be worse.

=============

Posted.
Redjack
At least Friday is a holiday... Though tomorrow night is really gonna stink.
fistandantilus4.0
This weekend is my stink. Military base on the 4th of July, doing security. Ugh.
On top of that, I've got family down for like three weeks.

So everyone is going to the van, yes? Let us proceed.
Redjack
Work has been insane. Worked 15 hours yesterday and still working now (snuck away while an install is running).

Try to post up tonight.
rob
Yay! Progress!

BTW, got a copy of 'running wild.' In addition to being potentially highly relevant, I would like to note that building in some capacity to handle paracritters, esp. dogs (and their ilk) is very high on Caliph's character development priorities.
Mickle5125
just an update. next two weeks are... hell. I'll post replies when I can, but last 2 weeks of school + full time job = one very busy Mickle.
rob
Outta town for the next 5 or so days.
fistandantilus4.0
rob - I do not have Running Wild yet ,but I'll see what I can do to get a hold of it and read it through.

Completely off topic, but , any Boondock Saints fans?
Mickle5125
oh dear lord, YES!!!!

ALL SAINTS DAY COMING SOOON!!!!!
rob
It's a fun movie.

Back from my trip.
Redjack
I'm stoked for All Saint's Day as well!

==============

Oh GM: Did we get our SINs and travel plans yet?
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah, actually progress in the game. Good stuff.
Remember in game time, it's only been a couple of hours. Takes a tad longer than that.

Alysha and I went to an Focus Group for All Saints Day. We were at ComicCon here in San Diego, and saw this random little poster. We stopped and asked the guy what it was about, and he asked if we'd seen the movie. He ended up signing us up for the focus group to see the new trailer and answer some questions. After we'd signed off, he 'mentioned' that it also included a meet and greet with the cast over drinks at happy hour too. Oh schucks.

The preview looks pretty bad ass. All of the original cast is back with the exception of Willam Dafoe. The new cop chica is Julie Benz, who is his protege in the movie. Release date is Nov 1st, although they'd bandied about the idea of a St Patty's day release at the focus group. We told them that would be a bad idea, as that would take longer. We suggested releasing the DVD on St Pattys.
The only thing I was aprehensive about is that they were talking about possible budget constraints for the release, and limiting the release theaters at first.

Good news is though, the movie looks awesome.

Doesn't look liek the actual trailer is up on youtube yet. Has the song "The Saints are Coming" in the trailer.
Mickle5125
No Willam? saddening...

I am so incredibly jealous of you right now, Fisty. Just thought you'd like to know.

fistandantilus4.0
I'm petty, so, yeah, yeah I do. smile.gif
Mickle5125
QUOTE (rob @ Aug 10 2009, 08:01 PM) *
"You got anything you want?"

who's being asked?
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry for long quiet on my part. Computer is down. The damn power cable broke again. new one is on order. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Alright, I am around, but our access is tentative at the moment.

Are we still looking to continue? The game hasn't moved while I was off for two weeks. Are we getting bogged down in the details? Shall we skip ahead a bit?
rob
I'm in to continue. I think a bump is in order. I, at least, was waiting on a name and place to meet the smuggler and the plane; that's all caliph needs.
Mickle5125
I'm still here. Fast forward time?
rob
Bump is cool or details is cool; but I'd love to get down to brass tacks. Caliph needs a new set of headware.
Redjack
Bump it.
fistandantilus4.0
Alright then, I'm going to give one day for everyone to list what they're bringing on their person, and what they are having shipped. So tomorrow night, I'll throw up the post, arriving in the U.K., as well as the long promised info on the missing man that Mickle searched out.

Redjack
Shipping: Chamelon suit, tag eraser
Carrying: Clothes, form fit, sustaining foci, 2x fly-spies, data chips, comlinks
fistandantilus4.0
RJ - 5 CSP for actually getting a post up.
Redjack
My work has been like your work. wink.gif
rob
Sorry fisty. *shame.*

Carrying - Raecor Sting in concealed holster on inside thigh, Greatcoat, Wrist sensor, commo kit, some clothes
Shipped - Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Heavy Pistol, Shock Gloves, Climbing Kit, Jumpsuit, FFBA, Handheld sensor, Medkit, Radio sensor, Restraints
Stored - Truck, AK-97, Tool kits

The stuff on carried that might cause problems - his holdout pistol, his wrist sensor (has an ultrawide band radar, 'R'), the hand razors, the gyromount, his wired reflexes, smartlink in his cybereyes.
Mickle5125

Sorry fisty. *more shame.*

Carrying - commlink, armor jacket
Shipped - cougar fineblades, colt gov't 2066, ingram smartgun x, ammo, racing armor, ffba.
Stored - larger drones, bike, Tools.

The stuff on carried that might cause problems - primarily him and the cyberware implanted into him. MBW system is the biggest that comes to mind.

fistandantilus4.0
Check the NOTES section on the first page for updates.
Redjack
Excellent!
Mickle5125
omfgyay
fistandantilus4.0
Shoot me a PM if you intend to use any karma. If it's something that would take time (read:initiation) then you'll have to figure that into RPing. If you're raising a stat or skill, go for it. Please keep to things that make snese for your characters to raise given the context of the game. The decker could certainly raise his etiquette for example, but raising Pilot Boat or Archery would make little sense. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012