Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legacy - OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Mickle5125
We've lasted this long, fisty. I wanna see how long we can keep this game in existence.
Redjack
Timing is good. September was hell for me trying to post due to traveling to 3 different cities for work. I will be home in October so game on!
fistandantilus4.0
Yay. Have a working router again. Still can't get my x-bow to synch up right, but I got the comp.
Mickle5125
I'm going with the assumption that he's pulling proper overwatch like last time.
fistandantilus4.0
Well RJ did say he'd be busy this month.

Yeah, assuming that Dyngo is over watch, on comms and camms. Easy enough to peak through the few cameras in the restaurant and the plethora of street cams.
Redjack
I didn't realize that so much time had passed. Life just keeps racing forward...
fistandantilus4.0
Believe me I know the feeling.
fistandantilus4.0
Going to be out of town for training until Sat.
Mickle5125
Happy Halloween!
fistandantilus4.0
RJ = Nix carrying any weapons or anything that might be recognizable as a foci at the moment?
Redjack
His silver ring is a foci. He has a ceramic knife in his left boot. He has a F5 Mask in place at the moment.
Redjack
Hits.open denotes that he spent edge on the perception test. Is that correct?
Mickle5125
detect hidden node: E.Warfare (6) + scan(6) = [5,5,6,2,2,1,6,4,4,6,1,2] = (5)

watching for trouble: Perception (4) + Int (5) = [6,1,3,6,3,5,4,6,6] = (5)

wow. if only I'd spent edge...
Gloin
QUOTE (Redjack @ Nov 14 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Hits.open denotes that he spent edge on the perception test. Is that correct?

Not that I was aware of, I just figured it worked that way. But if I had spent edge according to Inv. Castle then that works fine for me.
Redjack
Let me say it a different way:
11d6.hitsopen(5,6) = Edge present, 6's are open ended.
11d6.hits(5) = Normal roll (also used when spending edge to reroll failures.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm still more of a fan of otherrealm personally because of how smoothly it works for SR, but that's just me. Tagging it with "open" works just fine.

Redjack - Trying to change my color scheme again?

-Nothing on an astral peek out of the ordinary nearby. Is he doing a look at Fix's aura or just security concious?
Redjack
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Nov 20 2011, 05:09 PM) *
I'm still more of a fan of otherrealm personally because of how smoothly it works for SR, but that's just me. Tagging it with "open" works just fine.
It still doesn't have the robust character linking and history that Invisible Castle has though.

Redjack - Trying to change my color scheme again?
We did that about a year ago.

-Nothing on an astral peek out of the ordinary nearby. Is he doing a look at Fix's aura or just security concious?

First a security sweep.
Now assensing his aura: Intuition(5) + Assensing(3) + Aura Reading(2) + Sustaining Spell(-2) [5,2,4,4,6,3,2,4] = 2 hits.
Gloin
Assuming Medium lifestyle will have an equivalent to a door FOB/scanner that can be check via comlink, unless disabled.

Sniper check (ya, he's that paranoid):
[6,1,2,6,2,6,4,5,1,6,2] = (5, range:Hawk Eye)
fistandantilus4.0
Redjack
Assensing : Emotional state - Wary/cautious
Cyber: - Light augmentation throughout the body, mostly muscle groups.
Awakened/Mundane: Mundane

You tout you're roller, I'll tout mine. smile.gif Either is good, just a matter of preference.
QUOTE (Redjack)
We did that about a year ago.

That's why I say "again".

Gloin
No snipers visible. No one who appears to be pointing a weapon his way.
fistandantilus4.0
So everyone's in a car, if not the same car. Where are you meeting up at?
Gloin
Good question. My car got left behind and intentionally not telling it to follow. Planning to pick it up later.
fistandantilus4.0
I'll throw up a Moving Along post for Mickle if he doesn't get one up by tomorrow. We've got some sort of momentum going, and I'd love to get everyone together and back to the actual run as soon as possible.
Gloin
Spot check on Nix to get his physical characteristics (strength, body, etc) and making the scan that much more thorough.

contact lenses: [4,1,5,6,3,2,2,5,6,1,6] = (5)
fistandantilus4.0
RJ roll for any concealed gear you may be carrying. Beyond that, general physical description, Con if you're looking to 'hide' mood or present anything differently.
Redjack
Assuming the hits are there on a perception test, Nix has a knife concealed on this left forearm and something on both the left and right sides under his arms. Size is too small to be anything but perhaps a light pistol (even then, there is no easy access to them).
Redjack
Nix Perception Test:
Intuition(5) + Perception(2) + Visual(2) + Actively Looking(3) + Vision Enhancement(3) [1,6,3,5,6,4,6,4,5,1,5,5,1,2,2] = 7 hits
Mickle5125
give up on your unnatural font colors yet, fisty?
fistandantilus4.0
Nope. Still hoping. I don't see how that color for speecj doesn't hurt your eyes after looking at it so much.

But YAY, crews finally together.

As it's now .... yup ... December, I think it'd be nice to award a little karma. May not have been through world shattering events IC, but it's nice to be able to make some changes on the sheets from time to time. Maybe I should make a rule about handing out Karma at least once per quarter, as long as this game has run...

So...
Mickle/RJ - 5 Karma - For sticking strong, being persistent, and very thorough in vetting new team mates. biggrin.gif

Gloin - Don't worry, I promise I'll award some Chrismtas Good Karma. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Gloin - Same thing for anything Fix may be trying to hide. Roll you Infiltration if you'd like it hidden.
Mickle5125
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jan 1 2009, 10:08 PM) *
Just bumping this in case it got missed.

In addition, I have found the following list of rules for post formatting in the Blood of the People OOC. Is it still the one being used?

Speech text is in salmon
Inner monologue is in aquamarine
Telepathic or any other sort of mental communication, such as with spirits, is aqua
text, such as commlink text messages is in red
dice rolls or game actions are in gold
The occasional hand written missive is in purple

just thought I'd do fisty a favor and re-post the requested formatting. ^_^

So we're sitting at 25 karma, right? Thanks, fisty!
fistandantilus4.0
+1 Karma for Mickle
Mickle5125
26! woo!
Redjack
Your turn Gloin. biggrin.gif
Gloin
Hidden Gear:

[ Spoiler ]

He is carrying a long knife at his ankle and a small pistol/taser at his waist.

Sizing up and checking Dingo: [4,2,6,5,2,5,4,4,3,3,4] = (3)
fistandantilus4.0
Mickle, same thing. Roll infiltration for anything you intend to have hidden. Otherwise, give description of general gear he'd have on him as well as general appearance.
Mickle5125
... my post didn't go through last night, apparently, and I've had a meh enough day that I don't feel like rewriting it.

Dingo's a twitchy elf, has two long knives along his back. Lots of augmentation. Nice-looking custom commlink
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Dec 20 2011, 10:07 PM) *
... my post didn't go through last night, apparently, and I've had a meh enough day that I don't feel like rewriting it.

Been there, plenty of times. It's usually the long ones that you lose.
Gloin
Armorer check on bullet casing: [3 hits]

How rare is regular meat to find these day? Is it basically all food in tubes for the common folk or are there still butcher shops around?
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry our internet has been down for the last few days. Hopefully the tech wil be out today. Our modem always frags up when we have the power go out and doesnt synch right with our cable system.

Gloin - I igure there'd still be butcher shops around, but not very common, and would tend to be more expensive, as it's a higher end market.
Gloin
Ok cool, just wanted to make sure they're around and not too rare. Needed the justification for having some steaks in the freezer. I'm a physically active Orc with a higher paying living, need meat.
Redjack
O' GM... Can we FF to the meeting up after Fix gets his gear?
fistandantilus4.0
Yup. Trying to get regular internet going at home. At work ATM, and I'm not a fan of using govvie comps for personal use. I have internet ta home with a hardline, but our new router just crapped out. I have no idea how this keeps happening. This is our third new router.

Beyond fast forwarding and gathering gear, what are you in line for next? Moving into the insertion? Any more legwork you're looking to do?

Gloin- Anything specific you're gathering up? Beyond B&E gear and a rare steak?
fistandantilus4.0
OK so still no wireless, but a hardline. Oh and I still can't type.
Still good to fast forward. Just need to know where you're going to so I can do that. Assume you're meeting back up at the safe house? I try not to assume anything with Knyx's paranoia.
fistandantilus4.0
Training on the other side of the country got moved up from a couple of weeks from now to ... Friday. So ... internet won't be a sure thing until I get there and see what they have where I'm going to be. Training's two weeks.
Mickle5125
sorry about the away-time, mates. Life got a little crazy. I'm starting some classes, though, so I'll have at least a half-hour weekly to put together posts. How exciting, neh?
Mickle5125
sorry about the away-time, mates. Life got a little crazy. I'm starting some classes, though, so I'll have at least a half-hour weekly to put together posts. How exciting, neh?
fistandantilus4.0
So apparently that crappy ass base has no internet access. Anywhere. Our team was there for three days before we saw anyone else except for base security.

Got home last night after two weeks out... just to have the command tell us we're going back out to the field for at least another week 5am Monday morning. Ugh.
Redjack
We just can't seem to catch a break here.
Mickle5125
indeed we can't. I'm surprised that the game hasn't been completely abandoned, to be honest.
Redjack
The OOC is reasonably active... anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012