Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legacy - OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
fistandantilus4.0
RJ. that's 'Fix', not Flix.

Jumping on the typo band wagon with me?

FYI for you guys, we're in the process of moving. Just a short distance though, and still in the area. But after Saturday, we'll be a few days without internet. On Friday, I fly back out to Virginia again, same place. So most likely, I'll have jack all for internet for a few weeks. I'll try to get on when I can. This time should be marginally better. I'll have a compter that actually works right, for one. And I know where I can, in theory, get internet. That's better than last time.
Redjack
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:29 PM) *
RJ. that's 'Fix', not Flix.
Wow... That's the pot calling the kettle black. nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:29 PM) *
FYI for you guys, we're in the process of moving. Just a short distance though, and still in the area. But after Saturday, we'll be a few days without internet. On Friday, I fly back out to Virginia again, same place. So most likely, I'll have jack all for internet for a few weeks. I'll try to get on when I can. This time should be marginally better. I'll have a compter that actually works right, for one. And I know where I can, in theory, get internet. That's better than last time.
Fingers crossed.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 22 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Wow... That's the pot calling the kettle black. nyahnyah.gif

Like I said. smile.gif

The only internet we have is at a Starbucks, a good forty minute drive away. Nothing in the area. Stupid old army bases. The wife and I are looking to see if maybe we can get a short term wireless card or something. But with the move going on, it's a bit lower on the list of priorities. With the pace we've picked up to, I'd really like to be ale to keep the game going steady.

*crosses fingers*
Mickle5125
a happy move, Fisty? good for you, if so. Tell the Missus that I'm sorry for opening up the flood gates with my question!
Mickle5125
Welcome back Fisty!!!
Redjack
Ping... Fisty - You're up.
Redjack
*Shakes fists*
The Navy conspires against this game!!
Mickle5125
certainly seems that way... good thing Fisty has such devoted players, neh?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 9 2012, 12:18 PM) *
*Shakes fists*
The Navy conspires against this game!!

Quit shaking me damn it!
Yeah, not so much on the ease of access. Days are damn long so I haven't had a lot of time to get off base. When I do, I'm busy. It's like they want me to work for a living or some craziness. But I'll be back home soon. That'll be nice. Look at it this way, I'm training for your safety blah blah blah. And Mickle, well... IIRC, you don't live in my country, but I MIGHT get to visit yours (in a good way!). SO if I make it there (hopefully on a military tab), I'll buy first round.

If nothing else, at least I'm getting really ansy to play some damn Shadowrun. Good news for you guys at least. Me, I'm bored.
fistandantilus4.0
BTW, last I checked, RJ, you summoned a spirit, and Mickle hacked the drone. I don't recall an actual direction along the lines of "I'm gonna do ...." So .... wacha goin' for next?
Mickle5125
eehhhh? What country is your country, Fisty?

Also, I'll take you up on that and pick up the second round if you do find yourself in the area.

Additionally: I wasn't caught? How exciting. I figured that last maneuver was just going to fail miserably.

I'm probably going to try to steal the murder-zeplin, or whatever it is, now that the others can proceed without having to wait on me. Unless the others yell at me or something.
fistandantilus4.0
For some reason I thought you lived in Europe. Perhaps if I'd taken two seconds to look at "From: St. Louis Streets". Oops.

No, you weren't caught. I can't roll for crap with that security system apparently. The death balloon is slaved to the system, so go for it.
Mickle5125
Active Programs
[ Spoiler ]

Analyze 6 + computer 4 + hotsim 2 = 12d6 = 5 hits

Looking for obvious weaknesses, what security's on the drone's node, etc etc
Mickle5125
Active Programs
[ Spoiler ]

hide account: hacking (6) + stealth(5) + hotsim(2) = 8 hits; 20 minutes to hide account

hide activities: computer (4) + edit(6) + hotsim (2) = 4 hits

finally! a use for some knowledge skills!

Logic(6) + Matrix Security (4) = 6 hits
- trying to think of things like whether the limited accepted signals thing means I can't access it, whether I could issue commands for it to land by the van and deactivate, etc etc.

Logic(6) + Hacking Techniques (3) = 2 hits
- trying to think up ways to take the murderbot if the security gets in the way of how I normally do things.
fistandantilus4.0
It's hardware is only euipped to receive that specific signal. The only way to send a signal to it is through that hardware interface (old school directed maaser link).

Second part - not my job to come up with plans for you. smile.gif But there are regular hings it can do besides shoot. Land, go into passive mode, etc. Dingo can command it legiimately through the uplink, and the rifle has an equivelan to a smartlink.
Mickle5125
And that is exactly what I was looking for. I just failed to convey that. Thanks!
Redjack
Gloin was last on Dumpshock 8 days ago, but hasn't posted in here in 6 weeks. Gloin - you still around?
fistandantilus4.0
I'm hoping he's in the "damn, the hacker is doing his thing, mage is doing his thing, I'm waiting for something to shoot" mode. And we haven't been very productive these past couple of weeks thanks to me.
Mickle5125
Gloin's a little busy in his real life at the moment. He's promised he hasn't wandered off and gotten lost, though.
fistandantilus4.0
OK cool, good to hear. It's nice to have REAL connections. Makes things so much easier.
Mickle5125
indeed, sah.
Mickle5125
Fix, not Flix. ^_^
Redjack
Fisty's inability to get the names right is rubbing off on me.
fistandantilus4.0
Tell yourself that it's endearing.

So are all three of you moving on the house now? What's the plan? Where to speciifically?
Mickle5125
I'm staying in the van, providing overwatch, and will provide technical assistance as needed through one of their commlinks.
fistandantilus4.0
Waasn't that why commlinks were made in the first place ? To get the damn hacker out of the van? wink.gif
Mickle5125
Here I thought it was to keep the hacker out of the line of fire...
fistandantilus4.0
Becomes a matter of Intention Vs Result.

Intention: Get the decker out of his van/jackpoint/mother's basement and into the run.

Result: Make them more mobile so that they can run from the van/jackpoint/mother's basement OR the internet cafe or luggage carousel or whatever. I haven't seen a lot who put much effort into getting into some place that wasn't heavily blocked against wifi. And even then they'd try to find a way aorund it first.
Mickle5125
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ May 5 2012, 09:58 PM) *
luggage carousel

I have a sudden urge to make a dwarf who hacks by having himself shipped to the location in a suitcase...
fistandantilus4.0
Until he watches luggagehandlers throwing cases around. smile.gif
Mickle5125
Rigger's cocoon suitcase? ^_^
Redjack
Perhaps we need Fisty to RC Fix to move us forward?
fistandantilus4.0
What are the two of you doing? I can move Fix along.
Mickle5125
Nix is attacking the astral defenses and I'm sitting in the van until I get bored with the hacking from a distance and decide to go get my hands dirty up close and personal.
Gloin
Hey guys sorry about being AFK, but semester from hell is done and I'm ready to get back underway.

Infiltration: 1 hit
fistandantilus4.0
Good to have you back man.
Mickle - make a Matrix Perception test
Mickle5125
computer(4) + Analyze (6) + vr(2) = 4 hits
Redjack
Nix - Stunbolting the Spirits

F9 Stunbolt: Magic(6) + Spellcasting(5) = [4,3,2,3,5,3,6,3,3,2,2] = 2 hits
Resist DV3 drain: Logic(5) + Willpower(5) = [4,5,6,4,6,6,5,2,5,5] = 7 hits; No Drain

F9 Stunbolt: Magic(6) + Spellcasting(5) = [2,4,6,4,2,2,3,2,4,5,2] = 2 hits
Resist DV3 drain: Logic(5) + Willpower(5) = [3,6,6,6,4,3,2,5,4,2] = 4 hits; no drain

Realizing that several more may be needed, I will throw out several more rolls.
F9 Stunbolt: Magic(6) + Spellcasting(5) = [4,2,4,5,1,3,1,5,3,6,2] = 3 hits
Resist DV3 drain: Logic(5) + Willpower(5) = [4,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,3,1] = 2 hits; 1 box drain

F9 Stunbolt: Magic(6) + Spellcasting(5) = [4,1,2,1,2,1,4,5,6,4,3] = 2 hits
Resist DV3 drain: Logic(5) + Willpower(5) = [1,3,3,5,5,4,4,3,6,1] = 3 hits; no drain
Mickle5125
probably afk for the next week or so. just an fyi.
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry for the wait on my end. Things are getting busy again.

As for the spirits, rolled great on the first resitance tests, crap on the next two. Unless Nix has some reason to hold them back, his spirits will disrupt them.
fistandantilus4.0
Mickle: With Fix moving up closer, a data pack suddenly shoots its way into the tower, a target identification ad fire order on it's way up to the "catapult crew."
fistandantilus4.0
Hey look, it's Nix. smile.gif
Gloin
Perception check: 6 Hits
Redjack
I will probably be off the grid from Tuesday to Tuesday... though it appears that my be just the right amount of time. wink.gif
Mickle5125
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ May 19 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Mickle: With Fix moving up closer, a data pack suddenly shoots its way into the tower, a target identification ad fire order on it's way up to the "catapult crew."

OK! so, here's the course of action:
1) I order my agent to intercept and eliminate the data pack
2) My agent will intercept it.
3) If the agent fails to intercept it, I will do so.
4) As I intercept, I will send the "ohgod you're gonna die" warning to the team.

2) Agent(4) + sniffer(5) = 2 hits (glitch). Ouch.
3) Hacking(6) + sniffer(5) + VR(2) = 2 hits. Edge reroll = 2 hits for a total of 4.

Jeeze. invisible castle hates me today...
Gloin
Fix's Perception Check: 3 Hit
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ May 27 2012, 09:09 PM) *
Jeeze. invisible castle hates me today...

No worries. otherrealm seems t be liking you. All I seem to be seeing is 1s lately. go fig.
fistandantilus4.0
Gloin, I'm assuming you're holding your action until either Dingo or Nix gives you a shoot/no shoot in game?
Gloin
Pretty much, but if it comes into clear range for my shotgun first then he's taking the shot. Note: it is currently loaded with stick & shock rounds.
Gloin
Once he gets a clear sight, Fix takes the shot: Agil (6) + Longarms(5) + Aim(2) + Smartgun(2) = 3 Hits
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012