Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legacy - OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
rob
Just a post to keep this this from dropping away.
Redjack
I think Fisty has given up pbp with the new babies and work...
Mickle5125
saaad day. Well, I'll be sitting back and keeping an eye out for if he picks this back up.
rob
In the grand scheme of things, I ain't goin' anywhere (at least, not anywhere so far that I can't keep an ear out), so I figger I'll just keep an ear open and wait fo rfisty to either push the ball forward or bow out.

But I've been missing for longer periods of time, so I don't suppose we're hitting a deal breaker to me.
Redjack
Fisty - Any time to kick this back up? Maybe a post or two a week?
rob
Please?
Mickle5125
pretty please?
Mickle5125
Welcome back, Fisty
Redjack
Yea!! Welcome back! Glad to get this game going again.
fistandantilus4.0
We have a gent by the name of Gem who's looking to join in. Before I get into details with him on the what and where, I wanted to check with you three on if you're open to having another player.

Personally I try to keep these games at three, four players at the most. I wouldn't have added anyone else, but he is brand spanking new here, so I wanted to give the guy a chance.
Mickle5125
good source for learning... an expert GM, two very experienced players, and me? what more could you ask for?

"Well, Mickle, I'd start with a seven foot tall pile of gold, a mansion full of beautiful women..."
fistandantilus4.0
See, already you're showing your inexperience. Try for an IRA with a good rate started when you were 18, instead of the usual 40+. And what would you do with a mansion full of beautiful women? Just think of how much of a bitch fest that would become. Cat fight becomes Cat Battle. One of my favorite quotes from GTA III:"A women should be a saint in the home and a whore in the bedroom." biggrin.gif
rob
I'm cool with a new guy, at your discretion Fisty.
Redjack
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Mar 19 2009, 11:34 AM) *
We have a gent by the name of Gem who's looking to join in.
I'm ok with new blood. Of course, we need to be upfront that if he wigs out or disappears, his character bears the brunt of that. Otherwise, I would definitely welcome a London native.
fistandantilus4.0
Mickle?
Mickle5125
oh! totally forgot to include the words "Yeah, I'm cool with it" in my last post. oops.

Yeah, I'm cool with it.
fistandantilus4.0
Good job. biggrin.gif

Alright Gem, we're at the meet point still, so this would be the best point to come in. Bust out a character ASAP please. There guys know my guidelines for making characters (Mickle can probably tell you better that I can right now:D ). Feel free to make the character someone that would be useful in this line of work, but don't design him just for this type of run. This is the second one for this team, and there could well be more.
fistandantilus4.0
K guys we need to get some more posts up. I don't want to get stuck in the meet.
rob
I'm good. Caliph can't do anything at this stage, as this kind of thing isn't where his expertise lies.

Rob, however, will be in Louisiana on an exercise for the next 3 weeks. I should have intermittent access, but less time.
Redjack
Most weekdays are getting crazy for me. Up till 2am working production issues the last two nights. Oh, and for the record, I started the week in Louisiana.
Mickle5125
my weekdays are going to be getting pretty hellish in a week's time, too. start a new job with a 4am to 4pm shift with classes afterwards for 3 out of 5 days. Should be fun, no?

but it shouldn't hurt my posting rate too badly. No fears, mates.
rob
Back from exercises in Louisiana. Thought I'd've had some time to check in. I was wrong.

v/r
rob
rob
Finally got around to editing Caliph's character sheet with all the stuff he picked up from the last run. Cleaned out and reorganized his stuff a lot, and put all of the weapon and vehicle modifications in a sensible place on the notes page.

Should give some relative clue as to how and where he carries all the crap that he goes along with.
Redjack
"Check.. Mike check.. 1 - 2 -3... Check..."
Mickle5125
a thousand apologies, comrades. Unfortunately, between the 60 hour work weeks that start at 4am every day and the classes afterward, I'm having a lot of trouble finding time to sleep, much less post reliably. Good news is that, in 2 weeks time, all of it ends. Bad news is that, until those 2 weeks are over, my free time is... minimal, at best.

I'll try to get a post up tomorrow. Brief overview of the post is as follows: Since Dingo doesn't really have anything else to add, he'll run a trace on the other two, then send them a location that's equidistant from them and him, as well as an introductory phrase to identify themselves and will tell them to meet him there a little while afterward the matrix meeting ends.
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry, it's been a busy, sleep lacking time for me as well. Back though! smile.gif Sorry I suck.
Redjack
Oh hell... He didn't just try to trace out the uber paranoid duo with super-killer hacker running over-watch..... Yes he did..

Ok... Time to get a new team-hacker. This one is about to be pudding... nyahnyah.gif
Mickle5125
maa... Dingo can hold his own... usually...

Doesn't magic get weaker when used against heavily cybered individuals?
Redjack
Only healing.... And the F8 Storm Spirit with Energy Aura is just nasty against cyber-ware.
Mickle5125
ouch
Redjack
Truth be told, big spirits are usually too flashy for Nix. He prefers much more subtle approaches. wink.gif
rob
I was wondering how on earth you could have possibly thought that tracing us was a good idea, or would get you anywhere, but I was savoring the moment of bringing that up IC before RJ dropped the dime.

Like, asking is so much easier...
Mickle5125
ehh... paranoia amongst teammates has never been a big issue with Dingo.
fistandantilus4.0
I finished rolling Spider's redirect.... then his own trace, and Dingo's Firewall against Spider's hack ....
Should be interesting.
Mickle5125
dag... and I neglected to declare routine scans... ah well. would be metagaming now, I suppose...
fistandantilus4.0
Yup. Live and learn. Hopefully. smile.gif
rob
Don't take it personal, it's us being in character. At least the meeting between the characters will be ever the more fun to RP
Mickle5125
well... running with you guys will lead to a greater degree of paranoia for Dingo, too.

On a side note... didn't we have a fourth with us?
fistandantilus4.0
Nope.

Caliph and Nyx were the dynamic duo. They got screwed via the matrix on their last run and amped their paranoia levels considerably because of it.
fistandantilus4.0
Mickle, the trace on the line runs back to the city of Pheonix, in the PCC.
Mickle5125
in that case...

*goes back and deletes the "let's get together" message*
Redjack
Well... It would not be inconceivable that we are somewhere in the Pueblo.... If you are in Seattle, it does make the meet up more that a simple hop over though...
rob
Due to the little bit of lag, I need to make sure I'm doing right. Nix and Caliph are driving around I-95 and I-90 in Caliph's truck, killing time and remaining moving. Caliph's been logging on through his throwaway link on the local commo net. Nix has been doing whatever he's doing.

Caliph is just resetting all of his connections and dropping everything extraneous. Since he doesn't know what's compromised, he's switching over to the SATCOM and dropping off the gridguide. Nix, if he's been using the vehicle, will be dropped; otherwise he won't notice.
fistandantilus4.0
Got it rob. RJ, it was my understanding that Nix is somewhere in Seattle as well. Mickle is being screwed with.

Mickle, I haven't forgotten your data search. It's coming. smile.gif
Redjack
Yes. Nix' true location is in Caliph's truck in Seattle.
fistandantilus4.0
OK thought so. Good beans.

Goin back over the OOC, we did hae RavensMuse, but apparently he was done waiting on me. *embarassed face*
Redjack
Ok. Mickle, you realize we are gonna play this to the hilt? nyahnyah.gif
We won't actually kill Dingo, but we are gonna play it to the 9's for a while.. hehehhehe
Mickle5125
yeah yeah... play it out. Dingo broke etiquette. He deserves it.

Just a warning, though. Dingo's pretty laid back until he feels overly threatened. Then he goes for his knives.
fistandantilus4.0
Mickle
[ Spoiler ]

Mickle5125
fisty
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012