Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legacy - OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
rob
Just some notes on leads, that I/we might want to follow up in this conversation:

1. Background of the missing person. Right now we know he's an eccentric recluse when he's in England but likes to move about the world snarfing up paracritters. Johnson talked up Society Ties, so we need more details on those.
1.a. He's a lord, so he should be in some who's who book somewhere.
1.b. Family has a history of distrusting the police.
1.c. The land itself might mean something, depending on how long it's been in the family.
2. Background of the client. Client and uncle, by his account, are 'close.' Does that get backed up? Would the uncle say the same thing?
2.a. Jokes about inheritance? Does the uncle have a will or power of attorney with anyone?
2.b. Family biz is conducted by elder sister, but they don't want us to talk to fam yet.
3. Family politics? Family has enemy, uncle has rivals.
3.a. Uncle is learned man in paranimals... anything published? Anything in the paranimal community?
4. The estate
4.a. Get a layout from the client
4.b. Get a layout and AAR from the last chumps
4.c. Records of movement? Plane ticket?
4.d. Something to track the uncle by (ritual sorcery or a scent trail for me)
Redjack
Intuition(5) + Assensing(3) + Aura(2) + Sustaining(-2)
Jack: [5,5,5,1,3,3,6,3] = 4 hits
McGwire: [6,2,6,1,6,4,3,1] = 3 hits

I think Caliph has a pretty good list of starting questions. I'll wait till we have some of the answers before adding more, wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry for the long lapse guys. Been very busy with a work schedule change (on graves now) and the holidays. I'll be back on more commitedly in a few days.

Xmas bribe of 5 karma
Assensing:
Jack - Human Mundane. He most definitely is not human, so he's doing something with his aura.
McGwire - No magic to speak of, slightly lower than normal essence, speaking of some minor augmentations. Seems in a rather genial mood. Likes talking shop.
Mickle5125
Concealing self somewhat:
Shadowing/Disguise: Intuition(5) - defaulting(1) = 2 hits
OR (uncertain which you'd want)
Infiltration: Agility (7) - defaulting(1) = 0 hits (ouch!)

Watching O'Malleys:
Visual Perception: Intuition(5) + Perception(4) + Visual(2) + vision enhancer(3) = 3 hits

Watching out for himself:
Visual Perception: same as above = 7 hits (guess self-preservation is first and foremost to him. Whoda thunk it?)

Providing Matrix Overwatch for TeamNet:
Matrix Perception: Computer (4) + Analyze (6) = 3 hits

Matrix search for other runners:
Data Search: Datasearch(4) + Browse (6) = 22 hits over 5 minutes
fistandantilus4.0
Are we done ?
Mickle5125
no clue. My own situation is completely undiscussed yet, but it's not quite as important as what's going on inside the tavern. After all, if nothing happens on my end, then nothing untoward happens, which would be pleasant, no?
fistandantilus4.0
your answer is only being delayed because they're talking while you're searching. IOW, there's a few minutes of searching in game, so I'm waiting to post your results.
Redjack
Ok. I'm striving to get work/life balance back and hoping to get back to a post every 1 - 1.5 weeks. How are things with you guys?
Mickle5125
well, spring break starts friday and lasts a week, the weekend after that is a small gaming convention at SIUC that I'm working, so the next couple weeks might be a little busy for me, but I'll still be checking up on DS.
fistandantilus4.0
RL has been kicking my trash lately but I think I can start dedicating more time to this. I'm very sorry that I've left this one sitting sorry for the drop off guys. Two months with no word is pretty inexcusable. I apologize.
I can get this running again if everyoen is up for it. Let me know when you all have time.
Mickle5125
it happens to all of us, the whole "real life getting in the way of our gaming" thing. Glad to hear you're still around though, Fisty.
Redjack
Welcome back. I've been fighting RL tooth and nail myself.
Redjack
Sorry bout that post there Fisty, I wanted a good post to get you back into the posting spirit. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I'll try and take some time at work tonight to write this up and post it. Lately when I'm on DS, it's all this mod crap. Would be nice for some of that peace and quiet again.

Sorry for the delay guys. i'll get it up ASAP. (hopefully that means "soon")
Redjack
Please refresh my memory. Did we promise the orks a fee or the Johnsons?
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Apr 14 2010, 10:03 PM) *
Please refresh my memory. Did we promise the orks a fee or the Johnsons?

fistandantilus4.0
No you didn't. smile.gif The j's took care of travel expenses but as I recall, they cut the costs they charged from your pay. The ork/prior running team you asked to speak with . There was no discussion of payment either way. The J just said he would have them there to talk to you.
Redjack
Another month gone by... If it was only the game and not real life...
fistandantilus4.0
Haven't seen hide nor hair or rob. you?
Redjack
Nope. I hope he is just slumbering as the game went into a coma.
fistandantilus4.0
Last time he logged in was in Feb.
Redjack
Wow... That's not good... I'd hate to lose Caliph. frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I see Mickle from time to time. I think he's waiting to see what's going on. But one short out of a three man team is quite a hit. Especially since it was Nyx and Caliph that survived from the first run.

fistandantilus4.0
I see Mickle from time to time. I think he's waiting to see what's going on. But one short out of a three man team is quite a hit. Especially since it was Nyx and Caliph that survived from the first run.

Redjack
Well... What are we gonna do?
fistandantilus4.0
I'll shoot out a roll call PM set and see where they're at, then we'll see where we're at.

We could play rock, paper, scissors until then.
Ready?
Rock!

*waits*
Redjack
Paper!

Paper covers scissors. Try again.
fistandantilus4.0
..... riiiiight
Still nothing on the tracker.
Redjack
Ok. Well I guess its getting close to decision time..
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah man, nothin'. Time to call it.

Do you want to dare the impossible dream, and take it on yourself? As it's written, it will be difficult, but I'll ease off of some things that wuold make it super overly difficult for one character. Just make good use of contacts. wink.gif
Redjack
While I would prefer to have my team, I will undertake a solo run rather than end the game. Perhaps the others will rejoin later... What will you do about them in the short term? Robot them? Withdraw them?
fistandantilus4.0
I hate running other people's characters honestly. Just makes me feel dirty. I htink I'll have Caliph off screen working on leg work and the like, with Mickel's hacker running mostly quiet on the side. They're there, more or less, just mostly off screen (not quite red shirts, more like blue). THat way there's the option of them coming back in.
Redjack
Ok then. Game on.
fistandantilus4.0
OK so where we left off, you'd gotten the informatiom from the previous team, and the scoop from the fixer. Where to next?
Redjack
Need that bullet to see what I can learn from it.
Redjack
Ok. Back from Gen Con. Give me a day or so now that my mind is off the con to post up. wink.gif
Redjack
Ok. Took me more than a few days. Trying to figure out how I want to go forward with just me and you posting.
fistandantilus4.0
Thread bump. Putting in a link for the OOC thread into the first post on the IC. Forgot to do that apparently
Redjack
Rob being last seen on the boards in February and Mickle not since June, I fear those guys are simply not returning. I hope that is because they moved on to bigger and better things rather than more dire issues.

If you are agreeable to replacing Dingo with Rocket, we can work that out in IC whenever you are ready. Will you be roboting Caliph or having Caliph do some sort of disappearing act? If the latter, should we consider replacing him? Having Rocket join Nix will insure I have the basic skill sets to survive the loss of of players so I'm not opposed to picking up some 'local muscle' if you wanted to add someone else(s) in while we continue to truck forward.
fistandantilus4.0
I really like the write up you did on Rocket. Did you want to run him? I can certainly add in a muscle man from your Best New Bud Jack, and on the cheap ( like ... free). Take some of the load off of you as well. But I do agree, at this point, I think we're going to have to roll ahead without Mickle and Rob.

As for the extra body, would you like to recruit a new player, or go it your own? Do you have a preference?
Redjack
No preferences on fodder- err... replacement characters. Recruit as you like or pull from the waiting list on my Puyallups recruitment thread.

Go ahead and write in Rocket as you are ready.
Redjack
I haven't had a character with a high lifestyle since Nico. I do miss your wife running that game. smile.gif
Redjack
GM, oh GM, where art though?
Redjack
*ping*
Redjack
*Listens to crickets*
Zyerne
*wanders in from Stage Left*

Are you still looking for an extra player?
fistandantilus4.0
Yes actually. Specifically a hacker to help RJ from having to play 2 characters or go it solo.
Redjack
Actually Fisty I'm all stoked to play Rocket. If we bring on one new player, I'd like somebody to stand beside Nix: A sam or an adept. Obviously your game/your call, but that's my preference.
Zyerne
Well, if it makes a difference, I haven't learned the 4e matrix rules yet but I do have a sam/adept concept I can work up. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Hey that's fine by me, since you're both in agreement.

To recap where we're at:
Hired to find out what has become of a mysterious reclusive nobleman who has dropped out of contact with his nephew, the only member of his estranged family who normally speaks with him. The previous team who tried to make contact in the manor home guarded by para critters was hit by heavy caliber rounds instead.

Currently, Nix is waiting on what was left of the bullet, and now a hacker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012