Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legacy - OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Zyerne
I think I've just made a mental leap that I possibly should have made earlier which will make replying to your last post a little easier.
Mickle5125
Dingo's allowed to be listening in, right? I'm assuming this is something that would have been worked out ahead of time.
Zyerne
The fact that Dingo is 'listening' proves her point really. Nix and Dingo's comms might be secure but she's damn sure hers isn't.

Also, gutting her comm would be bad.
Mickle5125
Dingo's just venting. He won't actually do anything of the sort. He will, however, poke his nose in there and make some upgrades when you're ok'd.

Also, he's listening in from the "human resources" side of the conversation
Zyerne
Just make sure he asks first. Alice has hacker issues.
fistandantilus4.0
Hey guys, sorry that this last month has taken up so much of my time. Just when I thought I'd get some freedom, I've got a mission coming out. I'm out for two weeks starting about the end of the month. Nothing big, just training, but I'll be out of contact ... again. And I'll be busy prepping for it all this week. Sucks having to keep saying you're sorry for the same thing. Hopefully when I get back RJ will have some free time too and we can get this rollig proper like.
Mickle5125
I'll be waiting, comrade. Come back safely!
Redjack
Work has really been sucking.
fistandantilus4.0
Alright, so ... back. Should be for a while now. No upcoming missions, that I'm aware of at least.

I see we're still pretty much stuck at the impasse. I'd hoped to move the game along, with, TBH, a little hand waiving. Honestly I hadn't counted quite so much on Nix's reasonable (given his circumstances) paranoia. What can I do to help move things along?
Mickle5125
clearly, the right answer is a spontaneous bar fight. Enemy of my enemy, and all that.

^_^

Or Dingo can walk all over Nix's authority and tell Cap'n Paranoia to put a cap on it so that we can get back to the rescuing of the rich old dude. Which, I imagine, would not make Nix happy At All.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Mar 17 2011, 05:48 PM) *
Or Dingo can walk all over Nix's authority and tell Cap'n Paranoia to put a cap on it so that we can get back to the rescuing of the rich old dude. Which, I imagine, would not make Nix happy At All.

Well since nothing else seems to be bumping it, maybe you should go with that.
Dingo as the voice of reason and all that. They already know that the last team got shot with some serious caliber rounds. Now they're missing the team gun enthusiast. That's a pretty serious lacking.
Redjack
I was figuring Nix could end the charade by simply returning to his vehicle and having Mingo tell Alice to come along.

FYI: Its been 2 weeks since Zyerne's last visit to the board.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm shooting her a PM and we'll see what she's up to. It's been this long, another couple of days shouldn't make much of a difference to have everyone on board.

RJ you're work any better? I should be on a more regular schedule for a while again.
Redjack
This week should bring me out of one time hole. Work is still crazy, but hopefully more manageable.
fistandantilus4.0
Fair enough.
Redjack
So... just tell me the plan for when/how we continue
fistandantilus4.0
Still no sign of Zye. Since holding up the game in the first place was my fault, we'll go with waiting until Friday to move one without her. Hate to have you short handed anyway. Go ahead and discuss what you want to do OOC in the mean time. Prep as normal.
Mickle5125
I know someone IRL who's been looking to get in on an online game. I can send him your way if she doesn't show, fisty.
fistandantilus4.0
I assume they know the game well enough? Because at this point, Zy hasn't logged in or received any messages in quite a while.
Mickle5125
He's the guy who introduced me to shadowrun, actually. Want that I should have him contact you?
Redjack
Let's do something. Any delays in a one-post-a-week game drags out quickly.
Mickle5125
There. Now we can move on while we wait for Z to reappear. Nix also has a chance to drop the disguise without losing his HR persona's privacy.
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry, been interseting at home last couple of days. Wife and kids sick. Yay. Anyway, still no word from Zy, hasn't even read the PM I shot her, so we're going to move on without.
rob
Hey all. Logged in for nostalgia's sake, and saw a post for this! Lemme lurk for a couple days while I figure out if RL will let me play, but it's awesome to see this thread!
Mickle5125
long time no see, rob!
Redjack
Wow! Talk about a blast from the past. It would be cool to have Caliph back.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (rob @ Apr 9 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Hey all. Logged in for nostalgia's sake, and saw a post for this! Lemme lurk for a couple days while I figure out if RL will let me play, but it's awesome to see this thread!

Great to see you man. Glad you're well. Thought you were out in the sand box somewhere.
fistandantilus4.0
Waiting on a response from Gloin on getting a character together atm.

You guys planning on moving forward, or recruiting first?
Mickle5125
Well, if it takes a few hours to get another meet and greet set up, Dingo might have gotten into the central node of the mansion by then. If so, he can be exploring for a bit while Nix does his paranoid shadowrunner thing and have a better idea of what's going on there at the mansion.
Redjack
Let's move forward. If we add someone, we'll add them mid game. I'd like to have a better backstory to drop them right into play that works with the paranoia level. wink.gif

fistandantilus4.0
I'm going to pick up Gloin as having his ork already having worked with Dingo a few times in order to make introductions a bit easier. Working the local shadows, has been in and out of the area for a few years, so they're familiar enough with each other and the locale to avoid a lot of poking around. I already have a character from Gloin, so just waiting for a quic kresponse post from Mickle to Nyx on the news and a contact connection for his ork's fixer.
Redjack
Not sure who Nyx is, but Nix is in play.
fistandantilus4.0
When we first started this game, I intended to have a number of different characters spell Knix differently. My own little running gag. Sadly it's ended up being mostly just me that spells it differently.

Besides, people that spell things the same every time lack creativity.

So I got a PM from Zyerne who has returned from the real life version of the sarlacc (yay geekness). I'd like to find a way to still be able to incorporate her despite paranoia and differences in approach. I'd rather be able to include everyone who's up for playing despite speed bumps.
Redjack
Whatever Phisty.
fistandantilus4.0
biggrin.gif

Oh Niks, you say the darndest things.
Gloin
Greetings all, happy to bring some shooty death to the 'table'. Though keep in mind, my character is not a B&E; has enough to not get shot, when behind cover, in the dark.
fistandantilus4.0
That's what armor is for.

Zy, you about?
Zyerne
Yup, I'm here.
fistandantilus4.0
OK we've got to work you back into this crew, so I'm working on how to do that. I'd love to get this game back on track with a feasible reason to include everyone within the story and character's framework.
Redjack
I'm ready to kick it up and rock forward.
fistandantilus4.0
Oi, ok, sorry guys. Been doing training for the next job we've got going on here that we're heading out for pretty quick. I'll be gone for about three weeks.

So here's what we're looking out: RJ and Mickle are set and in, with Gloin ready to drop in for the guns. Zy, I'm really not sure how to work you back in that won't clash directly with the dicsussion Alice and Nix just had. I have no idea but it's a bit of a hail marry and might require a bit of Suspension of Disbelief/Acceptance. Trying to include everyone and have it ready for when I get back.

I'd love to be more consistent once I get back. Sorry these last couple of weeks have been shitty.
Mickle5125
All the joys of being a responsible member of society, neh fisty?

I'll still be about when you get back.

As for working Zy in, if Dingo gets the feeling they'll need the extra firepower (IE: he sees something in the mansion's node that tweaks his limited paranoia), he'd try to smooth ruffled feathers.
fistandantilus4.0
I have something in mind along those lines. Just more ... immediate.

Zy, RJ, Mick, you all good to post tomorrow?
Mickle5125
tomorrow morning I am. I'll be afk all afternoon into the night, though, but I'll try to get something posted the following morning, if needed.
fistandantilus4.0
I can get some posting going but I need to know that Zy is about as well.
fistandantilus4.0
Well I had hoped for more but I suppose I only have myself to blame. I'll be out of contact until after the first week of June. From that point we'll get rolling. Guys, again, very sorry that training and work has gotten this thing so tied up. Thanks for being persistent.
Gloin
No problem dude, kick ass and duck.
Redjack
see you in June.
Redjack
Hey! Its June!
Redjack
Are we ready to kick it back up?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012