Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lurker's SR5 Review
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jun 23 2013, 08:04 AM) *
Actually there is a spell in Digital Grimoire that basically turned a foci 'off'

Disrupt [Focus] (Direct)
Type: M • Range: LOS • Damage: Special • Duration: I • DV: (F÷2) – 1
This spell channels magical energy into disrupting an active
magical focus, dealing temporary damage to its astral form.
A focus that receives damage equal to its Force from this spell is
disrupted and becomes inactive; the magician bonded to the focus
cannot gain dice bonuses or any other benefit from the focus until
the focus is reactivated. A number of boxes of temporary damage
equal to the focus’s Force is “healed” at the beginning of the next
Combat Turn. The owner may spend a Simple action to reactivate
the focus when all damage is healed. Disrupting a sustaining focus
will also disrupt the spell it is sustaining. Astrally projecting magicians
whose foci become disrupted cannot reactivate them until
their astral form rejoins their physical body.
Disrupt [Focus] is designed to target a specific type of focus:
Disrupt Weapon Focus, Disrupt Anchoring Focus, Disrupt
Spellcasting Focus, etc. The target of each spell is designated by
the spell formula. A stacked focus is affected by this spell if at least
one of its focus types matches that of the spell, but the damage
dealt by the spell must equal or exceed the combined Force of the
stacked focus to disrupt it.

Granted this was SR4, but would not be impossible to recreate for SR5 purposes

They have already said there is a ton of magic stuff that didn't make the main book but will be in a followup Magic book, so I expect we will see something there covering this.

Personally I think the recovery time for the above is a little quick, basically wait a turn or turn and it is back up.. I would have made it take longer to recover to make it more effective, like 1 force per hour unless a Mage with Assensing + Cleansing could go in to reset the item so to speak and cut the return time by successes or something.

I admit we were fous lite in 4e, but its an astral object why can't you just attack it? Focuses were always capable of being destoryed from the astral, did they actually take that away?
Falconer
No foci were not always astrally destructible. They could have their *PHYSICAL* forms destroyed as appropriate. (making a foci out of paper bad idea when the fireball spells are flying).

SR4 never addressed the topic at all.

Huge adept nerf as well... you know that nifty force 8 artifact katana you so prize. Yean it was ripped to shreds by an astral attacker you couldn't see when you activated it... cross that off your equipment list it's garbage now.

I'm 100% behind you can deactivate a focus from the astral... but not destroy it unless you can also destroy it's physical form. That's somewhat akin to BGC type rules.. the focus walks in loses it's magical abilities... goes outside and the physical form of the focus starts to reshape the ambient mana to get the benefits again once it's reactivated with a simple action.

The reason foci were shunned in prior editions was grounding. And even that was a joke... grounding was rarely if ever a threat to the mage. (spell pool to counterspell... . plus going through the focus put big penalties on the spell itself making it even easier to resist). So an active foci was generally a threat to the rest of the team around the mage but rarely to the mage himself. I far more often saw grounding abused horribly as a way for a purely astral mage to attack purely mundane characters he could otherwise not affect at all except to merely watch them and then be unable to talk to the rest of his team while doing so.... since he'd need to go to them and manifest to report.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Jun 23 2013, 10:34 AM) *
No matter the situation, waving a gun around solved the problem. The pistols skill really covers a lot of ground,
Yep, regular swiss army knife

it helps them hide,
*waves gun under the nose of an onlooker* You didn't see squat, got it?

it helps them charm people
*coughs* Stockholm Syndrome *coughs*

it even can open astral gateways.
ehhh..... well 2 out of 3 ain't bad wink.gif

Yup street sams needed to be taken down a peg by some good old fashioned revenge of the nerds action.
That's MISTER Nerd to you. nyahnyah.gif

Or basially I agree. Risk is effing huge and my reward is I can get the base benefits back and now almost go as fast as the mage. With the new initiative system I really wish they had cut down on boosts outside of ware and phsyical adept powers. Going fast was kind of a street sams thing, and it got taken away and given to a mage.

Ok, ok.. kidding aside...

Have not seen enough on all the cyber yet to say final on this, but I would not rule out Tech entirely.

The tools and the talent to go with them never stops and its constantly evolving.

From miniguns to lasers and more, the toys will get shinier and the street Sammy will be there to bring down the Tech Hammer on those who stand in his way.

It may take some adapting of what we are used to and think of the role, but when the chips are down, I know the Sammy is the rock upon which we rest.

Unless your a psycho troll who trips all the alarms and shoots the hostage, then I will fry and brainwipe you myself. nyahnyah.gif

And honestly? If the mages benefits are still bothering you, get yourself a mage buddy and have him keep whatever you want sustained on so you get the best of both worlds.

Irion
@Falconer
First of all even in 4.01 there were a lot of spells, where force was mostly a limit for the hits you could get. Take Combat Sense as one example.
Another item not addressed in the rules is whether you can choose to 'cap' your magical ability. I have magic 6 and 8 successes. Can I choose to only apply 6 of them to the task at hand and ignore the rest keeping the drain stun. In SR4.5 this was an option, you rolled them but did not have to use them.

This would be a VERY bad idea. It would totally remove the thread of overcasting. Like it is now you can make a bet but at least you can loose. If it stays stun no matter what....
And considering who the related paragraph is worded I would say you can't.

Quite frankly. It strikes me that what one hand giveth the other taketh away quite severely in SR5 so far. We got skill ranges doubled... but then the attribute limits completely eviscerated any benefits of it. You can't have say a grizzled old mechanic of average mental ability but with a phenomenal 12 ranks in mechanics be really effective because he'll always bump into his caps because the attributes both add dice and set the caps... so attribute improvement is always preferable over skill improvement. This magic/drain thing only enforces the same paradigm on mages as well if this is the case.

Thats something I very much like, because it makes sense. If your Hands starte to shake and you are not that "smart" anymore you sometimes can't get the full out of your skill, but you still have your skill. Take the aged samurai warrior. A master swordsman but he lacks the speed and the agility of his younger apprentice. So if if his apprentice uses his skills to the maximum of his abilities he beat would be the old warrior. But due to the much lower skill, he mostly can't do that. But sometimes the oldtimer sees what the youngling wants to do, but his body is just too slow (hit physical cap). Ah, when he was young. From a realistic point of view this is great. And it is a major improvement over SR 4.01 where every char which should be able to do anything needed at least 6 in the connected Attribute.

Personally, I think the rigger/decker split is a mistake. Riggers are the natural way for a decker to exert combat influence... doesn't mean they have to go whole hog but the ability to steal drones on demand as well as having some basic skills to use them is scary. Riggers still need to worry about matrix security, now even more so than ever, so riggers are already forced to be deckers.

The problem here is, that the rigger as an archetype is completly differen from the hacker. What SR 4 did was kill the rigger or actually make the hacker better in his job. If I would to write fan fiction rigger and hacker would never be the same person.

Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Irion @ Jun 23 2013, 10:01 AM) *
Thats something I very much like, because it makes sense. If your Hands starte to shake and you are not that "smart" anymore you sometimes can't get the full out of your skill, but you still have your skill. Take the aged samurai warrior. A master swordsman but he lacks the speed and the agility of his younger apprentice. So if if his apprentice uses his skills to the maximum of his abilities he beat would be the old warrior. But due to the much lower skill, he mostly can't do that. But sometimes the oldtimer sees what the youngling wants to do, but his body is just too slow (hit physical cap). Ah, when he was young. From a realistic point of view this is great. And it is a major improvement over SR 4.01 where every char which should be able to do anything needed at least 6 in the connected Attribute.

I had hoped that all limits were based on stats and only modified by gear and that would include spells having a stat based magic limit or something like hermetics use the mental limit, shamans use social. But I would have diminished attributes in some other way like 1/2 attribute for dice it provides to the pool. It would help model a common theme I like the old grandmaster vs the young talent, sure the grandmaster has 12 in blades but his limit is now 4 since he is old and weaker, the kid has a higher llimit but not miight not have great odds of getting past those 4 the master hits regularly.
Falconer
And that's where we disagree severely. In SR4 it was almost always preferable to raise attributes over skills.

Attributes gave full rating in dice to tons and tons of things...

In SR3 and prior... attributes gave you dice pools. But you had to spread that dice pool out over multiple passes in combat. Skill and only skill was rolled in full each and every test. A street sam in the old editions with 10 firearms... very scary... because he had 10 dice... plus a combat pool (he'd probably save for defending himself) he'd be tossing each and every attack. Out of combat generally people would spent the full pool + skill on a test... but in combat it wasn't an option generally (you'd need to keep the pool for defense if you weren't going all out on combat), or if you only had one IP and didn't need to worry about stretching it out.

SR4.. suddenly attributes added to tons of things. Each rank in the attribute always gave you a dice just like the skill and it gave it to multiple skills. It was involved in attribute only tests where there were no skills. It could be augmented up to twice as high as a skill could typically be. (rating 12 attribute was generally achievable nearly across the board with surged/cyber/qualities).

From a game mechanics POV attributes are the single most important item. It has nothing to do with the young buck vs old master. It's a lousy game mechanic.

Doubling the skill cap was a pointless gesture... as it's still preferable to have say 12 attribute and 6 skill! Since the limits are generally low... and things don't raise them that much... with that many dice you're going to rarely if ever run into problems with them... adding even more dice from higher skill is pointless.
Irion
@Shinobi Killfist
Well actually I like it that the lower limit tends to count. Does not matter how steady you hold your gun, if it shoots where it likes to shoot.

But I would have diminished attributes in some other way like 1/2 attribute for dice it provides to the pool.

Does not sound like a bad Idea. It would keep the dicepools small and give a focus on skills...

@Falconer
Thats why I agreed with Shinobi Killfist, that it would be a better if dicepools would be attribute/2+skill.
Samoth
Lurker, can you explain how cyberlimbs work now?
LurkerOutThere
I will try when I get back to my book if I remember corectly it's more or less identical to SR4A with some adjusted costs and nerf to cyber limb armor. But don't quote me until I give it another look
Mäx
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jun 23 2013, 06:51 PM) *
I will try when I get back to my book if I remember corectly it's more or less identical to SR4A with some adjusted costs and nerf to cyber limb armor. But don't quote me until I give it another look

Please post what they changed for cyberlimb armor when you get the chance, hopefully they didn't make it useless like some house rules bandied around.
Grinder
I'mn wondering if cyberlimb armor is WiFi enabled and can be hacked and disabled. rotfl.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jun 23 2013, 01:02 PM) *
I'mn wondering if cyberlimb armor is WiFi enabled and can be hacked and disabled. rotfl.gif

Depends, can the armor open up panels to allow for a tech to access the internals?

If so..... biggrin.gif

Grinder
All cyberware can be hacked. wobble.gif
Stahlseele
*hack hack hack*
gratulations sucker, you now suffer from glass bones!
Irion
Alright I have been whinning enough myself so now a serious question:

Honestly is this just whinning or is it really that bad?
Looking in the other threads it seems mystic adepts for sure and probably even mages got stronger.

And at the same time the made the SAM a joke?

Somehow it sounds like: If you want new SR rules you can play with, write them yourself...
binarywraith
QUOTE (Irion @ Jun 23 2013, 12:44 PM) *
Somehow it sounds like: If you want new SR rules you can play with, write them yourself...

Pretty much, yep. It really makes me wonder what the heck went on behind the scenes, especially with the amount of protestation that 'we playtested this stuff this time guys, really!' that has gone on... only to have major rules issues like the power point question for mystic adepts that made it all the way to print without notice.

I mean, I have every faith that the people who are writing this want to put out a game that people want to buy. I'm just starting to think that Catalyst doesn't have the right talent mix somehow to do it.
Shinobi Killfist
Until I get the book I can't say. Still overall I like a lot of things but have some specific bitches. Mystic adepts for one. Direct damage spells for another.(not mages just direct damage, they seem too weak compared to what else you can do with magic for the same drain.), the wireless thing(i'm not into the combat hacker thing but I can accept it as somethig others might find cool, but the risk/reward is way off IMO.), attributes are even more important than 4e(they should provide like 1/2 attrbutes to the pool, or go back to pools) and a couple other things i can't remember.
Stahlseele
Things like Dorfs without Thermo-Eyes and Trolls having to pay 50% more on Cyberware as well made it to print . .
Seriously makes me question how the quality control works.
It took how many minutes after releasing these files that we found these?

And they could not
a) have released them sooner
or
b) released the book to print later

so dumb mistakes like these could be fixed before print basically for free for them?
binarywraith
Hell, just lie to us, and say there's a problem with the printers, but out of the goodness of their hearts they've decided to put the PDF out early and let the fanbase pre-read for 'em.
Mäx
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 23 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Things like Dorfs without Thermo-Eyes and Trolls having to pay 50% more on Cyberware as well made it to print . .

Do you actually have the print copy?
As the preview aren't 100% the same stuff that went to printer as far as i understood dev comments, especially that Troll drawback shouldn't be in the print copy.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jun 23 2013, 09:19 PM) *
As the preview aren't 100% the same stuff that went to printer as far as i understood dev comments, especially that Troll drawback shouldn't be in the print copy.

Go here:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1235110
read from there. cry.
Aaron
QUOTE (Irion @ Jun 23 2013, 01:44 PM) *
Honestly is this just whinning or is it really that bad?

I woulnd't characterize it as whining, but there has been a lot of concern anout the vulnerability of devices. Most of the concern seems to stem from the assumption that hackers can raise an eyebrow and brick everything within a hundred yards. The truth is that while a hacker does have a chance of bricking a device in one shot, the overwhelming majority of the time it takes two or more Initiative Passes, which is plenty of time to switch off a wireless device under attack. Kinda like a sam has a chance of killing an enemy combatant in one shot, but the overwhelming majority of the time it takes two or more Initiative Passes.
Grinder
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jun 23 2013, 09:19 PM) *

He's from Germany and didn't attend Origins, thus the chances are slim.
Grinder
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 23 2013, 09:27 PM) *
I woulnd't characterize it as whining, but there has been a lot of concern anout the vulnerability of devices. Most of the concern seems to stem from the assumption that hackers can raise an eyebrow and brick everything within a hundred yards. The truth is that while a hacker does have a chance of bricking a device in one shot, the overwhelming majority of the time it takes two or more Initiative Passes, which is plenty of time to switch off a wireless device under attack. Kinda like a sam has a chance of killing an enemy combatant in one shot, but the overwhelming majority of the time it takes two or more Initiative Passes.

If it works out that way, it would be cool. My main concern remains the balance mages/ adepts vs. mundanes, though.
Irion
So it is basically a lot of small stuff, which would easy fit into one errata.

I liked the Priority System in the beginning, but I start to ask my self why not go with Karma-Gen first. That would be the direct way. You do not have to worry about different costs in Chargen and in the Game hell due to the way the costs for skills are calculated you would not even need to worry about max. skill raitings because raising your skill too high would get to expensive anyway. Just build a conservative System and you do not need to worry about crap. (The only misstake you could make is making qualities to expensive or too cheap. And changing that would require you only to change one number...

I mean yeah, if you are somewhere in antarctica and fighting a decker-penguin in the service of his lordship the king penguin sure....
Aaron
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jun 23 2013, 02:30 PM) *
If it works out that way, it would be cool. My main concern remains the balance mages/ adepts vs. mundanes, though.

While a magician does have a chance of taking out an enemy in one shot, the overwhelming majority of the time it takes two or more Initiative Passes.

=i)
Rubic
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jun 23 2013, 03:25 AM) *
You know who is always being overlooked in ALL the editions? The Cooks.

Yes, that's right... Cooks.

We have tons of newly Awakened critters out there and can you find a decent Behemoth Gumbo (feeds 150) out there or Hellhound sausages (the ultimage Hot Dog!) anywhere??

And look at the poor ghouls. I admit they can not cook that meat, but would it be so bad to maybe use a marinade?

This is the real reason the future is so damn dark and depressing.

I think we have our next April 1st release...

... on the other hand, I wouldn't mind having some mention of costs and effectiveness of including Orichalcum filigree or sub-paneling for cyberlimbs, in case a street sam just wants to haul off and smack a spirit down bare-knuckle. ("Wait, my gun's not..? Fine, let's do this Redmond-style, extra boot!") You can even do this with Impact Gloves, using Orichalcum powder/panels as part of the filling. Orichalcum bullets, as well, would be an expensive but effective way of bypassing ItNW.
Stahlseele
no, orichalcum does not help with bypassing ITNW
hermit

How exactly does bricking work? Is it an extended test, does it work by a damage monitor? Also, what, if anything other than disabling his cyberware (extra fun with eyes and limbs in a combat situation!), can the cybered character do to defend himself against enemy matrix attacks?

And for the mage analogy, does bricking require physical line of sight? In other words, does a hacker have to be physically present to brick equipment, like a mage has to be when casting spells?
Sendaz
QUOTE (Rubic @ Jun 23 2013, 02:52 PM) *
I think we have our next April 1st release...

Could do it as an updated Man vs. Food Show, and heavy on the Versus. nyahnyah.gif
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 23 2013, 04:00 PM) *
How exactly does bricking work? Is it an extended test, does it work by a damage monitor? Also, what, if anything other than disabling his cyberware (extra fun with eyes and limbs in a combat situation!), can the cybered character do to defend himself against enemy matrix attacks?

And for the maga analogy, does bricking require physical line of sight?

Aparently he can link it to the deckers deck(is there a technomancer equiv?) so they have to beat the deckers rig to get to him. And hell his comlink can be a pretty high rating device. But it does not seem like much on his own. And I want more bricking information, is it quick to do, is it total replace, or just the mechanical equiv to first aid to get it back online? If its totally bricked, that hurts a character more than being dropped into phsyocal overflow.
hermit
"Bricking" implies it is destroyed. However, vehicles that were destroyed were salvageable too, for a stiff price. Arguably it can be salvaged, more or less, but probably at a stiff price.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 23 2013, 04:06 PM) *
"Bricking" implies it is destroyed.

Implies yes, but terms get misused all the time.
Rubic
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 23 2013, 03:06 PM) *
"Bricking" implies it is destroyed.

Pretty much. If you "brick" a cyberlimb, you'd need to have it replaced entirely. That 200k that you sunk into state-of-the-art reflex enhancers, cyberlimbs, and sensory inputs is now only worth the price a scrap dealer can melt it down for. THAT is bricking someone's gear. Imho, not something it's worth risking to get 2 extra dice.
Stahlseele
if that's true . . how the hell does shit like that fly with freelancers, devs and other people?
Daedelus
If I recall correctly from other posts I have read a "bricked" item can be repaired. Whether or not this is cost effective I do not know. Perhaps someone can enlighten us on the repair rules so that we can speculate less.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Rubic @ Jun 23 2013, 04:14 PM) *
Pretty much. If you "brick" a cyberlimb, you'd need to have it replaced entirely. That 200k that you sunk into state-of-the-art reflex enhancers, cyberlimbs, and sensory inputs is now only worth the price a scrap dealer can melt it down for. THAT is bricking someone's gear. Imho, not something it's worth risking to get 2 extra dice.

If they actually mean brick and are not misusing the term that is just lame. Other than death it is probably the biggest hit a character can take. Way too small of a reward for that risk. How exactly is it done, does all cyber come with a self-destruct command or something. You'd think you could do the rquievelant of wipe or replace the drives and install a new operating system and get going again.
tasti man LH
I think it was something like bricked items can be repaired, but it's at no extra cost to do so.

Although I'm not sure if having a tool kit/shop/facility is still necessary to do so, but then again what kind of street sam WOULDN'T take the Cybertechnology skill and have a Cyber Tool Kit at hand?
Critias
QUOTE (Rubic @ Jun 23 2013, 02:14 PM) *

That is not the case. That is not how bricking works. Please stop assuming/saying that it is.

Since many of you don't know how hard or easy it is to hack something, don't know how hard or easy it is to resist that hacking, and (now, clearly) don't even know what happens when a thing gets hacked...maybe you should calm down, instead of continuing to work yourselves into a frenzy like this?
Stahlseele
The ones that did not have the ressources left to procur said items and skills in chargen.
If this is a must have, then it has to come basically free for people who use cyberware.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (tasti man LH @ Jun 23 2013, 04:23 PM) *
I think it was something like bricked items can be repaired, but it's at no extra cost to do so.

Although I'm not sure if having a tool kit/shop/facility is still necessary to do so, but then again what kind of street sam WOULDN'T take the Cybertechnology skill and have a Cyber Tool Kit at hand?

Well the assumption before was it was a trained meidcal skill, not something you poked at with a screwdriver. So yeah I suspect most street sams either did not have the skill or had it at a low level. Now under this new model I can see a lot of Sams doing it, but I think logic probably isn't high on their stat preference list and working on yourself probably has penalties so it is probably a good idea to get someone else to do it.
Irion
@Shinobi Killfist
So somebody else gets it. I mean the hermetic mage was not a bad choice to pick up the cybertechnology group. (First aid, medicine and cybertechnology as a bonus)
Aaron
QUOTE (Rubic @ Jun 23 2013, 03:14 PM) *
Pretty much. If you "brick" a cyberlimb, you'd need to have it replaced entirely.

Wherever did you get that idea?
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Irion @ Jun 23 2013, 04:30 PM) *
@Shinobi Killfist
So somebody else gets it. I mean the hermetic mage was not a bad choice to pick up the cybertechnology group. (First aid, medicine and cybertechnology as a bonus)

Yup hermetic or decker are good choices. But honestly I'd never trust the decker. The way people talk on the forums the decker is about as trustworthy as the stereotypical thief in early editions of D&D.

Heck a decent street doc contact with high loyalty isn't a bad choice either.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Jun 23 2013, 03:28 PM) *
Well the assumption before was it was a trained meidcal skill, not something you poked at with a screwdriver. So yeah I suspect most street sams either did not have the skill or had it at a low level. Now under this new model I can see a lot of Sams doing it, but I think logic probably isn't high on their stat preference list and working on yourself probably has penalties so it is probably a good idea to get someone else to do it.

If a bricking action is not instant, how noticeable is this attack prior to the final bricking? If the Sammy's arm starts flipping out, could a team hacker dive in to engage the enemy hacker?

Having this image of two deckers ducking it out in the Sammy Cyberarm fighting for control. nyahnyah.gif

Epicedion
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 23 2013, 03:34 PM) *
Wherever did you get that idea?

The phrase "brick" means, quite basically in the language of tech, "to turn into a brick." It's a little easier to say than "paperweight." It means to reduce something into a nonfunctioning object, a permanently destroyed piece of junk that you have to replace.

See: doorstop.

If that's not what they mean, a better word needs to be used.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jun 23 2013, 04:36 PM) *
If a bricking action is not instant, how noticeable is this attack prior to the final bricking? If the Sammy's arm starts flipping out, could a team hacker dive in to engage the enemy hacker?

Having this image of two deckers ducking it out in the Sammy Cyberarm fighting for control. nyahnyah.gif

Wasn't there something about a stun baton being used to attack the matrix actions somehow. Give yourself a shock arm and light it up when both deckers are in there, and say oops sorry party decker didn't know you were in my arm.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Jun 23 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Wasn't there something about a stun baton being used to attack the matrix actions somehow. Give yourself a shock arm and light it up when both deckers are in there, and say oops sorry party decker didn't know you were in my arm.

*street Sammy repeatedly punching himself in the face while the rest of the team looks on*

*confused enemy decker across the street looking at his own team* I'm not doing that, I got dumped.

*team decker evil grins* Shock me will you eh?

But he does have a point.. I would try to have a manual cut out to shut something down before permanent damage could occur if that was an option. Just make sure nobody else knows about that switch.
hermit
Since many of you don't know how hard or easy it is to hack something, don't know how hard or easy it is to resist that hacking, and (now, clearly) don't even know what happens when a thing gets hacked...maybe you should calm down, instead of continuing to work yourselves into a frenzy like this?

Well, for my part, I was hoping someone would clarify the issues present, which is why I followed up on Aaron's post (which was not very helpful) with my request. Sorry about the comment on bricking though.
Irion
In general I do not get how you can even find cyberware. I mean if this tech is on the streat, you will probably find a lot of cyberware. How can a decker choose the right one?

Thats like the needle in the haystack.

I mean when I first got my wlan router I had to search half a min to just find my fucking network.

It is not like it has an ID like "Arm of the guy who wants to punch you"...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012