Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Uncaring Stars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Jack_Spade
Which talent?

Social test: 6d6t5 4
Thanee
I would assume Etiquette, since that's where he has 6d6.

Nice roll, BTW! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Oh I rolled 4 with 15 dice so yes very nice roll.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jun 30 2020, 03:02 PM) *
Which talent?

Social test: 6d6t5 4

That is Ettiquette. I get 8 if I go for intimidation.
Volker
Two questions, before I can post bnc's reply:

1) Can I find any online headware on Rabe? I'd assume that most if it is either fried or at least turned off. Can I find something? Especially, does he feature a biomonitor?

2) From her medical assessment, would a medkit rating 6 under Nova's care be sufficient to bring him into the Valkyrie? Or else, would the stuff in the Lazarus combo do? I assume that with hemosynth, the Savior medkit and the Stim, we should be pretty capable of moving him, but I'd rather you confirm what bnc assesses, as she has more data and more knowledge.
First Aid: 13d6t5 7
medicine: 10d6t5 3

and thanks for the rules on online gear! Do you know by heart in which book you found the rules about noice and wifi bonuses? I don't need any page references, just the book would be awesome. Thanks!
Thanee
I doubt, that the Valkyrie Module can be removed (easily).

But is the autodoc mobile? There must be some way to move critical patients... wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
@Volker
The gear stuff is in core in the gear section wink.gif
1) no, nothing to be found online
2) It is possible even likely that you can get him safely into the VM (which isn't portable manually). Provided of course you aren't delayed or he suffers any additional damage.
3)This autodoc is not a mobile unit although the hospital certainly has some. The question is if you want to request one and possibly trigger an investigation that could topple your fake credentials.

4) one thing I forgot to mention to gilga's assensing were his qualities: spell resistance and arcane arrester. ( Away from books at the moment, might not be the right names)
Thanee
Okay, so our savior medkit will have to keep him stable.

But we should at least get him on a stretcher, right?

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
So in that case Petrify should still work. How high does Anna estimates his body attribute? Because she should be able to overcome a few extra resistance dice.
Jack_Spade
He is a dwarf with bod 7
BGC here is 4
Gilga
So -4 to cast, and minimum force of 11 resistance with about 11-13 dice. Does not seem like a very good option to go. Let's stick to medkits.
Thanee
Ok, so savior medkit it is, and you can keep an eye on him and use your magic, in case of emergency, maybe. If the BGC is in the location, it might be easier outside, also.

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
I was wondering where the complication was going to start smile.gif
Volker
Have they already left the limo?
Did bnc notice them with her Munin?
How many combat rounds do I have for stuff like placing marks, matrix perceptions, matrix searches, and stuff?
Jack_Spade
They arrived and just exited the car. Walking across the empty lot to enter the building will take something like 10 to 15 seconds - unless Sharkboy manages to distract them.
SquirrelDude
Con or Ettiquette, either way it's 11 dice with the wireless bonus from his suit. Not sure what the situational modifiers might be, if any.

Etiquette/Con [5]: 11d6t5 4
Thanee
I guess those are not going to use Con to get inside. Either brute force or maybe Intimidate. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
Can we get back to the reception area without the security guy? Or does everything require those keyfob?
Thanee
Why do you want to go to the reception area?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
That's where the personal effects are for you to collect... sarcastic.gif
Thanee
Ok, that makes sense. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 4 2020, 05:35 PM) *
Why do you want to go to the reception area?

Bye
Thanee

That was directed at Jack actually, as a GM question.
Jack_Spade
Yes, you can't move unsupervised inside the building and need someone to open doors for you
Crossbow
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jul 5 2020, 02:10 AM) *
Yes, you can't move unsupervised inside the building and need someone to open doors for you

At least not without revealing our ghost in the machine. smile.gif
Volker
Haha, dudes, today I dreamed about you ^^

We met in RL rather than online. Another player (who is someone from my RL) had posted some post containing physical and sexual violence, so we held a kind of tribunal in which we decided not to play with him any more.
Fun part: Two of you were girls, I think it was Thanee and SquirrelDude. Thanee was hot, Squirrel (or whoever she was) not so much ^^ and Jack looked exactly like his old shadowruntabletops avatar ^^
Jack_Spade
Bah, I wished I looked like Karl Urban rotfl.gif
Crossbow
Okay, so I need to know how you want to do this Jack.

Taurus is going to attack the orc. I want to TRY and knock him out without killing him. But I have this bone lacing that I am not sure I can do anything about that. I think the only way I can do that is subdual and then squeeze him out. If that is true that is what I will go for, otherwise, this would be a suckerpunch/headbutt type of attack.

I am guessing you will want initiative and a attack check, correct?
Jack_Spade
A bit sudden, but ok - you realize though, that there are cameras about, so you will cause an alert. Also, you haven't secured the gear of Rabe yet.

If you want to proceed with that, the orc roles for surprise
Surprise Test: 8d6t5 4
So he is not losing his defense.

You could use a called shot to half the physical damage (not recommended, because that would likely not knock him out), or you could spend a point of edge to gain the ability to perform a leg sweep maneuver, which always does stun damage (and knocks the opponent prone)

Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jul 5 2020, 09:33 PM) *
A bit sudden, but ok - you realize though, that there are cameras about, so you will cause an alert. Also, you haven't secured the gear of Rabe yet.

Yeah, I believe this is a really "not so smart" idea. biggrin.gif

We are in an intensive care unit, which will be monitored 24/7.

And seriously, as of now, the cops are on our side, if the trio is seeking to cause trouble (and if the behaviour of the woman outside is any indicator, they will).

Why would you want to turn that advantage around? wobble.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
Because we have the drop on him now, or I thought I did. Alerts and cameras are not really an issue if bnc can do her thing. He has no reason to trust us over the other group, and right now Shark Boy is isolated with the opposition and we need to get the personal effects in the reception area.

Not spending edge, the subdual attack isn't stun damage?

i
Thanee
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Jul 5 2020, 09:54 PM) *
Alerts and cameras are not really an issue if bnc can do her thing.

They will be an issue (quite immediately), since you did not tell us what you are going to do, and therefore bnc can do absolutely nothing to prevent it as everyone will be taken by surprise (and not in a good way), much like the guard.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
@Crossbow
Subdue attack works - but your initial attack only immobilizes the target. Only after that is done you can do damage - leaving the guard free to use mental actions, like calling for help through his trodes.
Crossbow
Okay, teamwork thing then, I will change the post. frown.gif
Gilga
What did I miss the post where Taurus goes violent?
SquirrelDude
Does/can bnc take control of the car from where she is?

If she can't operate the car from where she's at he'll 'fail' to get past security and return to put his things in the car once the two muscle have followed the elf inside. Then he'll move the car to the back, hopefully having stalled enough so that everyone is ready to leave. If bnc can move the car on her own, I'll be editing my post to include sharkboy making a call to the "driver" (bnc), telling them to go on ahead as he may be in the hospital for a while and will call another car when he's done getting his shoulder looked at.

Then keep stalling them in the front lobby if he can. From there head towards one of the offices that bnc gave a list that includes a sports scientist or orthopedic office (maybe just wander the halls with confidence that he knows where he's going). Once there, attempt to set up an appointment for his fake shoulder injury or some other thing. Leave and join the team as they leave or set out after they do by calling a cab or whatever.

Crossbow
QUOTE (Gilga @ Jul 5 2020, 05:29 PM) *
What did I miss the post where Taurus goes violent?

I was going, actually still think we need to, take out the cop.
Thanee
I still cannot see any benefit in taking him out. He is more of a help than a hindrance to us at the moment.

Apart from the fact, that it will cause an instant alarm, even if you would take him out in one shot. We are not in a dark alley here.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
James is in the car. So if she couldn't control the limo remotely, she could steer it not-so-much-remotely.

@Crossbow If he doesn't inform bnc about the plan, there's nothing she can do. If he does ... you'll see wink.gif
Gilga
I want a quiet job but I don't like to metagame. It feels like an overreaction for me.
Volker
Then why do you?
Can't we just post what our characters do in the IC thread, discuss in the IC thread and make decisions in the IC thread?
Thanee
In general, sure. But sometimes decisions are based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation, then it is a good idea to clear that up. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Different people, cultures, and common sense I guess. Everything was so out of the blue for me, I mean the man was about to give us the personal items.
Crossbow
Actually, I am glad for the effort. I wasn't seeing a good outcome from where it stood, and we do not want a shootout with us saddled with a gurney and the cop.

Taurus talked to bnc, my colors are different from y'all. Green is for Matrix.
Thanee
I also use green for Matrix. As do most here, I think. But I also tend to look for the spikey brackets. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Not sure which "moving" you refer to... moving the dwarf onto the gurney or moving the gurney.

I wouldn't expect Nova to do this all by herself. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
Can I choke him out now?
Thanee
I hope you are just being funny. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
The work ya'll could have done in the amount of time you've used talking about what you could have done...
Volker
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 6 2020, 05:28 PM) *
In general, sure. But sometimes decisions are based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation, then it is a good idea to clear that up. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

I totally agree, but strategic communication whether or whether not it is a good idea to attack him is beyond that, I believe. So basically, if I'm not sure how the situation is, I think the right person to ask is the GM, not the other players. And the right person to answer is, of course, the GM, too ^^

@Crossbow
Yep, I saw that. I believe we all use green for matrix. But since the following message indicated a different course of action, bnc jumped on that train and didn't respond to Taurus' request. Also bc she trusts Nova more than she does Taurus. Sorry for her being her ^^
Thanee
I'm trying to. smile.gif

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 4 2020, 02:49 PM) *
Then it's time to get Angström detached from the autodoc and carefully put on the gurney. Nova will keep the savior medkit handy to watch his status and keep him stable while they get him downstairs.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 5 2020, 11:32 PM) *
Once they have the patient secured, Nova will slowly move the gurney out of the room, constantly monitoring his status.

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012