Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Uncaring Stars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Gilga
I edited the post. to include talking to bnc.
Thanee
Since it probably makes sense to retrieve some gear before actually engaging them... how much of a detour is it for Nova to get back to their place first to gear up, before following them again?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
@Thanee
You aren't that far out - call it 15 to 20 minutes

@Volker
Noted, just remember you not only have your anthro drone but also your deck on the line here.

Volker
Noted and appreciated. Basically, I see it like going in physically. It's my life that's on the stake. So don't worry - if they'd have taken longer, I might still have just waited out unless a good opportunity would have presented itself. I was just very much confused because the situation was so very much unlike how I pictured it when I posted James nearby to be able to intervene on short notice.
Thanee
Okay, guess Nova will go for that, then...

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Strangely in SR organic bodies are cheap to repair but drones cost a fortune.
Volker
It's the same in real life. I always was the kid who wore short trousers lest I tear my jeans when I fall on my knees ^^
Volker
Where is the comb at the moment? Is Muhme going to find the dwarf girl?
Jack_Spade
The comb is on its way to the blimp.
If she can find the girl is a different matter entirely.
Thanee
Isn't the comb from the first girl? The one they have in the car?

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Yeap, though since Nova came back for equipment - she could have delivered the hair of the second girl to Mhume.
At any case, we have contact with the people we need to stop - so finding the girls may be delayed (unless we do not engage them).
Thanee
Right. That makes sense. Since she talked to the parents, she probably had the samples on her, anyways. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
Sorry for the disappearance, it has been a week.
Gilga
Jack - What is his body attribute (assume Anna buys 4 hits assessing?)
Jack_Spade
Bod 5
And as you have time enough to asense him,
Rea 8, Int 5, Str 5, Agi 5, Mag 5, Cha 4, Log 2, Wil 5
Gilga
Rea 8- does she spot magic or augmentation there (?)
Jack_Spade
No essence loss - but no active spell either wink.gif
Thanee
He could be masking it, of course. Or use drugs. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Well - he could be - but for Anna, it would be strange to use performance-enhancing drugs if he is not anticipating combat. Best to suspect an Adept.
Thanee
That is a possibility, too, of course. But wouldn't you be able to assense that? Unless he is masking his aura, of course. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Not sure wink.gif
Jack_Spade
Being an adept or a mage is not a quality, so you can't get this information from assensing with your Astral Body Guard quality.
Thanee
Yeah, it's all a little vague, but wouldn't that be part of "class of magical subject" (2 hits on Assensing)?

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Jack - which spirit "which spirit is following him"? --- how many spirits are there?
On the astral, Anna could see the spirit of man following him. Concentrating, she could see the connection stretching between them, indicating that this was a bound spirit.

I thought that the spirit of man was following the conjurer not seating outside the car (is that another spirit?).

PS: Insane that they invented a different mechanic for petrify that overrides the sepllcasting (and nice that you know that).
Jack_Spade

I thought that the spirit of man was following the conjurer not seating outside the car (is that another spirit?).

I'm not sure I understand you.
All of them are mages, all of them can conjure. (Evident by the fact that one of them talked to the dwarf and put a spell on him)
Jack_Spade
To clarify the situation:

The bad guys had a materialized spirit of man sitting outside the car. It has both invisibility and concealment active, so Anna had to look into the astral to spot it.
There is a connection between the spirit and the occupants of the car.
The guy who left the car hat this connection visible after leaving it, making it clear that he is the conjurer/binder of this spirit.
Now that Anna has casted the petrify spell, the spirit is through his connection to the guy aware that there is a hostile spellcaster around - and since the spell was cast at F6 the spellcasting could be spotted with a 3 on the perception check.
The hostile spirit is aware of Anna and has alarmed the remaining occupants through his cry.
Thanee
I think Gilga's question is, basically, whether all the mentionings of a spirit were about that same spirit. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
I had been jogging up the trail, how close am I to 1) Anna 2) the Spirit, 3) the car, petrified mage

To be clear, what I would like to do is charge into the petrified mage.
Gilga
How many spirits are we aware of? Is the spirit at the car the same spirit following the petrified mage?

For Reference:

Initiative order:
1. Anna 25 Petrify spirit: Petrify(6): 17d6t5 7 - my interpretation is that it would turn the spirit unconciouss (disipate it - but if we decide it would not work then either let Anna learn the hard way - or let me select another action(perhaps mana barrier).
2. Taurus: 23 - charge petrified mage. (unarmed attack I assume?)
3. Anna's spirit 22 Initiative: 10+3d6 22 - astral combat spirit (if relevant): Astral combat: 12d6t5 5 -- Tasked to protect Anna.
4. Nova 20
5. Enemy spirit 19
?. Enemies in car.
Jack_Spade
At the moment there is only one opposing spirit in sight.
Petrification works, but the spirit can just dematerialize to break the spell

@Crossbow
Roll your attack, you are close enough. The petrified mage is helpless and if you destroy his body, the spirit will go away (most likely)
Gilga
I'll keep the petrify then - it would prevent the spirit from dodging in astral combat wink.gif
Volker
bnc will just delay her action and keep watch
Crossbow
Wow, is that how it works? I figured he would shatter, but I didn't think it would turn to gore right away like that.

Taurus getting showered with blood and viscera might be a startling character development for him.
Volker
The spell ends as soon as it doesn't have a valid target anymore, i.e. the exact moment, when the target dies.

I guess, Taurus might be surprised, too, then ^^
Thanee
Is the door to the car still open?
Jack_Spade
He closed the car door behind him. There are now two people with a hostage inside.
Volker
Awesome ^^
James would want to come relatively close to the car, so that he can be there within a couple of seconds/actions, but at least in hard cover (preferrably unseen).
Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Sep 10 2020, 07:10 PM) *
He closed the car door behind him. There are now two people with a hostage inside.

So, what to expect from a modern car, will the door simply open unless they specifically locked it? Or do the future cars do that automatically?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Considering that carjacking is even today a reason for cars to lock themselves, I'd say yes, you won't get in, especially since locking the door is a free action press of the keyfob.

That said: It's not that hard to punch through a car window - you'll just need a bit of tactic working with each other to get this done.
Gilga
resist chaotic world: 15d6t5 5 - resisted (improved intuition at its best here).
Crossbow
Gilga, how many counter spelling dice do I have?

[ Spoiler ]
Gilga
I did not use counter spell (did not know how it worked on AOE)
Thanee
I think you simply spend the Spell Defense dice on individual spells, regardless of single target or area. The dice then work on everyone you protected, that is affected by that spell.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Seems like everyone resisted just fine.
Thanee
Yep. Although, 4 hits was pretty tame. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Jack would you allow invisibility spell to see through the car... not to target spells but so that Nova and Taurus can see where the mages are and perhaps target them.
Thanee
How would an invisibility spell help with that?

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
If I turn the windows/doors invisible then you can see the people in the car and shoot them without harming the teenage girl. (or without blind fire modifier). I never used it like that but it feels like a nice thing to try.
Thanee
Ah, you want to make the car invisible. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
That's so fucking smart :-0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012