Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Uncaring Stars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Jack_Spade
Honestly, that would open up a huge can of worms.
Turning the car invsible turns the occupants invisible just like turning a runner invisible turns also their stomach contents invisible

Now, turning a part of the car invisible would likely work, but then we get into territory of: Can I turn part of my body invisible to see what's inside? Can I turn the safe door front plate invisible so I can see the gears inside? Can I turn the smoke invisible so I can navigate without problem?

My interpretation is that for the spell to work, it has to be able to enclose an object or a person in a bubble and that there has to be enough space between the objekt/person and it's environment for the spell to register what you want invisible and what not.
With people it's easy - they haven an aura to guide the spell around them and their worn gear. Turning a whole car invisible is also possible, as the contact points between the wheels and the ground are comparatively small. Turning a lamppost fixed in the ground invisible would not be easy to do, as it's not a discreet object from the point of view of the spell, but an integrated part of the environment.

Basically: If it can't jump (theoretically) isolated into the air, you can't turn it invisible.
Gilga
I just wanted to read about Nova taking a shot through the barrier wink.gif
I accept this decision:

Anna's actions are 1. Command spirit to materialize in the car and petrify the mages.

Then she'll want a chance for a line of sight - is the crack she used to listen suitable?
not sure what to sue the other simple action for otherwise (perhaps reckless summoning?)
If line of sight can be established she'll petrify herself the driver or the mage at the back.
Petrify F6: 19d6t5 4
drain: 15d6t5 4

would take 1 drain due to reckless spellcasting.
Jack_Spade
You can get line of sight by staying behind Taurus.

I'm waiting for James' action before I can react with the two in the car.
Volker
Ah, sorry. I was waiting to see whether or not Anna's Petrify spell worked. So, I'm still delaying that action.
Jack_Spade
Alright, so delay:

The driver resists with Body and Counterspell:
Spell Defense: 10d6t5 6
Resists

The spirit spends its action materializing.

I interpret Nova's action as being held with a free action spend to talk.

The driver throws a fireball at those he can see.

Fireball F6: 13d6t5 4
You can drop your Ini by -5 to evade, otherwise you have to content with DV 7P AP-6 Fire Damage

If you have to evade you lose your held actions.
Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Sep 14 2020, 11:29 PM) *
I interpret Nova's action as being held with a free action spend to talk.

Sorry, I didn't specify, but yeah, that was the intent. Looks like they do not intend to comply, though.

The driver throws a fireball at those he can see.

Fireball F6: 13d6t5 4
You can drop your Ini by -5 to evade, otherwise you have to content with DV 7P AP-6 Fire Damage

If you have to evade you lose your held actions.

No evade.

Damage Resistance 14 hits

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
Taurus will evade, over the top of the car if possible.

Thanee, what do HSA and SBL stand for in my damage resistance rolls?
Gilga
Anna retreats, dropping her init to 10 - (losing third init pass).

Volker
Is James within range?

James draws closer, to a distance of roughly 5 to 7 meters, depending on where cover can be found.

Second question: If James gets damaged, how much time and nuyen would I have to spend repairing him?
Thanee
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Sep 15 2020, 02:11 AM) *
Thanee, what do HSA and SBL stand for in my damage resistance rolls?

Heavy Security Armor
Synergist Business Line

smile.gif

Assuming, you are in the "light" armor configuration, that will be the Synergist with just a half-body FFBA for 31 dice +6 from fire resistance (which cancels out with the AP).

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
@Volker
yeah, at 12m across, James is most likely within the AoE.
Repairing James follows the rules from Rigger 5 p.29f

SPARE PARTS
To repair a vehicle or drone, you need to have the parts on hand. These can be purchased from any shop, hardware store, or junk yard for five percent of the cost of the vehicle or drone per box of damage on the Condition Monitor that needs to be repaired. You can also scavenge parts off of similar vehicles—more about that later on. If you don’t have sufficient parts for your repair, you’ll take a penalty to the Extended Technical Skill Test, depending on how short you are: Increase the interval to one day, and for every box worth of parts you lack, you take a –4 dice pool penalty.

Once you have the parts and tools sorted out, make an Extended appropriate Mechanic + Logic [Mental] Extended Test, with a threshold equal to the number of boxes of damage to repair and an interval of four hours
(one day if you don’t have enough parts). The modifiers on the Repair Table apply to this test.
Gilga
Just so we're ready - 2nd round initiative:
1. Anna Initiative#2: 18+2d6 23
2. Sophie Initiative#2: 13+2d6 21
Volker
@Jack thanks
5 % of a standard Direktionssekretär or 5 % of James including all updgrades, cyberware, sensors, and stuff?

@gilga we only just arrived phase 2
Gilga
Anna Taurus do not have an action, James and Nova do.
Jack_Spade
@Volker
Base costs - otherwise it's getting ridiculous even faster than now.
Thanee
I guess, Nova will just shoot the woman. Is it possible to shoot her into the shoulder or something, so she cannot harm the girl with that knife?

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Oh jeez, the girl!

What penalty would it be to hit the woman?

Would you allow me to direct the attack at her instead of the driver?
Jack_Spade
The girl is basically cover. So if you tie, you'll hit the girl. (That's one of the nicer features of SR: you don't have to subtract dice for cover, so you can leave that to the defender)
Thanee
Then let's hope for the best! smile.gif

At least, sitting in the car, should make her defense a little trickier.

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
QUOTE (Gilga @ Sep 16 2020, 10:31 AM) *
Anna Taurus do not have an action, James and Nova do.

I don't? I didn't think I lost my action from the evade. Ah well, soon as I can I am ripping that dude out of the car through his window. We can't kill him, we need someone to interrogate.
Gilga
You lost the 3rd initiative pass when you evaded -5 to initiative
Thanee
Round 2 Initiative 24

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
Initiative: 2d6+15 19
Gilga
1. Nova 24
2. Anna 23
3. Sophie (spirit) 21
4. Taurus: 19
James?
Driver?
Thanee
Is the first round completely finished?

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (Gilga @ Sep 17 2020, 05:50 PM) *
1. Nova 24
2. Anna 23
3. Sophie (spirit) 21
4. Taurus: 19
James?
Driver?

QUOTE (Volker @ Sep 17 2020, 07:21 AM) *
Initiative: 5d6+14 27

Crossbow
QUOTE (Volker @ Sep 17 2020, 03:05 PM) *
That leaves 8 points of damage. I assume that this still does not exceed the total armor rating of the mage, so this should still be stun damage, right? That would then be a total of 14 boxes and should render him unconscious.

Okay, as a GM myself I am going to say this, so if someone wants to take issue, realize I have been there. Jack, I am enjoying the heck out of the game.

This kind of statement quoted above is not helpful, if you have a frustration with game rules not working in your favor or the way a GM might be running a game, take it up in private. Players are not all knowing, and they/we can forget that. GMs could be throwing a little something into an encounter to make it a little more interesting/challenging/exciting/fun, especially when players kind of take an encounter sideways like I am sure we just did.

We are in this together for a fun experience, try to remember that.
Gilga
Why sideways?
Volker
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Sep 17 2020, 07:35 PM) *
Okay, as a GM myself I am going to say this, so if someone wants to take issue, realize I have been there. Jack, I am enjoying the heck out of the game.

This kind of statement quoted above is not helpful, if you have a frustration with game rules not working in your favor or the way a GM might be running a game, take it up in private. Players are not all knowing, and they/we can forget that. GMs could be throwing a little something into an encounter to make it a little more interesting/challenging/exciting/fun, especially when players kind of take an encounter sideways like I am sure we just did.

We are in this together for a fun experience, try to remember that.

What exactly are you talking about? Jack usually allows the players to roll and calculate the effects of their actions in order to speed things up. What's your issue?
Crossbow
QUOTE (Gilga @ Sep 17 2020, 03:47 PM) *
Why sideways?

Petrifing and smashing someone that was likely the biggest threat
Crossbow
QUOTE (Volker @ Sep 17 2020, 03:56 PM) *
What exactly are you talking about? Jack usually allows the players to roll and calculate the effects of their actions in order to speed things up. What's your issue?

That language seemed a bit aggressive. Might just be me having a flashback moment, if that is the case, my bad.
Jack_Spade
@Crossbow
Thanks for the support, but no need to worry, that wasn't anything but Volker's directness.

And no, that went as well as could be expected - you have two dead black mages and one unconscious mage as well as one of the hostages.
Volker
Actually it wasn't even me being direct as there was not a bit of anything personal in it. It was just me calculating the outcome of my character's attack and making sure I didn't get any rules or assumptions wrong. I couldn't be sure it actually would deal stun only, as, in the end, I don't know how the 29 soak dice are calculated. So I just wrote what I thought was the most likely outcome. Which happened to be correct, fortunately.
Anyway, no worries, there was no aggression or frustration or anything of that kind in the post, just calculations.
Thanee
Why the frag does a Schwarzwälder girl speak English to random strangers? Odd world, that.

Haha! I actually thought about that, too, when speaking to the girl... but I think we are not atually speaking english, just using it in the forum.

I might be wrong, of course. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
I'd imagine us speaking German (I mean e.g., it would be strange to speak to the parents in English, and when Anna listens in on the conversation of the crazy mages why would it be in English, are they foreign too?. So I reasoned that we write in English because some of us are just not German speakers.

Jack_Spade
Yeah, this was merely a translation convention - not that it matters very much. If you talked English among yourself, the girl would have switched to that language as well
Volker
Ah, okay, sorry ^^ I didn't consider that, really, especially as at least Anna hardly speaks German (let alone the local dialect).

So, do we just ignore the language barriers for simplicity's sake? We don't have any language all team members speak above a level of 2.
Thanee
@Gilga: Not sure you can send the spirit after the dwarf girl, don't you need to have assensed her for that?

We do have the hair, so there is something for ritual magic, but a spirit with Search won't suffice, AFAIK.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
You only need to have seen the girl to instruct a spirit to search for her, but yes, spirit search failed once already (or at least didn't resolve in time)
Thanee
Is the picture good enough, then? We havn't actually seen her, yet.

Either way, guess good old tracking might work better, anyways. Unfortunately, Nova only has some Survival, but no Tracking.

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Anna can default tracking with 9 dice it might work.
Volker
Magic is just crazy ^^

I interpret your missing answers as a "yes", then.
Jack_Spade
Yes, we ignore translation issues - translations software is cheap and ubiquitous.

Also, good roll on tracking
Volker
okay, makes sense to me

I guess, I hope Taurus left something of the stream ^^ bnc's gonna need it, too

I only just realized that bnc is the only one left from Deep Black Sea... :-O
Jack_Spade
Yes, unfortuantely, forum rpg has a high atrition rate.
Crossbow
How did Taurus end up with Nova? He really can't have tea and watch a prisoner.

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Sep 24 2020, 01:08 PM) *

I have 2 from my original team of 8, but only 3 total now.
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Sep 24 2020, 05:08 PM) *

Yeah frown.gif
But on the other hand - I guess it comes closer to the reality of shadowrunning that a stable team. I guess, fellow runners come and go most of the time.

@Crossbow
They took prisoner and girl together, but you're right about the prisoner. I'd assume that maybe Nova went to talk to the parents while you stayed back with the prisoner?
Thanee
@Gilga: Don't you want to check (and if so) mention to the parents of the dwarf girl, that she is awakened?

As for the prisoner... I expected for Nova and Taurus to split up at some point, he delivering the prisoner and her bringing back the girl.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
I don't see a reason why she would be awakened. It was the BGC that kept her hidden. But sure, check. It's free.
Gilga
Anna assensed her for her medical state. if need be I'll roll.
assensing: 12d6t5 4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012